(See All?) Announcements
661 Users Online
Google, Bing

Family Tree — Spectral Woods 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Siki who has 80 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ruenna Tainn
She saw the affect that the name had on Triell, recognised the reaction as almost the exact same one she had experienced upon hearing Darrah's full name. She could not help but wonder what her uncle thought had happened to his brother, what truth he had told himself, what he had come to accept. It must have been much the same that her father had expressed, but the opposite way around; love, and a desperate hope that they were happy and healthy and safe.

It felt strange to be this affected, rendered inert and practically speechless, for seeing the glee in the other girl's eyes would normally have set her off entirely, but everything was happening at once and miraculously, Ruenna Tainn was being left in the dust, unable to keep up. There was something in Triell's eyes which just entranced her. Even as the chocolate girl came up to welcome her to the family - because Rue had a family again holy shit this was real - all she could muster was a grin and wag of the tail, a fraction of her usual enthusiasm.

And the reason for her dampeners made itself clear at her uncle's question, the one she had dreaded.

Perhaps her expression said it all, the way she wilted, her smile pained as her brows knitted together. "No," she whispered, and felt herself break apart just a little bit more at acknowledging it, at having to say that to one of the few wolves who would be similarly torn apart by it. "It's... just me."
Played by Sarah who has 612 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sahalie Leigh
@Triell it's your turn I believe. Don't know if we'll have to skip Darrah or what. this thread's so old :C
Her eyes had quickly moved to her father's face, anxious to see what sort of reaction this new found relative would bring out of him. To her surprise he seemed... too neutral. Sure, his mouth fell open in shock but nothing else about his face appeared to change. He looked neutral, as if he didn't know what to think, which seemed crazy to Sahalie: this was family, this was a piece of Kinis, how could he not be happy? How could he not show it. Sahalie was happy. Darrah was happy. But then her father finally spoke from his open jaws and she realized why his expression had been so empty—what her father had really had been wondering all along had been about Kinis. Yeah, it was probably a shock. Cautiously her dark tail continued to wiggle behind her, eager to get on with the show.

Oh.

So careless, Sahalie had ignored the gradual deflating of the pale girl beside her and it all suddenly came to a head now with the definitive "no." Her mouth tightened, her body tightened. It was impossible to know what to think or feel about the death of a family member she had never met, or why it was—and at this her heart felt like it was chipping—it was "just" Ruenna. What about her other family members like her mother or any siblings? Why was she alone now. What had happened?

Awkwardly the girl stood there, eyes flicking back and forth between her father and Ruenna. Occasionally she remembered that Darrah was here too. Her nose booped the underside of Ruenna's chin, the only gesture she could come up with to express her sympathy to a girl she didn't really know.

But she was family.
[Image: sahalie_by_loccian_love-dc6mt9c.png]
[Image: sahalie-greypixel01.gif]
Played by Switch who has 960 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
@Ruenna if you want to add a post or archive I'll leave it to you.

I'll be the bright in black
The sweet girl's joy seemed to crumble beneath the question. Both their happiness shortly lived. He had to press his eyes closed, large ears flattened back. He had thought his brother had died so young, and terrible much like little Rissa. But, now he told himself Kinis had lived. He had had a family, and his daughter now alone had found Triell. If that wasn't a nice gesture from life he wasn't sure what was.

It was in that moment he collected himself, with a new desire suddenly made and found. But, it was only after Sahalie's action did he react. It was a crooked smile heavy with sadness he gently brushed his muzzle to the girl's crown as he would have to his own. "I had thought him gone for some time now. But, you are proof that least a while he had happiness of his own." It was a strange comfort he supposed, but something to have. these days every bit of light was needed. "You are not alone Ruenna. You have us now. I bet you have much you wish to know.." He stepped back to meet her eyes, a slow beat of his tail. Offering her to live here, and be part of a large family.

(This post was last modified: Nov 22, 2016, 05:47 PM by Triell.)
[Image: triellpix_by_euphoriclies-d98abbc.png]
are you with me through it all?
[Image: cad_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amr.png]