(See All?) Announcements
660 Users Online
Google, Apollo

let the flames begin — Cedarwood Forest 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Allie who has 226 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kade Attaya
The aroma of fall was in the air, coming and going as chilling winds swept relentlessly over the terrain. There was something about the coming of winter that instilled a familiar serenity in the heart of the land, and it rang true even in this new Relic Lore. The male’s eyes examined the moon and its shadows, in its horrendous glory. It seemed that these days much of his time was devoted to the night. Although this was something that he was both fond of and accustomed to, the quiet nights and their solidarity were taxing. As he lay on the moonlit beach near the lakeside den – a mainstream magnet for random wanderings, occurrences, <i>mischief</i>...Such thoughts were suffocating, and his mind scrambled to find something better, or sunnier. And it was at this point that he held his breath and remembered the perfect, mis-matched eyes that he had associated with peace and joy –<i> with life</i>. Her eyes: the ghostly figure that had come and gone like gentle breeze.

His heart began to pound inside his chest…His run-in with the female had changed part of him, and though many days had passed since the last and only time that they’d been together, the blood pumping a life force through his body seemed to heat up at the thought of her memory. His mouth was dry and his limbs began to numb as he considered leaving the safety of the cove in the night. It took only a split second for his decision to be made: he would set out to find her with the hope that she really was more than an angel in what felt like a dream.

Quick to his feet, he rolled his weight back onto his haunches, stretching his forearms, neck, and shoulders before shaking it off. The male took in a deep breath as to stretch his chest and lungs; the journey would be long in the dark, and the pace would be swift. He stepped to the shore and drank from the chilled waters, watching the way that the hair on his limbs swayed in their currents. He did not look back into the fog as he departed, only forward to a destination whose location was rather unknown. <i>At the edge of the wood south of the thicket</i>. In his heart he felt as though her eyes would be his guiding light, should he lose his way.<i> Unlikely</i>, he laughed to himself cockily.

So the dark male traveled in the safety and danger of the night, guided only by scent and stars as he padded relentlessly. He climbed and descended many peaks and hills, crossing a few waterways and some open, sleepy fields on the way. Eventually he approached a forest line, a silhouette of towering coniferous trees whose interior was darker than the black of the sky. The wind was blowing mercilessly, whipping through his tattered, black coat and demanding tears from his silver eyes. His paws felt as though they were bleeding, and his nose was wet from running in the cold. He was tempted to seek shelter in the forest, but he dare not enter. There was only one reason that he would enter the wood, and it was not for safety.

He lifted his muzzle skyward, eyes piercing the moon as if to ask for it to bring her to him; a deep rumble was born inside of him, and it escaped into the night air – slow, steady, pleadingly, calling to the one whose eyes had brought so much light into the dark abyss that was his soul. The call was strong, confident, yet somber in its melodious tone. It was the first time in a long time that he had sang to the sky, and although his voice was unknown here, he had faith that she would hear it. His body shook, from the cold and from the emotion and the yearning, and he waited without dismay at the membrane of the forest.
(This post was last modified: Oct 31, 2011, 02:49 AM by Kade.)
Played by Switch who has 688 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall
<blockquote>Eyes were closed, but the cinder- white female was anything but asleep. She had been, but like she did several times a night she had awoken from her nightmares her body feeling hot, and yet chilled at the same time. She pushes her heavy eyelids up, and slowly her eyes adjust to the dim silhouetts of her pups. She counts them, and tries to calm her nerves because they are all safe, and sound quite oppsite from her tantilizing dreams. The only sound is her loud heart, and she licks her lips her throat is dry, her body trembling from her worst fears. Slowly she lets reality come back to her, and tells herself it's okay. She knows it's not, but puts herself back together. Quietly the Grizzly Hollow leader sneeks out into the darkness, stepping away from the opening to shake out her coat. The cold air felt much better, and she surveys the empty forest, that lonely pinch squelching in her heart. She dismisses like an old wound. She perches herself atop the noll, and guards the precious life inside while hoping the fear will melt from her.

