(See All?) Announcements
565 Users Online
Google, Bing

Chamber of Reflection — Drooping Willows 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Becca who has 285 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Deacon
Deacon and @Nineva have made their way to Willow Ridge's borders! This is dated for 11/10. Please allow Nineva to post first but after that I welcome any and all WR members to post @Elettra @Enoki @Nicolò @Renier @Attica (P.S. Lemme know if you want anything changed Cade)

There trip hadn't been awful in fact, Deacon was thinking it had been rather ripsnorter. The two had kept a good pace and managed to always have something to talk about. Once the lands grew familiar the young male could easily take charge in direction. Besides, the willows were his homeland and he'd be a fool to not remember them. It felt as though they were whispering to him a gentle "Welcome home.."

He was nervous and excited for obvious reasons. Looking to Nineva he smiled and wagged his tail as the borders of home were becoming more obvious. "Nin, my mother is a rather strong woman just like your own. Don't test her and everything will be fine, I promise. My father is the more forgiving of the two." Or so he liked to think. It had always been the females in the pack who had seemed more strong, though. Even Morganna had her power over his dark brother Skoll. He wasn't sure how or why but it never bothered him.

Stopping a few feet from the heavily marked borders he took a deep breath. The trees guarding the lands, the scents striking memories alive, everything around them made it seem like the world had froze. Even the crisp coolness that caked the lands. "We're here. Breathtaking isn't it?" Remaining in a neutral position he nudged her shoulder. "It's time." His head raised up releasing a call, a signal that an Archer-Lyall had come home and was waiting at the borders. When the call was done he lowered his head. Only taking a slightly submissive position and hoping that Nineva would follow his example.

Note: Deacon's current rank at the time of this thread would still be Lone Wolf
(This post was last modified: Nov 24, 2016, 03:58 PM by Deacon.)
have you checked out my player preferences?
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 350 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Nineva Hervok
so sorry at how long i took :c everyone else is up~
@Elettra @Enoki @Nicolò @Renier @Attica

so lying underneath these stormy skies

Two days of travel had been quite a lot of time for the two of them to catch up, and catch up they did. Nineva now felt much more comfortable at Deacon's side, and by this point was confident of the offer she would extend him should he choose not to stay with the Ridge wolves after this reunion. Whatever he chose, she was willing to trust that he was willing to stay true to his word, and so there was no nervousness on this front as Willows loomed ahead.

An electricity was still thrumming through her veins however, at the prospect of being able to meet and speak with the fabled Elettra Archer. She felt confident in her ability to smoothly handle what needed to be discussed, and as Deacon spoke his warning, she did not waver from this opinion. Strong women were all Nineva ever wanted to deal with. A smile was beginning to form on the young woman's lips as his words faded from the air and they continued forward.

Deeper still they walked into the territory that was so different from the Cedarwoods she had grown used to, until finally Deacon's steps drew to a close. Nineva ceased beside him, simonized eyes glancing toward his cheek as he spoke words that triggered a recent and fond memory within her mind. Those were the words she had used with @Tomen to describe her own home, the Caverns. It was a reminder of what all this really meant for Deacon, and her gaze swept over the land with renewed respect as his voice tunneled through the air, calling to the pack within.

she said "I know the sun must set to rise."
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A lynx has left behind the remains of a deer. +5 Health
Played by Switch who has 389 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall
you can't fight the friction
renier lyall
so ease it off

There was a familiar ring to the howl. The border-watcher moved forward as he would have any other day. With caution in mind, and a readiness in his quick stride. Why he did not believe it to be Niles, he was sure Elettra would be most happy to see any of her offspring come home. But, he felt the need to answer as well. His duty to the Ridge in keeping it secure.

A partially raised tail, he navigated the willows, gold eyes seeking out the figure of the dark wolf. His true cousin, Deacon. He was not alone.  A sudden halt, silently his gaze fell over one then the other. But, his gaze was not harsh, nor were his guard hairs raised. Other than his tail, he was neutral. There was something about the girl that looked familiar, but he could not be sure. "'lo there," he greeted with a brief wag of his red banner.  Did the Archer-Lyall know how many were gone? The lacking scents on the boundaries...

"I'm sure your Uncle or mother will be here soon enough." Was the only thing other words he offered. The Lyall was curious what had brought him back, and with a friend no less. But, it was not his place to offer or decline membership. Maybe, he had simply missed home, something Ren could relate too. The idea of having two more members would do the Ridge good for winter.

template base formed by GINNYSAURUS.
(This post was last modified: Dec 12, 2016, 10:06 PM by Renier.)
[Image: ps_sig_by_becuffin-dc2lwrc.png]
Deacon
Panicky Deacon. I'm going to say no posting order just to keep things rolling.

