(See All?) Announcements
689 Users Online
Bing, Google

changing to stone as you wept from falling
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Rachel who has 545 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Ruiko Tainn
Ruiko had lost track of the time since he had parted from Vlarindara, but his thoughts were haunted by her more and more as the days passed. There was no fondness that arose when his mind switched to the delicate ivory she-wolf, yet there was a surge of protectiveness; she was his, and together, once Swift River was back to its former glory, they would form a pack their pack. Even so, as each day passed, the hefty male realized she had yet to seek him out as well. Finally, as the evening began to settle upon the lands of Relic Lore, and a crisp fall breeze crept along the Tainn’s spine, Ruiko’s paws lead him to the borders of Grizzly Hollow.

This visit was long overdue, and as tempted as the regal male was to tilt his muzzle back and howl a declaration of his claim over Vlarindara, he remained unsettled and quiet; for evening had drawn near, and while Ruiko was ruthless, he was at least polite. There was no need to draw any wolf from their bed should they not have been up, and he could just as easily wait in this area until one of the Hollow wolves did a sweep of the borders come light of day.

Settling to his haunches, the large male cast his bright eyes to the evening sky, noting the way the stars sparkled dimly in the inky night. Light clouds rolled over head, signifying that showers were likely to occur. Still, Ruiko Tainn did not stir from his spot. He had come for Vlarindara, and he was about about to leave until his presence had been noted.
Played by Switch who has 688 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall
<blockquote>It made little sense how worn out she was, and how her body could only sleep for hours, if that at a time. She'd grown accustomed to sleeping frequently, and in great lengths when carrying the pups, and also attending to them in the first months. Now with Borden gone, sleep just didn't seem to find her like it once had.

Eyes pop open to the dark setting, and jaws stretch in a groggy yawn. She stretched her neck, eyes slowly adjusting to see four slumbering pups. She wants to stay, but already awake she quietly, and most carefully guides her paws around growing paws, and tails. Head peeks above the small crest, and eyes scan the territory. She can't tell where Raigo or Elettra are, but have a feeling they are somewhere close resting or in hiding, standing guard. She crawls out the rest of the way, comtemplating what to do with the free hours she had now. A walk is her first thought, and didn't seem like a bad idea. Since Trisden had taken a liking to border patrol, she liked to reinforce the invisible boundries where the pup had been.

Stretching in a bow she lingers, ear cast back to the mouth of the den. No one stirs, and she quietly treads to the edge of Grizzly Hollow.

Nothing was out of the oridnary as she starts her trek, letting her nose guide her. Short lengths she found the little traces of Trisden, and diligently marked it till her scent was more prominent. The cool breeze mingles with her fur, and further wakes her senses. Her pace is nothing quick nor slow, as time does not matter too much now in the calm of night. She follows the familiar line, but something is different on the breeze coming her way. Fur slightly rises, and she takes a second to really inhale the out of place aroma. First there is a wisp of Corinna, male, followed by the river, and more scents she has not come across. Puzzled, and concerned a tall ridge of gray threads rises down the back of her skull, all the way down her spine. Her body stiff she strides forward with head, and tail raised proudly. She struggles to figure out who might just be here, in the night but after walking several yards she spots a large male, his golden eyes bright orbs. She halts caught by surprise. <b>"Ruiko?"</b></blockquote>

<i>should not type on my phone..</i>
(This post was last modified: Sep 21, 2011, 04:39 AM by Jaysyek.)
[Image: 9Py9751.png]
Inactive Deceased
Ruiko Tainn
The evening clouds rolled in to the night, and ever resilient, the golden male sat in his silence, his watchful gaze studying the surrounding land. Borden had chosen the home for his pack well; the tall trees offered protection against the harshness of the elements, while also giving shelter from the wayward predator. Despite the blanket of leaves overhead, spatters of rain still fell through, and soon enough the regal wolf’s pelt was dampened by mother nature’s watering of the earth.

The breeze quickened as the evening progressed, and soon the showers stopped. Bending his muzzle down, Ruiko cleans the wet of his fur, oblivious to the way his pelt spiked up haphazardly as it begins to dry. Giving himself a light shake, the River wolf was about to stretch out across the mossy ground when a flash of ivory caught his bright gaze. Stiffening, it was only when the familiar figure of Jaysyek seemed to melt from the shadows did the hefty male relax, and in turn, bow his muzzle down in respect to her rank and land as she spoke his name. “Jaysyek,” he murmured, the corner of his lips twitching at the hint of a roguish grin. “I hope you’re faring well.” There was a brief pause as Ruiko studied her, curious as to what Vlarindara had said about their agreement. Curious as to if she had said anything at all, actually.

