(See All?) Announcements
646 Users Online
Google, Bing, Hazelnut, Adora, Sophrosnia, Magg

i make my own luck — Willow Ridge 
Print · · Subscribe · 1 Loves ·
Played by Switch who has 389 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall
@Elettra This would be not long after he joins if that is okay unless you want it more recent.

We both know you need them
renier lyall
You're stuck in the middle

When he had faced Nicolo he had carried a different image in his head. More dramatic, and painful. Hits to his pride. A fight. Even the possibility of remaining a loner through winter. Things had turned out, and he was here to do what he intended. Take care of this family. Pray, Angier and Niles left some bread crumbs to find somewhere. But, having Nicolo accept him was only half the battle. There was a special lady he wanted to talk to. He had to know if his presence displeased her. In his mind he didn't think he was any where near her good graces after all that had happened. Morganna wasn't the only one he had failed.

Biting the bullet he wandered to her medical den, hoping to see if she was there, or left a trail to follow. It was awkward enough with their patchwork blood that made up most the pack, and the turn of events that had broken the strong kingdom. If she didn't want him here, he didn't want to put that on her too. Pale brows furrowed, golden eyes searching around the outside of the den. He should have never left. It was when everything went to hell. Even now, he couldn't get those words out of his head. "I'd like ter think I love you." As if he'd had a chance.

"Lady Elettra?" His voice broke his cascade of thoughts. There was nothing in his inquiry that betrayed his unease. In fact he remained the respectable gentleman, requesting a moment of a lady's time.

template base formed by GINNYSAURUS.
(This post was last modified: Oct 05, 2016, 03:27 AM by Renier.)
[Image: ps_sig_by_becuffin-dc2lwrc.png]
Played by Vami who has 1,026 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
( sounds good to me. Sorry, couldn't find the brackets for ooc on my phone.) 

Elettra Archer had been nothing short of miserable since her mate and sons disappearances. She still did her best to make sense of it, thinking that perhaps Angier in his stubbornness, demanded Niles take him somewhere and for whatever reason without Elettra knowing given the fact that the male would know damn well his mate would have not let him go anywhere on his own accord with her knowledge of it. And that, of course, with Skoll finding out he would attempt to follow their trail to return them home quick before panic settled in....of course that time had long passed. These were stores Elettra told herself so she could keep from falling apart. Stories which Ravenna had drilled into her mother's head time and time again although the daughter was in secret panic herself. It was a certain day like today that Elettra was in one of her moods, deep within the medical den, tightening up the place, readying it for her mate's certain return. 

Even when she smelt and heard Renier's approach, she did little to acknowledge his arrival until he spoke her name, to which her ears perked though she did not stop her rummaging for a moment more. To anyone who watched, they may think she was desperately looking for something. "Hum?" Was all that was for the time being mumbled from her lips. She responded this as she then lifted her head, a mouth of dried up, dead vegetation clutched within. Her expression was confused this day if anything, as to why someone had come to speak directly to her if it had not been her daughter. Elettra had developed some highs and lows with both her age and the tramas of the past year.... Ether being quite obviously depressed or strongly dominant and aggressive. 
Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall
@Elettra I guess pre-meeting too?

renier lyall

Ears strained, certain it was her. When nothing happened he didn't take it personally. She had ever right to ignore him. Be in a terrible mood. Down one mate, and two sons. Nothing to go by. Even now, he wished this was why he stood outside the entrance. Unfortunately not. Since, it seemed to take her a moment, he took steps to see within. It was then he got a hum. Under any other circumstance it still wouldn't have been easy to talk to her. She had always been a legend in his mind, they way his mother had spoke of her. Why he had lived here, he had formed his own respect for her and his Uncle. Morganna could never change that.

Eyes found their way to her silver face, where she seemed surprised he should be the one calling. He found that odd. Didn't Nicolo check on her? Report progress? Were Sven and Attica allowed, or best asked to keep away when she was here? Was she close to Edele at all? Then he noted she held some form of remedy he would guess. Brow scrunched momentarily, but he swiftly shifted back, his head lowered. "I wanted you to know I asked for Nicolo not to disrespect you. I wasn't sure you nor anyone else would care to see my face, and I figured he deserved the unpleasantries." Elettra could have taken care of it herself, but he didn't think she needed another stick thrown on the blazing fire left behind. "After...everything..I really needed to meet the man myself," He added sincerely. It wouldn't have done him any good to ignore that encounter. While he was still hoping to see a bit more in the mind of her brother, this felt a lot more important. He wanted her to know he was here for her.

