(See All?) Announcements
328 Users Online
Chan, Juniper, Google, Bing, Apolline, Adelard, Apollo

you've got the love i need to see me through — Larkcall Lowlands 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ace who has 377 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kyna Argyris Archer
RE: There sky is lighting up with an early aurora borealis! Reds and green lights dance across the nighttime sky for hours.
For @Greer!  Thought it high time to take a visit.  (:

I should have come sooner.

There was not changing that now, she knew.  Weeks turned into months, and suddenly the seasons changed from the warmth of fall to the threatening chill of autumn.  Oh, she loved the weather, loved even more what it threatened to bring – winter reminded her of the mountainside, even if she’d fled into the forest with Aponi at the very beginning of the season.  It was cold and stark, just like her beloved Riddle Heights – but that was for another time.  Dancing across the sky above was another reminder of the changing seasons, and a stronger reminder still of a very special time, and a very special wolf.

Kyna ran faster.  Kyna ran harder, harder than she ever had in her entire life, entire form stretching to its full length as she raced through the forest and over open ground.  North, the man had said, and so north she went, following the lights as if they knew just where to take her.  It took more than a day and a night, but the solar storms continued, and so did the redhead, resting when the sun was high, and following the dancing lights as soon as they emerged.

It was the massive stone structure in the distance that brought her to a halt, sides heaving as she stared.  This seemed like the place, right?  For wolves to live?  There were many scents in the distance, and with hope in her heart, the girl lifted her chin and sang into the cold air, ignoring the snowflakes that started to fall, that threatened to cover up the beauty lighting up the sky. 

“Greer!”

Resources by freepik.com, table by Kydnt
Played by Arla who has 556 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Greer Archer-Lyall
dead because kreer is a beautiful thing <3 PRINCE CHARMING IS COMING~
@Kyna trying to be vague about scouting missions b/c threads haven't finished yet :x

He had meant to visit her after his return to Willow Ridge — he had even been granted an extension to the scouting mission in order to spend time with his family closest friend. However, the meeting had left a bitter taste in his mouth and reminded him why he had chosen to leave the willows behind. It was no longer his home and it would never be his home again. He did not plan on returning for quite some time — not unless he was compelled to visit his mother.

Instead of detouring east, the shadow had returned with his pale scouting partner. He had desperately wanted to go visit his scarlet friend but he did not want to bring her down with the negative cloud that hovered above him. She did not deserve that; Kyna only deserved all the happiness in the world.

Since arriving back at the monadnock the shadow busied himself with surveying the lowlands, ensuring the borders were adequately marked and that there were no trespassers lurking about. Sleep, as usual, evaded him. Sometimes, in the dim light of the morning, Greer was able to sleep for a few hours before the sun rose to its midday perch. At night he thrived. Whether it was stargazing or patrolling, Greer was out most of the night. As a creature born of the darkness, it was where he truly belonged.

For the past few nights the sky had been alive; filled with moving colours that lasted for hours. This meant the night no longer belonged to just him as the number of spectators increased. Disgruntled, the shadow had slunk away from the rock before the show begun. He wandered, aimlessly, through the lowlands as the sun fell behind the horizon. The air grew colder with each passing night, his breath often appearing in small clouds before him. Tonight was no different — snowflakes fell from the sky, threatening to disturb the flash of colours that danced across the sea of stars. A howl disrupted his solo viewing party, his head snapping in the direction of its origin. Kyna! Without hesitation, the shadow flung himself forward, his deer-like legs carrying him quickly across the tundra. She had found him! Joy surged through his body, consuming him, as he sprinted toward her. Once the redhead came into view the shadow slowed his pace, his paws only stopping once his forehead was pressed against her shoulder. A soft smile broke his stoic exterior; he had missed her.

[Image: ZvqKvOV.png][Image: ah_by_a_yellow_bird-db6f40a.png]
Inactive No Rank
Kyna Argyris Archer
@Greer -- These two make me so happy.  ;w;  #1 priority for the rest of the month, ahhh.  What cute little beans.

