472 Users Online
Bing, Google, Kokonoe, Galen

I'm scared to get close, — Rogue Outcrop 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by Maeby who has 110 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Maeve Destine Caravello
I hate being alone..
Forwarded to 5/6 for the sake of spreading out her exploration a bit from the last thread. All welcome! Though it'd be nice to thread with another BTP wolves? @Ember @Nadla @Equinox @Yuka @Drift (Because Mift and idk how long they'll be this close for! XD)
Sunny, Mid-Afternoon.

Reality was a cruel joke, however ceasing to notice might very well be the reason Maeve's been able to keep her soft grip on sanity for so damn long. Was Celandine really coming back for her? After all this time.. Just exactly how long had it been again? Five months, no, half a year maybe? Perhaps the Plateau's heir really had deceased. Perhaps.. Or could it be the stark white Princess hadn't ever gave a shit about the young, pathetic fae in the first place? Regardless; the orphan's imagination just couldn't fathom such thoughts anymore. She'd continue on, holding herself tall and proud until the day they'd reunite. That's really all she could do.

The former Destine-Caravello had decided to travel somewhere west for the day, having already decided that there wasn't anything worth further investigation north-east. With any luck, she'd be able to get through the afternoon without another damn hassle nosing it's way into her business, though when had that ever been likely?

It hadn't taken long before the fae chanced upon the obscure formation of an outcrop, a structure Maeve had no previous knowledge on. The pile of boulders had definitely piqued her curiosity, almost like a challenge at first sight. "'Gotta climb tha'" she murmured, determination faint in her voice. "Bu' how..."

(This post was last modified: May 02, 2016, 07:46 AM by Maeve.)
[Image: 9lnGsxY.png]
[Image: RNGTjgp.gif]
Played by becuffin who has 42 posts.
Inactive VI. Yearling
Drift Tainn
Innocently whistles

He could only imagine just how frantic @Sahalie would be if she realised he'd gone again, but the trees were suffocating, those fucking bugs were intolerable and he still felt an outsider among his own family, so when the ground seemed to rise beneath his paws, his head lifted to survey the heights, deciding it was as good a path as any and at least a landmark to get him close to home, if and when he decided to return.

Drift had unknowingly spent a night in the old den of Silent Moon Plateau before continuing north, the much more challenging peak still coated with snow, and again, an easy landmark. He skirted around the lake, avoiding the pack that dwelled there, he was just passing through, nothing to see here. The going was hard, and his thin limbs ached in a way they hadn't since those first frantic weeks of searching for him home. It was a welcome distraction from the dark thoughts that threatened to consume him, and at least out here in the open he could see if anything was coming to get him.

Traversing across the cold stone and soft grass, most of the mud had fallen from his coat until he almost looked more white than brown. It wasn't an unpleasant change but it seemed the extra coating helped to deter the ticks that had plagued him in a rare moment of cleanliness (the remaining snow had made it hard to get proper coverage - or so he told himself), with any luck the bugs wouldn't be this high up.

At first he was too taken with the stone formation to notice the grey blur moving at its base but his tail began to wave almost instantly (wow she had gotten big!). She wasn't screeching about getting a bug off her face this time, which he supposed was a plus and seemingly still unnoticed a devious plan was hatched. As she turned away to round the outcrop he snuck into position, hiding his small frame behind a tumbled boulder he raised his paw, ready to swat down at her muzzle if and when she rounded the corner to the easiest path to the top.

(This post was last modified: May 07, 2016, 11:49 PM by Drift.)
[Image: drift-greypixel01.gif]
Inactive Deceased
Maeve Destine Caravello

She'd slowly began to circle the obscure formation, precisely studying each and every rock for a starting point. 'I like this thing. It's go' character.' the fae smiled to herself, briefly wondering why her interests always had something to do with nature. "Aint' go' no cattails though. Place'd look better wi' a few of them guys around." What was with this obsession of hers..