The wind seems to pick up, and the large cedar tops start to sway, bending this way, and that. Eyes find the sky, but she doesn't find a pressing storm. She is wondering when there will be a chance of snow. It was certainly fall, the chill in the air, the leaves falling down, and the rest of the Lore preparing for winter. She stares at the small twinkling lights, she takes no comfort in them. Whether from her nightmares or the dark, eerie setting her hair rises along her spine. Shadows dance across the forest floor playing tricks on her eyes looking like monsters in hiding. Her nostrils wiggle, revealing there is nothing. Her heart will not stop pounding, and she feels on the edge of exhaustion from her torment. Without any notice a sudden song pierces through her jumbled emotions calling to her. Both ears flatten, and then flip upward listening as the melody continues. First her heart had thought it was <i>him</i>, but the voice instead was of someone else. <i>Kade.</i>

She jumps to her paws, her tail high over her back. Many days had passed since she had met the kind stranger, and she had believed he would just be another memory she'd replace with something else. She was somehow sure it had to him, it sounded so familiar....

She is torn. <i>To stay or to go?</i> Eyes dart behind her looking into the dark. A lot has happened to her small family, and she hated to leave the pups alone. Elettra, Raigo, Crux, and Aisling were around, but it seemed when she left them the worst always happened adding to her guilt. Three deep breaths she took to focus her thought. She knew if someone else had called she would go investigate, and she had to make sure it really was Kade. The pale wolf drifted away from the den, and she took up a fast lope once she was out of earshot, her target the dark singer.

It didn't take very long to find the caller, because she knew the forest by heart. He was at the edge of the forest, she could see the silver wisps in his dark coat. When her eyes took him in further he looked quite tired himself. She panted slighty, taking in sharp breaths, trotting away the yards between them. The wind was more powerful out here, and it stung her own eyes with it's fierce tug. She smiled, despite it, happy to see the dark fellow. <b>"Kade,"</b> she said, the end of her tail swaying. She stopped short, mismatched eyes looking closely on his black plet, worried to find wounds.</blockquote>
[Image: 9Py9751.png]
Inactive No Rank
Kade Attaya
Although the eerie landscape was cloaked in darkness, the female’s pale figure was unmistakable as she emerged from the forest, and a gentle whine of excitement escaped his throat briefly before being swept away by the fierce winds. The male’s tail swung to and fro as his friend approached, making her way expertly through the drying grasses. She was just as he remembered, and he took a moment to appreciate the warmth that her bright personality brought to even the coldest fall night.

He shifted his weight as she looked him over, and he grinned contently when their gazes met. <b>“Jayse,”</b> he replied softly,<b> “I’m in once piece, promise.”</b> Finally he could relax. It was funny how her presence was so comfortable. The dim light that fell from the stars overhead bathed the two wolves, whose coats rippled wildly in uniform waves. He knew that this was potentially a bad time—in the middle of the night, on the outskirts of what he was sure to be her home, in the blistering sub-arctic winds—but he wanted to know that somewhere in this forsaken land she existed and was safe. To see that this really was the case was a delightful discovery.

Silver eyes beaming, he was careful not to overwhelm her with stories and questions.<b> “I can’t believe you came,”</b> he said, letting one of his first thoughts slip his tongue. He made the trip to the wood in search of her, but he didn’t honestly think that he would see her again. Now that he had made it and she stood before him, he wasn’t sure what to say or do, though in the back of his mind he knew that he couldn’t have her standing out in the exposure all night. Her scent was sweeter than he remembered, and with it was something he did not expect: the scent of her family.
(This post was last modified: Nov 03, 2011, 10:12 PM by Kade.)
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall
<blockquote>The wind stole her breath for a moment, and she gasped while trying to swallow a bit of cold air to refill her lungs. Eyes of silver met hers, and her smile widened, ears drawn to his voice. She forgot about the frigid air for one second when he promised he was not hurt. He did look well, compared to what he could have. Jayse was always imagining the worst, and who could blame her....it always came to that. The wind muted her sigh of relief, but it was evident on white her face she was happy to see him. She did not need any more tragedies.

