278 Users Online
Apolline, Bing, Google, Adelard, Chan, Hazelnut, Apollo

You think I'm just too serious, I think you're full of shit — Red Fern Forest 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becuffin who has 114 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Eek
@Darrah?

Eek had been here some weeks now, with barely a wolf to meet she found herself rather underwhelmed by this family. The children were all but grown and none were on the way (a sure sign of imminent death for a pack unless something changed and soon), and the wolf directly above her had slipped away like the distant shadow she seemed. It was a disjointed pack, each wolf keeping to themselves and isolated from the next, it left Eek in a rather advantageous position, but first she had to recover from the rigmaroles of her lonely existence. So she had wasted no time, catching small prey to fill the caches to replenish what she had taken (and then some), and when the snows finally finished melting she had begun to gather the tools of her trade.

Aconite and Arnica were double edged swords, likewise Ergot could have just as many ill-effects as helpful and still be passed off as a simple miscalculation. Hellebore was good for a scare and readily available - she would have much preferred some rattle grass but she would need to go somewhere much more open to gather such. The nightshade would be fruiting soon, easy enough to slip in with chokecherries for some extra chokieness, but both would require going over the mountain and she wasn't quite ready for that yet. It would be hard to pass off cowsbane for anything but what it was and so she left the plant be, mercurial eyes scanning the scant vegetation in search of something more.

[Image: eek_sig_by_becuffin-db8e3ou.png]
Played by Hero who has 494 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
I'm assuming this is technically still AW? I'm going to leave it vague that Koda is currently a member of BTP, his thread with Eirian is ongoing.

Broken Timber Pines was quiet, mostly due to having lost a few members due to lack of loyalty, boredom or the reoccurring urge to wander to distant lands without returning. The recent lost of Zia, one of the founding members and probably one of the most loyal wolves that had remained, caused a rift in the hierarchy and within a few days another woman had taken her spot. She was young, and she was foreign--he assumed that her acceptance had something to do with Eirian, surely the tawny male was beginning to flood the pack with wolves whom he now seemed fitting of the Pine pack and he did his best not to meddle in the male's affairs. Only time would tell if this newly accepted wolf was worthy of remaining with the Reiniers, as it currently stood, they remained the most numerous of the pack, and rightfully so.

Wandering had led him to Red Fern Forest, a territory he'd been to plenty of times since claiming the Eastern side of the mountain and it took him little to no time to find the scent of @Eek in the wind. She was the newest recruit, and her efforts of refilling the caches and helping out around the pack had not gone unnoticed to the previous kind of Broken Timber Pines. Unfortunately for her, in his current state his powers were limited but that did not mean that her reward for taking pride in her position and upholding the pack would not eventually lead to something. He had been in search of youthful, energetic and hard working wolves, he only hoped that time wouldn't wear the dark woman down. When he noticed her he stopped, golden eyes searched her while he sniffed the wind, but all caution was tossed aside when he realized that she had come to Red Fern Forest to forage--he could see the wild plants even from this distance. Perhaps she was more useful than she had put on, "What brings you out so early?" he asked, head cocking to the side in wait for a reply he'd probably already knew the words to.
(This post was last modified: May 08, 2016, 10:53 AM by Koda.)

[Image: btp_by_euphoriclies-d8zepdr.png]
Arla and Emma are the ish and made my pretties!
Koda will most likely always be accompanied by Chiron unless otherwise stated, or requested.

Inactive No Rank
Eek

She had come out here to get away from the wolves of Broken Timber Pines, to see if she could catch some clue of where nearby might soon have children, for at the end of the day that was her truest desire. Any other distraction was merely that, temporary amusement. When the old man called her stump of a tail began its liars dance, her rump swaying to make up for its lack of length in a welcoming way. Eyes widening in an innocent, child like manner as her tongue slipped from her lips with a welcoming yip, easy smile carried in her tone. Now what was his name? Banjo? No K... something... Kujo? Kano?... No, Kodiak? ...big like a bear... "K-@Koda, wasn't it? @Iopah's mate?" He had been back long enough for her to catch his name in passing, but the extent of their interactions ended there. What a shame he had no intention of leaving it that way.

But she was well practiced in this game and wouldn't drop her oenomel facade while food filled her belly and others kept watch while she slept soundly. "Didn't seem like the pack had a healer... if they did winter wasted all the stores... I thought I'd best restock while the pickings were thick." Her head bobbed with her words excitedly, the very picture of youthful vigour and unbridled joy. Hell even if these wolves weren't giving her new life, it was hardly the end of the world. Nobody was going to rain on her parade.

(This post was last modified: May 08, 2016, 10:56 AM by Eek.)
Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
From this distance he caught her deformity, the lack of length in her tail caught him off guard but what she lacked was made up by the exaggerated excited wag of her rump, and he mimicked her move until it slowed to a few quick sways before finally dying down once he lowered to his haunch. He still could not completely bare his weight on all fours , not while standing in one spot, and found that sitting down while conversing was the best way to both rest his leg and hide his disability. He winched inwardly, jumping ever so slightly when his hind leg finally situated into a comfortable enough position that allowed his thick paw to jut awkwardly at his side--pain aside, he stared at Eek, wondering if she'd noticed. In an attempt to conceal this event he smiled, ears pulling themselves backward and addressed her greeting without missing a beat, golden gaze alert to everything around him.

