(See All?) Announcements
596 Users Online
Kashikoi, Viorel, Google, Bing

The Games You'd Play — Spectral Woods 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by PuppyThief who has 181 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Nalda
@Sahalie's turn - sorry for the wait guys.

Nalda Zamora

The two girls seemed very chummy, touching and smiling, only adding to Nalda's discomfort. If there was one thing she knew she did not want, it was to be the third wheel. Perhaps, since Sahalie was now here, and it had been here Kyna had gone looking for in the first place, it would be better for the young Zamora to be on her way? Wander back home where, at least, no one would be disappointed that she wasn't interested in playing games. But before she had time to slink off, the dark girl's attention was back on her, a broad smile lighting up her face. Nalda blinked, in no way sure how to respond to this extreme friendliness, but she attempted to smile back, a much more reserved gesture than Sahalie's, but a smile none the less.

Then the attention was back on Kyna, the Pine's pup following along, turning her eyes to the third girl. She seemed to squirm a little under Sahalie's excited questioning, and for the first time, Nalda felt she could truly identify with this other pup. Had she been in Kyna's paws, she would have recoiled at the thought of demonstrating anything in front of others, even if one of them was her friend; What friends? But a look of determination suddenly bloomed on the fiery face, a last excuse uttered before the largest of the three pups was suddenly away, flying across the snow. She picked up speed until she was sprinting like a deer, racing for the protection of the forest, then suddenly dug her paws into the snow, sliding through it with surprising grace. Nalda stared, mouth slightly open; How did she EVER come up with that?! She wondered, tilting her head as she looked at Kyna, smiling widely, obviously pleased with her performance.

The slate and russet pup remained still, watching for a time as nothing more seemed to happen. She looked to Sahalie, then back at Kyna, then finally realized that now it was her turn. Oversized ears flattened back once more, eyes widening, did they expect her to do the same? She felt sure she would fall over and embarrass herself hopelessly, or somehow succeed in hitting Kyna and hurting her. But there was little way around it, apart from turning tail and leaving right on the spot. She swallowed. Kyna had done it, she'd gone first, presumably on the assumption that the others would follow; Alright! Nalda straightened her shoulders; "Oh-kay, I'll try." She piped, then slowly walked forwards a few steps, looking at the tracks the other girl had left behind in the snow. She took a deep breath, lifted her head to look out at Kyna, and then started running as best she could. She was no slow runner either, when she really wanted to, the issue came when having to stop. She tried to copy Kyna, slamming her paws and spreading her legs. But they were too stiff, not stretching very far from her barrel chest, and she only managed to slide a few lengths before losing her balance and tumbling over in the snow.

It provided a nice cushion for the fall, catching her in a swirl of soft powder, and it worked nicely to hide her shame; I knew it..!

Word count: 548

”Speech” Thoughts
Because of work, my activity will fluctuate every other week. For more information and OOC preferrences check out my profile
Played by Sarah who has 612 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sahalie Leigh
@Kyna

Immediately Sahalie regretted asking Kyna for a demonstration, since apparently this was quite a lot of pressure for the girl, and her high frequencies made Sahalie shuffle uncomfortably. Something from the way Nalda had smiled back at her, so shyly, along with Kyna's own brand of nerves, left Sahalie with the impression that this gathering was as fragile as a cobweb. If Sahalie was to be the spider to weave it all back together she ought to have known these things, known how to do a better job. But instead she was messing it all up.

But she did not give Kyna enough credit: certainly the girl was withdrawn and unsure, but she was also strong when she remembered where to look inside herself. A smile spread over Sahalie's dark features once more as Kyna dug down, took a breath, and began to collect herself. Sure, it was a simple process, but it was a wonder to a girl that had never had performance anxiety in her life. Eyes widened as the sunset girl took off, gaining speed quickly as she stretched out to her full wingspan —which was truly formidable. Just as the girl began to reach her top speed, though, her legs straightened and locked underneath her in an instant. Her weight shifted back, balancing her out against the forward momentum. She slid awfully far. Sahalie's mouth hung open, and her head whipped towards Nalda for confirmation of his amazing feat. The paler, greyer girl seemed equally pleased by the show.

Zoned out in her own astonishment, Sahalie hardly even thought to go next or even make a suggestion about the order. But Nalda had a head on her shoulders and, though reluctantly, annouced she would go next. The dark otter's head bobbed with enthusiasm, hoping to instill some courage and a sense of fun in the girl —because why else were they here? Nalda did her best to replicate Kyna's calming breath and take off, and for several moments as she pushed faster and faster it looked as though she had gotten it on her first try. But, as if some tire had blown out underneath her, there was no weight in her rump, and the grey girl's butt when straight over her head. 

"Nalda!" Sahalie rushed towards the girl, even though she barely knew her, "Are you okay!" It was hard for her to gauge how bad the fall had been: she had been going pretty fast, but then again the snow was quite cushiony. "You looked really good out there!" This wasn't so much a lie, as most of her form had been quite good. Sahalie hoped it would make up for any embarrassment she felt.

[Image: sahalie_by_loccian_love-dc6mt9c.png]
[Image: sahalie-greypixel01.gif]
Played by Ace who has 377 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kyna Argyris Archer
@Nalda - wow I am butts.  x __ x  Sorry for the slow.