Renier took a second to try to meet her gaze. "I'm here now, hoping I can help you in some way. Find out any where I could search, what else you may require of me."

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A lynx has left behind the remains of a deer. +5 Health
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
Yeah I would probably say soo. :3

It was true Renier had abandoned the pack some time ago and if Elettra could remember correctly, it had not been the first time ether. He seemed to come and go as he pleased, though she could not forget that when he was here he did his best to care for the needs of the pack, be it through guarding the borders, scavenging for food, or watching over the pups of the season. Elettra could have only assumed that when Morganna had left Willow Ridge, Renier, as well as her son Greer, had followed her. The matriarch could only imagine things did not work out so well for him when it came to following Morganna, probably was unlikely to work out, given the couple's close past and now Crow having wiggled his way into Morganna's attention. Elettra remembered spying on Renier when he had arrived once again to her borders, listening from afar a bit of wording which he and her brother had shared with one another. Elettra at all did not remember being too impressed with her brother's pondering, though remembered just the same Renier was not eager to try and get back at Morganna for having dismissed him. 

After everything that had gone down, he needed to see the man himself... or so Renier spoke. She wondered if Renier was at all impressed with the encounter. If he had thought that her brother had it in him to lead this pack. Then he admitted he had indeed come here to look for her specifically, wanting to know all he could do to help. It wouldn't have taken much to have noticed both Angier and Skoll's scent having been gone from the pack territory. Niles too, even if he kept himself scarce from others to begin with. Elettra huffs to herself and comes closer to him, if only to settle the cluster of leaves she had outside of the infirmary's opening. "I already looked around the Rise and towards the west... I didn't catch their scent." Sure Elettra could have gone far enough to the point she was at Grizzly Hollow's territory borders, but it was a conversation she did not wish to have. Besides, those Lyalls only seemed considered about Borden and his offspring, not of what Elettra would consider the better man. "Maybe you could check out further north?" If he had not already that is. Then she adds, "We are lacking a good patrol in this pack... Adele and Enoki take to hunting mostly and @Sven aids in this when he is not tending to his little sister, Attica." From her words, it would be easy to tell this little girl was motherless too, as Skoll seemed to have a way with bedding fickle, blonde whores. 
Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall
renier lyall

It was true he hadn't steadily been a member of the Ridge. Once he had been gone too long in quest for Taima. Another to visit his mother, and father at the Reach when Borden could hardly recall who any of them were. Including himself. But, the emotions his father's death brought on were carefully tucked away. No, it was the fact how different things could have been if he had stayed that bothered him the most. He was trying hard to put that thought to rest. Each day it was a bit easier to let go. He now believed he had always been more attached to Morganna than she him as she hadn't cared what form of security was offered.

The Lady Archer was quiet, giving him little to read of her thoughts.But, his anxiety lessened. If he had offended her, he didn't think she'd hesitate to let him know. A blink, he keeps his eyes not quite to hers out of respect. Ears suddenly turned to her voice.

Images of the rise, and beyond our brought to his mind. Angier, following Niles... He gave a bob of his head, understanding it was a spot to be marked off. "I did check the Wildwood when I went for a hunt recently, but I could certainly go further. There is a lot more territories up north, and I think possibly two other packs. " It couldn't hurt to give out the word to them. Why he hadn't stumbled upon their scent in following Morganna nor returning, there was a lot of ground still. He was only calculating how long he may be gone. Less than a week, which wouldn't be too terrible.

Thoughtfully, he again returned his attention to her. He understood her meaning well about Attica. Left by both her parents, for unknown reasons. But, he didn't feel the need to mention how he had found her, fed her, and soon noticed Elettra and Nicolo had taken her in. She was in good hands now, and Sven seemed to realize how important his new guardianship was. "Then I'll spend my time guarding, and enforcing the territory. Maybe, see if Sven would like some sparring lessons now and again." Renier had believed it was the best way he would be of use, and had no qualms. Why leadership had been something in his sights, being a Guardian would suit him for the present. Maybe, he could have some luck in recruiting.

