(See All?) Announcements
535 Users Online
Google, Bing

Make a wish on our sorry little hearts — Spectral Woods 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Maeby who has 207 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Darrah Tainn
Sorry if something doesn't make sense. The internet gave out momentarily and I got flustered and rushed through just in case it decides to do it again x_x! Dated to 5/4 if that's okay? @Quentin
Warm and sunny 
early morning

Six months, that's how long the Tainn had been away from Oak Tree Bend. In other words, half a year, which in all honestly was a long time! Of course, the yearling just couldn't see it that way. To him, his memory should have been able to retain every last nook and cranny surrounding home, so why was he finding it so difficult to remember? First things first; he'd work on reintroducing himself to Spectral Woods. The task couldn't possibly prove to be /too difficult. After all, he'd spent most of his youth wallowing in self-pity there! That's right, whenever times got tough, whenever he could feel a build up of tears involuntary breaking through, he'd sprint straight to that location specifically. There was a certain comfort there that he couldn't quite explain, only that it was absolutely perfect.

Trotting through the woodland location certainly was nostalgic, Darrah's tail waved happily behind him as he re-explored his childhood. "I think I took this place for granted as a kid, but now I definitely realize just how special it is.." a warm smile lit up his face as he carried through further. "I wonder if @Drift or @Sahalie have been able to notice..." That sure would make his day, though he was a bit doubtful.

I curse the blue skies.

Darrah Tainn

(This post was last modified: May 03, 2016, 10:23 AM by Darrah.)
At some point,

I started looking at the ground more than the sky

It’s hard even to breathe.
Played by Grey who has 29 posts.
Quentin "Kyoo" Connor
Fffffff, the internet gave out on me also! D: Glad you were able to recover/piece together what you had though.

step we gaily on we go
Quentin Connor
heel for heel and toe for toe

Since he had returned to Oak Tree Bend from his accidental departure in search for teaching materials, Quentin had spent his days soon after reacquainting himself with the territory. Now when he strayed too far from the borders, he made sure to plant his paws firmly on nearby trees as he went. Doing so ensured that he had a clear an distinct 'bread crumb' trail to refer to when he was ready to return 'home.' Once or twice, he only deviated from the borders by mere meters, but on a third impulse to leave, he left the invisible borderline to check out something he thought he had smelled. Something small and scaly or furry and fidgety... like a turtle or a mouse... something that he thought he might want to show his apprentice just for fun.

By the time another had come into his midst, Quentin Connor had his head down a cub-sized burrow and whatever the younger wolf was babbling about had been missed. He pulled his head out of the ground and he scanned his immediate surroundings to spot a dark figure through the trees. At first his body gave a jolt, excited at first to think that it had been Sahalie, if only to raise a brow moments later to realize that the voice he had heard was distinctly male.

"'Scuse me?" he called out to the traveler, blinking as his dirt-covered nose twitched. Truth be told, his interest only piqued when he had heard Sahalie's name in passing, "'Scuse me? Are you... talking to me?"

[Image: iWnkFAb.png]
Taekwondo (M, W, F) | Rapid-Response Day (Tu) | WoW Nights (F, Sat, Sun)
Beirne may possibly join in any thread Quentin is in at any time, unless requested otherwise.
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A young deer has been separated from the rest of its herd. Hunt Opportunity
Darrah Tainn
I had trouble responding to this because Quentin is just so darn cute oh my gosh Dx!!

As if he were still a child, the Tainn couldn't help but jump when the sound of some foreign voice suddenly made an appearance nearby. With how often this had happened to him back then, you'd think he'd of adapted to it by now. Oak Tree Bend's residents had always been anything but shy when it came to talking to their prince, and by the looks of things now that was never going to change. Though when push came to shove it was't the worst characteristic to stick within the boarders, and he'd always been up to the task of making new friends nevertheless.

Darrah's tail swayed calmly as he attempted to pinpoint where the wolf had been talking from. "Ah, Sorry. I was actually sort of talking to.. Myself." He chuckled. "It's a bad habit I've had since birth, 'Fraid there's just no shaking it." With a warm smile, and finally having been able to spot out his company, the ravened heir lightly trotted closer. "Are you.. Looking for something?" The male's face had oddly enough been apparently dusted in dirt, an odd sight for an outsider really. 'Doesn't look familiar to me at all.. Could be be from another pack?'

