196 Users Online
Bing, Google

Tag, you're it. — Thicket of Secrets 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Maeby who has 63 posts.
Inactive V. Yearling
Rose Hervok
@Miccah @Aideen
Sorry, I would have done this OOC but I wanted to get a thread in before the activity check and I know I'll be busy this weekend x_x
@Ash @Korrin feel free to make an appearance if you want ^^;

For better or for worse, Rose was officially standing back at the boarders of her former home. A long trip away had definitely done the fae some good, and she finally felt ready enough to reunite with her family once more. This time, with a whole new attitude to accompany her. No longer did she care that her precious 'princess' title had been taken away, no longer did she yearn for something 'more' than what she already was. The Hervok had been nothing short of a brat her first year alive on this planet, and it was past time she did something to make up for all of that. "Well, here goes nothing.." The yearling hummed before finally letting out a call to the alpha's.

First, Rose would apologize for disappearing for so long without notice. Once amends were made, she'd inform the leaders of the discovery made in her travels north. Then, well, she'd have to apologize to her family, assuming they didn't just show up after hearing her call.. And then.. Maybe, just maybe, she'd feel confident enough to finally reunite with Nineva. Though only time could truly tell, for that was definitely a nerve wrecking action to even think about accomplishing. "One step at a time.." she reassured herself, waiting patiently for someone to make an appearance.

Tell me what to do to make it all feel better.

Rose Hervok

(This post was last modified: Aug 11, 2016, 08:28 AM by Rose.)
[Image: 5FXgyaa.gif]
Played by PuppyThief who has 418 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Aideen Smoke-Athesila
Don't worry, I prefer to do this IC anyway :P

Aideen Athesila

A light, clear voice rang out through the thicket, causing a taupe-dusted, russet head to jerk up, ears twitching high. Whatever the queen of Secret Woodlands had been in the middle of doing was promptly forgotten, ears flattening back as she spun and practically galloped through the dense woods, towards the borders. That was not a voice she had expected to hear again anytime soon, but she recognized it straight away, heart speeding up in anxious elation. When it had become evident that Rose was gone from the Thicket, Aideen had thought she'd gone to be with her sister, it seemed the logical conclusion. Between puppies and herb gathering, as well as the building relations with White Fir Notch, she simply hadn't gotten father with any investigation. This failing was plaguing her terribly, especially after she felt she'd let down Ash once already, when @Nineva ran away. Now, it seemed fate had been merciful, bringing back the Hervok daughter in much shorter time than it had taken for her family to be reunited the last time.

Clearing the last bramble, Aideen skidded to a holt in front of the russet shewolf, rather breathless after her dash. "Rose," She welcomed the yearling with a smile, tail starting to wag as she saw that the girl looked healthy. I took another few moments for her to fully catch her breath, collecting herself into a more proper stance, with lifted head and tail swaying high; Though she still lagged quite a bit in reaching the height of the younger wolf. "It's so good to have you back! We've all been so worried." The tiniest of creases formed between the leader's brows, her voice, though mostly warm, gaining the smallest tone of reprimand. Especially Korrin and their father had been out of themselves, though of course doing their best to hide it. But Aideen would leave it to them to berate her more strictly; This DOES seem to be a tendency in the family…

Word count: 330

Thoughts ”Speech”  

Played by Mily who has 268 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Miccah Athesila

The call, though a familiar voice, was definitely an unexpected one. Like Nineva, Rose was here one day and the next day she wasn't. It had been tough to watch Ash feel joy for reuniting with his long lost daughter and then lose another one in such quick a time. But it was tougher to watch the boy, Korrin, suffer through it. Losing Nineva had nearly driven the boy insane, and now he had lost his other sister. And to what? Wanderlust? Childhood wondering? Whatever it was, he needed to know. She was still a child, but she needed to know that once she became an adult something like this simply just wouldn't do. Making bad choices always brought a consequence, whether adult or child. So he left his border patrol to answer to the call, but it seemed his wife had already beat him to her. She was smiling, and he had no doubt AIdeen felt joy at her return. He did too. But where his wife was kind and embracing, Miccah was neutral and kept his steady gaze on Ash's daughter. There was no need to beat around the bush, and his mate had already expressed their joy at her return. Yet, Rose was a child. And not his child, although a part of his pack. It was a fine line to tread.

"Rose...welcome home." Waiting a few beats, the dark king continued. "Why did you leave?"

