(See All?) Announcements
430 Users Online
Bing, Google

They don't always happen when you ask — Larkcall Lowlands 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Alice who has 1,273 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn
Askan gave the alphas-to-be his full and undivided attention. These were wolves that he could respect, that he could follow. It went without saying that Askan was picky, that he didn't hand out respect on a silver platter, but when it was due, when he knew that they were worthy he gladly gave it. For one, he owed Drestig because he had been the one to offer him this opportunity in the first place and two, the elder wolf had been civil. He was a little too jovial for his tastes, but it was something Askan could easily look past. He was good, Askan knew that and so he was happy to serve beneath him. He felt honoured to have been welcomed into the fold.

Now as for Jessie, as Drestig's mate she was due respect. But it was more than that, the way she held herself and her no nonsense approach made it  easy for Askan to follow, to fall into line. He could easily see himself following her commands without issue.  Good things were yet to come, he was certain of it.

"I get it. I know that the territory lines aren't set in stone yet, but I'll keep watch anyway. Just to make sure." Askan was going to dedicate a whole lot of time to guarding the perimeters. He had something to prove. No one was going to get passed on his watch.  "If there is anything else you want, just ask."

Askan ducked his head a little and tucked his tail between his legs, to show that he meant it. He would always defer to their judgement, they were the one in charge and so as he had said earlier, if they were to ask him to jump his immediate response would be to ask how high. That's just how things were going to be.

It was clear to see that these mates held great affection for each other. It was lovely to see really. This was something Askan was happy to help safe guard, after all what was a home without family? The wolf shook his head, trying to shoo away such sappy thoughts. He was thankful he hadn't said them out loud, now that would have been mortifying. 
[Image: kana_pixel_by_marthypie-dcn3i8m.gif]
[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]
Played by PuppyThief who has 538 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Drestig Avalon

Jessie seemed to agree with his assessment, nodding lightly, though her gaze remained strained on the stranger. Drestig knew it would take time for her to fully trust and accept the young male, but he was confident that Askan would make a fine addition to their group, prepared to work to make their dream a reality. The dame had only little to add, as always curt and direct, which seemed to fly well with their new recruit. This time Drestig nodded firmly along, the soft hint of a smile playing in the corner of his mouth as he watched his mate. He'd never doubted her abilities, her strength and determination that had helped him get this far, she might not be a big speaker, but she valued action and easily showed her qualifications through her own; It took little more than a strict look for her to instill respect, and each further move would only prove its merits.

Even now she was doing splendid, keeping up a professional face, though he could tell how tired she was. It took very little to wear her out these days; No wonder..! Drestig quickly lowered his nose to give her an encouraging nudge, then turned his attention back to Askan as he spoke up again, answering the explanation with brief efficiency. The graying man snorted under his breath, yes this boy would get along very well with his future alphess; I knew it was a good choice… It was true, as he had told the younger wolf, he wasn't going to be picky, they needed the numbers, and if someone needed a home it would please the long time loner and orphan to be able to provide it. But there were limits, and if he ever felt in the least that his family was threatened, he wouldn't hesitate to kick out the offender. They were all supposed to be one big family, a pack, that required they get along.

Drestig nodded, half to himself, half to Askan, recognizing the last statement with a: "Very good." Then his attention was back on his petite partner, gaze softening as it fell on her. Again he extended his muzzle, taking his time as he caressed her cheek, letting his snout rest against the base of her jaw. The last thing he wanted was for her to exert herself, she'd met their new comrade and that should be enough for now. "Eat," He whispered in her ear, motioning lightly with a paw at the half carcass they had brought home. Then he lifted his head again, speaking louder as he addressed Askan as well; "We should rest for a bit, I'm sure you could use it," Brows raised to give a slightly pointed look at the other, though humor glistened in the depth of his eyes. He knew all too well of the restless sleep that came with being on your own, always having to keep one eye open. "I'll show you the rough outlines of the territory around sunset." With that finalization, and a small, encouraging smile, he turned back to Jessie, helping her move the meat into the shade and sitting watch as she ate, his own eyes closing as well as the others' when the sun slowly started to sink.

Word count: 546

"Speech" Thoughts

pride12