461 Users Online
Bing, Adelard, Oleander, Google

I will be saved for one whole day. — Oak Tree Bend 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Maeby who has 207 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Darrah Tainn
All welcome, though special shout out to @Reiko and @Treyah
I'd imagine that Pinn and I might get a couple rounds in tonight alone, but anyone's still free to join!

With what beautiful weather the Bend had been experiencing as of late, it'd be a real shame if Darrah didn't take the pups out to play. Or so that's what he told himself, and quite often. Honestly, the raven had been peeking in on his newest siblings at minimum once per day since he'd first heard of their birth, however they were far too young for him to do anything other than just that. Though as of today, they were officially deemed old enough (by none other than himself, naturally) to romp around outside with their eldest brother for a while, and he'd definitely take advantage of the opportunity.

"Lil' cubs!" Darrah chirped, creeping up to the small den that housed Reiko and Treyah. "Look, I brought something cool for you guys!" he grinned, admiring the small pile of worn chewing sticks and funny animal bones he'd formed just outside throughout the day. Perhaps he wasn't the best at gift giving, though maybe they were young enough to let it slide. "Reiko, Treyah!" He sang for them once more, wishing that their stumpy little limbs could move a bit faster. "Better hurry before I change my mind! This stuff's really great, after all!"

Celebrate the way the night hides scars.

Darrah Tainn

Played by Nova who has 108 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Reiko Tainn

Reiko took his naps very seriously, making it an almost dutiful task by curling up next to his litter-mate and basking in all that was blissful rest whenever his lids felt heavy. Thus, when a series of noises penetrated the sanctity of the den, his eyes shot open. Who dared disturb his slumber? Grumbling his discomfort, the boy lifted himself up. The voice that called out to him wasn't his mother's or the other one.. the one who came to see them but had no food to give. Peering out through the sunlit entrance, the boy locked in on well.. he wasn't entirely sure who. The big ones all looked the same to him.

The words Darrah laid out before him held no meaning yet, but still Reiko was excited to try them on his tongue. "Sumin'!" In truth, it was a long shot from 'something', but the little Tainn was proud of himself anyway. He made it a point to taste the words a few more times for good measure. "Sumin', Su-uhmin', Sumin' The horror at being woken up was all but gone now, as he pulled himself further from the den.

Completely ignoring the pile his half-brother had collected, Reiko looked to Darrah. "S'uff!" Puppy-blue eyes looked to the man, awaiting approval on the /new word he'd learned to mimick.

(This post was last modified: Jun 17, 2016, 11:30 AM by Reiko.)
Darrah Tainn

Darrah couldn't help but chuckle as he heard the muffled attempts of speech that boiled about in their little den. "Not half bad!" He mused, eagerly awaiting to catch a glimpse of the culprit. It was then that his youngest brother peeked out from the den, spouting off another attempt at a word he'd previously said, and again doing better than the Tainn would have expected for a pup that age. "Yeah, Stuff!" He nodded, giving the small boy an affectionate cheek lick. "Why don't we have a look?"

Darrah turned to once more view his small pile of treasures, thoughtfully picking out the best bone to hand off to his newest kin. "Here, this one's pretty neat!" He encouraged, picking up the obscurity and laying it before the child. "I think it's from.. Hmm, maybe a beaver, or a rabbit!" Truth be told the prince knew nothing when it came to this specific subject, though that definitely wouldn't hinder him from trying. After all, the pup wouldn't know what he was saying regardless of whether or not his statements were correct, no harm done. "You can keep it! This stuff's all for you! A-and your sister, of course." As it should be, the pups would need plenty of things to gnaw on once their adult teeth decided to pop in, Triell's wench could thank him later.

Darrah Tainn

(This post was last modified: Jun 17, 2016, 12:52 PM by Darrah.)
At some point,

I started looking at the ground more than the sky

It’s hard even to breathe.
Inactive No Rank
Reiko Tainn

Still unable to understand the meaning of Darrah's words, Reiko relied solely on the upwards tone of his brother's voice. Smiling, and confident he had done something worth the appreciation he added one last "S'uh-uhff" before the big one drew his attention away. The cub's eyes were instinctively pulled towards the pile, and all of it's exciting glory. Things, and stuff, and wondrous whatever-they-were's! Tail swinging back and fourth, the boy scanned the treasures, locking in on the particular bone his brother had showed him.