The silence that followed her howl was almost deafening – ears strained as hard as did her fire lit eyes, searching the darkness for any sign of her shadowy friend.  While her nose informed her that there were most certainly wolves living in the area, it was difficult to pick out any particular individual from the muddied swath of scents in the area.  Heart still pounding in her chest, Kyna was beginning to consider a second call to action when motion beneath the dancing lights caught the corner of her eye.  The yearling turned, ears flicking forward as she recognized the wolf’s outline in an instant.  She would know that boy anywhere.

“Greer!” she crooned happily, rearing up on hind limbs to spring towards the other and meet him half way.

As soon as she was in reach, Kyna brushed her cheek against the other’s, tail wagging happily behind her as she nuzzled into his plush winter coat.  She had done it.  All on her own, she’d traveled from the oak trees to find her closest of friends on his tundra.  Her eyes sparkled in the aurora’s low light, coat twinkling with the snowflakes as she jogged around him in a happy circle, unable to contain the utter delight.  “I found you,” she hummed breathlessly, reaching in for a happy nibble. “I told you I would come, and I did.  I found you, all the way here.  I did it – oh, Greer!  I am very happy to see you.”

(This post was last modified: Nov 01, 2016, 02:45 PM by Kyna.)
Inactive No Rank
Greer Archer-Lyall
NOTHING ELSE MATTERS i have so many threads to catch up to but nothing makes me happier than these two omg ;_; <3 @Kyna so precious

He did not care how long it had been. Of course, he wished their clandestine visits were closer together, but it did not matter. All that mattered right now was that she had found him. Kyna had gone searching for him, instead of him seeking her out. The shadow’s throat grew tight as he studied the strawberry blonde with a softened gaze, his coyote-like ears falling back against his skull. He certainly was proud of her for finding him all on her own — the lowlands stretched over the north, making it difficult to pinpoint the wolves who resided in the desolate land. Perhaps the lights helped his friend find her way to the north…

His forepaws danced very uncharacteristically atop the snow as she pranced around him, the aurora illuminating her movements. The scarlet wolf had a habit of being able to break Greer’s character, drawing him out of the dark shell he preferred to inhabit. At first he did not like it, and he desperately wanted to recoil against her words, but he couldn’t. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn’t. Her presence, along with her voice, was a strange source of comfort — one he did not know he had needed until she unexpectedly entered his life.

“Greer happy see Ky,” he admitted in a low voice, his mercury gaze avoiding hers as he absently examined the light show above them. A faint, almost undetectable, smile had managed to work it's way onto his dark lips. And he truly was happy to see her. 

Inactive No Rank
Kyna Argyris Archer
@Greer -- Struggles...I can do this!

As Kyna danced, her dark prince danced with her, and she could have sung out with the joy of it as they did a foxtrot to a beat only heard somewhere in their own hearts, relishing the moment in the flickering lights and the falling snow.  Eventually, the prancing did stop, Greer’s harsh, gravelly tone filling the void between them.  She had come to love nothing more than that singular sound, and the redhead crooned softly, padding over to her dearest friend, nuzzling against his cheek.  Her pink tongue flicked out, underneath his chin.  “I’m glad,” she hummed, the happiness evident in her fire bright eyes. “Would be a bit awkward if you weren’t, I think.”

But there was no reason to dwell on that.

Kyna nuzzled into the shadow’s side for a second time before drawing away, gaze captivated by the outline of the monadnock in the distance.  Her tail gave a small wiggle – it was not as similar to her beloved mountaintop as she’d once imagined, but that did not squash her interest in the strange geological feature.  “Are you happy here, Greer?  Is it a good home?” she asked, tipping her head to one side.  “I like how open it is.  No trees.  You can see the lights.”

Inactive No Rank
Greer Archer-Lyall
@Kyna <333333333

Greer felt his cheeks go warm beneath his obsidian fur at her comment, and he was immediately grateful for both the colour of his fur and the night sky above them. He smiled, awkwardly, beneath the lights as he pressed his cold nose to her forehead once their dancing paused. The day that the shadow grew tired of seeing his scarlet friend was the day he no longer wanted to live in Relic Lore. He was grateful for their (unexpected) friendship. While he still preferred to be on his own, drowning in the silence that surrounded him, he would take Kyna’s presence over that any day.