A familiar-ish Willow Ridge wolf was quick to appear. Redder hues and a rather friendly face. Deacon bowed his head respectfully towards his cousin and smiled. "Pleasure to see you. You been well?" It was a simple question to keep things going. The Archer-Lyall was never one for silence. But as his ears caught up with what @Renier had said, Deacon's lips pulled into a frown. "Mother or Uncle? Why not my father? Siblings?" He should have smelled it sooner. The missing scents along the border. Something clicked in his brain and suddenly it was a little hard to breathe.

Simply Renier had just assumed his uncle and mother would be first, Deacon told himself. Everything had to be fine with his family. No one had gone. They couldn't have. "He's fine, right? Everyone is okay, right?" Perhaps his voice and words made him seem like he was being footle but would anyone blame him? Maybe he had just been over analyzing Renier's words. But anyone who knew Deacon knew that those in his family, and those who had been around for him, held importance in his life.

Eyes glanced over to Nineva quickly to see how she was before moving back towards his cousin. Would this meeting go like nothing Deacon had imagined?
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 350 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Nineva Hervok

so lying underneath these stormy skies

She knew this one. There was a single clear memory with him in it, and the picture reel played within her mind as he loped to greet them. He'd been there when she'd wandered beyond the Hollow's territory and discovered a frighteningly large toad, jesting with her and helping her herd the poor thing. Much foggier than that, she was pretty certain he had been present when Borden had faded away, and his scent had once been familiar to catch traced throughout the Cedarwoods. It was enough to earn a sunny smile from the young woman she he greeted them.

Her ears picked up at his choice of words, but they did not instill any panic in her. Confirmation that Elettra was still at the helm of the pack thrilled her heart, and the displacement of Angier's name upon the man's tongue did not trigger alarm bells. Certainly, if ill had befallen Deacon's father, Renier would have the decency to be forthright and apologetic of the matter, rather than ignoring it altogether. Still, she could almost sense the increase in her companion's heart rate, and her eyes shifted to watch him from the corners.

His concern was swiftly vocalized, pitch increasing as he went, and Nineva did not hesitate to step closer, pressing the length of her side against his in solidarity. Her brows knit with concern, and she watched him a moment longer before her gaze settled on Renier once more, awaiting the answer.

she said "I know the sun must set to rise."
Played by Switch who has 389 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall
you can't fight the friction
renier lyall
so ease it off

Deacon was nothing like his siblings, least so it seemed. Greeting him pleasantly, and inquiring of his well being. There was a twitch to his right cheek. "I've been better," he admitted. Currently, he was more himself than he had been. He felt he had gotten a few things in order, and past emotions cleared. Why the girl said nothing, she offered a warm smile. Maybe, she did recognize him. But, it wasn't something he was going to dwell on in the moment.

Poor Deacon. The change was immediate, and the russet man took in a large breath. It seemed to dawn on the younger man what was missing. Why the Ridge was far beyond what it use to be. The Lyall wanted to comfort the boy, he really did. Even just by offering a touch to his shoulder. A beat of his tail. He could not. In this moment Renier felt a bit of pity for him. As well as some sympathy. It sucked when your world got thrown upside down, and there had been little clues to lead you there.

Golden eyes attempted to shift to the ground. But, he fought against it, and looked the young man in the eye. He deserved the truth, and Renier wasn't going to sugar coat it. "A lot has happened in your absence Deacon. Ravenna is your only sibling here. We are not sure where your father is." A half frown tugged at his muzzle. Why he felt his brothers were fine, he was not sure of Angier. He hated to think about it. It was hard not to picture a corpse.

Then, there was the other news. But, without trouble it eased from his lips in a tone of indifference. "Your eldest sister decided it was easier to leave the Ridge and start anew, taking a good part of the pack with her. It was shortly after then Angier and Niles left. We are not sure if they were trying to find her." Teeth, clamped tight. Then he added. "We have searched, and have the word out." They had kept looking, but the snows were going to make it harder. "Your mother has returned to her place, and Nicolo has been leading for awhile now. They will be happy to see you." Eyes came to rest on the lad, watching as he took in all in. Ren did not know what else to add, and waited to see if Deacon would press for more information. 

template base formed by GINNYSAURUS.
(This post was last modified: Dec 12, 2016, 10:36 PM by Renier.)
[Image: ps_sig_by_becuffin-dc2lwrc.png]
Played by Lightning who has 168 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Nicolò Archer

Nicolo was on his way back from a hunt. Ever since his sister's death, he knew that he would have to pull his own weight and plus some. It ate him up on the inside to know that his other half was no longer with him, a direct result of him allowing pack life to consume them. Nicolo would not fail the rest of them, though, he would make sure to pay attention to everyone equally. There would be no more surprises. As he moved towards the small cache they had, he heard a call from the borders. Immediately, his ears swiveled back in the direction that the call had come from. The dark Archer quickened his pace towards the cache to deliver his fresh kill before looping around to make his way toward the border. Hopefully, someone else had beat him to it.