He wished to ask his aunt what may have took Angier away, but he held back the question. Elettra, probably wasn't sure either. If she had known what he had been up to, she wouldn't have let him go. But, he had an assumption his uncle had set out to find Morganna as well.

There was another matter he found more pressing, and felt the need to voice. "Do you trust Nicolo?" It was in a light tone he asked, quick to look upon her silver facade to find answer. Or if he had hung himself again on too much rope.

(This post was last modified: Nov 29, 2016, 03:13 AM by Renier.)
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
"Two other packs?" She spoke up in question, her ears perking. She knew of Secret Woodlands and Morganna's pack, of course, though any others were lost by her. Once upon a time ago she did not have to hunt for information, did not have to guess. The woman knew a lot about a lot of different packs without having to lift a paw. Of course, she had many more scouts then and of course Morganna herself whom in her searching for herbs traveled far off to second as a sentry for her mother. She nods her head to him speaking about guarding once he returned from his mission in the north, perhaps even teaching Sven the ropes. Right now Sven seemed to have his heart set on hunting, perhaps because he had needed to learn to do so and to do so quickly having spent a lot of his time alone. Now he needed to help take care of Attica, which he did well. With hunters in the pack like Adele and Enoki it was no wonder he would learn the skill well. Still, protecting the pack, himself and his little sister should also be high on his list if Skoll had not taken the moment to teach his son himself.

His second question had her head lifting to him once more, which had otherwise wondered off mindlessly to her herbs. Her ears fell, her gaze looking over Renier's shoulder as though to perhaps see if anyone else was about. Her expression was a bit grim, revealing the truth, though her words... "I trust he is trying to do whats best for the pack..." She spoke, not exactly answering him straight forward. "Even if the best would have been to step aside and let Morganna rule. He is all we have now..." She wanted to trust her brother, she did and in a way she did trust him. She trusted he would try to lead as best he could. Trusted that he would never harm Ravenna, Enoki, Adele or herself. Although she did not trust him not to hurt the rest of her family members and possibly run Willow Ridge into the ground along with it. 
(This post was last modified: Jan 01, 2017, 03:45 AM by Elettra.)
Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall
renier lyall

Since her injury he knew it had been less likely she went far from the Ridge. Then she had lost her prime source of information when her eldest children had left. He hoped to offer a fix. It would be nice to know how their current allies were, and see about new ones. If winter was another bad one it would be hell to fight other packs for food.

"Yes, I briefly had an encounter with a wolf definitely pack, but not a scent I'd come across before. She didn't exactly stop to chat, though for me to get any other information.  Then I ran into another fellow who I think was forming one of his own. Can't be sure, but he smelled like he had a family at least. I could  go and be back within a week or so. Check up on our old relations. I was thinking it might not hurt to see 'bout old alliances, and forming some new. Then, I can pass the word out about Angier and Niles for you..." This he stilled his muzzle, letting her think it over.

She seemed in agreement about Sven. He would mention it to the lad to see if he would take him up on the offer. He didn't see why not, as Attica could always watch and participate in her own way. He didn't exactly imagine Nicolo doing it himself or he would have already.

The question he had posed was clearly heard, and a quick look about given. Gold eyes never left her face. The expression that fell upon it said it all. Carefully, she answered specifically. No doubt her mind was as sharp as ever by the way she phrased everything.  He clung to the fact how even she would have thought it better for Morganna to have remained unopposed. But, he had always thought so and this just solidified it. The statement he was all we have now, was hardly much hope. What had he actually done for the Ridge other than break it? What was he doing now to mend it? Had he ever recruited anybody? Extend relations? Was he trying to find Angier? He was quite doubtful the Archer did more than he had to. Even now he trying to keep an open mind, but he had seen little of his character. His work.

"Well you got me now. I know I don't have the greatest track record. But, this has been my home longer than any other, and you've done a lot for myself, my family.  I'm not Morganna, Angier, or Skoll, but I'm hellbent on seeing the Ridge regain its strength. Nicolo can help all he wants, but should he get in my way I don't plan on making the same mistake and let him remain." He could do something about it. Maybe, it wouldn't come to this. He wanted her to know his own intentions. How he wouldn't be driven out. Why his loyalty had been to Morganna it was to the Ridge now.

