(See All?) Announcements
590 Users Online
Google, Bing

can't fight the friction — Drooping Willows 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Switch who has 389 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall
Surprise thread for @Enoki back-dating this closer to when he would have joined. Hope mild pping is okay.
Renier Lyall
don't worry about me the heart is suppose to bleed

When he had been part of Ridge he had never spent any significant time with Enoki. The Lyall wasn't much for talking, and he had had all the company he had sought. The hunter had just been another face in the large pack. Since his return he wanted to remedy this. The lady was one of the strong pillars of the Ridge. To his knowledge she had never left, and now was the only one not of Archer blood. Why he felt her loyalty was with Elettra  he was overly curious about why. If she viewed Nicolo the same as she did the matriarch. What perhaps kept her here. What she might think about Angier and Niles disappearance. Like anything else it was one step at a time.

While often he took note of the prey she returned with for the pack day after day. How she managed, he couldn't say. The rouge admired her hard work from a distance. He couldn't seek her out despite having a reason. His tongue felt heavy here. He wanted to be careful not to jeopardize what he had. Everything seemed so fragile in his new eyes. He didn't have to try when it came to screwing things up.

When golden light branched across the sky, her black and white figure against the pale browns, and bright orange caught his eye . She was up and at 'em already. This time, he shuffled his paws to follow quickly. But, the lady's stride was rapid, and he let out a woof to catch her attention. "Care if I join you today?" He presumed she was on the hunt again. He hoped he wasn't wrong. But, it wouldn't be the first time.

(This post was last modified: Oct 05, 2016, 03:26 AM by Renier.)
[Image: ps_sig_by_becuffin-dc2lwrc.png]
Played by AshBash who has 476 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Enoki Archer
Like clockwork the magpie was up and ready to go the moment the first rays of dawn's golden tinted light broke through the gradually lessening foliage of the drooped boughs, a quick shake once her slender frame emerged from her personal den starting the process of getting her blood pumping through her veins. Paw running down the metaphorical checklist, ebony limbs wasted no time in covering as much ground as they could. That was until an unexpected woof caused her once rapid pace to falter, head angling to settle smoldering amber eyes onto a familiar yet oh so foreign face after coming to a halt. Now what reason could @Renier have to seek her out when neither bothered to associate with the other the last time he roamed these willows? Enoki had come to notice his scent lingering in the area once more, not blind to his recent return, but indeed curious as to why he decided to come back. Especially after being silently aware of the happenings between himself and the former Archer queen.

Thoughts toward the past were swiftly discarded as an ebony ear rotated toward the Lyall when his voice broke the early morning silence spare the chirps of already bustling birds. Hardly was there a morning where the work savvy wolf woke before the birds. Brow raised in curiosity for a moment, the magpie nodded her head with a smile slowly finding its way onto her inky lips at his request after allowing a small spell of silence to fall between them, figuring two wolves could accomplish more in the same period of time it took her to do them alone. "Not at all. Can't recall the last time someone offered to join me for a hunting trip. I'm usually a solitary worker, but the company and added muscle would be appreciated and a nice change up to my daily routine." Gradually her smile widened into a more friendly one, the ivory dipped tail at her haunches lifting partially to give an equally good nature wave. Regardless of his reasons for both leaving and returning again, what better time than now to allow him to turn over a new leaf?
(This post was last modified: Oct 05, 2016, 04:33 AM by Enoki.)
Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall
Renier Lyall

When her bright stare found him, it seemed like a brief eternity for answer. As if there was a twitch was in the back of his skull. Ticking away to break his patience. Test what was left of his resolve, and shatter his resilience. These past months the mantra had been "fake it till you make it." So far it had worked. Being born overconfident hadn't hurt. But, it wouldn't take much for him to take back his question, turn around. Try at a much later date. He was starting to think he really sucked in the women department more than most.

Air filled his lungs. Then he could tell he had simply surprised her. No, it didn't make much sense. He wished he was more gracious and sociable like his mother, and he was trying. He hoped maybe not now, but sometime she would see he was trying to make up for past wrongs. Be a better version of himself. Keep them alive through the winter....