"speech"

(This post was last modified: Aug 15, 2016, 12:01 AM by Miccah.)
Inactive V. Yearling
Rose Hervok
Sorry! Shouldn't take this long to respond again, didn't realize how long I'd taken xD!!

A small smile graced the auburn fae's lips as her superior darted through the clearing to greet her. "Thanks," the yearling hummed in response to her alpha's words. "I hadn't meant to be away for so long.." Not that she had any right to leave without a proper goodbye in the first place, however the past was unfortunately just that. No sense in wallowing over it now. "A couple of days at most..But.."

Before Rose could carry on with her sentence, another face made an appearance, and this one seemingly not as excited. The fae couldn't really say she blamed the male, however she was sort of hoping to save all the awkward explanations for her father and brother. "Thank you sir.." She bowed, wondering if there were really any 'right words' to respond with in this sort of scenario. "I suppose I.. Well, I guess I just needed some time to clear my head.. However the way I went about it was completely irrational, believe me I know. I've had plenty of time to reflect on how awful I've been up until this point, and I only wish to come home now and make up for it all.. I behaved childishly, and I'd like to sincerely apologize for that.." Mother be good she hoped a simple apology would do for now, for the child had nothing else to offer up. "I've been reborn, so to speak.. Silly mishaps like this won't happen again, I can promise you.."

Inactive No Rank
Aideen Smoke-Athesila
Aideen Athesila

The girl's smile was nervous, and despite her warm welcome, Aideen couldn't blame her. She remained silent though, expression still soft as she let the youngster answer for herself. Obviously she knew what she had done, clear regret and what seemed like honest remorse in her voice. She hadn't spoken much though, before a rustling in the thicket interrupted them. The queen needed not turn her head to know who was approaching, and it automatically made her relax a little, loosening up her dominant stance as her, much more imposing, mate came to stand by her side. She offered a small brush of his shoulder in greeting, though his attention was fixed on Rose, and he didn't waste much time in getting to the blunt of things.

The woman could have cringed at the harshness in his voice, but it was a fair question, and one she wanted answer to as well. There didn't seem to be much of it though, it truly sounded like the girl had just wandered off without thought; But why did you stay away so long?! Aideen was more sad than anything really, that the child had apparently not felt properly at home in the Woodlands, and had left them to find space. The aplhess shook her head lightly, she was ready to accept the apology, and still stood by her decision to leave any more scolding up to Ash, all that was left was to make sure something like this didn't happen again. Rose seemed to be clear on that as well, and Aideen nodded at her final promise; "Well then, your home is as you left it, I'm sure your father and brother will be happy to see you." There wasn't much else for her to say, the girl had already made all clear; "Just… Don't let this happen again." She looked to Miccah then, to see if he had more to add. She highly doubted he would have anything against letting the yearling rejoin her family, after all it was the first misstep of a wolf, not much more than a child, but he might have more concrete conditions, to assure she didn't do something similar in the future.

Word count: 367

Thoughts ”Speech”  

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
Shallow water has trapped several fish in a small pond. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive Deceased
Miccah Athesila
@Rose @Aideen One more round and then we fade?

The dark king watched the yearling as she began her story, explaining why she had disappeared in the first place. He did nothing, and only listened. It was reasonable for a girl her age to have these thoughts, all children and even adults needed time to think at times, but she had been gone longer than a few days. Miccah mentally sighed, now knowing the full story and though he wasn't happy with her choices, he had to remember she was only a child. And she had come back home, safe and sound - that's what was important. Yet, he wanted to truly drill into her head the gravity of her actions if this happened in the future. His wife spoke his thoughts first, letting the girl know that this shouldn't happen again.

"I don't like deserters. Do you understand, Rose?" he rumbled, following his wife's comment. His blue gaze never wavered from hers as he waited for her answer. Once he saw she truly understood his words, he would accept her back into the pack. Miccah was her king, but he was not her father. He would leave the rest of the scolding to her parent, or whatever he wished to do.

"speech"

Inactive V. Yearling
Rose Hervok
Sure! Sorry for the wait! :(

"I won't, I promise.." Rose frowned as Aideen spoke. Leaving was a very last minute decision for the fae, perhaps she hadn't thought thoroughly enough about how it'd effect those who'd stay behind. But again, it was the oldHervok who did this, the new one planned to stay for much longer. "I understand.." She murmured, wondering if the statement would even hold with the two as it was intended. 'It's not like I plan on leaving again, I'm not Nineva..'

