(See All?) Announcements
546 Users Online
Google, Bing

C'est la mort
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Switch who has 688 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall
<blockquote>Little ones were tucked in bed, and it did not take long for their eyes to close no longer able to fight off sleep. She could hear the tiny whispers of their slow, steady breathes in the dark. A happy smile lingers on her lips that no one can see. The little exhales and inhales are music to the tired mother's ears. It wasn't because they were asleep, but it was because it meant they were alive.

Chin rests heavily on a single white forelimb. She can feel them snuggled together, nestled near her in the pack's den she'd chosen long before they were born. They were old enough to be at a rendevous site, but she was waiting, hesitating to decide that spot. This was the safest place, and it eased her mind. She deserved to breathe easy some how didn't she? Though in the coming months they would soon be almsot as big as she. Here, it was safe, and warm from the cruel, cold world.

Pale lids close against the dim light shining from the mouth of the den from the outside moon. Desperately she wanted to sleep, and escape to the confines of her mind that didn't remember dreams or daytime.

She steadily inhales, and like always can still detect the faded scent of Borden. But to her it is strong, ingrained in her brain, and something she can't escape. She lets it linger in her nostrils, tormenting herself. Being without him was like one endless, sleepless night.

It was in these times she could feel the hollow in her chest aching. <i>I miss you, but I don't want too,</i> she thinks time, and time again. Guilt clings tight to her, she can't escape it any more than the loneliness. She's rewound so much in her head, it should have simotaniously combusted. It would have been easier if she'd seen it coming, but she hadn't. Throat tightens, and it hurts much like the rest of her.

Taking careful movements she slips from the dark confines of the den where the air is nothing but that of the cedarwood. She sits like a ghostly guardian, just staring into the night waiting for nothing like she always did.</blockquote>
(This post was last modified: Sep 10, 2011, 11:26 PM by Jaysyek.)
[Image: 9Py9751.png]
Played by Vami who has 1,026 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
And there, along the back-drop of the cedar forest, was the darkened figure of Elettra, a bellwether in her own right by the accomplishments she had done thus far. She was not leadess, looking not for the need to set off and breed on her own. She was settled here and by this, had become strong here. She was the new beta of the land and had held the title after the founding second, rising high in pride after her victory against Vlarindara, who once more sought in fitting to flee the lands for her own desires. But it was not just she who fled, but Aisling, Broden and Prosper (hopefully together) and Kiche (though El was happy enough for this). For a time now, it had been only her, her partnering second and Jays. With Skylah gone and the autumn months coming, her supply was ready and stocked, though with the lack of new growing vegetation, she spent less time on the hunt for new herbs. Despite her longing to travel for supplies to break free from the common tasks, Elettra Archer was happy for the cooler weather, her thick coat supporting the fact that she was made for these seasons before the others.

Now, she stalked with an air of confidence, much as she usually had by her royal blood, now fitting with a royal rank. As she returned from her scouting of the boarders, she would address Jaysyek with a lowered tail, which swayed delicately behind her, though her skull remained high by time, strength and blood given for this pack. "Jaysyek." She would address her alphena, a grim expression still carried over her milky lined mug, her silver gaze hard. "We must speak on behalf of the pack. ...I'm sure you understand?" After all, it could not have been more obvious to Elettra Archer, and she would hope in due time Raigo would show up for the discussion as well. After all, with no leader around, the pack had been very vulnerable, mainly with children still about, and only the leadess and her two betas under her for protection. Three wolves just did not seem nearly enough to El, whilst the scent of many more rogue wolves coming into the lands of Relic Lore filled her mug.
(This post was last modified: Sep 12, 2011, 02:13 AM by Elettra.)
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall

<blockquote>It was no surprise to see her loyal second striding out of the darkness. It was something of a mixture between relief, gratefulness, and knowing. It was obvious things were not great, and things needed to be better. And the Enap runaway needed to step up to ensure the lives of her children, and pack would be well this winter. She had found the male Crux who luckily had wanted a home, and who had taken her up on her offer. But Elettra must not had known this yet, or maybe she was in doubt plus one just wasn't enough. 

Jayse sits proudly watching the shadowed lady climb the incline. She regards her with a single nod her ears folded on the side of her mask. It is no secret Borden is gone, and thus putting her under more stress. Jayse very much wants to erase him from her mind, go on like he- they never were, and just move on. She has four if not more reminders that that just couldn't be. It wasn't like she wanted to erase her children. They were the only reason she was sitting there still breathing. 

Unmatched pair of eyes stare into the intelligent metallic of Elettra when she hears her name. She listens to the lady's words expecting them almost, though she has no idea what else the lady would say. She is afraid to think she will be the only member of Grizzly Hollow to say goodbye. Jayse tries not to dwell on this. She would understand if that was the case. But dee inside her she can not believe this lady, the loyalist, most helpful wolf she's met would leave her in this desperate time. Her pale face a serious sort she clears her throat surveying the wise lady.  <b>"I understand, it's definitely time to act."</b> Much as Jayse does and doesn't want, was it time to act like Borden would never return? They could all be waiting for who knows when. Collecting her thoughts she looks to the forest where many a time she would spot him coming home from his travels. <b>"I do have some news. Another has joined us. He's a large, white fellow by the name of Crux Adder. He was respectful, friendly, and in want of a home. I think if he <i> stays</i> winter will be bearable."</b> There was a lot of ifs in her life now sadly, but this was better then nothing. Soon the children would be learning to hunt if not already the small game of insects and mice. Eventually it would be rabbits, and wild birds. 