Whether it was good upbringing, a kind heart, a bit of both she finally, nodded. A form of a smile. The sigh he let out was evident, but quickly covered with the small grin. "Really?" He kinda figured others went with her now and again. But, it probably had been ages since they had a real pack hunt. Brows were knit briefly in his puzzlement, a look he often held. But, he dismissed it as cream legs made the distance between them. "I wasn't sure if you preferred lone hunts, but thought it wouldn't hurt to offer. You seem to do a lot these days." There was no hitch in his speech. His anxiety had easily slipped back into the corner it had com from. For now.

"I'll try to keep pace," he added, letting be known he had no problem following her lead. She knew what she was doing, and he didn't exactly have a sense of where their best opportunity for dinner would be.

(This post was last modified: Oct 05, 2016, 05:23 AM by Renier.)
Inactive No Rank
Enoki Archer
Ebony ears slightly twitched forward catching the sigh he released, the softest of chuckles leaving her inky lips at his own dose of surprise that laid beneath his words while bright amber eyes watched his frame effortlessly close the gap between them. At his statement the magpie woman gave a nonchalant shrug of her ivory clad shoulders, picking up the pace in her stride as she began to lead her new hunting companion toward the outskirts of the umbrella shaped timbers. "I have no preference in all honesty when it comes to hunting, but with our numbers dangerously low and a young cub to provide for now I've felt a need to up the ante. So I use any free time I have to try and bring something back daily." Without causing dilatory in her step, her head angled to the side to glance at the Lyall at her side. "But it is nice to hear my efforts are being noticed." A soft smile settled upon her lips, momentarily letting her gaze hold his for a split second before her gaze focused on the path ahead again as her steps easily fell into rhythm with his own.

A small amount of silence fell between the duo, the piebald woman lowering her head briefly to nudge her nose against the gradually building piles of fallen foliage from the timbers surrounding them in hopes of stirring up a scent trail that smelled promising, snorting in disappointment at the lack of an edible scent trail before lifting her head to give @Renier her near full attention once more. "Do you have much experience with hunting?" Enoki asked casually in an attempt to keep the air casual between them, genuinely curious to learn whatever he was willing to reveal about himself while an ear remained trained on their surroundings should something of interest catch either of their attention. Lately the huntress in training had noticed signs of a deer herd foraging awfully close to the Ridge. Frequent hoof tracks in the mud and piles of droppings further solidifying her suspicions. Hopefully lady luck was in a good mood today and the deer continued their careless behavior leaving the two of them with a chance to possibly come across a nice easy target that would provide themselves with a solid meal.
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A young deer has been separated from the rest of its herd. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall
Renier Lyall

The woman of the Ridge had never exactly been easy going. Her amusement came out softly, not cruel. Just humored by his own response. Then a lift of her shoulders, if it wasn't something that mattered. That was a breath of fresh air. He was use to the smallest of things, going off in the wrongest of ways. She continued, carrying the same mindset as they set off, explaining.

Dark, red ears were cupped forward, eyes shifting from landscape to her inky coat. "No easy task," he quietly replied. Wrapping around the dynamic the Ridge was now. How much more she had to do herself. She didn't seem bitter about it. He wondered what she had felt about the other Archer children, but didn't think he would break that subject any time soon. There was another soft smile given, and it threw him off. He was was only able to stare back, eventually nodding in turn. Happy focus was on where they were going so he didn't have to try not to sound like an imbecile.

When she paused to search, he did the same. Trotting to the opposite side, scanning the thin twigs of brush for deer. It wasn't until her voice rose did he glance her way. "Yes, my mother insisted we gain the skill, because we would all be dependent on it without many adults in our pack. But, she also liked us to be rounded when it came to skills so at least we had a little bit of everything. But, I don't think I could ever only be a hunter.." There was a faint smile. He wasn't trying to mock her skill, merely the idea he wouldn't be so great at it.  It seemed like a long time ago. Finding Renegade's Reach, a growing yearling, hunting with Ryvet and Calla. Back when Borden had a sound mind, and only a mild limp. Then it seemed everything went on a downhill run.

"Are you our Lead Hunter?" He asked in turn, interest in his tone. Sadly, he couldn't remember. There was something pulling at him. "Did you have a brother? Mordacai?" He remembered sparring with the fellow, and hunting down some foxes. They had gotten along well, both wanting to be Guardians. Suddenly, once the name came out he was afraid it might pull on something.  In his moment of anxiety, he continued a little further, investigating.  Then he got a strong whiff of the herd she had likely been keeping a watch on. Where? He inhaled, turning sharply left. "Ah ha!" Tail gave a steady beat. "Think we found what you were hoping..." Muzzle pointed in the direction of the fresh hoof prints.

