(See All?) Announcements
826 Users Online
Hazelnut, Google, Bing

I'm never what I like, I'm double sided. — Spectral Woods 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Maeby who has 207 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Darrah Tainn
Backdated to after Darrah's join thread. Sahalie's gotta catch her big brother up! @Sahalie

Reuniting with his family had gone almost exactly as planned. In fact, realistically Darrah couldn't picture it running any smoother even if he wanted to. Giving a brief goodbye to the two elders that stood before him, the ravened male went on to fulfill the promise he'd made only moments prior; catching up with little Sahalie.

The boy had always held a strong sense of fondness for his siblings, though the bond had always seemed to be stronger with Sahalie than it had been with her counterpart, not intentionally of course. Darrah loved Drift with all of his heart, though the boy simply never seemed to stick around for long. 'He's got a wandering heart, I can sympathize with that.' the Tainn smiled, closing in on his kin's scent.

"Sahalie!" Darrah cheered as the space between he and the girl had began to really dwindle. "Gah, it feels so good to be back!" He nipped at her cheek playfully, anxious to hear all of the exciting things that had happened while he was away. "Soo, how have you been? Like, really. I've missed you, I want to know everything!" He grinned, giving the child little time to process much. The sooner he could be all caught up, the better.

Celebrate the way the night hides scars.

Darrah Tainn

Played by Sarah who has 612 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sahalie Leigh
:c sorry for the wait and the crap post
Darrah caught up just as threatened promised. The fact that he still seemed so cheery made her hesitate painfully when she turned to look him in the face. Patiently, with a shy smile, she listened to him and his amiable chatter. It was clear that Spieden and Triell had opted not to mention anything after she had left. How else could he still be so chipper.  "I've missed you too," she admitted quietly as she took a seat to begin. There was no point in drawing the mess out any longer: it was just like a thorn that needed to come out of her paws. All the careful gladness fell from her shoulder as she tipped her head to look her blood-brother full in the face.

"You're not gunna like any of it," after which she paused, looking for some sort of confirmation to continue. 

"Look," suddenly her eyes were on her paws again, "I'll just. I'll give you the short of it and then you can ask about all the details if you still want to." Her shoulders moved as if she was setting up to brace herself. Her head was back up again. "Yeah, I think that sounds good." If there was a right way to deliver this kind of news she would have liked to have known about it before this moment. Instead the world had forced her to make it up on her own.

"Shortly after you left... Anneliese died." She took a deep breath. "And Drestig and Jessie have been gone since the end of Winter."

Sure, the girl was afraid, but she met his eyes all the same because his reaction was important to her. Drift had been impassive, distracted. She needed to know that there was more humanity than that out there, that Darrah cared. Even if it was painful, more painful than that fated meeting had been, she needed to see it.
(This post was last modified: Jun 24, 2016, 07:54 PM by Sahalie.)
[Image: sahalie_by_loccian_love-dc6mt9c.png]
[Image: sahalie-greypixel01.gif]
Played by Maeby who has 207 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Darrah Tainn
Nah, don't be sorry. I liked it! :D

"You're not gunna like any of it,"

So Oak Tree Bend hadn't changed a bit whilst he'd been away, huh? The prince frowned before letting out a rather large sigh. It's not like he'd expected to come back to sunshine and dandelions or anything, however he had been preying for a few days of quiet before the familiar storm once more insistently placed itself before him. The raven urged his kin to carry on with a slight nod of his head, trying his best to keep the worst in mind.

Everything that came from Sahalie's mouth then forth only caused more dread. "A-Anne..." He paused, reverting his gaze elsewhere- far away from hers. It wouldn't be right for the girl to see him cry, especially considering the fact that he'd always tried very hard to be strong for her, and for the Bend. "H-how did it..." He paused, trying desperately to keep his sorrow discrete. "How did it happen? And what did they do with the..." The body, he wanted to say. Though the mere thought of actually saying it out loud only caused the male to tear up more. "She.. She was a good friend of mine, you know.. I should have..." He should have been there, though would he of even been able to stop it?

Celebrate the way the night hides scars.

Darrah Tainn

At some point,

I started looking at the ground more than the sky

It’s hard even to breathe.
Played by Sarah who has 612 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sahalie Leigh
@____@ hi there remember me.

She saw Darrah's face brace itself with a frown, but knew that such a simple sigh would not be enough to face this news. Not for a wolf that felt as keenly as Darrah seemed to. But with his nod he gave his word for her to open the floodgates.

Her head twisted to get a better look at his face as he choked out the name she hadn't heard another soul utter in so long. Until now it was possible the dirty, tortured body had just been an ugly nightmare instead of a real memory. Was Darrah going to cry? It didn't look like it, though his voice faltered and her heart thudded painfully to hear it. "Pigs," she coughed, her voice tight and her eyes narrowed in pain, "Most of...most of the pack was gone on a trip to Hearthwood River, no one...she was protecting us all."

"We all wish we could have been there. She shouldn't have been alone." That was the worst part about it all. Anneliese had given everything to her pack and in the end her glassy eyes had no friendly faces, only dark mist, hardpacked earth, fallen leaves. Sahalie choked out a whine, "She was always so nice to me, Darrah, she taught me all this stuff about plants... she listened to me whine about a bee sting, she was so kind" Sure, the white lady had been aloof and seemed to mesh awkwardly with the rest of the pack, but the same could be said for any other Bend wolf. All that mattered to Sahalie was that she was there and she tried. 

"I miss her a lot."
(This post was last modified: Sep 01, 2016, 09:31 PM by Sahalie.)
[Image: sahalie_by_loccian_love-dc6mt9c.png]
[Image: sahalie-greypixel01.gif]