(This post was last modified: Jan 09, 2017, 09:57 PM by Renier.)
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
Renier went on, mentioning those he had passed by when traveling from Morganna's pack in the north back down here in the Southern Eden. All of Relic Lore was growing and Elettra was beginning to realize she was missing it all. Having become a leader of a pack made her have limitations when it came to traveling as she had once done more so when she was younger. Then when she began having children every year, it was now not only her duty as a leader but a duty as a mother to stay within the pack lands and take care of both her members and her children. Now, she was older... injured and waiting the moment her children and even more so, her mate, would return to the lands. Her life had changed a lot with her age though there was not an ounce of it she could say she regret. Elettra Archer had a hard life, but a fulfilled life, an accomplished one. She had led, she had bled, she had loved and she had created life. 

"Something tells me I will never see Narime again. It is a shame her pack disbanded, though Secret Woodlands remains even if Nina has stepped down. I am certain our alliance remains, though I would think that having a group hunt to reform our bonds would be necessary in the spring or summer. Grizzly Hollow is the lonely other pack I know of close by, savor the pack over the mountains. I know one of Borden's children was trying hard to repair the damage left there, though I would think we are only on neutral terms if anything. I would like to fix that... Not for Rook's sake, but Angier's, Jaysyek's, Yours and of course, my children, who are also Lyall." After all, so much of Ravenna's family had left her behind and Elettra knew she would not be around forever. Much of the Archer family had broken her heart, her trust... But what about her Lyall side? Elettra figured that Ravenna was just as much a Lyall as she was an Archer and deserved to meet the members of her family which remainef within the Hollow. Maybe she could even find some purpose there like her mother had so many years ago under the leadership and love of Jaysyek. 

When Renier spoke again, Elettra's silken black ears perked once more and she could not help the swell in her chest, the small smile on her gray rimmed muzzle. He reminded her in ways of Angier, the way he acted, the way he spoke. Both men were large, heavy and powerful men. Both were mild, rather docile creatures who did not speak more then needed nor spoke out of turn. Though when it came to their family, their pack, could suddenly and unexpectedly become ruthless, mighty with their protective determination. Their power lived inside the hope to rise everyone else to greatness. Her happiness of his words danced in her silver eyes. "She should have chosen you." Perhaps Renier would understand the meaning of her words, perhaps not. Ether way, she had been rooting for the wolf all along. If anything, Elettra was lucky that since Morganna had not decided to have him, Elettra now would and, when she no longer remained, her daughter Ravenna would have someone to look to for trust and stability. 
Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall
renier lyall

He took note of the name she mentioned. Whisper Caverns seemed like a distant memory, and no one had come along to re-instate it like the Hollow. Were there any offspring to do so? He was a bit doubtful. Though he'd never known much about them. The Secret Woodlands on the other hand, he had run into Iopah quite awhile ago, and it had sounded like some kind of conflict could happen. He would like to know instead of wonder. He couldn't help  the faint surprise that came by a raise of his brows. Sudden gratitude in a half smile if the small raise of his lip could be counted as such. He only wanted to act on Lady Elettra's wishes, but was glad to here her say as such. It was more than he had hoped for."I'll do my best." It made him long for those in the Reach, but it was not on his list to visit. At least he could see how the Hollow fared, hope to ignite what once had been.

He was watching closing, not believing she would scoff at him, and yet.. Gold eyes looked upon his leader's black and silver facade he was sure he saw joy not only in her eyes. It was no small reward, and helped him in his certainty. She was on his side, and could see he meant what he said. Perhaps he was a lot like his uncle. How long he had waited to have his own family, his pack.

Her remark only briefly threw him off guard. Pulling at the healing wound. Still there was more to it than that. Elettra would have liked for him to have succeeded. "If only," was all he could say with a somber face. He wished he would have realized how serious she'd been about leaving, and had prevented it. Showing her he could keep her safe. He didn't think he could ever right the wrong exactly, but one day maybe there would be justice. He gently brushed his nose to the underside of her chin. "Thank you." For this simple meeting had brightened his spirits, and he was proud to serve her for as long as she'd need. "I'll get started so the sooner I can be back."

(This post was last modified: Mar 07, 2017, 04:12 AM by Renier.)