(This post was last modified: Oct 18, 2016, 04:02 AM by Renier.)
Inactive No Rank
Enoki Archer
Major apologies for the long wait! @Renier

Smoldering amber eyes shifted their gaze from the moldy leaves scattered at her paws to the agouti male just off to her side once he began to answer her question, ears cupped forward in complete curiosity to listen intently to what he had to say about the subject. From what she gathered he had grown up with quite the woman as his mother. To be taught how to be well rounded in all skills was not something everyone had the luxury of having. Recalling her own childhood there was always a high demand for hunters granted the abundance of prey that called their mountainside abode home. Hardly any strife was had with the neighboring pack either thanks to an offering made long before Enoki and her littermates were little fetus' within their mother's belly.

Life was grand among the Calarosa mountain range, but pleasant memories of home were cut short when Renier's words brought her back to reality, informing her that despite being well versed in a variety of skills hunting was not something he could see himself doing solely. At this she gave an understanding nod of her head, another smile inching back the inky lining of her lips. "That's understandable, but your mother sounds like a wonderful woman and a wise one at that to have given you more than just a single skill." The genuine kindness of her words easily reaching the amber hue of her eyes. before the man before her asked his own question. In response she gave but a mild shake of her head, the smile never quite leaving her lips. "Sadly, I have not come to earn that title officially, but that is something I am indeed interesting in acquiring." After all the hard work Enoki has put in over the years keeping the pack well fed, wasn't that the least she deserved? A reward for her efforts.

Then she was hit with another question and the name of her brother whom had resided among the willows for a short time, this one managing to wipe the smile clean off her face. A tightness began to claim her chest and throat, the back of her eyes beginning to prickle with the threat of tears forming. Clearly the magpie woman was still wounded by the bad terms they had departed on the last time the Ashrelle siblings had been around one another, but now was not the time to let her emotions get away from her. Luckily he seemed to pick up on the discomfort it brought Enoki without her having to mutter a word; as if she could even do right now. The question was swiftly dropped and the man made an attempt to change the subject, his agouti form darting forward to investigate what appeared to be a set of fresh tracks. 

Glad for the distraction the two toned woman swallowed the lump in her throat and took a moment to collect herself, ebony limbs striding over toward where he stood to investigate the tracks while rounded ears rotated off to the side as he spoke. "It seems we have. You up for a good run?" She taunted, all signs of her previous distress whisked away at the snap of a finger as if nothing was even said. Ivory dipped tail lifting to wave behind her haunches in anticipation for the looming hunt.

Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall
Renier Lyall

It was painful to think of his mother. It had been a long time since they had spoken. He often wished she was here. He felt she was far better off with Trisden at the Reach. Tris had her own life in order, and he was sure a promise of another generation to come. Two things he could not give Jayse. Now his father was gone, she needed stability. A family unite.

Politely, and with interest his sight drifted to her dark mask. Enoki's kind words instantly brought a wide smile he could not help nor that he had worn for a time, to his cream muzzle. He would always be proud of his mother. "Thank you, she is, and I often miss her advice. But, she's better off with my eldest sister. Lady Elettra was actually her second, and the reason I joined the Ridge in the first place." Among other things. But, he hated dwelling in the past, it did no good to wish different choices had been made. His puzzlement she was not was seen in the brush of his eyebrows. "Then I'm sure you soon will." Sincerity was in his voice, a trace of a smile holding on. Maybe, it was a matter that had been put off simply because of all the happenings. He did not see why she should not hold it. In the mean time he was hoping to be an official Guardian.

A grimace marred his mask as he saw how that single name had immediately affected her. He understood the pain too well, and was sorry he had mentioned it. He would have to try to right it out later. Though, he wasn't convinced he would breech the subject again. They were still strangers, and he wouldn't blame her should he never find out.

