(See All?) Announcements
517 Users Online
Google, Khalon, Bing

carry on my wayward son — Willow Ridge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Grey who has 448 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sköll Archer

"I don't know, Mother," he lent. Again his ears slicked back against his skull. He had nothing else to say about it, this sudden lack of confidence and desire to become Willow Ridge's highest-ranking male. Perhaps, he truly was a like a tot with a toy; just because he couldn't have it he wanted it and vice versa. What made it all worse, was the lingering presence of his uncle, Nicolo. Like any family whose business and relations came from something akin to old money, Skoll had to be nothing but respectful and ever-patient if he wanted his share of the inheritance. It had all become one long waiting game. Elettra, he was so certain would live for a long time yet, but Nicolo... perhaps not.

"Then make me proud, Skoll..." her voice washed over him like a warm summer rain, cool yet comforting all the same. She, like Morganna, always knew what to say. "Protect your home, your family..." she confided. "You can't stand by and let Willow Ridge crumble. It should only go down if we want it to go down, not because someone else ruined it." It was just enough to stoke his inner fire. How long this confidence would last, he was not so sure but he would be damned if he let the embers of it die out in the darkness of his heart. For as long as he could remember Willow Ridge had always been his to protect - if it was not his, it was his mother's or his sister's or his brother's or his son's...

"Always," the second-born offered, averted eyes flitting across the ground and towards his mother's paws so that the rest of him might follow to give Elettra's chin a gentle nudge with the bridge of his nose. As if to confirm this, he repeated it again, his voice a little more steadier and assertive than before. "Always."

i'm a dreamer, i'm a man
i'm doing whatever i can to make the bad things go away
Played by Vami who has 1,026 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer

She was silent for a few moments even after Skoll had spoke. She had nothing else that she could say on the manner. No good Leader was a Leader forced into the position he was given. He had to earn the right, had to want the right. For the time being it seemed Skoll Archer did not. If anything she could only hope that he would be there to make sure nothing was going on with Nicolo that would otherwise harm Morganna and the pack itself. Elettra never thought Nicolo to be the type, but then again Elettra never thought Nicolo would be the type with a craving to lead, ether.

Her attention had drifted in the silence, gray eyes moving out along the outskirts of her homeland. Then Skoll spoke, the single word enough of a promise to keep the mother happy. He moved to her and her eyes lifted with enough time to watch as his muzzle came to rub up under her chin. A smile, small yet still very visible, moved other Elettra's features and her muzzle moved down, touching her son in return. "Come." She spoke gently, moving and arching around her boy to give his side a bump with her own. "You were patrolling, weren't you?" She could join him, if he'd like and she left the option open by standing and waiting for his response. The way things were going around here, for all she knew, she might never have a chance to have another night with her child like this again. 

Played by Grey who has 448 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sköll Archer

The promise had been made and now Skoll was bound to it. No matter what, he would protect his family (even if he had vowed to do so from the very start, the most notable deed being the extremities he had undertaken to make sure his other younger half-siblings would not be taken again) and he would keep Willow Ridge as secure as he could manage (as much as he believed himself to be one with the darkness, there was no way to physically be everywhere at once at all hours of the night). Skoll Archer was going to do his best, to continually make his mother be proud of him.

"Come," she spoke, pulling away from him and giving him a gentle nudge to his side. His eyes went from her shoulder to her eyes, not in challenge but for a bit of security and assurance. "You were patrolling, weren't you?" To this, he nodded, still solemn and quiet. "Would--" he wasn't sure why he hesitated. This, just having this much relished one-on-one time with his mother when he wasn't figuratively spitting in her face and snapping at her, was something he had long since dreamed of. For as long as he could remember, he had wanted to be the favorite, and he saw in this little meeting an opportunity to start trying... the right way...

"Would you like to join me?" he stood up at last and turned about so that he was shoulder-to-shoulder with her before taking a few steps forward. His heart skipped a beat when she followed and it was with a recovering smile that he began to lead her through her realm, their domain. For the most part silence overtook him and he hoped that with removing the need for words, the two of them would reconnect in such a way that was how their relationship had been at the start. Just like Morganna, Elettra had known him better than anyone else and he needed this time with her. He, too, felt it in his bones... that this would possibly be one of the very last encounters he would have with his mother this way.

(Fade.)

i'm a dreamer, i'm a man
i'm doing whatever i can to make the bad things go away