(See All?) Announcements
593 Users Online
Google, Bing

tooth fairy — Whitestone Monadnock 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Jacqueline who has 783 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
@Kara'At 4-6 months of age, milk teeth are replaced by adult teeth’. PP with permission. Healer demonstration post 1/6
It seemed that on this particular day, the weather couldn’t seem to make up its mind. Lorcan had expected to return early that morning, having spent the night curled up in the hollow tree by Turtleback Lake alongside the caribou carcass, but he had been held up by the patchy showers that fell intermittently every so often. Refusing to get soaked again, Lorcan found himself stopping frequently for shelter which had ultimately slowed down his journey time considerably. Now, almost midday, Lorcan finally hauled the one remaining limb of the caribou along the path that carved its way up the Monadnock and dragged the remnants of his kill towards the main den.

As he moved closer to the den, his russet ears perked up as he suddenly became aware of some wailing nearby. Frowning in concern, Lorcan’s hackles raised as he continued to move towards the noise, the meaty leg still clamped firmly between his jaws. It was only a moment later that he caught a glimpse of one of the packs youngest members, Kára, who seemed to be moaning something to herself, but what exactly the subordinate couldn’t make out. Still, it was obvious to Lorcan that the young girl wasn’t happy about something and so he moved in to stand beside her, placing the piece of caribou on the ground in front of them both. “What seems to be the problem, Kára? Is there something I can help you with?” He asked, his voice warm and light-hearted and he greeted her with a smile, expecting her to say that she’d gotten into an argument with her brother or that she was hungry, or something equally as trivial. “I brought this back for you..” He grinned, nudging the meat an inch towards her with his nose, hoping to make her smile.
(This post was last modified: Nov 10, 2016, 09:12 AM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
sometimes, two people have to fall apart to realise
how much they need to fall back together
Played by Ghost who has 61 posts.
Inactive Pup
Kára Archer

Kára had reached the awkward state where she no longer was the small 'cute' puppy she was but wasn't the size of an adult yet. Instead her feet were awkwardly too big and her ears looked more like they belonged to some kind of bat dog than to a wolf. Almost the size of a medium dog the physical change had happened so rapidly she was still getting the hang of her now much larger body parts. This wasn't the worst though, oh no, the worst was the intense pain that was emanating from her mouth. It had started slowly and waned at first, but now it was a constant throbbing that never ceased.

Having developed quite a knack at dramatics (it seemed to get the best response from the adults) today she laid within the den absolutely howling. The pain had woke her up from her nap and she was alone within the den with no one nearby to solve her problems. That is until Lorcan appeared carrying something that would normally have been very appetizing. Stomach grumbled unhappily  and the thought of sinking her aching teeth into the meat seemed like heaven to her now.

Answering his question she wailed, "My teeth hurt." The last word was drawn out and over emphasized as if the adult wouldn't understand the gravity of the situation if she hadn't spoken it that way. Moving forward she accepted his offering silently, just sinking her jaws into the leg until they reached meat and leaving them there. Unfortunately this only offered a few moments of relief before the throbbing returned. Back to moaning it was then.

Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Healer demonstration post 2/6
Pale eyebrows furrowed in concern as the young Archer wailed her troubles to him. “Oh..” He replied, somewhat surprised that it hadn’t been something entirely trivial after all, as he watched the young girl shuffle out of the den and moved to sink her teeth into the caribou leg he had offered up for her. The pup grew silent for a moment before, disappointingly, his tasty scraps offered no more comfort to the girl and the wailing and moaning swiftly resumed. Could she be teething? She was around the right age. Obviously chewing on a stick was just as unlikely to quiet her complaints, given how she was behaving.

“Kára, come here.” He ordered, though his voice was warm and comforting. Shifting to sit on his rear haunches, Lorcan held a single paw out to hold her. “Do you mind if I take a look?” He asked calmly, head tilting to one side as he offered her a smile of encouragement. “Chin up, mouth open wide. Let me see those pearly-white gnashers!” He grinned jokingly, his thick tail flicking behind him in curious amusement. He needed to confirm what he suspected before he could even think about sorting and providing any kind of pain relief for her.
# P O R C A N
Inactive Pup
Kára Archer

Kára didn't even think twice at moving forward and under the man's paw and opening her mouth obediently at his request. Her whole life she had been provided for and comforted by the adults and other than a phobia of thunderstorms she had been developing perfectly happily. She trusted all of them (other than that woman who while she knew now didn't control the wind couldn't forget the time she had heard her call the pup a brat.) A couple of her baby teeth were wiggly and one had even already fallen out leaving a weird gap in her gums which in places appeared red and irritated.