She stepped closer to him, slightly arching her neck, trying to block the wind from grazing her nostrils. She could feel the heat coming off his coal colored body, and from his own released breaths. She stared back into his warm eyes. There was something about looking into them she'd never get use too, because he seemed geninuely pleased to see her. Something she did not take lightly. But se had missed him, and the feeling appeared mutual so her smile could not hide. Ash stroked ears gently lift to hear is gentle voice. Softly pale brows touched, wondering why he thought that. He didn't know she was often awake, even patrolling at times. <b>"I don't sleep much,"</b> she said in all honesty. <b>"Besides, when I thought it was you I had to make sure you were okay."</b> She smiled a crooked smile, and she took a step toward the forest. <b>"Shall we get out of the wind?"</b> She asked, titling her head to the dancing cedars where it wouldn't be so harsh.

When her eyes drifted back, she noticed he seemed to be holding back. She wasn't sure from what. <b>"What is it?"</b> She asked, an almost plea to her voie not understanding what would cause a change on his happy face. What was different now? <b>"Oh,"</b> the single sound was so quiet, and her ips straightened. Nothing ever stays the same, and he must smell her children upon her. She had just been with them. Maybe it bothered him, maybe it surprised him. She was at a loss what to say. She knew there was no hiding who she was from him. <b>"I live here with <i>my</i> pack, and <i>my</i> children."</b> </blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Kade Attaya
His ears swiveled as he listened to her voice and the sound of her legs pushing through the grasses back toward the forest. The subconscious train of thought flickering in his mind must have been written across his face, and he was surprised when she noticed before he could. He didn’t mean to for his observation to make her anxious, and he quickly, reassuringly stepped closer to her and the general direction of the forest. It made sense now—the fact that she could not stay with him after the hunt and the way she was sure to make the best of their leftovers. She was a driven care taker, it was obvious, and now he knew why.

He looked deep into her eyes.<b> “They are very lucky to have you as a mother and a leader,”</b> he replied honestly at her side. He wondered silently about what they looked like, her children and the members of her pack, imagining growing pups with beautiful, bright, shining eyes, playing under the shelter of the spanning trees of the wood. His heart skipped a beat as he thought. If she had a pack and pups to fulfill her life, what was the dinge of pain that appeared in her eyes every now and then? The male took a breath as he temporarily relived the way that look of hers made his own body hurt.

As he returned to the moment he motioned to her to continue her path into the forest, taking a step of his own to encourage her. Right now they were here together, reunited for the time being, and all he wanted was to take that fact in while it lasted. The atmosphere of the forest felt different now than it had as he waited for her, as though her blood flowed through the earth and the trees. It was in this context that the forest and his present surroundings became dearer to him, a moment that became a colorful snapshot memory in his internal, black-and-white scrapbook of life experiences. He looked to her with shy curiosity, wondering what she was thinking.
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall
<blockquote>She was caught in pause, waiting for him to stay or go. She never realized how crushed she'd be if he left until he seemed like he could go. Breath hung in her throat, and she saw the small stars reflected in his eyes. Those seconds seemed long, until he stepped closer. Triangle points lifted higher, because this was still not an answer of coming or going. She stared back holding his silver eyes when he looked into hers. A shy, somewhat sheepish smile brushed across her lips at his kind words. They had touched not only her ears, but a note in her heart. Those were words she had needed to hear, and she was little stunned to hear them come so easily from him. <b>"I hope so,"</b> she said, always second guessing herself.

Eyes did not leave his, and she swallowed back a wave of her emotions of her loneliness, pain, and grief that were often trying to drown her. Once more she seemed to keep her head above them, not wanting to becoming a crying puddle. Somehow to help her keep face, she took another single step toward the forest. Head curved round, and she looked back into the silver pools of his irises. She had missed the questions that could have lingered there. She did not move, until he motioned her forward, walking besdie her again.