“Forgive my late night visit, but I’m here to see Vlarindara. She told you of our arrangement, did she not?” It seemed surreal to him, to talk to openly about such a thing; he had yet to truly mention the she-wolf’s name to anyone, let alone dwell on the possibilities that lay between them. There were no feelings involved, which was what perhaps made it blissful to him in a way; if his heart was not involved, it could no longer be trampled.
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall
<blockquote>The ridge of hair slowly leveled back to place, and she blinked twice because her brain was trying to comprehend why Ruiko was here of all places. Especially the mixture of scents among his coat. A single ear twist in his direction, and she tries to smile but ends up opening and closing her mouth. This isn't an unpleasant surpise, just unusual. The high tail dips a degree, as he hopes she's been well. She rolls her shoulders, <b>"I've been better,"</b> she answers, a hint of dark humor to her light tone while her right lip rises in a sort of half smile before going straight. She doesn't think about the wrong, or right of her life. She's rather curious if something is wrong in the river pack, or Relic Lore. There has to be a reason for his visit, and quietly she waits hoping he intended to tell her. In the short moment of silence her unmatched eyes linger to his tawny coat seeing he looks in good shape. Bad news is what she is prepared to here. This year was full of bad news for her.

She goes to open her mouth to speak, but he beats her to it. What he says in this sentence is a bit more mind blowing than him standing here in the late hour. Her ears flatten, and lip twitches in dislike at the white wolf's name. Quickly she collects herself, smoothing her pale features, and letting her ears prick forward once more. <b>"Vlar? No, sorry, I never heard her speak of you,"</b> and it was the truth. If the white wolf had mentioned Ruiko she would have remembered it. Her thick tail raised once more, and she continued to say,<b>" But I haven't seen her for some time now. She disappeared <i>again</i>, a few months ago. Quite frankly if I see her again, she won't be getting a warm welcome from me."</b> The irritation was clear in her words, the distaste evident on her tongue, and in her eyes. She had had a hard time trusting Vlar, and once she had what did the lady do? She ran off, magicly reappeared, and than once more left without a word. That was just to much coming and going. Jayse wanted it clear if Vlar did come back she would not be welcome in Grizzly Hollow any more. She'd had her chance to stick around, make things right. Jayse especially didn't appreciate how she'd gone without telling Raigo. She'd thought she was much better than that. And now the news she'd made some arrangement with Ruiko was pretty much the final decision. Then again, Vlar wasn't the only one she'd expected more from, and who was no longer here.

Quiet sigh erupts from her throat. She can't believe she let that all splutter out, and she breaths in the crisp taste of the gone rain stealing a glimpse of the ground. She quietly shifts to her haunches, and looks to his golden eyes. <b>"Is there anything else I can help you with? Is Corinna, and Swift River doing well? "</b> She asks, not trying to pry but more trying to change the subject, thinking it might be better. Offhandly she adds, <b>"Are you well?"</b></blockquote>
Inactive Deceased
Ruiko Tainn
His presence seemed to throw her off; the Jaysyek he knew, however brief their interludes, was usually quicker to respond, and it only dawned upon the regal male how weary the she-wolf looked; she looked almost as frail and worried as Corinna had when he had stumbled upon her in Swift River. Before she even gave her brief answer, a light frown marred the features of the Tainn wolf as he studied her more closely, feeling an ebb of worry for the she-wolf he considered a good acquaintance. Only a very brief smile filtered to her lips before disappearing once more, and Ruiko rocked back slightly on his paws, keeping his thoughts to himself. Perhaps Grizzly Hollow was not doing as well as he had previously assumed.

Even more interested was the leader’s reaction to Vlarindara’s name. At the statement that the she-wolf had vanished once more, a derisive snort escaped the stoical mask of the regal male, and his shoulders lifted in a shrug. It would seem he had chased another female from the lands of Relic Lore. Casting the ragged Hollow wolf a small smirk, he gave a quick shake of his muzzle. “Seems I’ve managed to chase another girl away,” he murmured lightly, his tail giving an idle flick at the disappointment. Yet the disappointment did not stem from Vlarindara’s absence for her.. but more for what she would represent to him. It was a pity, but with his new promise to Corinna, it was for the best now anyway.

