(See All?) Announcements
543 Users Online
Google, Bing

she hates me — Drooping Willows 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Switch who has 389 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall
@Nicolò  and this has some mature language.
Renier Lyall
In a trap, a trip I can't grip

The ground was familiar beneath his feet. The trails he'd walked, the places he had often looked upon laid out before him. But it was the air of the Ridge that hit his nose the hardest for it was both sweet and bitter. It lacked the scent of Skoll and Angier, and it made him fear what else had transpired in his absence. Was Angier alive? Where had Skoll gone now? If his stomach wasn't already knotted by this, there was still something familiar enough to make his throat tighten. Make him hesitate again, question if he could even live here again.

The rogue paused, taking it in, letting it hit him before he raised his voice. He sure as hell needed his composure, and his sense for what he was about to do. There was only two ways this could go, he became part of the Ridge again or he didn't.

At least he had told himself this over and over. Trying to be nonchalant. But, there was nothing like the picture of what life could have been to mentally fuck him up for awhile. When there was little he felt sure of like what was up, what was down, and this was hell.

Why he felt his appearance wouldn't be appreciated, he had to know. It was his new life policy. To be sure, without a doubt. Inhaling a long draw of air, he cast his muzzle upward in a howl that requested to speak with the patriarch. Then he did his best to display a slight submissive posture of neutrality and respect.

Played by Lightning who has 168 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Nicolò Archer

Things had calmed but their numbers were dwindling. While there was certainly cause for concern Nicolo felt no need to panic, yet. The only ranking male beneath him was Sven and it had become quite obvious to the reigning king that his nephew would not be going anywhere, especially with his most recent offering in the form of Attica. While he had never actively sought out Hecate to return her to Willow Ridge, in the end it would turn out that would be for the better. Anyone that abandoned their own child, much like Skoll's other common whore didn't deserve such a place among them. Attica would remain with her blood and be safe with them. Aside from Angier, Niles, and Skoll's disappearance, though the final didn't surprise him in the least, Willow Ridge's time had been peaceful since the internal war. He worried about Elettra now that Angier was gone, but no one had come prying into the life of the Archers and Enoki.

A call from the borders, requesting to speak directly with him, interrupted that peace. The dark Archer almost wanted to ignore it, a silent answer that he did not wish to speak with anyone. The borders were heavily marked, clear that they were all still here. Grudgingly, he made his way towards where the call how sounded, his face a perfect mask of neutrality for what was about to come. He did not want to lose his temper much like he had during his encounter with Craw. Nic had moved on to better things. When he arrived, the man took not of Renier's posture and the fact that he did not smell of Morganna at all.

The reigning male had been more than aware of the meeting his darling niece had held while they were still leading together, in an effort to dethrone him. All had attended and none had informed him, making it clear to him how he could trust none of them. It was a shame truly. Already, his opinion of the tawny man was lacking but he was be polite and hear what he had to say. Perhaps it would prove to even benefit towards his amusement. His tail waved above his back, shoulders squared making no move to come any closer towards him. Nic's voice was calm when he spoke, "Renier, what do you want?" What is your business coming back here?

WesternStock @ DA, KYghost @ DA & Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall
Renier Lyall

With a slight tip of his head, he saw the dark figure coming to meet him. They had never spoken before. Only meeting in passing. So the only information he had was what Morganna had told him, but the Lyall didn't think about holding to it too tightly. Renier was more prepared for his past to be held against him.

Looking upon him now, the leading man's face held little indication of his thoughts nor mood of being beckoned. Despite his high tail, and posture marking his position, he seemed set on hearing him out. That was enough. The man wasted no time getting to the point.

"I'm here to request to be part of the Ridge again, and I ask you not to make the decision too hastily," he stated, briefly meeting the pale yellow eyes.

"I understand you may have little want to consider, but I am not the same man who left. Nor am I unwilling to prove it." Right now he didn't care if he had to be the Lowest, or hang out on the borders for months. He wasn't going to easily give up.

