Bing, Google

tempting aromas — Nightingale Palisade 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Jacqueline who has 783 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Anyone is very welcome to join, but specifically @Sylva :D

Demonstration post 1/6
It had just turned midday by the time that Lorcan had decided to leave the peaceful security of the Whitestone Monadnock territory in search of useful flora to store away in the pack’s medicinal cache. He had spent the last few weeks within or close to the his new home territory, but now he felt confident enough to explore a little further afield. He had headed in a South-West direction when he had first set off on his journey, with no idea that he would arrive at the ravine where he stood now, standing cautiously atop the ridge of the steep slope that lead down to a raging river at its base.

Golden eyes scanned the area for movement, aware that he was in unknown territory and not wanting to walk into any trouble. After a while, after nothing had caught his attention, Lorcan settled his rear down to sit atop the ridge calmly and raised his head upwards to catch the cool snaking breeze that drifted through the deep crevasse of the ravine, black nostrils flaring as he inhaled the scents that were carried in the air. Amongst the scent of water, dirt and damp grass a particular scent caught his attention. It was one he recognised to belong to a certain species of flora - Yarrow. He let out a small chuff of excitement as he breathed the scent in again and gazed down the steep slope, through the sparse area of trees and to the rapid river below. Somewhere down there was a treasure to be found, it was just a case of finding it.

Salmon pink tongue swept gingerly across his lips in attempt to reassure himself, before his paws hit the ground once more as he began his descent down the ravine in search of the plant.
(This post was last modified: Aug 21, 2016, 05:52 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
sometimes, two people have to fall apart to realise
how much they need to fall back together
Played by Brian who has 259 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Sylva Riverflow

The gentle rush of the river had lured Sylva back out into the Palisade merely a day later then her encounter with Asken, something about the area was so peaceful and serene, not to mention all of the various herbs that had grown locally, herbs perfectly situated to keep her pack safe and healthy. With the pups growing quickly and her war to purge the more deadly plants that lurked within the heart of White Fir Notch almost completed, it was nice to come trotting out here in the warm sunlight to gather fresh herbs.

A soft hum escaped the ebony yearling’s maw as she kept her muzzle pointed toward the ground. She had come to catch the fragrant scent of Pineapple Weed and now it was simply a matter to collect it and add it to her growing hoard. Herb gathering was meticulous and had to be timed so that the plants more prone to wilting and losing their potency could be gathered in fresh abundances to slowly replace the old.

She paused for a moment as the scent became stronger, her tail wagging as she gave a triumph and loud yip as she plunged into a nearby bush head first. Her furry hindquarters sticking out as she squeezed and maneuvered herself toward the herb, beginning to nip gently at the stems of the small cluster “Shhh, come with me, I have a new home for you.” She whispered as she worked.

ThoughtDialogue
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Demonstration post 2/6
Large paws were placed cautiously with every step, Lorcan took particular care not to slip or slide down the steep slope of the ravine as he made his way slowly towards the area of sparse trees and shrubs that grew closer to the raging wrath of the river below. He kept head high, his black nostrils still flaring as he trailed after the scent of the yarrow plant that he could detect in the air. Carefully he moved down the slope, weaving through the trees and shrubs as he trailed the scent, trotting from left to right in a snaking motion to narrow in on the plant’s location within the terrain. Salmon pink tongue swept eagerly across his lips, the scent was getting stronger, and so he must have been nearing closer to the item he desired. His head craned down, muzzle lowering to hover just above the ground as he traipsed closer to the tall shrubs and grasses that dotted the immediately area.

He had only just planted his muzzle into a lush area of foliage when a loud yip caused him to stop his investigations immediately. Someone was here. His fur bristled, irritated that he had been disturbed just when he had come so close to finding what he had been search for. A small growl rumbled in his throat. He couldn’t ignore the others presence, not without knowing if they were a threat or not – and so, with a shake of his head in annoyance, Lorcan turned away from the foliage he had just started to rummage through and instead followed his nose towards the scent of the other wolf. Soon enough his eyes fell upon the dark figure of the female. He remained silent, as he crept up behind her, sniffing the air for clues.. She didn’t smell like a loner, so he presumed her to be a pack wolf – maybe from one of pack’s Craw had indicated about when they had first encountered. He moved in closer still, golden eyes trying to peer over her shoulder into the foliage “What are you doing?” He questioned, his tail flicking behind him curiously.
(This post was last modified: Aug 21, 2016, 05:52 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
Sylva Riverflow

The girl paused, her maw opened and pressed against the flower’s stem,. Ready to sever it when she heard it speak, she pulled her muzzle away before looking directly at the PIneapple weed “Well...i’m..um.. I’m harvesting you to bring back to my den so that i can sort you by how fresh you are and then place you with the other collected herbs that are within that category so that you can be used before you lose you potenc….” The words quickly faded as she carefully sniffed the air and realized that someone was near by, she turned slowly, finding a large wolf looming over her, the first thing that came to her mind was questioning why all the large wolves around the palisade liked to loom over her!?