She had been worried he wouldn't want to stay because of it. Now it seemed silly the idea had even existed. This felt different from any encounter she had had. She was in unfamiliar grounds, and the answers were not <span class='word'>prehensible</span>. None the less, she walked slowly, with her head not high but held with a sort of pride. She noticed he was looking at her, and she caught what she thought was something of a question this time. She wasn't sure what he was thinking. <b>"I'm sorry, I thought you would leave when I told you. I have no idea why,"</b> she confessed, she continued matching his stride,<b>"But I'm glad you decided not to."</b> Soft smile touched her lips, and she looked to where she was walking, a thoughtful look to her eyes. <b>"Would you like to meet them?"</b> She asked. This time she did not study him, deciding to let him think about it without her staring at his dark mask. It was not quite morning yet, but it would be here soon enough.</blockquote>
Inactive No Rank
Kade Attaya
A soft grin spanned the male’s dark face as she took a hesitant step forward, deeper into the interior of the wood. He could smell the dampness of the forest floor in the back of his mind as he looked into her eyes, and she into his. One would not think that any length of time could be spent doing this, but Kade felt as though he could get lost in the crystalline glimmer that looked back; he could see her emotions churning like a current in the sea breaking on a rocky outcrop.

<b>“Leave?...”</b> He paused momentarily, dwelling on how hard it had been to watch her go after their hunt. <b> “I wouldn't leave you.”</b> His gaze fell hard to the ground before shifting forward and then back to her. He laughed to himself at the thought of her consideration of that as an outcome. If anything, he thought, she should be walking away from him because he was boring, afflicted, and didn’t have much to offer. Really he was just a lost soul, wandering through the nights as they passed, and here she was—as bright as a supernova, even in the shadow of her own doubts. It came as quite a surprise, then, when she asked if he wanted to meet her family.

Although it was one of the last things that he expected, he didn’t need any time to formulate an answer. <b>"I’d like that,”</b> he replied, ears perking up in an instant as he studied her face to be sure she was serious. The thought of family in general brought mixed feelings, as his own biological family was fragmented, to say the least. But she was very special, and the fact that she wanted to share anything with him—much less introduce him to her children—meant more than he could have ever imagined. Silver eyes beaming, he held his breath.

Although the forest was dark, the morning's first rays of light were beginning to reach the canopy, illuminating the scenery overhead. The sight and sound of dawn approached, and as excited as he was for the day, a part of him wished that the night would last forever.
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall
<blockquote>The sun was not up yet, very slowly it was shifting this way, and the forest was tinted with a silver, blue light. Her favorite painting of the world as it looked very pretty, and mysterious at the same time. She never wished for it to always be that way, pure daylight was kind on the eyes too. Kade captured her attention by his statement, and she meekly halted staring at the rows of timbers. He wanted to stay here...with her no less. Single right ear curved back, and she flexed her jaws but no words had came out. She usually did offer those she meet a place in Grizzly Hollow, and she had not him because if he declined it would have put her at a loss because she really hated goodbyes of any kind these days. He had laughed like him leaving was a crazy notion or something. White head tilted, and she looked at the obsidian male by means of an inquisitive stare. She had to know and she swallowed, choosing her words so <span class='word'>canny</span>. <b>"Does that mean you want to stay, here?"</b> They came rather delicate from her lips, like they were fragile and would break if they heard no....if she heard no.

He agreed he would like to meet her family, and she believed him to be sincere in those words. Eyes seemed to widen, and she grinned wondering if she would cry just then. She didn't, she laughed a soft laugh of how thrilled she was. <b>"Okay, but I should warn you my eldest daughter Trisden is very bold, and rather protective of everyone..."</b> The white wolf chuckled, gently shaking her head very uncertain what Trisden, or any of her children would think of Kade. She figured they would be welcoming to a point, and she would not expect more. She was no kind of wolf to push, especially her pups. She felt certain they would be drawn to his personality, like she'd been. <b>"Don't worry I promise, I'll protect you."</b> She said this rather coyly, and yet meaning it all the same. She had not mentioned what would happen if they met her loyal Second in this.

