(See All?) Announcements
704 Users Online
Bing, Google

chasing twisters in the canyon — Swallow Swallet 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ace who has 462 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Veho Macieo

It seemed both the youths were already keen on a path, and this notion inspired the leader considerably.  Both @Tomen and Nineva were awarded a smile, his tail swishing behind him eagerly as they explain their choices.  He could not argue with either of them – the Lyall boy was lithe like an arrow; he was indeed made for speed.  If he had to guess, he’d reckon the swarthy male also had the disposition required of a pack’s first impression.

It surprised him little that the silvery lass desired to be a leader in her own right someday – her secondary choice was unusual for someone with such aspirations, but Veho found he rather liked the notion of an alpha with such necessary skills.  Less folk to rely on, easier to get things done.  The man gave a sage nod.

“Tomen, have you met Crystal?  She is currently training to be a scout – if you would like, I might suggest going on an exercise run with her, or perhaps she would be willing to allow you to accompany her to Secret Woodlands when she goes, or one of the other missions I have for her.” His smile was a genuine one as he nodded before turning to Nineva.  “Now, I would be happy if you would like to study with me when holding pack meetings, and I would be happy to share reasoning for decisions and inculcate you with all I’ve learned thus far.  I will talk with Oula, as well, that you might get two perspectives.  We do not have a teacher at the moment – so I think it would be in your best interest to spend a little time with several different wolves.  Myself, as a leader and healer.  Crystal, as a scout.  Pip, as a fledging hunter.  There are many others, of course, for you to choose from.” A pause.

“Do you find this suits you two?”

Can maybe start wrapping this puppy up?  :3
[Image: vehopix_by_euphoriclies-d98a201.png]
Played by Siki who has 159 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Tomen Attaya-Lyall
She what?

Something fundamental clunked out of place, leaving Tomen with a non-functioning brain for a few seconds. By the time he'd been successfully kick-started, everything had been processed, because it made a sickening amount of sense. It was like she'd read his mind, but he wished she hadn't. Leader? Exactly when he'd finally accepted that he could give it up, that it wasn't for him, that someone else could take the mantle, and now she was stepping up to claim all the birthrights and power that he wasn't good enough for. He hadn't realised that they were actually allowed to say they wanted to be a leader. It just... felt like aiming too high. He hadn't expected this at all.

And he'd been so proud to say he wanted to be a runner. Now his sense of self-worth was flip-flopping all over again. As Veho said his name, Tomen snapped his hanging jaw shut and blinked his attention away from @Nineva onto his leader, trying to pay attention to what was being said even though he was still trying to make sense of how he felt about everything else. Crystal? "Uh, sure," he said when Veho finished and turned towards Nineva, distracted but trying not to show it. He was being such a brat. What, he didn't want to be leader so that meant she couldn't be, either? Where was the logic there?

Understandably, she needed more instruction than he did, and by the time Veho was finished, Tomen had found a fragile sort of peace with it. "Yeah," he said, smiling with enforced enthusiasm at Veho before looking at Nineva, who now appeared quite differently to before, and found his smile become a lot more effortlessly genuine. "You'll be great."
[Image: tomen-greypixel01.gif]

[Image: grizzlyhollow_zps8fb35fad.png]
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 350 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Nineva Hervok
JUST IN THE NICK OF TIME sorryi'mshit

There was no surprise, no reservation, no judgment in Veho's eyes after her proclamation and that was absolutely wonderful. It made it feel all the more as though it were exactly what she should have said, and the last of her reservations about declaring exactly what she wanted disappeared altogether. She really needed to be more open like this, to trust these others more. Kenelm had never been the only adult willing to listen to her, despite how much she seemed to need to be reminded of the fact. And Tomen...

Her gaze flitted to the other youth as Veho pressed on, explaining what the boy should do from here on out in order to most effectively pursue his role. Before there eyes could meet though, her attention was stolen once more and she missed the look in his eyes completely as she focused on the alpha addressing her. What he had to offer her excited the girl further, and she couldn't help but beam back at him with a grin, eagerly nodding her head. This all sounded like a dream come true, she couldn't believe that visiting the bird pit could make her so happy.

When Tomen spoke his affirmation, Nineva's dual colored eyes jumped to his face again. His reassurance only made her smile all the more broadly, and she nudged his cheek before returning, "we'll be great."

Fade.
(This post was last modified: Oct 18, 2016, 05:57 PM by Veho. Edit Reason: Added fade. )