"Yes, and your name was Eek right? It's good to have a new face in the ranks." he wasn't sure if she would take his words as a compliment but she had been the first wolf he'd met with such a unique name since his return, and saying it aloud helped him to commit it to memory. It was also a pleasure seeing more wolves willing to venture to this side of the Lore and stay, wolves were becoming few and far between on the Eastern side and he attributed it to the mountain range that enclosed them, separating them from harm and keeping them safe from larger predators. When she mentioned healing he felt his weak leg jerk, it was most likely from the excitement of knowing whether she could supply him with medicine that could both speed up the process and help with pain; he was in dire need of both. "it's especially good to have someone with knowledge of plants, I'm sure our pack and surrounding territories will supply you with mostly everything you would desire." he wasn't sure exactly what Eek was knowledgeable of but assumed that her job entitled her to know about everything that grew in the surrounding land, therefore he trusted her judgment, to a degree. "How long have you been versed in plants?" it was an important question after all.

Koda will most likely always be accompanied by Chiron unless otherwise stated, or requested.

Inactive No Rank
Eek

Pack mates or not, his move to sit was either a bold one, or a telling one - but no criticism would show in those child-like eyes of hers, no quirk in her smile nor lessening of the movement of her swaying hips and excitedly tip-toeing feet. If he had a limp, he hid it well, although he might think his wince was missed by her darting eyes. One moment looking to the treetops, the next somewhere over his shoulder. She would always see more than she let on. Was it simply age that caused his leg to stick out so? Or a deeper underlying injury? If he wasn't going to tell, she wasn't going to ask - doctor patient confidentiality could be bought easily enough from one such as herself. She certainly wasn't the sort to go bandying about her weaknesses to wolves she just met, regardless of their proclaimed proficiency. Words could mean everything. More often though, words could mean nothing.

Her head happily bobbed along as he spoke her name, "Yes, short for Equinox - but nobody calls me that anymore." Truth be told she'd much rather keep it that way. "I've been around these parts before, @Eirian found me up at Magnolia Glen... there was a pack there until..." A little of the light slipped from her eyes, her paws ceased beating the ground and the wave of her hips was replaced with a well practiced woe. "Well I'm not really sure. The leader was injured, and I crossed the mountain to gather more herbs for her but a snow storm rolled in and... Well I got separated. I tried and I tried to get back but by the time I managed it they were gone. Oh I still stay up at night worrying about the poor girl. I ran into her mate afterwards, all he said was that she was gone..." Her anguish over the next didn't need to be practiced at all. She had been so. Fucking. Close. "Two small children motherless..." Her breathing was laboured as she tried to regain control, teeth clamping on the inside of her cheek until she could taste the blood, ears straining to catch his next question.

Hardly a welcome distraction but one she would seize on non the less. With a final frantic inhale she apologised, forcing a small sad grin back onto her face although this time it didn't quite reach her eyes. "Sorry for losing it a little there... the boy... He, he was missing a leg. Such a sweet child, without a mother? It's enough to pull anyone's heart-strings, no?" Even strings as black as hers. "Oh listen to me prattle on. Plants? I've always had an affinity for it I suppose. They didn't think much of me back home, small as I am. Had to make myself useful somehow!" Yet not useful enough to prevent her father taking her tail in a standard tantrum for being forced to look upon such a disappointment. Her stump twitched just thinking about home... Oh and how glad she was to be free of it, and all who dwelled there.

Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
 Silence allowed him to observe his company, and he studied her physique closely. Her cold eyes, a mixture of black and white swirled an angry gray and were a strange contrast against the dark backdrop of her black fur. The longer he looked, the easier it was for him to spot her imperfections--the white hairs jutting every so often from her face and the odd way her coat clumped and jutted from her sides. It was apparent that this wolf cared very little of her appearance, he was only thankful that she did not smell as bad as she looked--one would think her to have been a loner all her life. She mentioned having known Eirian and he rolled his eyes ever so slightly, a light click of his teeth echoed in the air when his assumption had been confirmed. He had a feeling that her acceptance had been from the younger male, but he was appreciative for her skills in healing and wondered if he had known of this fact to determine her worth for Broken Timber Pines, she would be the first healer they had ever housed. "I'm sorry to hear about your previous pack, it sounds like you've been through a lot. " his words were sincere, winter had been hard for everyone, he was surprised that so many packs were able to pull through, even his own. On mention of her separation he felt his gaze soften and his ears lowered to his skull--he knew how the separation felt all too well."I am happy that you made it back alive then Eek."

He was unsure of what to say next, knowing that another apology would not soften the realization that two pups were without their mother, and were probably worried sick of her whereabouts, even further the pack that had once been her home had lost a valuable member. Winter had always been a cruel season for the wolf, but it reared its ugly head when it separated families, killed valuable members, and disbanded normally healthy packs--it was a season that no one could properly prepare themselves for. "maybe she'll return by summer. It's not uncommon..." he made mention of the mother who had so quickly disappeared before they returned to a topic he felt more comfortable discussing, "how familiar are you of plants that relieve pain, and perhaps speed up healing?" it was a question he no doubt expected a query about but given her expertise, he was more than willing to comply with her questions. She was after all, well versed in plants.