She let Elettra take this in, and continued saying,<b>"And I hope you, and Raigo know you are both permitted to accept a wolf you see fit."</b> She goes silent ready to listen to what her second might wish to tell.</blockquote>
Played by Shadow who has 123 posts.
No Rank
Raigo Akreon

Striding forward through the trees, the creme beast kept his golden eyes moving, always on the lookout for something suspicious to come his way. He had been towards the skirts of the territory, following a border that had been established by Borden in the height of Grizzly Hollow's glory. His role model had disappeared, leaving behind a pack of females, yearlings, puppies, and Kiche. And then the devil wolf-dog had abandoned them as well, leaving Raigo as the sole male figure in the pack structure. Confused as to his new found situation, Raigo had done the only thing he knew how to do - follow in his elder's footsteps. So as frequently as he could, he found himself remarking borders that had been set by his leader. His own scent did not contain the dominance that Borden's once had, but it insured that those treading through Cedarwood Forest would not mistake the pack lands as empty. With puppies still located at its center, Raigo was not willing to let down his pack.

But nightime had fallen, and sleep was pulling at him. It was loyalty that carried him towards the den - had he given in to his desire, he would have fallen asleep many miles away. But he was roused awake by the sound of voices, the familiar ones of Jaysyek and Elettra. The companions who had stayed with him. Even Vlarindara, his sister, had left him, without really any word or warning. In some twisted way of coping with the abandonment, he had accepted it as his punishment for his own leaving the pack, so many months ago.

Coming forward, he approached the white and dark gray females, his tail swaying easily behind him. Approaching Jayse first, he licked her chin in greeting. Pulling back and looking at Elettra, he nodded his head respectfully. He had not heard the specifics of what they had been talking about, but only caught wisps. But he had heard enough, combined with their somber expressions, to know what they were talking about. "We're gonna be alright," he assured them, tail wagging against his heels. If nothing else, he had to become like Borden, the unwavering pillar of support to those around him, even when things looked grim.

test italics
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
She would nod to her alphena, accepting to the fact that the woman was not blinded by love, praying and hoping that Borden may return. They could not wither away in wait for as Jaysyek spoke, they needed to act. Surely, accepting the ex-alpha into the pack with open arms was something of her leader's choice, but she hoped it would not go without some punishment. He had left them- all of them; his pack, his wife, his new-born children. Elettra's lip twitched to the thought, listening on behalf on the new male to have been accepted into the lands and it is by now that Raigo arrives. "It will not be easy." She wouldn't lie and say that it was. In her heart and very blood she had been breed into a dominant woman- powerful and strong, a helping hand and brutal force to lead in her own right. Still, with her and Jaysyek there was not much. Raigo was the male in the pack (with now a new addition, yet still a stranger to her) yet still he had not reached full maturity and by his lack of adulthood was but a child. Watching their boarders would be harder, keeping intruders out more difficult and with little adults, caring for the young straining. Not to mention, winter was coming! They wouldn't supply enough wolves to watch the children and the boarders, whilst others were trying to hunt large game for the pack. The thought brought a grim expression to her face- the reality of it all. "....Not at all."
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall
<blockquote>She tried not to think about if Borden came home. Sure, a part of her hoped for it, and would like to pretend nothing had happened. But the days were adding up, and he'd been gone for almost two months now. A small part of her believed he would have least told her goodbye. He had been the one to say he couldn't imagine life without her, but did that mean anything? She'd already told herself she couldn't count on him coming back. She would never get anything done if she was waiting for him. She was glad her second knew that. It was not a smiling thought though.

The younger second came out of the shadows, a brighter picture. Jaysyek softly smiled at the chocolate colored lad. She felt very fond of him, and was most glad he had come back. She knew the pups liked him, and he was certainly a bright positive in Grizzly Hollow. She did not know what she would have done if he had left to find Vlar. He seemed to realize she could not be found, or wasn't worth finding. Jayse was sure he felt the first, though she felt the second. She takes his respectful greeting, and her smile stretches at his words. It was nice he believed that, and she was at least trying too.

Ash stroked ears flick at Elettra's words. <i>"It will not be easy."</i> No, it wouldn't be. It was already a struggle between the three of them, and four pups. They had to manage between watching pups, hunting, and checking the boundaries. There didn't seem enough hours in the day to accomplish it all. She was sure with Crux the load between them would be lightened.

Again she tried not to put all her eggs in one basket. <b>"I just need possible right now,"</b> she said, a tired smile this time clear on her face. It was true, if there was a will there was a way. Jayse did not plan on letting her pack, and children starve. Grizzly Hollow was not what it was, but she'd be damned if she let it disintegrate. She had come to far, and been through to much to watch it fall apart any further. Jayse never expected it to be easy, hell where was the fun in that?

