505 Users Online
Google, Bing

all my might — Bramble Falls 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Namara who has 184 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Maera Slayer
ALL WELCOME

Maera was talking to herself, not very loud, and not really to herself. She’d never had something as concrete as religion to fall on – it was easier that way, no laws or rules to follow… for the most part anyway. It was complicated for Mae to define, even to those she’d been closest to. Her mother had never believed in the spirits like her father had… and her brother thought it foolish nonsense where Maera believed with all her heart. Her father was up there, watching over her, taking care of Pascal and Lacey and all the other pups lost to the cold winter because that was just who he was and the spirits lingered in the sky after they left bodies.

She wasn’t super vocal about it, because they were her personal beliefs and she didn’t want to force them down anyone’s throats. It was just a touchy subject to her, and in her own mind it was her last lifeline to the family that once held themselves together… but things fall apart, and nothing could be hotsy-totsy all the time, could it? No, the answer was no it could not.

Perhaps that was why she was talking a walk. It was one of the few times she wandered with no real intent. She wasn’t looking for food – she’d managed a decent breakfast after all… she wasn’t with Kerb, whom she’d let sleep in for once, because everyone deserved a break on occasion and she couldn’t imagine the drastic change in his sleep schedule was easy. She was just walking, reflecting, praying even, just in the form of talking to herself. She was posing questions to her father, not expecting an answer, at least not in words. “What am I getting myself into? Is he dangerous?” Even after almost a week, she was still cautious about her travelling companion, wondering if he was just biding his time to strike against her.

“Please, Papa, answer me.” She whispered softly again as she glanced up at the sky for a few seconds, almost like she was waiting before her head lowered back a little and she continued to move, looking for a source of water. She needed to clear her head.

(This post was last modified: Jan 14, 2017, 04:46 AM by Maera.)
[Image: cad_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amr.png]