457 Users Online
Bing, Google

Never wanted, never needed. — Windsong Fjord 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Maeby who has 63 posts.
Inactive V. Yearling
Rose Hervok
@Kjors hope the locations okay?

With everything going on back within the boarders of Secret Woodlands, it was easy for Rose to start feeling out of place. She and her father haven't had a full conversation with each other in months, Korrin had seemingly decided her too annoying to waste time on, heaven knows where her mother had ran off to, and to top it all off, word of Nineva's safe return had been delivered. Now of course the child was excited for her eldest kin's safe journey home, however the Hervok couldn't have came back at a worse time. The youngest of three siblings needed to feel important again, and with her in the picture once more.. Well, chances of that were looking quite grim. "I deserve to be needed too.."

In hopes to avoid further mental stress, Rose decided it was time for an adventure. That some much needed soul-searching was in order, and perhaps just this once, she deserved to do something for herself. She'd traveled a couple days east before finally deciding upon a good enough location. Cliffs that were almost as beautiful as they were tall surrounding water bluer than her own two eyes, air fresher than any she could have gotten back at the woodlands, and to top it all off, the sound that the surrounding atmosphere produced. It was almost as if mother nature were singing her a song, and to be frank it was absolutely stunning. "I could get used to this." the Hervok smirked, resting herself in a spot she deemed had the best view of the sea. "I mean, I should get used to this..." she sighed. "Honestly, why bother ever going back?"

Tell me what to do to make it all feel better.

Rose Hervok

(This post was last modified: Mar 31, 2016, 07:33 AM by Rose.)
[Image: 5FXgyaa.gif]
Played by Ace who has 347 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Kjors Sørenson

Kjors moved through the fog with urgency, driving only by the itch at the pads of his paws.  Ever since his recent visit to Dragonfold Veil, the wolf had found himself unbearably restless.  The relative silence of Hearthwood River was threatening suffocation.  He found himself terribly bored with the proceedings – or perhaps the lack there of.  It seemed Kisla and Maksim would not be expecting another litter this year – what that meant for the pack, he was not sure.  It was small, and quiet, and despite their efforts, it seemed the wolves would come out of the winter wanting. 

Spring would be the time to rebuild numbers, through puppies, or yearlings kicked from their birth packs.  And yet he found himself uninterested in recruiting for a fallen king.  Karina’s vision for the future sat at the forefront of his mind – a pack of their own, hidden in the keep among the sturdy mountain.  It was a tempting thought, if nothing else.

He might have continued to trundle along, had he not been distracted by a fair voice.  The swarthy male lifted his head as he drew to a halt.  Ears flipped forward.  Realizing it was not Karina but a strange child he’d encountered, he chuffed softly, announcing his presence as he drew forward slowly.  “‘lo,” he greeted the troubled youth. “Where y’ not wanting t’ go?”

to have someone kiss the skin that crawls from you
KJORS SØRENSON
to feel your weight in arms I'd never use
[Image: honeybadgerace.png]
Inactive V. Yearling
Rose Hervok

Rose was quite startled when a strangers voice suddenly made way to her vicinity, interrupting the perfect atmosphere she had just created for her 'meditation'. The former princess had thought she'd traveled far enough a ways from any known packs to avoid such a scenario, however she supposed if the odds had been in her favor as of late she wouldn't have been here in the first place. "Wha?" The auburn fae swiftly turned around to confront her new company, wasting no time in observing any visible body language so she could quickly determine if the situation could be deemed safe or not. 'Well, He doesn't seem aggressive... And I suppose it would be refreshing to talk to someone new for once..'

"Uhmm, Well.." The child thought for a moment. Was it really okay to be sharing such personal information with a complete stranger? Well, it certainly couldn't hurt as long as she remained somewhat vague, but the story wasn't all that interesting. She just hoped the man knew what he was getting himself into. "Home.." she stated, hoping to leave room for the conversation to grow. "My stay there hasn't been very enjoyable as of late.." frowning, Rose waited to see if she'd grabbed the mans attention enough for him to stay, or if he'd go about whatever business he had in the first place.

Rose Hervok

(This post was last modified: Apr 06, 2016, 07:59 AM by Rose.)
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
Shallow water has trapped several fish in a small pond. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive Deceased
Kjors Sørenson

Kjors’ tail continued its lazy wag, having no interest in scaring the youth – even if she meant him ill, the wolf was certain in his abilities to handle a youngling on his own.  One ear flicked forward as she debated her answer, and there he stood.  There was no hurry here, and perhaps if he listened, she’d be willing to exchange information in return for a bit of sympathy.  

“Huh,” the swarthy male rumbled, inclining his head.  He took a closer look at the redheaded child – probably close to a yearling, now.  Perhaps itching to see the world outside her birth pack?  “Naw, huh?  Things change when yer grown, git ideas a’ yer own.  Stop agreeing wi’ e’rythin’ yer parents or yer alphas say.” He offered a shrug, sympathetic to the youth’s plight.  Idly he wondered if the same thing had happened to his gem.  Had she just finally grown tired of adults?  Wouldn’t she have said something to him if that were the case?

The wolf shook his head – he’d worry about @Karina a bit later.  “Y’can call me Crow, by th’ by,” he hummed, resorting back to the moniker he’d used ages ago.  A youth she was, but that didn’t make her dumb, or incapable.  He knew not where she came from, and who she answered.  “An’ y’are?”

