Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
Shallow water has trapped several fish in a small pond. Hunt Opportunity
Played by Switch who has 389 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall
i got guns in my head and they won't go
renier lyall
spirits in my head and they won't go

There were quite a few things he noticed. The first no one appeared bothered by his reappearance. The second, why the Ridge was not what it was, it had strong roots teaming together. Giving him hope for the winter that would soon come.

Eyes flicked to Adele as she arrived, and silently he studied her. She seemed to hold the most of Nicolo's attention on arrival. He had never really seen them together, but it only made Ren curious what may have happened in their younger years to bond them so.  She seemed not quite like the other Archer's with a smile she offered to not only Enoki, but him. That lady must have some interesting stories, and he wondered if she would share them.

Then there was Ravenna who captured his attention, looking more like a lady than pup. She actually wore a small smile when she looked to him, reminding him of her father. But that thought only made his own heart drop. Angier, he was afraid had suffered the same fate as his father.

When little Attica, who actually wasn't that little any more either, came thundering in claiming victory over her brother, his thoughts of the matter subsided. Golden gaze softened, briefly upon her, and then her protector. Sven didn't seem to let her want for anything. He was holding himself up like the adult he had become too quickly perhaps. Since there was no more to arrive so Nicolo lead off.

Silver mask was thoughtful as their leader spoke of strengthening bonds. This he was on the same page about, as much as they would depend on one another. There was no news of Angier nor Niles. Then came their leader's idea to bond them. Why he was happy to be named with the two hunters he couldn't help feel Nicolo had overlooked someone. Ren couldn't help think of how often it must happen to Sven. He waited to speak up, as Elettra had her own things to say.

He wasn't necessarily surprised by her wants. The leading lady made it clear she wished for Ravenna to expand the search, but not alone. His aunts eyes were upon him what he felt we're expectantly to go with her daughter. Trusting him to watch over her. If that didn't speak volumes...."I could go with her. It would be good to make sure we haven't missed something, and let the word get farther." Eyes exchanged from Elettra to Ravenna, and then rested upon Nicolo. Wondering what he thought of it. There was another matter to address.

"As for a hunt I am happy to work out the details with Enoki and Adele. But, I believe Sven has proven he should also be part in it, and Ravenna if she wishes. I'm sure Attica can safely watch with the two of you, and learn as well." Only briefly, did he turn to Elettra when he spoke because it was Nicolo he was really watching. He wondered how much kid experience Nic had. It showed why the elder may not have any of his own. Did he realize that right now Ravenna,Sven, and Attica were the future of this pack? If they were going to survive they needed to be taught, and trusted.

template base formed by GINNYSAURUS.
(This post was last modified: Oct 15, 2016, 08:15 PM by Renier.)
[Image: ps_sig_by_becuffin-dc2lwrc.png]
Played by AshBash who has 476 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Enoki Archer

Ebony ears pivoted off to the side when the sound of approaching footsteps began to become apparent, amber gaze shifting from its former position along the nearby vicinity to settle it upon the once familiar silhouette of Renier. No fancy form of greeting was given to the man whom didn't seem to exactly notice her presence anyways which was fine and dandy considering her attention was soon to be stolen by the gradual filtering of the remaining members. Adele, followed by the pale coated yearling Ravenna who looked nothing like a yearling these days, then the charging ebony blur of little Attica with her ivory guardian Sven not far behind making up the rear and final member to arrive. It wasn't long after the boy's arrival that Nicolo gave a clearing of his throat to promptly begin the meeting, Enoki's amber gaze once more shifting to settle upon his dark mask in obedient silence while he spoke his piece then Elettra spoke her own.

A small nod of the magpie's head signaled her acceptance of organizing a hunt with the others, but a brow quirked when the Lyall man made a valid point in regards to the young Attica's ghostly guardian. Clearing her throat, Enoki spoke up to add her own thoughts on the subject. "I believe Renier is right about Sven and Ravenna. They are of age now that they should be accompanying the adults on hunts regularly to better perfect their skills and learn how to work as a cohesive unit. I'm all for letting them participate." She paused in her statement, letting her gaze wander between that of Nicolo and Elettra before giving a small glance toward Sven himself. It was true that they had their rough beginnings since the day the young Archer was born and the law that was to be obeyed at the time, but it was true that the future of the pack was starting to rest more and more on the children with each passing day.

Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 594 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sven Archer
%100 the worst I am so sorry

What @Nicolò had to say seemed pretty typical, and already Sven was wondering if this was truly all they had been summoned together for. Niles and Angier being gone was nothing new, and the only reason the teen cared at all was for the impact that it had on his grandmother and that the pack had not regained the loss of numbers. Then he proposed a pack hunt, and the boys ears picked up. Hunting, he was damned good at that now, and had proven it many, many times as he continued to bring presents to his dwindling pack mates. But the adults were given the lead and he supposed that was to be expected, even though it made his gut clench unpleasantly. He hated this yearling limbo bullshit.

Then @Elettra spoke up, and certainly she would have something more pleasing to the ears. His spectral gaze jumped to her as she talked, but again it was with the deserters. The plural of sons was not missed, and that anyone at all would bother to look for Skoll caused dissonant feelings within him. He thought it a waste of time, but if it could be confirmed that at least the man was safe... As much as he wanted to, Sven could not wish ill upon his father. He still cared, far more than he ever wanted to, about the elder Archer heir.

Hunter and medic... well, the latter was no surprise. He was aware of Ravenna learning the trade from her mother, but, nonna thought he wanted to be a hunter? Well, he supposed that would be the most reasonable assumption. He made a mental note to talk to her privately at a later time. Hunting was fun and all, what with the killing, but he'd only taken it up to care for her and to try and brighten his pack mates' days from time to time. What he really wanted was to be seen as a guardian for the pack.

All in all he listened with relative contentedness until Ravenna was called upon for a special trip. To the other side of the mountains. The side that Sven visited often and definitely knew a hell of a lot better than the fellow yearling if not everyone else in the pack. And joining her... still not him? Elettra left it open, but there all of it stopped and it hit him full force that he was the only one not given a task.

What the fuck?

Flares set off with his chest, and he ground his fangs together to keep the rage inside. After everything he'd down to show them he was grown up, capable and willing and they couldn't trust him with anything? Did they even consider him an option, or were there reservations? Was he still, after everything, just considered a troubled kid, the heir that shouldn't be?

He wanted to speak up, to volunteer to join Ravenna, but he couldn't trust his mouth just yet, needing to swallow back the anger first. In that time, Renier offered his own company and Sven just burned all the brighter.

Dammit. Dammit dammit dammit!

Eyes of tempered steel slid to Attica in a laterigrade fashion. Just seeing her helped to quell the flames. He couldn't act out of paw, he needed to control his anger. He had to be a good example for her.

Then Renier continued on, and specifically named him. Vouching for him to join the hunt, and though that wasn't what the boy had been bothered by (as he hadn't realized that the leadership might be considering leaving him out of the event altogether), he appreciated that the man would advocate for him. Even Enoki spoke up to agree, and Sven regarded her coolly as she spoke. Given the time he needed to calm down, he finally spoke up as the others finished.

"I should go with Ravenna. I travel often to the East. I know a way through the mountains rather than over, which is far more safe and quicker. I also have connections over there which will help us in persuading others to keep their eyes open."

He figured that should have been obvious by now, but whatever.

"Also, I know I've been hunting a lot, but... I want to be a guardian."
Played by becuffin who has 85 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Attica Archer
there's no need to feel so bad, growing up can make you sad
Attica Grace Archer

She didn't follow much of the conversation, her eyes instead drawn to the way the shadows of willow leaves danced upon the ground. It was entrancing as snippets of conversation drifted through, someone was missing (she didn't recognise the names or know of the faces that went with them), something about a hunt that she was too small to take part in, and something about Aunt Ravenna going away for a few days. She quietly sighed, growing quickly bored with the conversation, assuming Sven had done the same since he hadn't yet weighed in... and then he did.

"I should go with Ravenna, Something about the words made her stomach knot and her lips pull into a displeased line. That he might sneak off on occasion was not lost on the child but they all disappeared for a little while. This was leaving! The girl worried her lip, containing needy whines with a desire to appear more grown up than she was, but why did it bother her so? The thought that he might go somewhere? And never come back, a small voice whispered. But he always came back, they all did... "I wanna go too." Her voice was so small that it would probably be missed, but she needed to voice her desires even if they wouldn't be heard.

[Image: sig__com___a_zoo_in_a_jungle_by_clowdero...aszulw.png]