Google, Adelard, Bing, Apollo, Baidu

Don't Count Your Chickens — Lost Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis
@Lightning

Afternoon, cloudy 63 degrees

After spending his morning hunting just inside the borders Kajika was ready for a long drink and a rest. He'd had some luck catching a rabbit and a couple of birds for the cache. This he though was a good days work which was why he planned to spend the afternoon by the lake. It had been a long time since he'd been able to spend some time on the Sandy shores like he used to. Rest was something he wasn't sure he'd be getting for some time. With new pups he would have some students. Now that he'd made it official with Namid and Vespertio he wanted to work hard to help the newest additions to gain the skills they would need.

The dark male remembered when the first pups had arrived and unsure of them he was. This time though he thought he was ready to take on the task of teaching them.

When he reached the lake however there seemed to be something different there, a new scent. With the new pups having arrived he'd been much more alert when it came to anything out of the ordinary. It was part of his job as a pack member and teacher to protect the pups. So with ears perked he scented the air for the direction the scent of the other wolf. Kajika moved in the direction the scent became stronger in. Finally he stopped standing at his full height, "Who's there?" He called. Though this was not his packs land it was still a little too close for comfort with the little ones back home.

(This post was last modified: Jun 05, 2016, 04:25 AM by Kajika.)
[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Played by Storm who has 2 posts.
Inactive
Lightning Storm
---Lightning laid by the lake, her paws inches from the water. The bush she laid under shielded her from view. With her eyes closed, Lightning was thinking about when she was a pup. She remembered the harsh times, when her mother did everything she could to keep the litter alive. They were always hungry and weakened. Because of this, Lightning did not grow much, and was very small in size. However, after she had left her mother, she did slightly better with only her one mouth to feed. Lightning still looked terrible. Her fur was dull in color and matted in spots. To add to this, she was quite skinny from the harsh conditions of travelling. Lightning was doing alright, though. She was fed and she was safe, for now, at least.

---Lightning's eyes opened as she caught scent of another wolf. It was a pack wolf, she could tell, by the many scents it carried. Her head raised and her ears perked. She heard the strange wolf's question, and debated with herself on whether or not to answer. Lightning rose to her feet, and left her shielded spot under the bush. Now that she revealed herself, Lightning answered, "I'm Lightning. Who are you?" She remained calm as she studied the pack wolf. Though the male before her was about twice her size, Lightning showed no sign of fear as she waited a response.
(This post was last modified: Jun 05, 2016, 04:17 PM by Lightning.)
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
There is a rabbit's nest nearby. +1 Health
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Kajika waited for a response and when it finally came it was in the form of a female, much smaller than him appearing before him. The dark male relaxed his posture somewhat because though he felt no threat from her he wasn’t stupid enough to think that she didn’t offer one. “Kajika, It’s a pleasure to meet you,” he stated, “What brings you to this part of the Lore? If you don’t mind my asking.” He was rather curious what she might be doing this close to Fallen Tree Cove. Though she hadn’t crossed any boundaries that he could tell he wouldn’t be doing his job if he wasn’t ensuring that she wasn’t a danger to his pack or the pups. While waiting for her to answer his questions Kajika looked her over noticing the state of her coat and poor body condition that she seemed to be in.

He was well aware of the hardships that could be fall a wolf on their own and the condition that she was in suggested that she’d had a lot of hardship. At the sound of a splash from the lake his ear turned in the direction it had come from. There was that of course, if she’d chosen this as her place to rest he couldn’t deny that she’d picked a good place. There had been many times in the past when he had stayed on the shores of the lake. The fishing was good and the fish would be good for her and as long as she didn’t cross pack borders he was sure that she would be left alone if that was what she wanted.

(This post was last modified: Jun 06, 2016, 06:52 PM by Kajika.)
Played by Storm who has 2 posts.
Inactive
Lightning Storm
---"And you too," Lightning responded, giving a slight nod. "Oh, I don't mind," she said, relaxing slightly. Kajika was quite polite, so Lightning felt as if he wouldn't cause much trouble. However, after much trial and error with her siblings as a pup, she knew better than to let her guard down. Upon the male's question, Lightning pondered for a few moments before answering. "This part, its quite peaceful. I've always liked the water. It calms me. Plus, its always nice to have food and water right at your doorstep," she replied.

---Now that Lightning had answered Kajika's questions, she had her own to ask. "You're a pack wolf, I can tell," she stated. "Is there a pack nearby?" Lightning asked. The smell of the water masked any scent of distance, so she had little clue on what was out there, unless she were to go exploring. However, the she-wolf was more focused on cleaning and taking care of herself as of right now. She planned to keep her den here for a while, unless she found a better offer.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Kajika offered a smile and nod to acknowledge the girls words but he was more interested in what she was doing there by the lake. With it being so close to his pack’s territory he wanted to make sure that no harm would come to his family. He was rewarded with an answer soon enough and as she gave the answer he tried to gauge the truthfulness of it. He let his gaze drift across the water knowing that he too had enjoyed the peacefulness of the lake in the past. “It is very peaceful here allowing a chance to actually feel safe. I also have to agree about having food and water so convenient having been in such a situation myself,” he said not allowing any doubt he might be feeling about the girls reason creep into his voice. Though with her current condition and situation it did make it hard to believe what she had told him beside he felt it would be ludacris to try and take on the pack in her condition.

It seemed that she wasn’t the only one with questions to which Kajika listened unsurprised at the fact she knew he was a pack wolf. It was no different than him knowing she was a loner. He did wonder where she might be going with this but he didn’t see any harm in answering her. “Yes, my pack isn’t too far away may I ask why your inquiring?” He questioned. The directness in the way that she had asked her question had Kajika a little more alert then he had been in recent moments. It worried him that she might have something in mind that he didn’t particularly want to inadvertently help her with.

(This post was last modified: Jun 26, 2016, 03:39 PM by Kajika.)