"Despite what you may think I don't want to see the Ridge disband any more than you." Why he wanted to ask him about his Uncle, things that had transpired, and Skoll's cub he held back waiting for Nicolo to show him what kind of man he really was.

[Image: ps_sig_by_becuffin-dc2lwrc.png]
Inactive No Rank
Nicolò Archer

Unforgiving eyes pinned onto the Lyall, unwilling to let anything from the past slide without answers. Many things had transpired in the past year that filled with dark Archer with paranoia and anger. He did not want any traitors among his ranks nor did he want any followers of Morganna. Renier's request was almost laughable but the dark king remained silent, searching the tawny man's eyes for any sign of a lie. His next claim came quick and while it did nothing to soothe Nic's suspicions, he knew it was better than a request to be let back into the home that he had deserted. The other man's final point, however, drew Nicolo to full attention. It was probably no mystery that they were low on numbers and they did need new ones, especially on the male side of things. Sven was the only ranking male beneath him, still a yearling, and Nicolo wanted more muscle to back the Ridge up. He assumed that Craw considered them enemies now and he was unsure of how far the man would take their little squabble from before he left.

As usual, he wanted his answers first though. He didn't trust Renier and it would probably be a long time coming before that day would come to be. Pale eyes surveyed the male in front of him, his voice smooth, "Get up." It was a command. His nostrils flared slightly and he let silence reign between them before he continued to speak, "Why are you not with Morganna? It had been his first thought when the tawny man first appeared on the borders not stinking of the manipulative woman. He obviously respected Morganna enough to follow through with her plans and travels. He hadn't remained with them at their lowest. What made him so desperate to return now aside from his previous claims?

Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall
Renier Lyall

His look was harsh, but he seemed to take it all in. Why Ren didn't feel hope in that look, he at least felt thankful the man wasn't laughing at him, casting him aside like another piece of garbage. Nicolo was weighing the options, and the Lyall's words. It was a wise move.

The commanding tone brought him to his full height without hesitation. It was understandable Nicolo would want an explanation, but it didn't make it any easier. The truth was wicked like a knife, and he was going to pull it out again. The rogue wished to be careful in what he said, and how he spoke. He took on a sincere tone, red ears back against his skull."I was here quite a few weeks after they had left, mind you. No one told me they were going. I simply thought, it was her way of trying to make me prove myself all over again. So after much debate I left, with the intention of finding them. Getting to the bottom of it." His conflicting thoughts of those days came back to him. All that time trying to figure it out if she was actually just cutting herself from him, or unsatisfied by his lack of effort, giving him a chance to make up for it. Show her, he had said the truth about being in the puppies' lives.

"When I did they weren't put off. I understood she had chosen Craw to lead this new pack, so I wasn't surprised by that. But, she had her mouthful of a rabbit for the cubs, and I didn't feel she was telling me to back down, nor that I needed to go belly up to join them. She never treated me like that," the image was clear in his head, twisting his stomach. "Craw stepped between us, angry and protective. Then it hit me, those cubs were his, and she was his. It made sense why they hadn't told me they were going. What was I? Nothing to her. Why should I even try to compete?" What would have been the point to fight, or even submit to Craw?

The brute exhaled a long breath, meeting the light colored eyes. "Yeah, I would have followed her any where, done anything for her. But, love is blind. I'm not having trouble seeing these days." Twisted ears, cupped forward, and his eyes were upon the ground. "I thought about those in the Ridge, what they were left with. How they deserved more than that. But I kept my distance, not able to decide if I should attempt to rejoin. Make it all worse.  Then I noticed you and Elettra took in Skoll's pup. I thought maybe you weren't the guy Morganna had painted you to be. What is it they say. The enemy of my enemy is my friend." Why he meant Craw in this, Morganna was not exactly far from it. "I had to find out for myself if there is truth in that."