Darrah's words were lost as he rushed toward the pearly-white object, grasping it between his jowls, and biting down. With great displeasure the boy found that it was hard. /Too hard. Spitting the monstrosity out immediately, Reiko looked to the dark man aghast, before realizing something extraordinary. It felt good on his teeth!

Plopping down on his rounded-tummy, and grabbing the bone once more, Reiko set to work gnawing at the ends. However, each bite he attempted scooted the chew toy farther from his grasp. Unaware that his dewclaws could be used to hold it in place, the boy looked to his brother. How dare he bring something so sneaky into their midst! The tiniest growl elicited from his throat at the inconvenience.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A lynx has left behind the remains of a deer. +5 Health
Darrah Tainn

Reiko's uncertainty with the object again earned a hearty laugh from the heir. "Hey hah, enough of that." He smiled as the small tuft of fur outwardly made his frustrations clear. "Here, uhm.. Why don't you watch me do it?" the Tainn offered, reaching for a bone of his own from the great pile. "You just kinda gotta..." Clutching on to the object with his two front paws, the older brother attempted a slow and clear demonstration as to how the chewing should be accomplished.

"Y' see what I'm doin' here Reiko? Ya' gotta hold it like this!" Probably not the best at gifts, might not even be a good teacher, but damn was he trying. Darrah couldn't help but feel like he missed out on all of Sahalie and Drift's childhood, something he felt sincerely awful about. In fact, he felt so horrible for it that he'd made a promise to himself that it wouldn't happen again. Especially if it could be helped this time. After all, things were seemingly quiet now in the Bend, and no problems meant no excuses. "Why don't you try now? Maybe next time I'll just bring you some meat.. Wait.. Can you even eat meat?"

Darrah Tainn

At some point,

Inactive No Rank
Reiko Tainn

Reiko's attention moved from the impossible feat of chewing the bone before him, to the voice. Still-blue eyes caught on to the thing that his brother had taken from the pile. Jealousy bristled through his mousy fur, though he could do nothing more than watch in horror as someone else enjoyed something that was completely and utterly his. At that point, his only solace was that man would find the same dissatisfaction that Reiko himself had found when the bone moved away with each bite. But alas, Darrah held the object between his thick paws, and succeeded in stabilizing the chew toy. That was a game changer, for sure.

With his newfound knowledge, Reiko could have set to work on chewing the piece that he already had, but that would never do. Still enraged that something of his had been taken, the chubby boy marched himself right over to stand before the man. Glaring up at the large black fluff, whose head was bigger than the cub's entire body, the cub squeaked his indignation, before ripping the bone straight from Darrah's paws. That would show him!

Turning his back on the man, and stepping a few paces away, Reiko plopped down to enjoy the treasure he's just stolen back.

Darrah Tainn

Darrah's eyes widened as his kin ripped the bone straight from his ravened paws, though it surely didn't take long for the shock to turn into humor. Letting out yet another hearty chuckle, the Tainn stood to accompany Reiko's side. He hadn't had this much fun in a long time! "You sure are bold, yeah?" the male smiled, nudging his little brother affectionately. "But I wonder.. Is your sister the same?" Likely not, for looking back on how he and Zera were, it was obvious that they were polar opposites of each other. However it'd definitely be delightful to watch Naira struggle with two overwhelming puppies. "Where is she, anyway? Treyah?" peering into the den ever so slightly, it was hard to make out if anyone was actually inside. Perhaps she accompanied her mother somewhere. Shame.

"At least my lesson paid off.." The raven murmured, returning back to the previous subject at hand. "Definitely bold, but also a quick learner! You might make a good scout one day, or maybe even a medic!" Though there was still plenty of time for the cub to decide. Too soon to say he wouldn't even grow out of these traits. After all, Darrah was nothing like his former puppy self, though  wasn't that more circumstantial?  

Darrah Tainn

At some point,