(See All?) Announcements
597 Users Online
Bing, Google

the way things change — Secluded Spring 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Alace who has 250 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Karina Baranski
This thread is backdated to mid-December, and is part of Karina’s Vision Quest. Open to anyone except Hearthwood River wolves.

Having left her homeland without a word almost a moon ago, Karina had been plagued by constant paranoia that her family was hot on her heels and would catch up to her at any moment. Almost equally distressing was the thought that no one was looking for her; that they listened to her message relayed through Davin that she was safe and did not wish to be pursued. Karina would hardly blame them if they did choose to leave her to her fate. She had disappointed her father and disobeyed her mother’s order. She had failed Lachesis on every count as a student. And Kjors..

..Kjors would be furious with her for hiding her plans and leaving without a word.. perhaps furious enough to find a new priestess.. a new gem. Even Davin she had lied to; he knew the extent of her plan to find Kova, but Karina had misled him into thinking she planned to leave much closer to spring. It had pained her to lie to her dearest friends, but what choice did she have? They all just wanted to protect their little princess, and she suspected even Davin would have broken her trust and spilled her secret plan if he thought it was for her own good.

The few supplies she had been able to scrape together for her journey—dried roots and plants mostly-- were dwindling, and as it was the middle of winter the girl was not hopeful about her chances of finding more edible vegetation. Even so, she scraped halfheartedly at the dirt beside the icy spring, thinking if she was lucky she might find something preserved in the frozen soil beside the water source.  What she really could use right now was a nice fish, and as she thought about it the weary traveler gazed longingly out across the spring. It was likely that there was a nimiety of fish just out of reach, safe and sound beneath the thick layer of impenetrable ice. Not for the first time Karina silently cursed the circumstances that compelled her to travel during such a formidable season.

Played by wolfsi who has 114 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Zilas
OOC:@Karina hope it okay i drop Zilas in, let me know if i should change anything.  

The white male cursed the weather despite the clear sky it were cold like hell. He looked up his eye meeting the dark mountains, which had changed from a shadow in the horizon to large rocky slops rising from the frozen ground. It was not the first time his paws had led him there, not the first time a whine would escape his tainted lips as he shook his fur. More than once had he left the pack borders promising himself he would cross the mountain, to face the oak pack to find the white king or what was left of him. He sighed his breath turning into a white clouded that drifted undisturbed up towards the sky. His head tilted back as he looked up his good eye closing as the sun´s bright light burned in his eye. Skoll had not yet claimed the sun in his mighty jaws and Ragnarök was still just a part of an ancient legend. The white male looked on spots dancing for his eye as he blinked trying to focus.

Zilas walked on closer to the mountains, he had to return to the pack soon or he be in trouble. He knew that a spring were not to fare from his given position and perhaps some stupid small prey animal had dared to come out into the frozen world. His mouth water by the thought of meat.

It were not the sight of prey that had him shocked, it were the young woman gazing out over the spring. He had made the short traveled back and forth from the crest to the spring a few times, and yet never had he been interrupted by other wolves. He tilted his head a little to get a better view of the young wolf, she weren’t familiar to him and her scent were unclear to him, perhaps a lone wolf. He mowed free from the barren trees a low bark to alert her of his presences. What were a wolf her age doing on her oven all alone out in the middle of nowhere in this unforgiving season?

"Talking." "IT."

please don't judge me for talking to my self, after all, you were the one who ruined me.

Keala is permitted to enter any thread Zilas is part of regardless of the tag unless otherwise stated 

Inactive No Rank
Karina Baranski
@Ainashi -- Zilas is perfect! So glad you joined!  

A low bark, barely audible to the weary girl, raised Karina’s head as her cloudy eyes darted, searching for the source. She gasped, “Lachesis,” as she finally distinguished her tutor’s blurry ivory pelt in from the surrounding snowy landscape. She had been found! And not by Kjors or her parents, but her tutor-- possibly the man who had the most cause to be disappointed in her. Chagrin stabbed through her heart at being found so early in her quest, but it was championed by the joy of reuniting with a family member.  She moved toward Lachesis on unsteady legs, quivering from hunger and exhaustion.

