(See All?) Announcements
518 Users Online
Google, Bing

where'd you go? — Sacred Grove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Bryony who has 489 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Borlla Tainn-Argyris
Borlla looked a mess. In various places her fur was matted, dirt and various flora caught up int he mats. Her eyes seemed to be dull, a far sight different from the usually honey-bright glow they had. She walked with a limb in her front left leg. It had been a long journey, so long that she felt like she was in a haze, the surroundings merely blending into the last landscapes she'd seen. She was missing her usual aplomb, a mere shell of the wolf that she was a few months ago. She finally stopped, hitting a wall of scent that made her aware. Her hurt leg was lifted off of the earth, prepared to keep her journey forward, when she remembered that she'd left them. She was a lone wolf, and had been for quite some time. She probably didn't even look the same. Thinner, dirtier, duller, maybe a bit larger, as she had been a yearling for quite some time and her body was finally finishing its processes.

She was a stranger to this place now. She didn't belong until someone told her that she belonged. She wondered if Indru had found his way back, or if he was still missing. Had he died? She'd had no luck in finding him and had almost sealed her own fate as well. Weakly, the girl lifted her head, eyeing the invisible barrier that she couldn't cross. She took a wavering breath, wondering if she had it in her to howl, or if it would simply make her collapse. She didn't want to touch the earth. She didn't want to be seen like that. She was not weak. With a few more labored breaths, she lifted her head and howled into the sky, feeling her legs shaking for a moment as the air quickly drifted out of her lungs. When the sound was gone, she snapped her jaws shut, taking in another painful breath. Borlla was home, but whether or not this was still home was no longer in her paws. <b style="color:#32527a">"speech."

Lurking until the end of July - Please PM/tag me to get my attention
Played by Tara who has 549 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Indru Tainn

Since returning home Indru had tried to help as much as his broken body had been able; and the vigorous exercising he had put it through had only helped his recovery, it had strengthened his muscles and helped wounds heal correctly and he felt confident that in time his slight limp in his hind leg would go too. Filling the pack's food caches had been most important, Cori and the pups both were malnourished and his mate had been exhausted from the excessive hunting that it had required to feed their young. Though Indru wasn't much help in pack hunts, or bringing down large prey, he felt that it helped stretch his limbs and work his muscles to hunt around the Grove itself, catching the small creatures it had to offer.

Indru found himself unable to sleep for as long a period as he was used too, stiffness tempted to creep into his still healing muscles if they were not used for long periods of time and so in the early hours of the morning he had slipped out from the den and the warmth of Corinna and their children. Their scents still clung to his fur as Indru checked and restrengthened the borders and he took comfort in that in the silence of the early hours, even if he could not be with them. Duty rather than an empty belly had caused him to go hunting though and now Indru walked back towards home triumphant, a still warm rabbit clasped in his jaws.

However, when he was near them it became apparent that he was not alone; a howl burst from the trees around him, so familiar that it hurt. Without pause Indru barrelled towards it, any soreness the hunt had caused now forgotten, until his youngest sister was perched on the borders edge in front of him. His fiery eyes had barely any time to take her in before he closed the gap between them, the rabbit dropped at her feet, as he ran his muzzle down her spine like he had when she was a pup to check her well being. A myriad of scents clung to her fur but the fact that she belonged to no one was clear, she'd stayed a lone wolf then in her absence, part of him had wondered if she'd left for another pack and the thrill of adventure. Borlla, he breathed at last, where have you been?

(This post was last modified: Sep 08, 2011, 02:41 PM by Indru.)
Inactive No Rank
Borlla Tainn-Argyris
Her tongue pushed against the top of her mouth. She needed water. One dot at a time, Borlla was making a mental list of things she'd need. Water was the first thing on the list. Food was somewhere on the list. At this point, she wasn't sure how hungry she was. The past few days had mostly been a blur as she traveled. Things hadn't been so bad on her own. But when she'd managed to find out her way home, she'd pursued it without thought. She'd hardly stopped since she'd found the scent, especially for the necessities. Time ticked by slowly now, for the first time in a long time, as she waited for someone to greet her. Her legs grew weak beneath her and she finally allowed herself to sit. At least she wasn't lying down, and she kept her head high.

It seemed her call had been heard, for the sound of crunching undergrowth caught her attention, and she rose to her paws again. Indru. It was Indru. Eyes wide, her legs shook again from sheer surprise. When the prey was dropped at her feet, she was blind to it, standing there in shock as he moved around her, then finally came back to where she could see him. Borlla shuddered, expression a frozen mystery. He'd asked her a question, and it took her a moment to find her voice, which had remained basically unchanged in her absence. <b style="color:#32527a">"I...I went looking for you," Her eyes dropped away from his face, and another shudder ran down her. <b style="color:#32527a">"speech."