He quickened his pace, just in case someone else did not arrive before him, but as he came upon the scene it was clear that his newly named Second had gotten to the borders in a timely manner. A small smile twitched at the corner of his mouth, catching onto the last words that Renier was saying. It seemed that, after all this time, Deacon had returned. Perhaps not to join but at least to seek them out. The last time Nicolo had seen the boy was when he first joined Willow Ridge and at that time Nicolo had surely been a subordinate. What a change from when he started. The dark male pushed forward, pale yellow eyes resting on the unfamiliar female Deacon brought along with him. His eyes did not linger for long before he turned to greet Renier with a small nod of his head. It was not long before his pale yellow orbs were back on Deacon.

It was quite interesting that he returned now, after everything that happened. Luckily for him, he did not have to choose between two sides, so maybe it was for the best that he avoided all the drama that ensued. His lips pushed together in thought. He doubted that Renier had left anything out if Deacon asked questions. He settled for a simple apology before waiting for the younger boy's response, "Deacon, I am sorry that it took me so long to get here." Hopefully, Nicolo would be able to answer any other questions, if asked. He did not want to waste the boy's time, especially if the reason for his visit was to see his mother.

WesternStock @ DA, KYghost @ DA & Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
Deacon
you never came home, but i didn't either

He wasn't completely aware who Ravenna was but he assumed his parents must have had another litter. It was both surprising and also so natural. He didn't expect his parents to stop popping out children till they could. This Ravenna sibling could wait till a bit later, the more important things was they didn't know where his father was. "When did he leave?" He had no room to talk really. His mother had allowed him to leave as a young boy so surely she let a grown man go too.

Deacon listened to @Renier as his form leaned against @Nineva for support. He was glad he had her with. He wasn't exactly sure if he'd be standing up right now if she wasn't next to him. Before he could process everything and speak another wolf came into view. Dark with lighter shoulders and pale yellow eyes. The Archer-Lyall couldn't help but stare helplessly.

"Deacon, I am sorry that it took me so long to get here."

"It's okay. Just, thank you for showing up @Nicolò. Renier has been filling me in." The younger male dipped his head in respect towards his uncle. His eyes glanced back to Renier. Not yet done with their conversation. "Why exactly did she want to leave? Simply to start anew?" A bitter taste in his mouth but he found himself not having much room to judge again. It was the reason he had left the Ridge in the first place. To get a taste of something new. His brows furrowed as he let himself relax against Nineva. Glancing his eyes over to her to try and catch a glimpse. "I'm sorry I dragged you into this, Nin." His words a whisper only meant for his larger silver company. But it wouldn't be surprising if Renier and Nicolo could hear his gentle apology.

His bright amber eyes settled respectfully upon his uncle. "I understand that father is gone so, how is mother taking it? How is she in general?" She hadn't arrived yet but he assumed maybe she was busy. With everything that had been going on, he would not be surprised if she was flooded with tasks and in a rough condition.

Played by Vami who has 1,026 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer

"She's a bitter, old bitch." The words were a slithered hiss as she moved forward, a steady pace she had been keeping into the direction of the borders to meet her so. Her eyes danced with a fire, a sparkle there that had not burned in some time, just at the sight of her son. A smug expression held her lips as her tail arched high behind her. Her pale gaze shifted, sliding over Renier and her brother and onto the yearling girl. She was grayscale, reminding her of Narime whom she had not seen in a very long time. Not since Whisper Caverns had disband. Her eyes were mismatched which reminded her of the Lyalls on Jaysyek's side too. Of course, Elettra did not know she was the child of her dear, chatty and hyper friend Narime. Elettra had only the luck of meeting her first litter. After her assessment of the stranger, her attention moved back to her son.

Elettra had taken it upon herself to take some time coming to the borders. She did not come to them as often as she did before - there was no need. She left it to Nicolo, Sven and Renier, who seemed to do well with it on their own. Besides for the most part whatever bit she could smell from the border's edge disinterested her so she did not come. This time she had been called by a voice which had greatly changed with age and with a scent she could barely catch given the fact that her sense of smell was fading, even more so now with the winter. Elettra moved closer, no longer a fluid side as she once held, but a bit of a limp from where she had fallen from the mountains in order to catch Ravenna from doing so. She was not sure how much had been said to her son just yet. That the litter that came after him were already nearly grown, though Niles was gone and Isolde was dead, meaning he would never see them now. That Morganna and Greer had abandoned their home due to the threat of their own Uncle, and that his father was blind and was lost somewhere out there in this winter. Though he should know it all, still the mother wanted to shield her son from all the damage and shit. "I've missed you so much." She speaks with a rumble, coming along to her son and brushing her muzzle and throat along his cheek and shoulder. 

(This post was last modified: Jan 01, 2017, 03:09 AM by Elettra.)