Inactive No Rank
Nicolò Archer

The dark Archer would be lying if he claimed that there was not a small twig of smugness that ran through him when Renier followed through with his command. For the first time since his arrival at Willow Ridge, Nicolo held the upper paw. He actually wished that Adele was here to witness such an event to ease her mind, but alas, it would not be so. He would hold firm in his resolve and listened as the tawny man spun his tale for the Archer sibling. Pale yellow eyes remained trained on him, searching for any sign of deception. Even though he stayed it did not change that fact that he had eventually run off with his niece to go participate with her new pack. At this, his eyes narrowed, but he remained silent, allowing the other man to continue. The next part of his tale stole his attention and his ears cupped forward as another show that he was paying attention to the details of what the man was saying.

As he continued, it became all too clear as to what his intentions with Morganna were and Nic felt the stirrings of pity for the Lyall. The only wolf that Morganna loved more than herself, was her mother. Renier's claim of Craw did not shock him, comparing the information to their last encounter, Nicolo could easily see the dark man being possessive. Morganna and he made quite the pair. He didn't stop there though, his eyes downcast. He spoke of the child. The Archer could feel his shoulders relax at the mention. Aside from his beliefs, Attica's presence had been a welcome change within Willow Ridge, even if it had only been for a few days. Ren's last words caught his attention though. Yes, politically, this could be good for him. He needed the extra muscle, the only other male in the ranks being Sven.

He weighed over the words in his mind before he responded to the other man, rolling his tongue along the front of his teeth before he responded, voice calm, "I believe you...and yes, I accepted Attica into our ranks. Sven found her all alone and she needs a pack to care for her." Now that her whore of a mother has gone off and disappeared. One thing still bothered him though. "However, if we were to go head-to-head with Morganna's pack right now, which would be fatal, I would need to rely on you. I would need to trust you. Would you be able to fight them? Her?" Nic intentionally sought out the tawny man's eyes. This was a weighing factor. But the fact was, Nicolo needed a Second and even if he didn't trust Renier any time soon, he needed someone who could fight back.

Played by Vami who has 1,026 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer

She heard the call echo, though it had not been for her. It had been for the leading male of the land - for Nicolo. It stung her in some way, to hear now that others were seeking him out and not herself. She supposed in some manner however that it was good others were willing to seek him out, that they were accepting of him. After all, if not her very own brother, then who else? After all, Angier was now missing and both of his sons along with him - Niles and Skoll. The mother realized more and more each day how she missed her boys in her life, though would never shun the affection of Ravenna who yet still remained here in the Ridge, if only for her and her alone.

Still, even if Renier (and of course she could tell who's howl it was) was going to shun her own company, Elettra would not stand to go on without knowing what was happening. So she moves with the wind coming to her, taking in the scent of both Renier and Nicolo so that she may come by and see what this was all about. After all, the Lyall male had left them in what Elettra could only hope and assume was to find Morganna. It was a pair Elettra had always hoped for - Lyall and Archer, a new generation, so familiar as the last in order to step up to the plate as Willow Ridge leaders. A vision which now would never come. Slipping along slowly and carefully, Elettra Archer keeps her distance, keeps low and within the cover of her home land.

Although her nose was not well and needed to have the wind directly coming to her in order to find them promptly, her hearing was still quite well and she took these moments to listen in, having only missed the first half of Renier's explanation. Elettra caught that Craw had run him off, had assumed that Craw was the father of those pups and although Elettra did not make it in time to hear Renier say that the male was leading next to Morganna, Elettra could only assume that this was the case. He wanted to join again, hoping that Nicolo would take him in now that Morganna had not, leaving him behind with old hopes and dreams in the same manner she had left the rest in Willow Ridge.

Although the moment Nicolo spoke about going head to head with Morganna's pack, Elettra's muscles tensed. Was he planning on traveling the miles to fight Morganna's pack? And for what purpose? They were gone now - far gone. Did he plan on gathering an army in order to actually kill her, her children? Elettra's eyes narrowed, though she did not allow herself to jump the gun just yet. Perhaps this was only a 'what if' situation, should Craw, or anyone else, come back here with ill intentions themselves? Her throat finds itself tightening, if only to hold back the growl as she waited for Renier's response.

Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall
Renier Lyall

Nicolo did not seem to hide how the Lyall's tale made him feel. The changes to his facade noticeable. But, he let Ren reach the end. All that was needed, taking a moment to process it all before he spoke. The rogue was relieved by those three little words. I believe you. He had been nothing but sincere and honest and it had paid off. Then the Archer continued in his speech, making it definite he had accepted Attica, as it was a pack she needed. Why Renier did wonder if it was more Sven and Elettra's doing, all that mattered was she would live despite her parents' choices.

But, the leader's next words, his ears twisted back, and his brows crumpled together. Clearly, puzzled. There were pieces missing here. Had Craw threatened @Nicolò? It was one logical explanation he could think of for the leader to ask such a thing. If Craw had, then Ren didn't doubt it was more of a promise to the pale eyed man and the Archer should be worried. Yet, he could only think of one reason why Craw or Morganna would do so. The very things Morganna had told him he Uncle had said. So the dark colored man should want someone who was on his side. Make sure Ren didn't have a problem facing her, him, or their pack. He could have probably laid it on thick to appease Nicolo. Played it just right. Part of him surely wanted to hate Morganna and cause her pain. He doubted she had lost any sleep or sanity over him. But, he didn't believe he could actually hurt her. It wasn't something he was going to bluff about. There would have to be reason.

"Yeah you would need me if all hell broke loose," he agreed matter-of-fact, meeting the man's stare without trepidation. "But, what reason would Morganna have to attack her family? I have no doubt she loves and respects Elettra, and Angier. I don't think she harbors any ill feelings for anyone, but you.." Surely, he had to know this by now. Why Craw could have his own wants, the rogue did not see him doing anything without it being Morganna's will.

Renier took a steady breath, relaxing his muscles intentionally with a shrug. "Which, maybe I'm wrong. Is this just a worse case scenario you're throwing at me?" He titled his head, his gaze less intense. He was trying to understand what Nicolo was getting at. If there was a need to worry, and what else the Lyall didn't know about. "I mean why would you have any reason to fear them? Did they threaten to do so?  The only way I could hurt her or anyone else is for good reason."Again,he spoke with nothing but, the truth. Anticipating Nicolo's response.

Inactive No Rank
Nicolò Archer

He was not aware of Elettra's presence but had she been by his side, it would not have affect anything he asked. Nic's pale yellow eyes flashed in warning to Renier's response. He did not want to be tested. Willow Ridge was in a fragile state and he needed others who wanted to protect it and would be able to against anyone who threatened them. It was the other dark man's turn for interrogation, the confusion obvious in his words of features. The dark Archer had no reason to attack them and it was true. He had gotten what he wanted and there was absolutely no reason to put Willow Ridge in harms way. He allowed the Lyall to finish, wanting to be able to address every point, to lay everything on the table. If he was going to be a part of the Ridge then he needed to know what happened before Craw left and why everything had been so terrible.

His voice was calm when he spoke, but honest, "It could be the worst case but I don't know how much Craw's opinion carries over with Morganna and the rest of the pack. He and I didn't part on the best of terms." He let out a breath, "Needless to say, if they come looking for a fight, I need someone by my side." Pale yellow eyes searched the other man's once more. He did not wish to go into detail of the whole drama. He wanted to live in the peace of the Willows and form it into the legacy that his sister deserved that she could live in peace. Elettra did not deserve anything of what happened. She was just collateral damage.

Played by Vami who has 1,026 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer

It was clear that this was damage that could not be healed over night, or ever, perhaps... The way things had been left sour between Morganna and Nicolo would likely never ease, just like the bitterness which went on between Elettra and a good handful of Lyall blood, despite the fact that now they were tied together as an extension of family more or less. Renier's words, speaking that Morganna would have no reason to harm her own family nor the pack which she had been born to and had grew up in, countered Nicolo's own words. The Leader then mentioned Craw, wondering if his influence would push Morganna to come back to Willow Ridge for some kind of vengeance. It was an idea which Elettra herself could not fathom. Elettra had not raised her daughter to believe that any male could control her. It was something that any of her children had been training to know, given the fact that their mother had been so strong willed and powerful throughout their youth. Breathing in deeply and exhaling delicately, she turns, quietly making her way out of the scene.