As his mercury gaze trailed to the swirling colours overhead her silky voice came once more — this time in the form of two questions. His ear twitched, along with the corners of his lips. For a moment, he remained quiet, enjoying the serenity of the aurora before disturbing the air with his broken speech. “Greer happy,” he started, voice low as he kept his pupils focused on the sky. He nodded, softly, in agreement to her comment about the openness of the tundra. He, too, liked the absence of trees. It had taken some time to get used to the tundra — he had spent quite some time re-learning how to stalk and blend into his surroundings without being noticed — but Greer had grown to appreciate his new home.

“Good home yes.” He nodded, again, as he lowered his gaze. “Greer not miss trees,” he added with a lop-sided grin and a soft chuckle accompanying his words. He paused, again, mercury gaze studying his friend curiously. “Ky happy?”

Inactive No Rank
Kyna Argyris Archer

“Good.  I am very glad to hear it.”

Kyna smiled as her friend explained – in great detail for him, she rather thought – his pleasure with his new home.  The man had grown up in a forest, whereas she’d grown up on the side of a mountain with only a few, scraggly bushes clinging to the rocky earth.  It was a much bigger change, probably as living in the great forests that the Oak Tree Bend pack called home was for her.  However, he seemed to have taken to it much better than she did, and for that, the youngest Argyris could be glad.

“Oh, I miss my mountain,” she answered easily.  That was nothing new.  But there were still no packs, living up on her beloved heights, and no reason for her to return there.  (And for this, Kyna could be glad, at least for now.  There was likely not much she could appreciate in someone else taking over the home she’d once loved so dearly.)

“But I am okay.  Happy enough, I suppose.  Things with my mother are…alright, and my alpha has been teaching me some things.”  Kyna rolled her shoulders in a slow shrug. “But you aren’t there.  So it is not perfect.”

Inactive No Rank
Greer Archer-Lyall

Oh, the things he said.  Sure, his tongue might not match his silver eyes, but that harsh voice and few choice words sent sparks singing through her spine all the same.  Before she knew it, an airy laugh fell from the girl’s lips, her eyes dancing like sparks from a flame.  “I suppose you are correct,” she hummed, pleasure evident as she bumped her shoulder against her friend’s.  “I do not need you near.  But I most certainly want you closer – and that’s reason enough, isn’t it?”

No, Greer in Oak Tree Bend would not make it perfect.  Quite frankly, there was nothing that could make Oak Tree Bend perfect…but what was perfect but some silly word applied to some silly notion that nothing would ever be hard?  She’d gone through too much in her few seasons to believe in such a thing.

“And maybe nothing will ever be perfect at all…but that’s okay.  I am not perfect.  Neither are you, and I adore you just the same.  And I think, as long as we have each other, we will be okay, won’t we?  Not perfect, but not perfect doesn’t mean we aren’t happy.  And that’s all I want, I think, in the end.  To be happy.”

To be with you.

(This post was last modified: Dec 14, 2016, 05:39 PM by Kyna.)
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
A lynx has left behind the remains of a deer. +5 Health
Inactive No Rank
Kyna Argyris Archer

Oh, the things he said.  Sure, his tongue might not match his silver eyes, but that harsh voice and few choice words sent sparks singing through her spine all the same.  Before she knew it, an airy laugh fell from the girl’s lips, her eyes dancing like sparks from a flame.  “I suppose you are correct,” she hummed, pleasure evident as she bumped her shoulder against her friend’s.  “I do not need you near.  But I most certainly want you closer – and that’s reason enough, isn’t it?”

No, Greer in Oak Tree Bend would not make it perfect.  Quite frankly, there was nothing that could make Oak Tree Bend perfect…but what was perfect but some silly word applied to some silly notion that nothing would ever be hard?  She’d gone through too much in her few seasons to believe in such a thing.

“And maybe nothing will ever be perfect at all…but that’s okay.  I am not perfect.  Neither are you, and I adore you just the same.  And I think, as long as we have each other, we will be okay, won’t we?  Not perfect, but not perfect doesn’t mean we aren’t happy.  And that’s all I want, I think, in the end.  To be happy.”

To be with you.

(This post was last modified: Dec 14, 2016, 05:40 PM by Kyna.)