After a few moments of awkward silence the small yearling realized that it had to have been the other wolf that had spoken and she blinked slowly “Oh um...h-hi sir, i was just harvesting the Pineapple Weed to bring back to my den so that I can sort it by how fresh it are and then place them with the other collected herbs that are within that category so that it can be used before the potency of how effective it is diminishes as it rots away”

ThoughtDialogue
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Practice post 2/6
Golden eyes squinted, as he stood there in silence behind the young female, shifting his weight between his left and right paws as he tried to peer past her small frame, too curious and impatient to calmly wait for a response to his question. A single white brow raised as he watched her and listened to her mumble a long detailed response, enthralled by the fact that she too was searching for herbs but all the while puzzled as to why she had not bothered to turn around to even face him. From where he was standing, which was dangerously close, he could tell that she was much smaller in size than himself – along with the fact that they had never crossed paths before, why would she brazenly continue to talk without even checking who she was talking to? He tilted his head to the side, thinking back over what she had said.

“ –I’m harvesting you–“

Oh dear. He took a single step back, bemused and waited for realisation to hit her.. which it did after a moment or two. An awkward silent clung in the air, to which Lorcan shuffled on his paws awkwardly, his gaze diverting to one side as if it would hide him from the situation, before his ear flickered up to listen to the same explanation that she had already offered – although this time it was directed at him. His ears fell flat against his head awkwardly as he finally allowed his golden gaze to meet the young female’s face, a half grimace-half smile tugged at his charcoal black lips. “I can’t argue with your methods, they sound very logical to me..” He responded sincerely, however awkward this conversion was, he couldn’t hide that he was impressed by her technique. He paused, still trying to get a glimpse of the flora she had been collecting. “You said you were harvesting ‘Pineapple Weed’?” He questioned, unsure of the name. “I’ve never heard of it.” He breathed, frowning at the idea that there was a plant that he had been completely unaware of.
(This post was last modified: Aug 26, 2016, 12:09 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
Sylva Riverflow
{ooc} Sorry for the wait Lorcan! FIanly able to get back into the swing of things[/b]

Sylva looked up at the man, now realizing how close he had gotten to her, mentally berating herself for getting so absorbed in what she had been doing. Dang it Sylva! He coulda hurt us…. Thought it was fairly obvious that the larger wolf wasn’t hostile, at least not yet. Ears perking forward at his question, The ebony female nodded quickly, a small grin tugging at the corners of her own muzzle. “Yea, Pineapple Weed, it’s useful for infections and fevers.” As she spoke, she shifted to the side so that the herb could be seen, gesturing toward the clump of green stems, rising up a few inches off the ground before ending in fuzzy green spheres.

The Yearling paused for a moment, debating on rather or not to explain the plant more, she didn’t want to offend the stranger or come across as trying to be a know it all or simply thinking he was ignorant, but she also wanted him to know about the plant, it was clear he had a small interest in it so she picked her words carefully “I-it has other uses too, my alpha used it frequently after she gave birth, though I’m still learning what else it may serve a purpose in aiding..I’m still learning a good bit about herbs in general.”

ThoughtDialogue
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Practice post 4/6
Pineapple Weed – useful for infections and fevers.

White brows raised in surprise, and he tilted his head with a smile as he eyed her grinning at him. When the smaller female shifted aside to allow him to peer past her slender frame, Lorcan nodded before slowly approaching a step or two closer so that his neck leant over her shadowy figure as he viewed the new plant for the first time. There, laying on the ground was a pile of yellow acorn-shaped flowers with thin short stems which adorned fine pine-like leaves. It certainly looked peculiar and was nothing like any of the plants he had seen before. Plus, its small size probably made it difficult to spot in amongst the other foliage that surrounded it, no wonder it had previously skipped his notice until now.