Both the tawny wolf’s ears flicker forward briefly at her questions, uncertain to how the two packs sat with one another. Judging from Jaysyek’s curiosity to the well-being of Swift River, he assumed they were on good terms. “Corinna and the pack are better now. I have joined the pack’s ranks once more for a brief period to help them establish themselves once more.” There was a pause, and another small smirk broke past to his lips. “Never better.” Of course, the humorous smirk did not reach his voice, and so the words fell from his jaws without much conviction.
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall
<blockquote><i>sorry for jayse's rambling thoughts </i>
She had no idea what he'd think if she told him Vlar was not the only one who had left. Would he think that reflected she was a bad leader, ironicly something they had talked about at one time. Or would that appear as no importance? The packs hardly crossed paths it probably wasn't significant how one or the other was doing. She herself had only met three of the river wolves. Once she had intended to visit them, that was until she was sure if Ozera saw her again she would die of a panic attack. Jayse just figured it'd be best to just leave them be. Now suddenly with <i>him</i> gone it seemed like a good idea, to check on the distance neighbors, and see if they'd be interested in becoming allies or something like she'd once wanted. Who knew what punch life would throw at her next. She wondered for a brief moment if Ruiko had regained his title as leader of Swift River, but she isn't sure. Eyes do not stray from him, looking for a hint to his tone, or change in his serious mask. They were there, when she'd told him the wolf he seeked had left.

She didn't detect it was a huge hit to him, but from what she knew of the Tainn, he was not one to wear his heart on his sleeves in any way. Lip moved slightly at his smirk, one ear curiuosly twitching at his hushed statement. She'd never thought of a wolf to stand by his side, but than she'd never thought of another's mate in general. By the sounds of it they had not exactly been close. So she did have to wonder the "arrangement" they'd agreed to. That she decided was non of her business.

There was the slighest frown on her lips. <b>"I'm sorry to hear that, but I guess it just goes to show some are just not worth chasing,"</b> she says this in a quiet voice, trying to be indifferent, while not looking at him driectly because she was saying this to herself as well. She felt the sting both ways. Was she not good enough for Borden so he'd left, or was he not worth going after because he'd left?

Thankfully she couldn't think about that, he had her direct attention as he continues, and she hangs on to every word. The pack was better now? He'd joined them to help them? That clearly spoke of some sort of struggle, and she felt a twinge of pain. She'd liked the silver dappled wolf, and her brows furrowed, face etched with concern because to hear someone else is struggling is an injustice. <b>"I'm glad to hear things are on the mend, but something didn't happen to your brother did it?"</b> She asked in the words more of a friend, than as just another wolf. She had known Corinna was not mated to him at the time, but they had been the leading pair, and well quite frankly she couldn't think of something else causing a problem then one leader going missing. She knew those affects straight hand, and they were the worst.

His last answer, it actually made her head lift up, and it was her turn to snort. <b>"I see I'm not the only one who bluffs."</b></blockquote>
Inactive Deceased
Ruiko Tainn
Jaysyek’s words drew a small blink from the male, who’s thoughts that should have strayed to Vlarindara had instead turned to another who, at one point, he had chased. Ranger had been a perfect equal for him; quiet, sound in mind, and she had known how to handle herself. Vlarindara had been more of a convenience; a means to gain something he had wanted. Now, both were gone and Ruiko Tainn was once more living within the borders of Swift River, fulfilling a duty he had given to Corinna. It seemed strange to him that they were both the ones who had been abandoned, and he was not entirely sure if Indru deserved her now. “Is there anyone worth chasing?” His words rumbled lowly, but not without curiosity to them. A sardonic statement, it was not meant as such; just a simple inquiry to whether or not the pale she-wolf before him actually believed in love.

The Hollow leader’s concern was a curious thing to the Tainn male; the two packs must have been on good terms for her to care about the River pack’s well-being. Ruiko had always believed Jaysyek to have a kind heart, but once more she revealed it to him. “Indru was attacked. He is healing just fine now.” His tone was stoical; indifferent almost. His worry for his brother held his tongue at bay, and yet Ruiko still did not understand why the male had journeyed so far from the River territory to begin with. It seemed irresponsible.

His companion’s snort drew his gaze to her, and very briefly the male studied the ivory queen’s strange gaze. Her eyes were a beautiful thing, and yet so different. He had never seen bi-toned eyes before. “I was never much of an actor,” he conceded with a wry smirk. “But what of your troubles?”
(This post was last modified: Oct 10, 2011, 05:56 PM by Ruiko.)
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall
<blockquote>Pale head lowered, and she felt that burn in her throat when he placed the quiet question. She did not think about her answer, it just came out. <b>"I honestly don't know. I use to believe there was, but life keeps telling me otherwise."</b> She finished with a weak smile. Though there was nothing happy about it. Sure, who didnt' want to believe in true love? It made her distraught to think it didn't exist, because what did that mean for her children? They would never love, or be loved like that? Even after her own doubts, she could not fully believe it was non-existant. Maybe it just wasn't for everyone, or harder to find than she had once thought. 