Inactive No Rank
Indru Tainn

There seemed little response from his sister from Indru's affection, but he was used to it and he paid it no mind at first, Borlla had always been a tad more reluctant than most to show her emotions. She answered him dutifully, perhaps too much for Borlla, and then her eyes dropped from his own and though this was submission he would expect from any other, it was not in Borlla to normally offer it so freely. Silence hung before Indru could work up the courage to ask, did... What happened? Worry and concern coated his words and he pushed his nose against Borlla's neck in both affection and to test her scent more easily. Are you hurt little sister? His tongue curled out to brush along her muzzle and his fur lifted slightly in his tension and nerves at the dispirited sister who had been returned to him.

The mornings were brisk now that autumn was here and though Borlla had an adults coat now she shuddered still and inspected her form more closely, malnourished, thirsty perhaps, and most likely exhausted. Could it just be the life of a loner taking its toll or had something more sinister happened? You are home now, Borlla, Indru soothed, dropping his head to rest his chin gently upon her skull before trying to catch her eye again. You're safe now. It had always been a fear of Indru's that one day her spirit would get the best of her and that she would flee; but his stomach rolled with guilt at the thought that the reason she had fled had been for him. I'm so sorry. It was a phrase he was beginning to know very well.

Inactive No Rank
Borlla Tainn-Argyris
It was painfully silent, and Borlla tried to muster up the courage to say something else. How much she'd missed him, how much she missed Swift River. For the moment, she ignored his question, glad for the nuzzling, and she finally managed to smile, the shuddering rolling into hardly visible tremors. <b style="color:#32527a">"For awhile, I was okay. I didn't want to tell anyone I was leaving, because I didn't want them to stop me..." Her words were slow, and she looked up again, glad that he wasn't angry. She felt like she deserved to be yelled at. Disappearing, then reappearing looking like this.

<b style="color:#32527a">"I was good at living by myself...But when I found my way back," She sighed, trying to recall the past few days, one long endless day. <b style="color:#32527a">"I haven't stopped walking, Indru." The girl shook her head, and hoisted herself onto all fours. <b style="color:#32527a">"Is everyone okay? It was stupid of me...I shouldn't have left." Corinna...What would she say? And Indru's children. Borlla groaned and sat again, lifting her hurt leg, and giving the paw a faint lick as if that would do any good. <b style="color:#32527a">"It's not your fault." Her bright eyes snapped up to him suddenly, and she spoke roughly with anger. <b style="color:#32527a">"speech."

Inactive No Rank
Indru Tainn

Her reason for disappearing without a word was so typically Borlla he had an absurd feeling of wanting to laugh; wanting to do something and not wanting anyone to stop her was how most of her actions went, and even Indru, her leader and guardian, had been unable to tame it. However, she was an adult now, however much still in training, and soon she would have to try and settle within the ranks and find her place. Everyone is okay, things had been recovering quickly at Swift River, whether with old blood returning or new blood joining. Whoever it was, the teacup Tainn's were all the better for it, their lack of nourishment had temporarily stunted their growth but Indru wanted to rectify that as soon as possible. Your niece and nephews are almost as big as you now I bet, he teased, knowing the mere thought of it even if it was clearly untrue would frustrate her, but he grinned to show he meant it in good jest. Relief from a weight in his shoulders we wasn't even aware he had caused Indru to feel more happy and carefree than he had in a while.

His words of apology seemed to spark a small flame of anger and he ducked his head to lick her muzzle once again, a grin on his face, as he tried to soothe her. You're home at least now, the thought was more pleasing that she would realise to him, he was sure. In many ways he would always think of Borlla and her litter mates as pups of his own; aside from Kinis later he had been the main fatherly figure any of them had experienced, and they had been his first taste of true responsibility and dependency. Swift River will always be your home, he worried how Corinna would react to her, the pair had never had the best relationship, but he hoped that the gift Corinna had given them all of the three healthy pups would soothe Borlla to his mate. For Corinna's opinion on Borlla he was not sure, but surely knowing how much he cared for his family she could not expect him to shun his sister away. The rabbit that lay at his feet was intended for the cache, and more specifically the pups, but looking at her Borlla seemed half starved of a decent meal herself. Here, come on, perhaps your nieces and nephews will let you share, they aren't quiet as rabid as you were at their age. A quick bark of laughter broke through and Indru nudged her gently with his muzzle again, leaning down to pick up the rabbit before stepping over the borders and waiting for her to do the same.

Inactive No Rank
Borlla Tainn-Argyris
Borlla fell silent now, for once deciding that speaking and arguing just took too much energy. She was incredibly happy to hear that everyone was okay. What use was she anyway that she should worry about their well being when she wasn't around? She looked forward to seeing the pups, if Corinna would let her, and smiled weakly at Indru's little prod. Once again, she stood up, one final tremor shaking her visibly before she seemed to settle. Maybe being home was really the first thing on her list. Forget food, forget water, she felt better already.

She glanced at the rabbit between his paws as he bent down to pick it up, then carefully and nervously stepped over the border, as if it would shock her. When nothing happened, the smile grew slightly, and she let out a sight, so glad to be home. <b style="color:#32527a">"speech."