As she neared the man, she expected to inhale the familiar redwood scent of her homeland, mixed with the scents of her parents of course. She instead was met with the sharp scent of boulder dust and evergreens.. a familiar scent too, but not the one she was expecting. “Oh!” she expelled, halting a few wolflengths from the stranger. Her crystalline eyes widened as she took in his visage once again, noting that although he had her tutor’s coloration, he was a good deal larger than Lachesis. She also made the chilling observation that he had eyes like Kjors, one blind and the other cool and calculating. It gave her the uncanny feeling that Kjors—not a Round Stone Crest stranger—was watching her through that judgmental gaze.

And then it dawned upon her that this was exactly the apparition for which she had been praying. She had begged the Mother for guidance, and now here was Kova’s packmate, ready to show her the way! The Mother had even made sure that Karina would recognize Her messenger by dressing him in the features of her two mentors; Kjors and Lachesis. “Thanks be to the Mother,” Karina murmured, crystalline gaze lowering reverently. 

(This post was last modified: Feb 19, 2016, 04:10 PM by Karina.)

[Image: KjorinaB.png]   
 [Image: JeWBS4.png]
Inactive No Rank
Zilas
OOC: Sorry for the wait @Karina

As the Tawny youth looked his way her eyes seemed to be whirlwind of emotions as she moved towards him a word escaping from her lips but to faint for him to catch it. He took a step back tail raising as a flag, she looked weakened and her walk were wobbly. He did not know why he had raise his guard, she was not on his kings territory nor did she seem like thread to him.

His guard dropped by the young girls, Oh, clearly he had not been who she had expected. His eyes watched her carefully as if he could see right through had he tried hard enough. He looked for any singe he had seen her before, or anything that could match her to a friend or foe of the king. In the end the girl showed no signs of any pack foe. "I guess that sound means I am not the wolf you expected eh?" he smiled a slight wag to his tail, his mind a storm trying to figure what to do next. Should he leave, she had been their first after all, or should he tell her to get some wind under her paws, make her leave? He tilted his head as he sighed, no that wouldn't do. Despite the females condition he did not wish to create any enemies to himself or his king, or rather at least not today. "lost? Maybe I could point you in the right direction?" he offered her help, he wanted her out of the way, wanted her to leave.

The young girl mumbled something as her gaze lowered, he struggled not to laugh by her thank to some kind of mother. Why would she thank a wolf who had clearly abandoned her? The silver male had no doubt that the girl was a reject. She was thin and young, why would a wolf like her be on her oven? What's wrong little Ai, found something like you? It said taunting in his mind, its laughter ringing in his ears as a low growl left his lips. "Let Fenrir rip her apart" he mumbled under his breath.

"Talking." IT.  
(This post was last modified: Mar 02, 2016, 07:55 AM by Ainashi.)
please don't judge me for talking to my self, after all, you were the one who ruined me.

Keala is permitted to enter any thread Zilas is part of regardless of the tag unless otherwise stated 

Inactive No Rank
Karina Baranski
Now it's my turn to apologize. Spring is insane, isn't it?<

The girl returned the stranger’s smile, letting herself relax a little now that she was not in danger of being caught. They were odd circumstances indeed, where she was more worried about a chance meeting with a family member than a stranger. No, he certainly wasn’t anyone she had expected, and Mother-be-praised that was a good thing. He pressed on with another question, this time offering directions. That was kind of him, and Karina’s tail waved back and forth in gratitude. He would have given her directions whether he had offered them or not, for if he had been less forthcoming Karina would simply have followed his scent backwards to Round Stone Crest. 

The pale stranger growled something under his breath, and as Karina did not quite catch his words she assumed it was a growl of impatience, awaiting her answer. The Baranski girl realized she had been standing silently for an excessively long moment (food deprivation had her thoughts moving slower than sap rolling down a pine tree). No doubt the Mother’s messenger had somewhere else to be, off to do the Goddess’s bidding whether he knew it or not.