It wasn't until she made her way around the corner of the foundation that Maeve would notice that she hadn't been alone. 'Figures' the girl spat, allowing the strangers paw land smack dab on her muzzle. "Whu' the actual fu-!" the yearling screamed, jumping back a few paces to examine exactly who had just been brave enough to try and start a brawl with her whilst she was so extremely unprepared. "Cheap shot." the fae growled, bearing teeth at her possible opponent. Though he did look awfully familiar. In fact, this whole scenario was familiar! Deja vu? "You.. Who..?" Digging deep into her memory bank, the former Destine-Caravello was just barely able to recall an instance similar to all of this. 'Ah', back in th' happy days.' she sighed, relaxing just a smidge.

"Ye', Tha' stained coat o' yers. This ain't the first time y' booped m' snoot, is it?" staring intently at the dirty boy, Maeve waited for his confirmation. 'Better hope I ain't wrong, or I'm gonna really hurt em'.

Inactive VI. Yearling
Drift Tainn

He had expected her to catch sight or whiff of him before his paw made its mark and almost the very second it did, ears shot back against his skull and he crouched low, lips pulled taught in a submissive smile, only a hint of mirth in his eyes betraying his pleasure at seeing just one of his plans pulled off without a hitch. Drift relaxed a little when she asked if this wasn't the first time he had 'booped her snoot and he dared to chuckle. "No bugs this time. Nearly didn't recognise ya' you got so big. Between you an @Sahalie I'm surprised there's any food for the rest of us at all." He hadn't meant for that to slip out at all, and especially not so casually, but there was no denying that where once they almost stood similar in size, Drift was now a whole head shorter and she was at least half his weight again.

Being so clearly outmatched and precariously close to any number of cliffs and ravines, perhaps he would have been better off to just keep his damn mouth shut? "You just got really big is all! I mean, I uh..." He tried to pull his cheesiest smile, his body crumpling to try and convey without words, I really didn't mean it like that!

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
Shallow water has trapped several fish in a small pond. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive Deceased
Maeve Destine Caravello

"B-B'scue me?!" The colorless yearling screeched. She'd never been one to obsess over her own appearance, though that could have been because she'd just assumed herself average enough as is. However before her now was a dirty off-white male around her age claiming she was fat? The nerve! "Damn right y' didn' mean it like tha'!" She scowled, once again showing off those pearly whites. "Aint' even eat much! Y' can't jus' go round spoutin' tha' sort of nonsense! Specially in front of a lady!!" She wasn't fat, there was just no way. Maybe this Sahalie, but most certainly not her. He's a liar.

"Ye' tryin' t' get in m' head 'r somethin'?" she sighed, trying her very best to collect herself. "Give y' props, it almost worked." Stepping away from the stained specimen, the orphan continued on in her quest to climb the odd landscape. Whether he was here just to mock her or not, she had more important matters to attend to. "I forgive ye', fer now. Y' gotta help m' get up this thing though. Wanna get a good look a' was goin' on round us." It was the least he could do, after all. And it be far more productive than just standing around insulting strangers. "'M lookin' fer someone doncha know."

(This post was last modified: May 19, 2016, 08:58 AM by Maeve.)
Inactive VI. Yearling
Drift Tainn

As she scolded him he shrunk down further, even going so far as to take a step closer in case she chose to lash out. He did deserve it after all. "I meant bigger'n me! Sahalie is short like me but bigger, and you're taller bigger!" he tried to clarify "Couldn't really get that tall without a lot o' the mothers blessin's now could you?" Not that he expected her to know what he was talking about. It seemed very few people knew what he was talking about at all.

When she spoke of trying to find someone he felt compelled to help in any way he could. While as the smaller wolf it might have made sense for him (being smaller and lighter and her larger and stronger) to be the one to use her as a step, there was something about the thought of climbing on a girls back or shoulders that filled the boy with a sense of anxiety and pure dread. He was quick to wipe the thoughts from his head and the expression from his face. "Here, step up on me if you haf'ta," he offered, moving in between the rock and the girl. Never mind if he collapsed or she lost her balance and he ended up wearing her as a hat... Best not to think on that too much now.