The promise of deer would keep any more awkwardness aside. How swiftly she returned to her prior self. His russet banner wagged in turn. It would be nice to bring a kill back to the pack. Everyone full at once, and a little to spare. Another step in the right direction. "Of course. I'll do my best to keep up." A playful glint carried to his golden irises. At his words, he did try to keep pace with the swift foot, also trying to be undetected by their prey. He hoped she would either signal or merely tell him what she would have him do to help. Their would always be the want to do as he was told when it came to females of the Ridge.

(This post was last modified: Dec 01, 2016, 03:59 AM by Renier. Edit Reason: typos )
Inactive No Rank
Enoki Archer
Is the worst @Renier

The smile upon her lips grew a fraction in size as the energy she exuded was thankfully absorbed by the agouti man, noticing the playful glint that filled his golden gaze following his words of keeping up. All traces of the awkward situation only moments prior officially forgotten about now that hunting was the sole focus on their minds. "Good, we'll follow the tracks to find the herd first and survey them to look for any individuals that appear young, sickly, or too old to keep up with the rest before we make our move." If there was one thing the magpie liked to have set before the actual hunt began, it was a game plan.

Nodding her head once smoldering amber eyes shifted their gaze from the creamy mask of the man at her side to lower her snout toward the set of tracks in the mud, inhaling the cervidae's scent deeply into her lungs to make tracking their scent trail easier to follow. Once satisfied she had acquire a good whiff an ivory shoulder bumped into Renier's own in a display of comradery before bounding forward while keeping aware of the twigs underfoot that could possibly bring their hunt to a swift end should the deer be spooked too soon. Coal black nose to the air Enoki's patchy silhouette weaved in a zig-zag type pattern through the timbers, her pace remaining steady while following the trail and occasionally throwing a quick glance over a shoulder back at him to keep tabs on his location.

Soon enough the sound of antlers colliding together caught the woman's attention, rounded ears pivoting forward to focus on the noise while ebony limbs slowed to a walk and inky frame habitually hunkered down to conceal herself the best she could; which wasn't easy when your fur was the two most stark colors out there, by using the local shrub bushes and vegetation as shields from the wandering eyes of the herd monitor. No doubt the younger males yet to pass on their seed were gearing up for war again to claim the does whom remained non-impregnated late in the season, a good sign for the hungry wolves. With the bucks distracted by their raging desire to spread their genetics they would be too focused on the females and rival males to give the looming threat the wolves posed any attention if they weren't already exhausted enough from defending the females that grazed near by. 

"This looks promising." She spoke above a hushed whisper after glancing toward Renier once he drew close enough, her attention returning to the herd to watch them closely. "Keep an eye out for a potential target. Remember we're looking for either really young, sickly, or older individuals. They make for the easiest kills due to their inexperience and failing health."

Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall
@Enoki you can feel free to pp them moving forward with the hunt :3
Renier Lyall

The information was met with a nod of understanding. They would look, and then decide which one to pursue. He liked that strategy, especially considering it was only the two of them and they'd never worked together before.

A bump to his shoulder was a surprise, but welcome none the less. It was nice to feel like he was part of a functioning pack. For whatever had happened in the moment at least they were two pack mates working together. He had hope it was a pattern to continue. Quickly, the rouge took pursuit, all while minding the tangle of the forest floor beneath. They desperately needed this hunt to go well, and couldn't afford a single mistake. Especially, so early in the game. With the hunter on the trail, he tried to keep her in his sights, and remain stealthy in his course.

The rogue's nose tipped in the direction of the crash. This would be interesting. Two bucks fighting would be an ideal for them. But, they were quite close. He tried to shrink himself closer to the ground, copying the hunter in using cover, while tip toeing with the dark and ivory lady. Now and again he'd catch sight through the wisps of twigs, and dying leaves to see the herd. When she stopped he did, but he was scanning one to the next. It was a battle ground, and the females seemed unimpressed so far.

He offered a short nod to the comment, now they just needed to decide who. Which one did they have the greatest chance of getting? For a moment he didn't say anything. It was hard not to watch the bucks continue their battle. Eyes slipped over to the doe, studying. Most seemed of good health, but then one began to walk. There was a limp to her hind leg, and he zoomed upon it, below the hock the bone veered at an odd angle. Mindful, he shifted closer to the hunter so they were neck and neck. "See the one farthest back, edging along that tree," he murmured, waiting for her to find it.

(This post was last modified: Jan 09, 2017, 10:35 PM by Renier.)