She exchanges glances between the two, the two helping her hold everything together. <b>"We have a couple months before winter comes. I know were struggling to fill caches, but I think we can get a good supply before snow flies with the four of us,"</b> she does believe this as she speaks. <b>"We can have a pack hunt. It would be good for the children to see, and there surely has to be some large game in the forest. We need to find a rendezvous site for the pups any way."</b> She thought it was a good idea. The pups were getting old enough they needed to see so they could soon participate when the time was right. She was concerned for their safety, but they were not as small as they use to be. She was sure they would not endanger themselves while the four adults tried to take down a deer or elk. There curiosity, and instincts would keep them watching what was going on. Eventually they would be able to return to the rendezvous site by themselves.

Again her eyes look from gold to silver. She was clearly open to how they felt about this, and anything else. She trusted both of them. They were her family now. <b>"What do you think?"</b></blockquote>
Played by Shadow who has 123 posts.
No Rank
Raigo Akreon
-100 Points for not getting to this sooner. <3

Raigo listened with intent as Jayse spoke, doing her best to get reassurance to her pack members around her. While it was just Elettra and himself, there was something within Raigo that was deeply grateful for Jayse and her belief in the three of them - four if you counted the new guy, Crux. Surely between the four of them, they would be okay. Winter wasn't exactly beating down their doors, though with each day, the amount of time that the sun stayed above ground lessened. With the four adults, a pack hunt was definitely possible, and the youth found himself nodding his head in agreement. In his head were the clear memories of their last pack hunt, which felt like happened ages ago. It had been the last time they had all cooperated as a pack, as a succinct unit. It would be good to figure out how they worked together now, with just the four of them. "A pack hunt is a good idea. Definitely," he murmured to accompany his nodding head. One reasonably sized deer could keep the pack fed for two weeks or so, especially if the adults took the hit and specifically saved some of the food in the pack caches for a later date.

The idea of abandoning the original pack den though, shook Raigo somewhat, and he had to stop his nodding to think about it. The pack den was where Vlar and Borden would immediately go if they were to return. That was their home, and that was what they knew as home. But...on the other paw, the Grizzly Hollow territory was rather large, and as the pups grew, they would need to be accustomed to using and traveling all of it. "I'll see if I can scout out any suitable places for a secondary site," he assured Jayse, rising to his feet. He wanted to be of use to her, and if the best he could do was continue to secure the borders and find a new place for her and her puppies to call home, then that is what he would do.

test italics
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
She would listen silently to her leadess, nodding where it was allowed and waited for Raigo to speak firstly. He was the open, positive wolf where she offered the realities of life with a strong voice and a firm paw. Together, the beta pair were opposite, but quite the needed match that their leadess needed. "If anything, we can build the secondary site for the children by scratch. My infirmary is close by the Grizzly den, so somewhere between the two may be best." She speaks this to them both, but her main attention is focused on Raigo, who mentions taking up the time to find a new place for the children to rest as they age. "I'll scan the nearby lands and try to find some decent game." In due time many of the herds would be migrating for warmer places with more vegetation. Elettra knew they would have to hunt quickly and frequently before hey would have to travel farther to find large game. With that, she would offer a small dip of her head to the both of them and move off away from the forest of home to begin her search.
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall
<blockquote><i>shadow if you'd like to post again and/or archvie works for me :) aslo i think it's funny that our roles our reversed in SR lol</i>

There was a smallest of smiles on the edge of her lips, as Raigo was all up for it. It would be good to get out together with the pups, and have their future not a question mark in the brink. Or at least the part about their food supply. She had no idea what was ahead except for some long, cold months. Either way she felt her faithful seconds would be here, through thick and thin. The she-wolf noticed the small change, when the yearling grew still about her plans to move the pups. Pale brows lightly touched, wondering why this might cause him concern. He volunteered just shortly after to find another site, so the idea something was wrong was easily dismissed. <b>"I'd appreciate that,"</b> she replied confident she'd have choices to pick from. Her muzzle dips torward Elettra, thinking that her idea sounded along the lines of what she'd been thinking. Somewhere new, but within a short walk of the first den. <b>"What would I do without you two?"</b> She says, feeling a wave of gratitude knowing she owed them both so much for sticking around, helping with everything. They were truelly her family now.

Elettra volunteered to find suitable prey, and once more the Grizzly Hollow leader nodded. <b>"Thank you,"</b> she says, meeting her pale eyes of silver hoping the lady knew how thankful she was not only for this, but everything else. Eyes follow the dark shadowed figure as she moves away, surely off to do just what she'd said. Quickly head whips back to the brown wolf near her. <b>"Thank you too, Raigo."</b> Tone has a seriousness to it, and a slight emotional edge as eyes meet his golden gaze. She can feel that dry hurt in her throat from the flood of emotions because she knows her life would be even more sad without the kindness, and help he, and Elettra have. She softly nudges his cheek with her nose, and descends back into the den to hopefully rest.</blockquote>