(See All?) Announcements
334 Users Online
Bing

divenire — Whitestone Monadnock 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Vet who has 367 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Wraith Kael

After filling his belly, Wraith entered the Monadnock and passed out in record time with @Morganna tucked up against his side as @Mittani and @Craw got caught up. It was amazing what food and a few hours sleep could do for his mood. Gone was the surliness, and while weariness still remained and would likely take several days to clear, he felt better than he had since starting his journey. Blinking his eyes open, Wraith smiled at the female slumbering beside him and reached over to lick gently at her face to guide her into wakefulness as well.

The brute turned his head and rubbed against her, grumbling all the while in a rather Morganna-like fashion. She did most of her communication through growls. It seemed to have stuck.

"Wake up, darlin'," he murmured familiarly, knowing full well that any male other than Craw and himself would have had his tongue chewed off for the endearment. Knowing it only made his smile wider. "I've got to deliver any news Mittani may have left off before Craw gives himself a hernia." His chuckle was throaty and low, expressing his contentedness to continue laying there with her despite the duty that called. Assured that she was at least coming around, Wraith stood and gave a long-legged stretch before padding from the den.

Spotting his brother wasn't difficult as he and Mittani sat nearby. Much as he had with Morganna, Wraith butted his head against Craw and settled at his side before nodding politely to the loner. "What do you already know?" he asked quietly of Craw, amber eyes glancing around for any sign of the pups. They'd look full grown by now, he thought. Were they off causing more trouble and beating up rival packmates? The thought put a tic in his jaw. That would come to an end. Pups had no business causing contention between packs or making it worse, regardless of whatever encouragement they may have received from a certain spider-faced male...

He reined in his disappointment from not seeing them and gave his full attention to Craw, purposefully ignoring the scent of the new packmates he could tell had taken up residence.

Played by Siki who has 497 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Craw
While Wraith had enjoyed a few hours of rest on a full stomach next to @Morganna, sleep was the furthest thing possible from Craw's mind. A period of silence had come over himself and @Mittani, for they had long caught up on everything important and now - at least on the spider's part - had lapsed into simply enjoying one another's company, for it had been a very long time since he had sat in this particular wolf's presence. That one action dredged up so very many things that it was almost impossible to weigh it properly against all the other enormous revelations which had come up.

Above all of them, two facts rose to the top, their significance astronomical, and their effect on his mood polar opposite.

His daughter was alive.

His father was dead.

An ear flicked back as he heard someone approach from behind, and his head turned just enough to catch a glimpse of Wraith's burly black form. Exhaling a long-held breath, Craw welcomed the touch with a growl, trying to pull himself back into the present even though his head was miles away. "Enough," he rasped, aware that wasn't adequately descriptive but in that moment he didn't care. His yellow gaze trickled back to the horizon, and he could still feel the angry thumping of his heartbeat, the disbelief which ran through his blood in equal parts joy and rage.

"We will need to go and get them," he said, almost to himself, talking of the band of wolves Mittani had left behind in order to check out the validity of Wraith's claims, the band which held his oldest friend, his once-favourite wife, his (apparently) most loyal subject and his very own blood. Beautiful and healthy.

But he needed to reign his thoughts in some more, and so he made a fresh attempt to focus on the here and now.

"Did you rest well?" he asked, turning to nibble at the dark fur on Wraith's cheek, finding the familiar close affection comforting, stabilising, normal. He had to think about something other than himself otherwise the gears in his mind would overheat and spin off their axles, and then he wouldn't be able to concentrate on anything meaningful. Desperate to attach himself to some other thought, something important other than his own mental mess, he turned to the ghosts which his brother had been chasing, the urge which had set this all in motion. "You must tell me everything."
[Image: wm_by_euphoriclies-da4medx.png]
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A lynx has left behind the remains of a deer. +5 Health
Played by becuffin who has 879 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall
I'm where you wanna be
Morganna Archer

Wake up darlin' Her brows drew down in a frown, low grumble all the answer she would give but he kept talking. She rolled partially onto her back, eyes cracking open only to take aim as a long hind limb struck out in an attempt to kick at the dark wolf for leaving her so soon. She tried to get back to sleep but with the familiar scent and extra warmth gone, it was a lost cause. With a huff and a grumble she stretched out on her side, jaws parting in a wide yawn as she took her sweet time rousing herself. She sat, blinking the sleep from her eyes then stood before bowing down to stretch her back. Finally, she gave a shake for good measure, displeased glare thrown at the light that marked the den entrance. She didn't want to be awake right now.