“Yes, I believe you can,” she finally said, blinking her crystalline eyes slowly. “I’m seeking your packmate, Kova Lagina. I’m his friend-- from puphood—and when I heard about his mother...” Karina swallowed, and turned her gaze to her paws in sorrow. “I thought he might want to speak with a friend, is all.” She lifted her gaze back up to the male’s, wondering if she had indeed guessed his pack affiliation correctly. Karina never forgot a scent (she was gifted in that way) and this man smelled almost exactly how Minka and the Crest children had smelled last time they visited-- like mountain rock dust, rugged soil, and evergreens. 

Inactive No Rank
Zilas
Yeah spring is crazy.... and sorry for the amount of errors in this text new Laptop again means that not every thing have been installed yet. and as fare as i can remember i think all Legina children should have left the crest at this time.  

As the youth finally spoke after minutes of silence he sighed, so she were just a traveler. For a moment he thought of asking where she were from and if she were running from some on. He dubbed she were running from some one as she seemed a little to calm for someone who were one the run. Though her weakened shape did have him wonder how long she had been on her oven.

Zilas felt shocked as the pale female spoke, the name of a traitor spilling from her lips. Kova one of the former queen´s pups. Honestly he had little knowledge of the runaway prince, only that he had left his mother’s Kingdom. Thinking about it none of the former queens pups had remained with them. All had they scattered with the wind, all had they left their mothers legacy behind. Zilas he little to no knowledge of the Legacy the former queen Minka Legina had left for her children. After all she had already left this world when he joined the crest. "That Traitor haven shoved his face around the crest for some time now." he looked at her as her gaze dropped to her paws

"None of Minka´s children have been, they all just left us no words said. Their gone with no care for the pack their mother created no loyalty to her final resting place. I´m sorry miss but you’re wasting your time chasing ghost, he is a traitor and traitors aren’t welcomed back" he felt his eye searched for her gaze trying to read her. In truth he could not say if Gent would allow the Legina children to rejoin the crest should they come back. He hoped not, Kova where old enough to understand the consequences of his choice.

Zilas sighed as he looked out over the spring before retuning his eye to her, it was about time that he asked who the hell the pale youth were.

"You mind if I ask who you are, and were you are from?"         

"Talking." IT.  

Inactive No Rank
Karina Baranski

Traitor

The word clashed in Karina’s ears. What could @Kova possibly have done to earn himself such a title? The man continued to speak, naming all of Kova’s brothers and sisters traitors for leaving the Crest packlands. Hearing him speak of her friend so callously boiled the girl’s blood, and the fur along her spine rose involuntarily. A low growl rumbled from her chest, and she lashed her tail from side to side when she finally found words to speak.

“A traitor?” He’s just a boy! An orphan boy who’s mourning and lost.” Kova needed love and support, a sympathetic shoulder.. not stony, unfeeling packmates reminding him of his duty to his mother’s final resting place.   “What about your loyalty to Minka’s flesh and blood? You’ve labeled him traitor, banished him when he needs family most." This man may have Lachesis’s pelt, but he was nothing like her kindhearted mentor. Karina was beginning to question if he was even the Mother’s messenger, now that he had proven how little he cared for Her children.

“I can see why Kova left, if he was surrounded by heartless wolves like you.” Karina was too disgusted to look at the man anymore. She turned from him, and in the back of her mind she thought of how Kjors would disapprove. He would tell her to never turn her back on a stranger, especially one she had just provoked. The man couldn’t know it, but he had hit a nerve within the runaway. She had disobeyed a direct order from her parents, the River King and Queen, and then vanished from her packlands without a word. If Kova was a traitor, what did that make her?

The man went so far as to ask her name, and Karina growled audibly. She’d had enough of him. "Me? I’m no one. A ghost. A traitor," she said, throwing his words back at him. She had thought to make that her exit, but curiosity got the better or her. She turned to once more meet the stranger’s red gaze, just to see his reaction. Had her words done anything to melt the ice around his heart?