“Huh. I don’t know what I imagined, but that wasn’t it.” He chuffed, before flashing a warm smile at the young girl and taking a few steps back to allow her some space. When the young female mentioned that her alpha also used the plant after parturition, Lorcan’s russet ears perked up in interest. Perhaps it would be of use to Morganna? Although his own alpha seemed to be doing fine from what he could tell. Either way it wouldn’t hurt to learn more about it and pick the brains of the girl, besides, from what he could tell she was also an aspiring herbalist much like him. “Do they always have those yellow flowers on them?” He asked, hinting at his own interest in healing as his brows raised in question. Quietly, Lorcan set himself down neatly at a respectful distance away, tail flicking in interest as he waited to hear what information she had to share.
(This post was last modified: Aug 26, 2016, 12:09 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
Sylva Riverflow

Sylva blinked slowly as the male wolf moved away from her, a question perched upon his lips. She found herself in an unusual position, someone asking her for knowledge. The ebony yearling settled down where she stood, the pineapple weed situated behind her as she thought the question over for a moment, her tongue rolling out the side of her mouth and hanging there as she closed her eyes, deep in thought as she raked over the information inside of her mind.

“Let’s see…” She paused as she blinked open her soft brown gaze, looking Lorcan over “First off, name’s Sylva, as for staying yellow, well i mean when it’s nice and healthy it will, but as it ages or decays it would brown and wilt like other herbs do, a good sign of when one is losing it’s potency when the leaves are browning.”

@Gent’s lessons were recalled with ease as Sylva parroted his words “It’s really useful this time of year, with puppies being born and it’s a great substitute for a fever if there no Hellebore or Yarrow around. Her tail thumped against the ground as she spoke, it felt nice, being able to share and pass on what she was leaning toward others, maybe one day Her dream could be realized, to build up a connection between all of the healers in the region, greatly increasing the survival of everyone.

ThoughtDialogue
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Practice post 6/6
When the young female offered him her name, Lorcan dipped his head in greeting and a warm smile grew wide across his charcoal lips as he listened carefully as she explained to him how the herb turned brown as it decayed, and thus the colour signified it as less useful to an aspiring healer such as himself. “I see, that would make sense actually.” Lorcan breathed, as he pondered over more questions which were now clustering his head, before suddenly realising his rudeness in not returning his name. “I’m Lorcan. I take it you are a healer as well?” He asked, his head tilting to one side in curiosity.

In a brief moment of silence, Lorcan’s golden eyes studied the dark girl’s face carefully, trying to catch her warm chocolate gaze, hoping to grab her attention to ask another question. His glimpse went unnoticed it seemed, as Sylva continued to pour out information, which Lorcan couldn’t really complain about as what she told him was, in fact, just the sort of thing he had hoped to find out. The male gave a small nod as she mentioned the plant was useful during birth, but his brows quickly furrowed as he grew confused, although he continued to listen to the information that followed. “It was yarrow I was searching for out here actually.” He remarked, before asking another question to clear his confusion. “So.. How exactly can it help with pups being born?” He asked, wondering how it could be of using during the mirabilia of childbirth. "And.. would you mind showing me where I could get some? I'd hate to go back home empty-handed." Lorcan asked, hoping that Sylva wouldn't mind sharing some of the plant with him.
(This post was last modified: Aug 26, 2016, 12:12 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
Sylva Riverflow

“Lorcan…” The yearling repeated the name quietly to herself after ti was spoken, her brown gaze looking the man over as she tried to memorize how he looked and smelled so if the need ever arose she’d be able to recall him exactly. Her ears perked forward as Yarrow was mentioned and she nodded to his questions, pausing to think it over.

“I am yea...I want to keep my pack safe and healthy, especially with all the poisonous plants laying in ambush for an unsuspecting puppy to stumble across…” There was a small mix of pride in Sylva’s grin as her tail thumped against the ground as she thought over his next question, trying to recall the information. “Uh...let’s see...I’m not sure exactly how it help..it’s..just chooses to I guess…” She hadn’t really questioned the inner workings of the herbs she dealt with and now she paused, finding ti somewhat irksome that it had never crossed her mind to ask, though whom she had thought to ask, the plants themselves or @Gent remained a mystery.

After a few moments of quietly scowling at herself, Sylva snapped out of it….right there was another wolf here, her short attention span getting the best of her as she tried to quickly cover up the fact that she had literally forgotten that Lorcan was there. “Would you like me to show you where you can find some?” His last statement hadn’t been heard by the oblivious girl “It grows in damp places and sometimes along trails, so I hunt for it near rivers.”

ThoughtDialogue
(This post was last modified: Sep 08, 2016, 04:25 PM by Sylva.)