"I'd like to talk to you two a bit more about the trip.. It doesn't have to be right now, but the pack I ended up staying with for a while.. They were.. Fascinating. I think, as leaders, it might be interesting for the both of you to hear what goes on far north from here." Though the likeliness of the alpha's writing her newest friends off as loony were certainly high, Rose couldn't help but feel overzealous at the thought of sharing all she'd learned with anyone and everyone who'd lend an open ear. "I'm not quite sure it was my place to do this but.. I've assured our pack as an ally to them if anyone for whatever what reason finds themselves in need of assistance up there." Brownie points? The yearling sure hoped so.

Inactive No Rank
Aideen Smoke-Athesila
Archive with @Miccah's post, or maybe a last post from Rose. Then we can get her on the rooster and do something up to date where they discuss it?

Aideen Athesila

Aideen nodded stiffly at her husband's emphasis, it was a position he had never hidden and it might serve Rose well to get it properly implanted; For next time she needs time… Though hopefully there would never be a repeat of this incident. Copper eyes turned to Rose as she promised as much, and the female leader nodded again, this time with a soft smile; "Good." And that was that, no need to keep the girl held up any longer, no doubt @Ash had more than a few choice words to tell her as well. The petite woman had already half turned when suddenly the yearling piped up again, her sudden rush of words causing gray-dusted brows to furrow.

Turning back around to face Rose, Aideen listened with a growing frown as a new story spilled from the girls lips. It was perplexing; Why did she wait to say it..? From the sound of it there had been much more to this trip than simple self reflection. Moreover, there seemed to be an implication that these northerners did things better than them in some way, or was it just that Rose was so eager to tell them about her experience? A small glimmer of excitement lit the queen's eyes at the term far north, the slim chance that the Hervok might have run into her family causing her heart to race. But it was all forgotten when the yearling continued, her revelation instead sending the alphess' brows skyward. "You wh… I'm sorry, you did what?" Her voice turned squeaky at the end, disbelief, more than anything else, painting her features.

The gravity of the situation seemed utterly lost on the young wolf, which only made it that much more dire. Shaking her head to try and regain some composure, Aideen glanced sideways at her mate, a bit lost on how to handle this. Finally she spoke, a little hesitantly: "Rose, you… You shouldn't have done that. I appreciate that you might have felt indebted to these wolves somehow but… Promising something like that, when we don't even know who they are… We have no way of knowing what they might ask of us, it's… It's not a decision that can be made without proper discussion." She bit her lip, looking to her partner again, she didn't doubt he felt similarly, though he might have a more direct way of saying it. Finally she sighed, shaking her head again; "We'll talk about this later. Go, find your family!" A deep frown was on her face as she watched the girl, waiting for her to disappear into the thicket. She and Miccah would need to have a private discussion about this; Later… Suddenly she felt, very tired.

Word count: 455

Thoughts ”Speech”  

(This post was last modified: Oct 25, 2016, 10:37 AM by Aideen.)
Inactive Deceased
Miccah Athesila
@Rose one last post so we can get this archived and get you on the roster? :) @Aideen

Miccah had thought everything was over and done, for though it seemed she truly didn't capture the severity of his words, he had to remember she was still a child. Hopefully she would learn more in time, as she grew. But nothing prepared him for the words she spoke when he began to step forward to once again make her part of the pack. Nothing could have shocked him more...or showed him how much the girl before him was truly a child. As his wife spoke up, glancing questioningly at him, the dark king's blue gaze never wavered from the girl as they burned with the level of his fury. The dark king couldn't remember the last time he had been so furious, and as his hackles rose and his muscles bulged making him appear even bigger than he already was, in the back of his mind he still had to remind himself that this was a child. So he could and would do nothing to harm her.

Forcing himself to calm down, to once again rebuild the wall of his emotion that so easily crumbled with the weight of his anger, the man rumbled his thoughts, not able to remove the ice from his words. "Do not ever make such a stupid decision again. Go find your father. Leave us." With that, he turned his complete attention towards his wife. How would they clear this fuck up? He couldn't talk about this right now, not when his anger was still simmering at the surface. So he briefly kissed his wife goodbye and left to immerse himself with work. A later discussion would be had, but at least Rose was finally home and Ash would finally find a semblance of peace.

{Miccah exit}

"speech"

(This post was last modified: Oct 31, 2016, 09:30 PM by Miccah.)