The truth was a little less glamorous than her friends might have suspected – Kyna had invented this game entirely on accident in excitement the first time she’d witnessed snow.  She had wanted to share it with Wren, but never had the chance.  Things had started getting strange, and then her friend went missing, and then—

The girl shook her head, forcing Silent Moon Plateau from her mind before Phineas’ horrific death could flash across her mind’s eye in slow motion.  As she glanced up, she realized Nalda was about to take her turn.  Ears perked up and she woofed softly in encouragement, tail wagging behind as she watched the other youth pick up speed.  It seemed like it all started very well – and out of no where, the other girl went heels over head and thumped somewhere into the snow.  For a moment, she could only stare in shock, not entirely certain what happened.

Sahalie’s own call sprung her into motion, and the golden girl loped towards the other pair.  She crooned softly as she leaned in to touch Nalda’s side – she couldn’t smell any blood?  Hopefully she was alright.  Imagine if her game had injured someone!  Swallowing hard, she took a step back to give the other some space.  “Sorry,” she whispered softly, ears flattened against her head. “I, um--  Maybe there was a rock under the snow.  Are you okay?  This wasn’t supposed to hurt someone…”

She had only wanted to make a friend…

Played by PuppyThief who has 181 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Nalda
Anybody feel free to fade out if it fits - maybe have them "play all day" or whatever, I'm cool. I feel like this has dragged on for long enough.

Nalda Zamora

Humiliation! So strong it was almost tangible, making her cheeks burn red-hot. The wound to her pride was much worse than any smaller bumps she might have sustained in her tumble, and the emotional pain certainly outweighed the physical. All she wanted to do was bury herself in the snow and hide forever. But she would have no such luck it seemed, already her ears were ringing with their shouts, the thud of their running paws resonating through her skull, pressed against the ground. She would have to face them.

So she groaned lowly, forcing her eyes open as she attempted to regain some semblance of dignity before the Samaritans arrived. Sahalie came first, her seemingly genuine concern helping a little with the embarrassment. Her last comment even made Nalda look up from her paws, golden eyes wide; "Yeah I, uh… thanks." If it had come from anyone else, she might have thought they were mocking her, but the dark pup appeared so honest and kind of nature, she really looked to mean it. Kyna wasn't far behind her smaller friend, touching her nose softly to a slate flank. Nalda stiffened a little at the unexpected contact, turning her head to look down at the golden-red girl. The defeated sound of her voice and remorseful expression made Nalda relax though, her own ears tipping forwards in an attempt at reassurance. "No-no, I uhm… I'm fine, really. Just tripped, it wa'n't your fault!" Her voice was low and rushed, but she nodded her head repeatedly to try and underline her statement; "I di'n't mean t' ruin th'game, or scare you like that or an'thing. Sorry." Her eyes turned back down, one paw rubbing against the other awkwardly. Then she mumbled: "Bu' maybe I should jus'watch, I'm not really good at this." The comment was followed with a shrug, gaze briefly flicking back up between the two others. She really would prefer to observe, it felt much more familiar; Maybe I could judge or something…

Word count: 333

”Speech” Thoughts
Because of work, my activity will fluctuate every other week. For more information and OOC preferrences check out my profile
Played by Sarah who has 612 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sahalie Leigh
@Kyna hoping I'm giving you enough where you can cap it off with a fade

Her sunset friend seemed quite upset at the idea that her game had hurt someone. Sahalie reached over to bump her nose against Kyna's elbow reassuringly as Nalda said more or less the same thing, echoing the self-deprecating tone and words of Kyna with such a strength that it made Sahalie's own ears twists. "Hey come on you guys, don't be like that," her voice whining a little as she appealed to her friends new and old, "Everything's fine we can still have a ton of fun. We can just play something else!

Just...what else was there to play?

"Well the snow is starting to get kinda wet..." She demonstrated by stamping her foot down, leaving only packed snow. "What if we try to like... build something? Like a tree? We could pile it up and see how high it gets or something." Mouth open, still smiling, she turned from one girl to the other wondering what they would think of her idea. It was something less competitive and athletic, which she think that would be good to Nalda. But it would still be challenging enough for all three of them. And they could do it as a team, which is what Sahalie liked best.
[Image: sahalie_by_loccian_love-dc6mt9c.png]
[Image: sahalie-greypixel01.gif]
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A lynx has left behind the remains of a deer. +5 Health
Played by Ace who has 377 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kyna Argyris Archer

Thankfully for the two sorry saps, they still had @Sahalie to keep the day afloat.  The young female glanced over at the swarthy youth, ears swiveling as she continued consider the idea suggested.  The sticky snow probably wasn’t very good to continue the sliding game – perhaps more importantly, she didn’t want to drive @Nalda off when the other had agreed to play in the first place. 

Glancing from one to the other, the blond cleared her throat and gave a nod, signaling her willingness to try something else.  The snow was a good toy, regardless of how they used it, and perhaps if they all worked on building something together, they’d meet much more success than her silly game had.  Any regret, any thought of Wren, was pushed from mind as she made a low noise, checking over Nalda just in case.  When it seemed she was interested in the idea as well, the girl gathered herself, and got to work.  If they were going to build, they’d need more snow.

The adventure went on like this – and surprisingly (or perhaps not, given the general magic that was Sahalie’s personal charm) this game went over much better.  They even had success in their structure before the trio had to split ways, and find their way home through the snow.

Fade.

Tagging you two so you can gather your points!  <333
(This post was last modified: Jun 14, 2016, 01:42 AM by Kyna.)