KJORS SØRENSON
Inactive V. Yearling
Rose Hervok

the titian fae attempted to relax her posture, mimicking the man placed in front of her as if to say she was actually comfortable with the company. "Crow, you say?" she smiled now, seeing no resemblance between him and the feathered beast, he appeared more of a raven to her. "Then.. I'll be Starling." Sure, it wasn't her real name, though she'd already decided on being vague with her words for the time being. Plus, using a bird as an alias sounded rather neat! She'd just have to pray the man didn't decide she was mocking him.

"I suppose you might be right, Crow.." Rose let out a long, exasperated sigh. "Though the thing is, I don't know what it is I want." To run away? Not necessarily, at least not currently. When it came down to it she hadn't the slightest idea how to survive on her own. Nevertheless the idea was tempting, perhaps one day it'd be plausible. "I guess.. I just want to feel important again, like I matter you know?" But Secret Woodlands throne did not belong to her, and she'd likely never persuade her family into understanding how she felt now that her kin had returned. "It's... Confusing, to say the least."

Rose Hervok

Inactive Deceased
Kjors Sørenson

He could not help his small chuckle when the young girl decided to play his game – a clever one, clearly.  Whomever was taking her for granted from whence she came was making a terrible mistake indeed.  The wolf hummed softly – if he could, he’d stroke the beard he didn’t have, considering the yearling’s plight.  Self-importance (or lack thereof) had never been Kjors’ particular flaw, but it was not completely foreign to him.

“Eh, yer young.  S’okay t’ naw know what you want.  How could y’, when y’haven’t seen much of the world?” He arched the brow over his empty socket, wondering if she’d considered such a possibility.  If anyone ever suggested she travel, or learn a new skill.  Some parents were so protective.  Kjors exhaled noisily, shedding his own thoughts as he regarded Starling with another soft hum.

Didn’t she know?  “‘course yer important.  Jes’ ‘cos they don’t tell y’so doesn’t make it any less true.  See, most of ‘em are weird – ‘less y’stroke their ego, they don’t tell ya.  Like it costs ‘em, ‘er somethin’.”  Kjors rolled his eyes.  He did not consider himself a particularly emotional wolf, but he at least understood the effect his words had on others.  “All th’ wolves are important t’ the All-Mother.  She created wolves.  Her first children.  So even when yer pack’s ignorin’ ya, y’ain’t really alone.  An’ y’ain’t any less important than any of ‘em, y’know?”

KJORS SØRENSON
Inactive V. Yearling
Rose Hervok

Rose had never quite contemplated traveling before, having always been taught that family was absolutely everything. And especially after taking into consideration the way everyone reacted when Nineva had first vanished, well, it'd just always seemed like a huge no-no to her. However here she was now, quite far from home, occupied with a stranger telling her that exploration was ay-okay. How very confusing. The scarlet fae added a hum in return, amusing herself with the idea of actually taking off. "I'd never make it though, as a lone wolf. Not much of a hunter." she grumbled, not like anyone had ever taken the time to teach her or anything.

Everything Crow said had made sense to the child, especially the bit about stroking ego's. She hadn't realized it before, but didn't her brother and father just seem like the type? "The All-Mother.." Rose repeated back to her chocolate friend. She was unfamiliar with whom he'd mentioned, though that only caused her curiosity to pique higher. Especially if the woman thought she was important. "Is that like.. A deity of yours?" Religion had never been big in the youngest Hervok's book. Not due to personal preference however, more so being from the way she was raised. "..Could you tell me about her?" It was never too late to learn, and Gods knew she needed something to get her through this mess.

Rose Hervok

Inactive Deceased
Kjors Sørenson

“Eh,” he rumbled again, as though it were his favorite word.  “Huntin’ ain’t everythin’.  Y’can fish – kinna like hunting, but more waitin’.  Less runnin’.”  Truthfully, probably a better use of time for a lone wolf.  Less energy expended, less chance of injury.  The food was fresh, that was nice.  “Scavenging too.  Less reliable, though.”  Kjors rolled a shoulder as he rattled off the ideas and suggestions, knowing well his new acquaintance was as likely to ignore them as she was to take them.

He might have left it there, had the little redhead not pushed for more information about the All-Mother.  The corner of his mouth twitched, reminded of a time that felt like ages ago, when Karina had asked him something similar.  She was better at explaining, he thought, but he was the one here, and the one-eyed dragon would have to do his best.

“Well,” he sighed, mouth twisting as he thought.  “She’s THE All-Mother.  Th’ only one.  Th’ creator.  Th’ beginnin’ an’ th’ end.  And tha’s why She’s th’ Mother, yeah?  All living things born a’ her.  So y’live as y’were born.  A wolf is a wolf.  A duck is a duck.  A wolf tha’ tries t’ be a duck spits in Her face.”  He paused again, trying to ascertain whether Starling was following him.  “An’ see, we’re all Her children, bu’ th’ wolf is meant t’ eat th’ deer.  So we do.  But we ain’t meant t’ just kill th’ deer and let it rot, right?  Tha’s wasteful.  Jes’ as ignorin’ a packmate is wasteful.  Y’get me?”

KJORS SØRENSON