Pulling her mouth backwards the child snapped her jaws closed once she thought that Lorcán had seen enough. Moaning again slightly in misery the red head buried itself into the man's leg as she clenched her eyes closed. "Please help." It was a simple request but the hint of desperation that hitched her voice made it crack over the word help. Kára was desperate for the pain to go away, she would do absolutely anything for her mouth to just feel normal again. She would take the aches that sometimes happened in her legs at night since her growth spurt any day over this torture.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
Shallow water has trapped several fish in a small pond. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Healer demonstration post 3/6
Lorcan smiled proudly when Kára obediently moved to stand in front of him to allow him to have a closer look at her mouth; it seemed she trusted him enough to allow him to help, which pleased him, since he hadn’t had as much contact with the pups compared to Wraith and their parents. Peering into her gaping jaws, his golden eyes squinted as he examined her small pearly-white puppy teeth. He could see that one was already missing and the gummy crater that remained appeared red and inflamed, which would explain the pain.

“I see you’ve lost a baby tooth already Kára!" He chimed enthusiastically, before moving his muzzle in an inch or so closer so that the very tip of his nose pressed against the smooth surface of another baby tooth. “If this hurts, tell me and I’ll stop, okay?” He said calmly, before very gently prodding the tooth to feel it wiggle.

Recoiling back, Lorcan took a few steps back and looked down at the fiery-haired pup, smiling at her reassuringly. Fortunately, the healer-in-training knew of a plant that could help with toothache, one which he happened to collect on his journey to the secluded springs. “I think I have some berries that will help with the pain.” He stated, before turning his paws to face the direction of the medicinal cache which was located further away from the main communal den. “Come with me to the medicinal cache and we’ll pick some nice juicy ones out for you, hm?” He grinned, before he began to walk over to the cache, glancing back to see if Kára would follow behind him.
# P O R C A N
Inactive Pup
Kára Archer
I think it would have been 2/6? Also I'm so sorry this took me forever, I'm the worst

The girl sat still obediently as the man poked and prodded at one of her wiggly teeth, wincing slightly but remaining silent despite him saying she should tell him if it hurt. Kára was no baby and didn't want Lorcán to think that she was or that she was whiny. When he pulled away and the jaw snapped shut concern was written across every inch of the red face, "But what happens if they all fall out? Will I never be able to eat again?!" This only added to the misery she was already in because of the pain, if she couldn't eat meat ever again because her teeth fell out how could she possibly survive?

When Lorcán pulled away and mentioned the berries the expression slid fluidly from concern to disbelief and uncertainty. Kára followed behind him but it was easy to see she was less than enthusiastic about what he had suggested. Dragging her paws on the ground she half mumbled, "Um, last time Odin ate any berries it made him really sick." The memory cause the pup to curl her nose in disgust, her brother had smelled foul for days and she wasn't certain it was worth it. Sure her teeth hurt but she had never seen anything as gross as what had come out of her brother's butt that day.

Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Healer demonstration post 4/6
When Lorcan finished expecting the young pup’s mouth, he noticed the look of concern plaguing her innocent face. Lorcan tilted his head to one side curiously, silently encouraging her to speak up. When Kára then went on to voice her concerns, Lorcan chuckled, giving a soft shake of his head. “They will all fall out!” He exclaimed, a mischievous grin pulled at the corners of his charcoal lips. “But – not all at once.” He smiled, hoping he hadn’t seriously scared her.

“New, mature, teeth will grow to replace them.” He explained softly before he leant in close to hold his muscle close to her face. “’ee ‘ike ‘ine.” Came his voice, muffled through his gritted teeth as he pulled back his lips to expose his neat row of pearly white fangs. “You’ll get bigger, stronger teeth than those little sharp ones you’ve got now.” He teased with a smile, before playfully snapping his jaws at her, though not actually coming close enough to nip the young pup.

As he turned to walk away towards the medicinal cache, he glanced back to see if the fiery-haired girl was following. Whilst she was following, she seemed hesitant or unhappy about the treatment he had suggested, as she trailed slowly behind dragging her paws. Lorcan had been about to ask what the matter was, but she quickly voiced her thoughts before he had the chance to. Lorcan was unaware of Odin’s berry incident, but he could imagine that it wasn’t pleasant. “Those berries were probably poisonous. Don’t worry, the ones you need aren’t harmful. I’ll even try one to prove it to you, if you like?” He smiled at her, golden eyes silently encouraging the young pup to trust him.

