(See All?) Announcements
574 Users Online
Google, Bing

i'm no good at this — Frog Chirp Creek 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Becca who has 285 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Deacon
RE: Deacon, you accidentally skid into a tree after slipping on some ice. || For @Amaryllis

Things had been silent for Deacon lately. He knew of a commotion about a female, Oula, returning but he mostly kept to himself. The dark lad spoke mostly with @Nineva to see how she was doing. He hadn't spoke to Yvly recently but figured he should make time to go do such. She had been there for him multiple times already, the least he could do was check up on her.

The male wished for some more alone time first, though. A stroll through the pack lands and maybe a little further wouldn't hurt. Winter seemed to be here and there was little to do besides keep each other warm and safe. His large, dark form was easily visible to those looking. He would be a dark contrast against the ivory ground. But these woods seemed quiet. The only things watching him were likely the birds and any other creatures not tucked away from the grip of winter.

He realized he had slipped out from the borders of the Hollow and promised to himself he wouldn't be gone long. A simple trip to the nearby creek would be enough for him, for today at least. When he came upon it, the water had frozen over. A nice sheet of ice shimmered in what light was provided. For some reason, Deacon felt the urge to mess with ice. Perhaps walk on it or break it. He had never really partaken in such jollifications. He was slow at first. A few steps out and he could have sworn he had the hang of it. His large dark paws gently struggled to move across the creek. Some places on the ice were sleeker than others. Just as he was about to make it the other side he found himself slipping. And in no way was Deacon a graceful man. All it took was the minor mess up. His front paws met the snow on the other side of the creek, his head met the bottom of a tree, and his back legs laid sprawled out behind him. All that could be heard was a gentle whine.
have you checked out my player preferences?
Played by Silvia who has 164 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Amaryllis Azalea
The snow was something Amaryllis enjoyed so she had decided to go for a small walk to talk in the sights that winter brought with it. The land was peacefully quiet, her paws sinking slightly into the snow beneath her. She knew her light pelt, while not truely any where near the colour of snow yet thick now for winter, would make most wolves skip over her when they were glancing around the snow topped area.

But the peace was interrupted when Amaryllis heard the whine and her heart skipped a beat. It sounded like someone be might hurt so she turned towards the noise and as she moved towards it, she saw a dark figure sprawled out underneath a tree, seemingly unmoving.

She recognised the boy. He was the newest addition to Grizzly Hollow, though his name was avoiding her right now. Regardless, she scrambled down the snowy bank and carefully finding a not very wide part of the creek, managed to cross without any incident.

He must have been trying to skate on it. she thought.

Up close, she could see that he was breathing now and that relieved quite a bit of tension in her chest but she was still worried. If he had hit his head... But he was breathing and a careful inspection of his head made her note that though there would be a bump, there was no blood. Though the snow would help his sore head, she didn't want him to stay laying in the snow as he was. Despite the heavy snow, she had noticed a small clearing not far back that was sparsely covered so that would do for now.

"Let's get you up slowly and out of the snow hey?" She gently licked his muzzle, having noticed that he at least appeared very dazed from the sudden hit. Better try wake him up and see if he could move alright for a few steps at least before making judgement. "Silly boy, trying to skate on ice." She teased lightly as she lowered herself down and offers her shoulder for him lean on, trying to lighten the mood for both herself and the boy. Though, she hoped it wasn't any worse then him being dazed. Head wounds could always be a touchy thing. But the youth would - should- be fine as long as he got up in the next few moments.
(This post was last modified: Jan 01, 2017, 04:53 AM by Amaryllis.)
[Image: ama_sig_by_becuffin-db825cv.png]
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
Shallow water has trapped several fish in a small pond. Hunt Opportunity
Deacon
@Amaryllis sorry for the wait!
tiny dots on an endless timeline

Everything was so groggy. He just wanted to lay here for a little while longer. Maybe once the ringing in his ears and the dizziness stopped. Perhaps if he just closed his eyes everything would feel better...

"Let's get you up slowly and out of the snow hey?"

The dark male still wasn't very keen on getting up, though. But there was a gentle lick to his muzzle. Was it Nineva? Only she really greeted him in such kind gestures (granted sometimes she could be a little rough on him). He partially opened his eyes to peer upwards at whoever this wolf may be. It wasn't a face he couldn't put a name to very well. Granted he did just hit his head on a tree.

"Silly boy, trying to skate on ice."

How did she know? Had she been watching him the whole time? Deacon felt her get closer, though. Her shoulder offered as support and he had no option but to take it. It took a few moments but eventually he was on his paws. She was very small he decided. So this certainly wasn't Nineva. The scars on her face like that were also a giveaway that it wasn't Yvly. "Th-thank you." It was all he could offer her, for now."I'm sorry b-but I can't seem to remember your name, everything is a little dizzy and groggy.." He openly frowned as his voice grew almost sad.

Played by Silvia who has 164 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Amaryllis Azalea
Chuckling at his words as he spoke, she kept her shoulder steady for him, despite their size difference. At least he had managed to get to his feet and was talking, despite the stuttering over his words. That was a good sign, though she would keep a close eye on him over the next few days regardless.

"My name is Amaryllis sweetie," She almost laughed at how his tone took on a slightly sadder tone though she simply licked her lips to distract herself and not allow the laugh to fall from her lips. "But feel free to call me Lily if you wish. I know it rolls off the tongue easier. And what's yours? I can't keep calling you sweetie." She teased him lightly as she set the pace so that they were walking slowly, especially as they went over the small section of ice again. "Careful now, take it slow and careful." She instructed him, stepping onto the ice and praying she didn't fall either and take the boy down with her. The ice appeared thick enough to hold both their weight but Amaryllis kept an eye on it regardless.

Once they make it over to the other side, she'd direct him up and over the bank, leading him the last few feet towards the clearing she had in mind so she could check him over properly.
[Image: ama_sig_by_becuffin-db825cv.png]
Deacon
The tone of her laughter hurt his head but he didn't have the heart to tell her to stop it. While he wished he had, who was he to stop someone from enjoying whatever they could about this terribly awful moment?

He stuck to her like glue. "L-Li-Lily." He was off to a rough start but he got the name out. "You could keep c-calling me that. But my name i-is Deacon." His bright eyes looked downwards as they walked across the ice. Deacon worried his paws would slip out from underneath him but his claws gripped the best they could. It also helped that the weight of this smaller Lily woman was there for him to lean on. It wasn't much but it was something, and that was better than nothing.

"Wh-what were you doing out here?" He was curious how she had ended up out here at the same time as his accident. The dark male wasn't upset about that, though, he felt a little blessed someone had been so close by. Who knew what could have happened to him had he decided to just lay in that snow until he felt better? He could have frozen in the snow and ice, simply perished without a word.