Elettra was the fiercest of them all, and Jaysyek knew her Second was weary of everyone, and everything. She could not blame her though, because so much had happened for the worst. But the white leader had long decided she could not act, and assume like everything was out to get her all the time. What kind of life was that? Never being happy was prolonged suicide, and when she died she wanted it quick, and easy.

<b>"This way,"</b> she said, and she flashed him a grin. Soon the small noll was a couple yards away, and she stared where the entrance would be behind the stones, and brush for a time. Quietly she sighed. <i>Now or never.</i> Jayse turned to her companion, and whispered. <b>"You sure?"</b> She was teasing him again, but there was still a serious under current to those two words. </blockquote>
(This post was last modified: Nov 08, 2011, 05:27 AM by Jaysyek.)
Inactive No Rank
Kade Attaya
Signs of waking life stirred in every direction in the forest, which greeted the rising sun with an inherent grace. Droplets of dew covered the flora, sparkling here and there every now and then when the motile sunlight was just right, and the grey hues in the thick male’s pelt mimicked their shine. The radiance that surrounded the pair could not compare, however, to the way that their eyes were shining at this moment. He watched the female’s reaction to his reply as though it were unfolding in slow motion. But he did not expect what came next: an invitation. He was shocked—as the words escaped from her perfectly angelic mouth, he knew that it was what he wanted as well as what he wanted to hear, and now that the proposition was up for legitimate consideration so many things ran through his head. Memories flashed in his mind—his childhood and youth, visions of his previous “home” and “family” and their slow demise, thoughts of the lonely den at the lake where he slept away the days and suffered through the restless nights. All of these thoughts were disavowing, and made his insides knot up and tremble. They sucked the life from him.

But his heart was racing…It beat with such force as to snap him from his catatonia in an instant,<i> at the sight of her</i>, as she stood before him. Just as had been from the start, her presence breathed life into him. Her kind demeanor and unconditional positive regard for him was the spark that enlightened the lifelong obscurity that consumed him. Hopes for the future now conquered any doubts he had ever entertained, and he envisioned a life with her hopes and dreams—and her children—in it. The adrenaline was intoxicating.<i> Could this really be happening to me?</i> he thought to himself. It dawned on him now that he may actually mean as much to her as she does to him.<i> Was it really possible?</i> The answer was <i>undeniable</i>. The rush of emotion that followed this cognition was like a tidal wave crashing down upon him, and it took all of his strength to hold back the tears that overtook his glistening, silver eyes, which were cold no more. They locked onto hers, and Kade knew he need not mutter a word as he was certain that his exclamation was screaming from within. His eyes wandered from her gaze in slow motion to the angles of her face and the tip of her wet nose, then to her ears and to her toes and back. He was hers now, in any and every way. He took in every aspect of her ghostly form in an instant, and a new memory and new life began to take form.

He was glowing now, and a coy grin spread from ear to ear as he followed her deeper into the forest. As his feet carried him forward he glanced back to what was visible of the forest’s end, and of the end of his desolation. He wondered if he would see the lake again, although the thought of it behind him and her in the forefront quickly dissolved his inquisition and his attention returned to the anticipation of meeting her family, and pack. His nerves were on ten, and he was so nervous that his stomach churned. <i>What were they like? Would they accept him? What if they didn’t? Could he bear to be without her?</i>

