278 Users Online
Google, Baidu, Bing

Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My! — Spectral Woods 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becuffin who has 860 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Naira Tainn
Naira - you come across a bear cub but can't locate its mother

The warmer weather was doing her wonders, the children were growing well and Triell was more than happy to do his share of the pup sitting, while Naira picked up the slack on border patrol. It was fortunate her sense of smell was not suffering the same degeneration of her hearing for she smelled the cub before it lumbered into sight. She slid to a halt, her head drawing up while her pale chin tucked defensively as the burley cub bellowed at her. A quick step was taken backwards as she looked from left to right and back again, expecting the mother to follow in a raging charge, but no such onslaught came.

Instead, the brown furry boulder sat in front of her, a large paw lifting to bop at her nose. All she could do was stare back in confusion, it's pitiful groans and grunts tugging at her maternal side while instinct told her to get far, far away. The cub seemed to sense her hesitation, attempting to stand on hind legs but falling towards her instead, small head coming to rest against her chest. Her own uncertain groan was added to the wordless conversation. What the fuck was she meant to do about this?

Tipping her muzzle to the sky she called to her pack mates, some urgency in her tone but equal uncertainty and caution conveyed. Somewhere there was a mother bear missing her baby, and she could be anywhere.
[Image: chase.gif]
[Image: naira_by_becuffin-dawj8rp.png]

Played by Maeby who has 207 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Darrah Tainn
Sorry, idk why he hates her so much x_x

Darrah hadn't been far when the call was made, though the voice was so distinct that he couldn't help but hesitate. Did the raven really need to answer the wench's bellow? Perhaps not, though luckily enough for her, he hadn't anything promising in store for him today. Letting out an over dramatic sigh laced heavily with regret, the Tainn trotted on over toward the direction of his father's newest 'baby mama'.

Oh but the sight before him was rather amusing indeed! It would appear as if a small bear cub had taken quite the fancy to that demon of a woman, and of course she wasn't quite pleased! Grinning, Darrah close the distance a bit further. "So, what do we do about this?" He chuckled. They couldn't just kill it, could they? Though letting it stay would certainly put the bend's own pups in danger, how probable would it be to find the mother? Wouldn't seeing her child hanging out with wolves cause aggression? So many question's, yet the Tainn couldn't help but feel like they weren't his problem to answer. If Naira could come up with a plan, so be it. He'd offer his assistance if needed. However if she just so happened to fail in conjuring something, he'd just as happily watch her suffer.

At some point,

I started looking at the ground more than the sky

It’s hard even to breathe.
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 594 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sven Archer
taking advantage of the fact that this was placed in spectral woods instead of otb, let me know if you'd rather sven not be here

For as long as he breathed, Sven would always be a man of his word. As such, he had not failed @Sahalie in fulfilling the regular visits that he had promised her. While he had yet to step foot inside of her home, he no longer held reservations about visiting the farthest reaches of the pack's boundaries to summon her, and whenever she couldn't be found in the surrounding territories he would venture until he could faintly smell their scent marks and call out to his friend. This was what brought him so close today, and within range of not only Naira and @Darrah, but the toddling cub that had caused the former to send up a distress signal.

Braced, the pale youth trotted onto the scene. He'd dealt with an angry adult bear once before, and in all honesty was quite ready to take the challenge on again. That @Craw would not be present to help him escape was not a worry; the boy had lost his faith that the fellow spectre could be trusted anyways. Yet knowing a foe was present and being unable to sense it was a problem that made him uneasy. His outward confidence did not waver, but his silver eyes were clearly wary.

Because the parent had to be nearby, right?

Only a jerk of his muzzle was given in acknowledgement to the Bend wolves before he asked of them, "Where is Sahalie?" and hoped the answer was somewhere safe from this looming threat.
Played by becuffin who has 860 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Naira Tainn
It would seem that @Darrah would be the wolf to answer her call, just as short on solutions as she thought a younger wolf may be. His chuckle was met with a quirk of her lip, it might have passed for a grin if she wasn't so damn concerned about an angry sow in search of her cub charging through the trees to rip her to shreds. "I tore my own brother to shreds for threatening one of my children, just imagine the damage a bear could do," she spoke conversationally, as though the lives of Bend wolves weren't on the line if they made the wrong call. "We can't kill it, we'll just have to-"

But before she could finish another wolf intervened, demanding to know where @Sahalie was, another of her strays no doubt. Her brows drew down, a clear mark of her frustration at the boys demanding tone. "No doubt avoiding me." She replied rather bluntly, a grin finally working it's way onto her face. "I can honestly say I do not know, but based on the lack of a frantic howl announcing a pissed off mother bear I can only assume that she is safe." The bear cub seemed to grip her tighter, even small bears had rather large claws and she flinched, one lip lifting to reveal a curved canine. Her attention turned back to Darrah, "Let's sniff out to see where the cub has been, it might lead us back to where they got separated." It was quickly becoming apparent that the child considered her the nearest substitute. Eyes turned back on the pale boy, her decision made, "You too, if the mother does have Sahalie cornered you can help her brother save her." Of course, if it came to that she would be equally involved in the battle, but she didn't imagine the boy had met Darrah yet. Best to make the relationship clear from the get go.
[Image: chase.gif]
[Image: naira_by_becuffin-dawj8rp.png]