I curse the blue skies.

Darrah Tainn

At some point,

Quentin "Kyoo" Connor
step we gaily on we go
Quentin Connor

"Ah, Sorry." The voice came through the trees. Quentin's head leaned back in such a way as if he were going to just use his chin as a means to protect his throat; if he had been human, he would have had a double chin... not flattering at all. He was determined to see just who had been mumbling and bumbling about the area, though, and he craned his head to and fro as to peer around the gnarled trunks. The other young male had been quick to explain himself, "I was actually sort of talking to.. Myself."

Oh. Quentin had to brace himself; inside he was already cringing. Awkward...

If anything, his companion went on to say that talking to himself had been a habit he had had since he was a wee lad - and that it had been a bad habit at that. "Huh," Quentin sounded as if he were amused by the fact. He scowled at first, trying to think if he had any bad habits himself, but as soon as that dark head peered around to lay eyes on him and his soil-flecked face, he lurched to one side. NOT Sahalie, he had to tell himself in his head. Not with that curious star-shine mark on his forehead.

The boy's smile was returned as soon as Quentin got out of his head and back into the waking world around him. "Mmmmnah," he admitted, his own tail wagging. "Not really. I'm jus' takin' a look' around." Maybe looking for a... gift, but I ain't gonna tell ye that. He was already sizing up his companion, merely looking him over as if something else on that ebon coat might finally make him familiar, "Thought I'd check this burrow 'ere an' see if there was anything inside."

Here, he figured he was talking too much; he quickly sealed his lips. Hot flashes were prickling up the back his neck from his shoulders to the base of his skull. He really could have introduced himself, asked the other for his name, commented on that rather becoming forehead marking, or - most importantly - actually asked how the other youth knew Sahalie, but instead, he said: "Have you ever seen a turtle before? The soil 'round here seems to be sublime for 'em."

Beirne may possibly join in any thread Quentin is in at any time, unless requested otherwise.
Darrah Tainn

The prince nodded slowly as his company spoke. Perhaps he was just a poor judge of character, but why was it that every last wolf he'd encountered since returning to the lore came off as suspicious? The Tainn had half a mind to question his peer further on the matter, though before he could speak up he found that the man had already begun talking again.

"...Turtles?" Darrah desperately tried to hold onto his chuckle, but to no avail. What peculiar company he'd found himself with! Willingly changing the subject to talk about small reptiles as if it were nothing. He'd forgive it for now, for at the very least he was entertained. "Yeah, I've seen em'. I grew up around the area, so I guess you could say I'm actually quite used to them." letting a warm smile rest upon his muzzle, the Tainn made himself comfortable before the stranger. "You new to turtles? Be careful, some of them bite! And it ain't very fun when it happens, either." the yearling had witnessed it himself once or twice, though had never been bit personally. A lot of vicious creatures made residency to the lore, and they came in a wide variety of shapes and sizes.

I curse the blue skies.

Darrah Tainn

At some point,

Quentin "Kyoo" Connor
step we gaily on we go
Quentin Connor

As the other youth had begun to tell him that he had seen a turtle - grown up with them even - Quentin's brows rose in genuine delight. Oh, there was hope for this venture yet. Already his mind was whirling with all the potential moments of hearing @Sahalie giggle and ooh and aah at the little tokens he brought for her. The salmonberries were only the start and it was only his hope that he would find nicer, better, cooler gifts. When the question came about whether Quentin was new to the discovery of the hard-shelled reptiles, the red-eared man shook his head, even as his companion went on to warn about their bite.

A smirk graced his muzzle and he stepped forward as to stand within a more comfortable distance of the lad; standing just about a few wolf-lengths away from one another was perhaps more suitable for casual conversation. "Oh, I know! One of 'em almost got me brother Beirne once, right on th'nose, too. Had ta pull 'im back by the tail. The ones that're, like, beaky... yeah, ye need ta watch out fer those. Take yer toes right off. Nail, pad, an' all."

Then, for one reason or another, or maybe because he had caught a whiff of an underlying scent that so reminded him of his little tenderfoot and almost a lot of her father, Triell, he remembered what he had meant to ask. "Hey, so, um," he hadn't even thought about whether or not bringing it up would be weird or out-of-place. "I thought I heard you say a name earlier? Sa-hay-lee?" While Quentin had known about @Drift, all he knew about the pale-coated boy was that he was his little girl-friend's only-brother and litter mate. Maybe if the re-adopted subordinate was able to stop thinking about flowers and remedies and the Tainn daughter, he might have thought to look out for him. As it stood, well, there was still much that the Connor could learn about the (legendary) family.