Inactive No Rank
Eek

Her words had been chosen with the utmost care. The easiest way to avoid being caught out in a lie was to tell the truth wherever possible. Didn't seem like the pack had a healer... Plants? I've always had an affinity for it I suppose." Not once did she claim to be any more than she was. If he chose to assume otherwise, she wasn't about to pull him up on it. Besides, it was exactly what she wanted him to think. She had also omitted a timeline on her last pack on purpose. His optimism was laughable, given the events happened over two winters past, what had she been doing in the mean time? Well now that would be telling...

Speed up healing? Her smile was bright and innocent - speed up just how fast? She had the perfect cure for pain... "Well that would depend on the ailment. The treatment for a bruise is different to that for a broken tooth. For ageing aches, scrub pine resin could be enough to take the edge off, perhaps some white fir, but that wouldn't be sufficient for something more severe..." there was no slight intended in her tone, reinforced by the steady wave of her hips. If he chose to divulge more it might present her with an opportunity but right now? Well as far as she was concerned this was all still just a hypothetical.

Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
@Eek!

It was apparent that the fallen king of Broken Timber Pines was desperate. He barely knew anything about Eek, and further more the fact that she reeked of Eirian made him weary, and yet the tawny males desire to be whole was getting the best of him--he wanted to be himself once more. He studied her reaction to his inquiry, waiting for the faintest hint of discomfort but nothing ever came, for the dark woman was a few steps ahead of him and was making sure that his confidence in her swelled.

As time went on, deep thoughts of what plants she could apply to heal him excited him and he was sold on the idea of her being his medic--the pack having lacked one for months, he could only imagine how tied her paws would be once word was officially out. "My friend...erm, I'm sorry." he trailed off, knowing that lying to a wolf who was to be his caregiver was the worst place to start,  "I have an injury that simply refuses to heal correctly." and he paused, eyebrow raised in wait of her response.

It wasn't typical for the agouti male to seek help but he had never once questioned the ability of a healer in making a sick wolf whole once more. The medics he'd met along the way were nothing short of amazing, and their dedication to keeping their patient happy was what kept them in great favor to the bulky male, but he was not sure of how this woman worked. He supposed, the first step was her acknowledgement and acceptance of him as a patient.
(This post was last modified: Jun 08, 2016, 04:29 AM by Koda.)

Inactive No Rank
Eek
@Koda man she's such a turd XD I'm loving this thread.

Hypothetical seemingly staying, she made herself comfortable. My friend... Friends were easier to deal with than actual patients. No questions when it all went to shit, but it would seem he had a change of heart. Silver eyes darted past his shoulder, perhaps looking for this non-friend, eyes snapping back to the silvery wolf and head tilting to the right as he apologised. A gentle caring smile placed so delicately on her lips before the confession finally came.

Surprise was easy enough to feign, her head righting itself, already wide eyes widening just a little more. "You carry yourself very well, if you hadn't said so I wouldn't have guessed..." Not immediately, not until he had shown his hand and chosen to sit. "What is it that ails you? What happened?" Her voice was soft and full of concern, far from the sweet scattered chirping it had been just moments before - smoother, reassuring. She was just a subordinate doing her job, her loyalty was to the pack. Not wanting to make any assumptions that might give her away she would wait for his tale before recommending the best course of action. Once she knew what she was dealing with she could better formulate a plan (if it was in her best interests to do so - truth be told she had little care for the male ranks at all unless there was something in it for her). Who would better serve her needs?

Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier
This should make for an interesting relationship. :D

He searched her face, waiting for an indication that this woman could not be trusted with his health in her hands, and yet she remained the same--calm, concerned, and inquisitive. He allowed his guard to fall, for a moment, to his hind leg which had suddenly become the choice of topics, and for the first time in weeks he was no longer ashamed of the damaged appendage. He assumed that what he spoke to with Eek would not make way through the pack, and in return he would attend to what she desired, within reason of course, as their relationship grew and spawned with time. He supposed that this journey would last a few months at best. Perhaps longer if her intentions to help him spanned beyond repairing his broken leg. "A young cougar attacked me. It was painfully swollen before, probably infected. The pain is still pretty bad." he held it in fairly well, but he had always been fairly good at holding back his emotions.

She wondered what ailed him and the most he could concentrate on, at this moment, was relieving the pain. Pain was what caused his limp, pain was also why he was seeking help. Once the pain was no longer he could concentrate on mending what was broken, strengthening his leg and assume the role of the fit and healthy leader, until then he was practically at her mercy. "Pain, I want the pain gone. It affects me almost daily." he confessed, pale eyes bore deep into her own equally dull colored eyes. He was serious, but he needed her to be sure of one thing, "Can I trust you Eek, to help me?" and he was quiet in wait of her solid, and hopefully confident, response.

(This post was last modified: Jul 11, 2016, 05:46 AM by Koda.)