As the medicinal cache came into view, not being too far from the main den, Lorcan glanced back to Kára. “Wait just a moment whilst I find them.” Then in an instant, he had shifted down onto his abdomen and sprawled out upon the ground with his head and neck disappearing into the hole. A delighted grunt erupted from the hole as he grasped the red Skunkbush berries delicately between his teeth and shuffled back out of the hole, placing the twig of berries at his paws. “Here they are. These are Skunkbush berries. I got them when I went on a trip to the Secluded Springs for your mother.” Slowly, Lorcan nudged the berries closer towards the small red-haired pup so that she could properly inspect and sniff at them.

“Go on, I’ll let you choose which ones you want. Pick three.” He suggested, before leaning in quickly to grasp a single berry in his mouth to try with her and prove that they weren’t harmful. Although, they would taste bitter.
(This post was last modified: Nov 10, 2016, 09:13 AM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
Inactive Pup
Kára Archer

Greying eyes widened in fear at the knowledge that all of her teeth were in fact going to fall out. Is this how pups die? Was it going to happen to Odin or just her? Luckily Lorcán was quick to calm her terror by explaining that bigger and better teeth were going to grow back in their place. Kára liked the idea of getting bigger, better and stronger teeth and leaned in closer to examine the man's jaws. Peering intently into his mouth the girl giggled when he snapped them, copying the motion which caused her aching mouth to throb. The few seconds of relief that she had felt in her distraction were gone and a pitiful moan made its way up her throat again.

Still the thought of having aching teeth or a volcanic butt caused some pause, really which one was worse? Eyebrows furrowed as Kára tried to decide looking up towards her teacher as she voiced her concerns. Poisonous!? That decided it then, she didn't like the sound of berries even one bit. "But how can you tell the difference between poisonous ones and ones that are good?" The pup had only ever seen one kind of berry and that had been the kind that Odin had eaten so in her mind they all looked the same.

Normally she may have chuckled at the humorous sight of Lorcán's butt hanging out of the medicine cache but today the girl was much too wrapped up in her traumas. Overall teething was not going well. The berries he pulled out of there looked nothing like the black ones that Odin had eaten but Kára was still unconvinced. Sniffing them the pup looked up to the adult for reassurance before staring down at the bright red fruit on the ground. Swallowing hard she came to her resolve. Taking one between her sore teeth she bit down before she could change her mind.

Sour.

Lips puckered and eyes flew open in surprise as the flavour filled her mouth. It wasn't altogether unpleasant but it certainly hadn't been expected.

Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Healer demonstration post 5/6. Two more posts from you then archive? :)
Lorcan held his breath for a moment as he watched the fiery pups eyes widen, hoping that she wouldn’t burst into tears before he had the chance to explain. Thankfully he managed to catch her interest before any waterworks started and Lorcan remained perfectly still with his mouth wide open to give the young girl a chance to inspect what sort of teeth would sprout in their place. After snapping his jaws shut he leaned in close when Kára let out a playful giggle, meeting her silver gaze with a mischievous grin. But his grin quickly faded when he noticed her moan and realising the seriousness of the situation, he quickly focused back on the task at hand.

Kára’s question was a smart one, but one to which he did not know the answer. “You can’t really..” He replied, a hint of disappointment in his voice. “I’d never just eat some berries from the ground unless I saw exactly which plant they had come from.” He paused, frowning as his golden eyes flickered down to meet the girls before a small smirk tugged at the corner of his charcoal lips. “It’s best to just avoid them completely, I think. They don’t offer much nutritional value anyway.” He blinked, wondering if the pup could understand what he was saying. “What I mean is, they aren’t as good for you as meat.” He licked his lips, glancing back across to the piece caribou carcass he had dragged back earlier.

As Lorcan chewed quickly on the berry, the bitter taste filled his mouth and he struggled to keep straight face and a slight grimace plagued his expression. Golden eyes glanced down to the pup who had also obviously bitten into a berry as she looked up to him with puckered lips. “Good job, Kára. Only two more to go..” He nudged the other berries towards her with his nose. She was being a terribly good patient, which Lorcan would have to reward her for, somehow.
(This post was last modified: Nov 10, 2016, 09:14 AM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N