Although thoughts of her pack were nerve-racking enough, thoughts of what her kids would think of him scared the hell out of him. Though some of his more notable qualities were his physical strength and knack for a thorough fight, he knew his combat skills were no match for pups or their criticisms, especially those of Jayse’s flesh and blood. He was terrified, but not deterred.<b> “I’ve never been so sure of anything, though it sounds as if I’m going to need all the protection I can get,”</b> he replied playfully to her promise of protection. He considered the daughter that she spoke of, wondering if she too possessed those beautiful, mismatched eyes.<b> “If they are anything like their mother, I may not stand a hope,”</b> he teased back, the tip of his tail swaying happily. He took in the scenery as they pressed on, letting it take his mind off of the to-be encounter ahead, if only for a moment. He gulped down his fears.<b> “I’m so nervous,”</b> he confessed to her abruptly. It was embarrassing to admit, but he was comfortable exposing his insecurities to her. He watched his feet as he walked, sizing himself up. His black and silver coat, which was thickening for the coming winter, was ragged and worn, and the lengthening fur on his legs exposed some of his older battle scars. He was sure that he looked like hell, and he stopped to shake it off before padding swiftly to catch up to his companion.

They would arrive at their destination soon, and he tried not to hold his breath as he braced himself.
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall
<blockquote>The forest grew in warmth, both to the eyes, and to the skin beneath her coat from dawn's bright light. It was quite oppisite scene of when she had first came to this place, then the sun had been falling away. Now it was rising on a new day, a new start maybe. She didn't know, and tried not to let her hopes get to high, because it would hurt if they had to fall. She had often thought she would soo reach her breaking point, but life seemed to keep testing her, seeing how much more she could take. She was still standing despite everything. But she'd not meant for her words to surprise him. When he said he'd never leave her, well that didn't have a thousand different meanings, unless she somehow missed that lesson. It meant he wanted to at least see her again, right? When she waited eyes never leaving his face, she saw the change in the silver pools of his eyes, and the dark mask that was his face. He seemed cold, and lifeless caught up in something behind the two of them. She wanted to go to him, but something kept her glued to the earth. Suddenly he changed, a spark of life flickering back, eyes coated so slightly with clear moisture with a rapture to their silver depths. She was not a very spiritual wolf, but she was to a point, and she felt like maybe she'd touched his soul or something because she felt chilled when she was not cold. So she did not break the silence, because he appeared so overwhelmed by joy, that was defintely not a no. Seeing him appear overjoyed, well she was sure she felt herself choking up. She wasn't going to cry. She repeated this in her head. She decided they'd figure out what all this meant, and she would rely on not only her own instincts but how her family - her pack felt.

She did not not reply to his first statement, she furthered smiled feeling like today would be a good day after all. Her white tail moved in sync with her hips, feeling a new found source of energy. She chuckled amused at his own teaseing tones, and continued to quietly muse about the four sleeping pups. She knew they would each have a different reaction, wondering what this new wolf would be to them, the pack, and what he was to their mother. She could imagine the worst like she often did, but today she was picturing that everything would go okay. Maybe not perfect, but...well she would just wait and see...hope for the best.

He admited he was nervous, and she shook her head. <b>"Don't be, you'll do fine, just be prepared for <i>lots</i> of questions."</b> She half smiled, hoping that wouldn't bother him to bad. The truth about children was they were God's most honest creatures, and so innocent of paticiluar things one should say, and shouldn't. Of coarse the pups were almost half a year old now, and contained what they use to easily blurt out. This was the final test wasn't it? If Kade could handle being around them, and if they liked him? That could take time, like all thingss did. Sometimes first impressions did trump that. Okay this wasn't a <span class='word'>plebiscite</span>, she tried not to overthink.

She headed toward the the cozy dwelling, pausing once when she realized her companion had stopped. He looked tired to her, but not horrible at all. She gave him a reassuring smile, not staring long. Then she climbed the incline, and poked her head inside the hole. <b>"Hey my sleepy heads, I have someone here who wants to meet you."</b> She said, in the cheeriest of tones. She then took a step back that they may come outside.</blockquote>
(This post was last modified: Nov 08, 2011, 10:51 PM by Jaysyek.)