"I know 'er," he went on, starting to become a blabbermouth again. "She's a... She's a friend of mine."

(This post was last modified: May 05, 2016, 09:59 AM by Quentin.)
Darrah Tainn

Darrah's smile widened at the short story his company had just shared. "Ahh, right! They're the worst!" He groaned, having seen the tiny devils lying about here and there in the past. "You can even tell by glancing at em'. They just.. Don't even look okay!" with those sharp claws and pointy noses, one would be a complete fool to trust something like that! But he was no fool, oh no sir. You'd never catch him near one of those suckers, at least, not intentionally. "Anyways, enough turtle talk.." the yearling was glad to see that the stranger also took a moment to get comfortable, good conversation hadn't usually come so cheap these days. If he'd only known how soon that was going to change.

The Tainn could suddenly feel an atmosphere shift as the lad mentioned his sister, what business did he have hanging around Sahalie? "What kind of friend?" his bright orange eyes fell into a squint, examining the man thoroughly. "She's my kin. Allow me to introduce myself." Standing up tall, if only for some sort of intimidation, the prince allowed a moment of silence to let his company know that he now meant business. "Darrah Tainn, Son of Triell, Heir to Oak Tree Bend. And might I now ask who you might be?"

Celebrate the way the night hides scars.

Darrah Tainn

At some point,

Quentin "Kyoo" Connor
step we gaily on we go
Quentin Connor

The question that came in reply was enough to set Quentin on edge. At this point, he might as well have been tiptoeing about on the backs of porcupines after it seemed like his companion knew his apprentice. Then, there came the squint. The Connor was writhing inside; and, at the mention that the other brute was related to Sahalie, a part of him could have been declared dead. Now he absolutely had to be careful.

Quentin watched as he straightened himself; in return, he had to shrink back a little. Thus far, as much as he knew, this was all instinctive after having had such awe and admiration for the Tainn girl. "Darrah Tainn, Son of Triell, Heir to Oak Tree Bend." The boy's name and title had the tawny youth wide-eyed and rendered speechless. "And might I now ask who you might be?"

"I..." he started, staring at Darrah's face for a whole split second before he managed to move his jaw again to form some of the words he had wanted to say. "I... @Sahalie's a friend of mine." Okay, so it was a bit redundant and not entirely helpful to repeat what he had just said just moments ago... but... he did make hearty attempt to recover. His tail lowered a bit, the tone of conversation suddenly shifting into one that would surely turn his world on its head. "I'm Quentin... Connor. I was lost on the red hills in the east, hurting without anyone in the world an' she-- she found me."

"She--" This time when he began, a small chuckle came from him at the thought of the memory. "I dunno 'ow she did it but she got me ta start teachin' 'er 'bout plants. I owe her a bit..." A simper overcame his facial features, immediately making him come off as shy or timid. "She believes that I could help Oak Tree Bend, help it grow strong."

Darrah Tainn

"I see.." Darrah exhaled, allowing his features to soften once more. Appearing 'menacing' wasn't the yearlings strong suit, and quite frankly he'd be better off without attempting the look all together. Though truthfully, there wasn't much he wouldn't do when it came to protecting his family. Even if it made him feel awkward in the long run. "Quentin.." He repeated the name, attempting to get a feel for it on his tongue. "So its like.. You're apprenticing her in a way?" That wasn't too bad, actually the boy could almost even appreciate the effort. Sahalie was at an age where she needed to start considering what she'd like to do within the pack, what role she'd pursue to benefit everyone else. It was a difficult decision for the prince himself, so if she had help, well, so be it. Good for her.

"I apologize, it'd seem as if I had jumped to the wrong conclusion just then." Darrah's tail began to wag, and he once more let a grin shine through. "I'd actually like it if you'd continue to teach her, as long as she's up to it I mean.. As for helping the Bend grow, good luck." Hadn't Quentin heard the news? Their pack was a curse, no saving a dead tree.

Celebrate the way the night hides scars.

Darrah Tainn

At some point,