She trotted after @Wraith, hoping to give the man a good shove with her flank as retaliation before he reached his target. Grimace was replaced with a smirk as she approached @Craw, playfully trying to throw a limb across his shoulder to give her a better vantage point at which to gently yank his ear. She couldn't know of all the news that had been exchanged already but she knew she would be filled in soon enough. She happily threw herself into the snow at Craw's side, ready to hear whatever the two may have to discuss.

[Image: hashtags-skollmorganna02.png][Image: hashtags-morgannarenier.png]
Played by Vet who has 367 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Wraith Kael

Wraith drank up the view of @Craw like a man just emerging from a desert. The trip had been far too long for the male's liking and he hadn't realized just how dependent his happiness and well being had become on the spider's presence. From his stoic expression to that rasping accent to steady way he relied upon him in the same way.

Enough. The northerner snorted. It was an enlightening answer. Enough must mean he knew of his daughter's survival. Of Roose. Of the bastard's demise. Of all who still live and are ready to head this way.

Their resources were stretched thin already with how large the pack had grown. Wraith didn't expect Craw and @Morganna to pause everything when he left, but he had not thought Whitestone could grow so fat and laden with wolves in the midst of winter. The brute had caught wind already of the fights for ranks and cared little for the idea that said wolves were not willing to earn their ranks through hard work but fight like stags in rut for them.

"I'm not leaving again," the black man said sternly. It was far from a challenge to his Alpha, but a warning that there would be one if he was made to do so. Hopefully, @Mittani would have already communicated his intentions to return for the others after having confirmed the truth of Wraith's words.

When finally his brother displayed the affection he had been expecting when first he approached, Wraith turned into the gentle pressure at his cheek and lightly grabbed at Craw's fur, tugging a little in retaliation for the wait. He would have to train Craw all over again; affection first, business second.

Craw's edict was interrupted by Morganna's arrival. Wraith snorted a laugh as he rocked to the side from her shoulder check, but did not topple. Sleep had done his body good and he was feeling more and more like himself especially since his coat smelled properly of pack. He watched with amusement as Morganna played teasingly with her mate before flopping in the snow beside him. They both seemed to be waiting expectantly and he let out a breath.

"I found @Roosemooth on my way north. Found the Howler just as you described expecting to find your target leading the resident pack. After judging Roose to be trustworthy and still loyal to you, I found out your father was dead and your daughter living." When there was no exclamation of surprise, Wraith moved on. "He promised to meet with the others and gather them together while I continued on with the promise of leading them to Whitestone after my own business was finished. He shared in food and shelter until I was able to move on."

He hesitated now. Mittani's nearby presence made him less than forthcoming with concerns to his own business. He had been closed-lipped about it the entire trip and still did not care to share with him. However, he could offer enough information to satisfy Craw for now and still say little about his reasons for going.

"My parents accepted me back with open hearts despite everything. The pack was thin, but managing fine. I told them what happened and they were just grateful to have answers instead of blaming me." The black male took a breath. "My father asked me to stay. To lead. His health is ailing, but there are others capable. Others who did not leave. They were far more suited for it and it was never a consideration for me," he assured. "My home is with the pair of you."

Smiling fondly, Wraith shook his head and continued. "When I arrived back at the Howler, this one," he said, jerking his head towards Mittani, "was ready to go a round." Wraith smirked. "Needless to say, he relented and listened to what I had to say, reiterating what Roose had already told him. He didn't believe me, of course, but was willing to travel south at my suggestion to see for himself. The rest, you know."

Not the details. Not what Craw wanted. But it would do for now with company near.

[Image: wm2_by_becuffin-dblzotz.png]