Thoughts shifted, as he answered her. Jaysyek was never a self centered creature. Caring too much was probably a fault of hers, but she could not help but worry about others who in small ways had touched her heart. Cori had actually helped her out, and though she had not seen her again she considered the gray female a friend. Brows touched significantly, and she drew in a long breath, slowly letting it out. <b>"Attacked? I had no idea."</b> She could not say more for a second slighty spooked by this source of information,especially after what had happened to Alexander. She hesitated momentarily to ask, but had to know.<b>"It.....was not a wolf was it?"</b> She was deeply concerned not only for Swift River, but now worried about the possibility something dark was lurking in Relic Lore she did not quite notice Ruiko's lack of concern for his brother. If something or someone was on the loose it could explain some things.  <b>"You know if he needs anything, my second is a very knowledgable medic,"</b> she added in case his wounds proved worse.

She stared back into his golden eyes, unsure like most times what was behind them. Once again she tried to smile at his remark, but her lip only flinched, failing to do what she wanted when he posed a different kind of question. He'd been honest with her, and she felt inclined to be the same. <b>"Well, I keep telling myself it could be worse, and half of me is afraid it will be,"</b> she confided to the tawny male. She gently cleared her throat, <b>"My pack has lost some members, and...I've lost not only my eldest son, but my....<i>mate</i> has abandoned us."</b> She had found Borden's scent and it had led from Relic Lore. Months now passing she felt he' d left without so much as a thought of any he was leaving behind. Eyes blinked, holding tears she had yet to let fall. She was too stubborn to let them, she'd wasted too many on <i>him</i> any way. She slighty sniffed, not being able to meet his eyes. </blockquote>
(This post was last modified: Oct 13, 2011, 03:52 AM by Jaysyek.)
Inactive Deceased
Ruiko Tainn
The bitterness and indifference that had graced his tone regarding the topic of soul mates seemed to hush away from the male as the pale girl dipped her muzzle in response. He swallowed the sudden lump that formed in his throat as Jaysyek answered, words that seemed to hold back a world of pain all in their own meaning. Ruiko too lowered his muzzle, his gaze softened upon the she-wolf, though he held himself back from moving forward to embrace her, to soothe her pain. His sudden desire to do so was an emotion that was not common with him, and for the moment he bit his bitter tongue, not wishing to stir the pain within her any more. “I apologize, Jaysyek. That comment was uncalled for.”

The dove’s concern for his brother would have been touching, had the regal wolf not still been so concerned with why his brother had traveled so far with a litter so young. “I believe the attackers were a small group of wolves – obviously enough to overpower him. It was just outside of Relic Lore, and there have been no signs of them here as of yet. Just in case, though, I would recommend you keep your pack closer to the borders.. You never know what dangers lurk out there.” It was not an ominous message in intent, but one of simple warning. He had not met the attackers, and while no sign of them had appeared within their home since Indru’s attack, that did not mean they were lurking elsewhere.

Even more troublesome to the male was the words of his companion as she spoke them. Her missing son. Her missing mate. It occurred to the tawny Tainn that perhaps the same group of wolves had come across her two family members, but it was unlikely. The thought that Borden would leave his family and mate was just another dig to the thoughts of love; they were inconsistent, if not unrealistic. “I’m sorry, Jayse,” he murmured, his muzzle dipping down lightly. “If there is anything I or Swift River can do, let me know.”
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall
<blockquote>It was a rare thing she decided to witness the stoic male in regret. She did not blame him for her emotion, nor thought ill of him for stating such things. Her shoulders shrugged at best, much wishing to let it pass. <b>"No harm Ruiko, it's not the first time the thought has crossed my mind."</b> This time she managed a soft smile to lift her face, showing she was no way offended, though slightly touched to hear an appoligy. She knew she should probably withdrew in herself, put her defenses around her least when he should bid her fairwell. She couldn't return home in a weakened state of sorrow.

Soft ears pointed to him, and she felt the back of her neck prickle, uneasy, as he explained in small details what he knew. Body tensed, and she couldn't help but take a glance of the familiar forest. A group of wolves to attack a single one...she was surprised his brother was alive, not to mention had made it back. <b>"I'll heed your advice,"</b> she said already knowing she would share this news with Elettra, and Raigo. She tried not to let the idea of what could happen shake her, but it was hard to put her mind at ease because it would be another worry to the list.

Lips twitched in response to his words, but it was neither frown nor smile just a motion unknowing what to say. When he asked might be anything he or Swift River could do she took a quiet moment, studying him with a soft gaze. There was something about the Tainn she had admired, and felt he was true, and most sincere in his words. <b>"You offer is very kind, but I think if nothing else happens we'll make it through winter unscathed."</b> She did not mention she was counting on Raigo, and Elettra keeping their loyalty, but she felt they were a family now there could be no reason for them to disappear like everyone else. Who knew what else winter would bring, she was starting to have to expect the unexpected. It was still good in knowing that if she need she could turn to the tawny male, even Swift River if times became worse. <b>"I hope you know, I would offer the same to you, and your family."</b> She added, knowing it might not be much in her position.</blockquote>