Inactive No Rank
Zilas
@Karina so sorry for the delay tell me if anything docent fit.

The reaction from the youth was unexpected as her fur stood on end and a rumble escaped in to the air. His eyes narrowed as she spoke anger in her voice as she pointed out that the runaway prince was but a boy, an orphan. His own fur rose down his spine tail lashing behind him for a second before falling still standing out from behind him. As the youth questioned his loyalty his mind cringed, he had said to much talked to fast. After all who was he to question Kovas loyalty?

"My loyalty you ask?" he forced his voice to be calm and his fur to lay down as he watched her turning away. "I have non, I have no loyalty for a wolf I have never seen nor met. My loyalty lies with the king and his choices." He glared at her, his eyes turning cold "and for his family who he should need so much, where are they?" He questioned her knowing that she properly would have no answer therefore he spoke again "Let me tell you where they are, gone or dead. Like leaves in an autumn wind blowing away before you have a chance to catch them." An anger burned in him and he did not know why.

Making a sound somewhat in between a snarl and a sneeze he looked back towards the way he had come. The Pale Youths Name and origin remained a mystery as she answered his question. And he could see why as their little encountered had turned in to a somewhat less pleasant one. Perhaps it was better to move on and leave this failed conversation behind. Shaking his head lightly he returned focus to the Pale youth "I angered you, for that I am sorry" The words left his lips with no true feeling behind them, and honestly right now he saw no reason to patch up what he had ruined. "Though if you do intend to keep on looking for the Runaway Prince please tell him that Gent is awaiting his return. For some reason the King believe he will return to his mother’s land." He stopped talking for a moment as he wondered if he had given to much information to the stranger, but decided he had given her only the necessary. ”But perhaps you should worry more about yourself Ghost, and less about others." he said calling her Ghost and referring to her current shape.

"Talking." IT.  

Inactive No Rank
Karina Baranski
Time to wrap up!

Karina was completely taken aback by the man’s response. Loyalty was the most revered trait among the River wolves; if she had accused a packmate of being disloyal the conversation would by now have come down to blows. Instead, the man admitted easily to being completely bereft of loyalty. It was such an unnatural response that it made the girl’s spine tingle.  He even added a little flair of poetry at the end of his speech, which felt inappropriate and flippant considering he was talking about his own pack’s deceased alpha. Her eyes widened as she again took in his appearance—his colorless pelt and coppery eyes, so light that they appeared red in their dimly illuminated surroundings. He could easily have been the monster from a small child’s scary story, and the likeness put her even more on edge.

He then did the most surprising thing of all: he apologized. Karina’s nervousness morphed into confusion as the stranger took the conversation in a completely different direction. He asked her to deliver a message to the boy that moments ago he had claimed no devotion for, going so far as to use the word please. Her brows knitted together as a return apology for her animadversion spilled out of her mouth. “I—I’m sorry too, for questioning your loyalty. In the River, loyalty to family and loyalty to pack are one in the same, since we believe pack is family. I see now that’s not the case in.. other packs.” Karina stopped speaking abruptly once she realized she had revealed her allegiance to a pack that was most decidedly not in Gent’s good graces. It was time to go.

She went to make a hasty exit, but the stranger’s final words of advice caused her to hesitate. The expression on her face as she looked over her shoulder to meet his gaze was one of profound sadness. What a harsh life he must have led, to think he was doing her a favor with skewed wisdom like that. “If I stopped caring for others, I would be less than a ghost.” I would be like you. “..If Kova does return to his mother’s land, please tell him the runaway princess is awaiting him.” That would have to serve for a farewell; now that Karina had revealed her entire identity, she knew it was too dangerous to stick around. The next wolf the Crest man ran into might be someone who was looking for her, and she wanted to be very far away when he sent her pursuer in her direction. The child disappeared into the trees as fast as her weary legs could carry her, fleeing from ghosts and monsters both real and imagined.