(See All?) Announcements
489 Users Online
Bing, Google

Oh sympathy, where have you gone? — Wild Rye Fields 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Brian who has 77 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Icicle Whitefang
Well, Askan definitely showed that he knew little about females as well, from the look of confusion to the shaking of his head, to even a shudder as a he spoke. Icicle tried hard not to let the inward chuckle escape as the darker male spoke. “I’ll try, it’s an old habit from years of having little interaction with them.” He paused, sisters? Askan hadn’t ever mentioned them before, then again, this was the longest they had really stopped to chat together excluding hunts or causal time at the den, it seemed like the albino was learning more each second about his friend.

The white wolf tilted his head slightly as Asken’s question, the hell would he be asking if he knew about females if he was interested in one, it would make more sense to be asking how he’d get to know one better. “No? At least not that I know of, I was asking because I want to get to know the females of our pack better, since we’re all living together after all.” A thought struck Icicle, he looked his friend over slowly, tail wagging slightly as he asked it, genuine curiosity. {b} “Is it nice Askan? T have family?”
Played by Alice who has 1,273 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn

"I see." Askan responded, admitting that Icicle's lack of familiarity made sense.

And it wasn't his fault either was it? It wasn't his fault that he'd been born that way, that he was pale, flawed and frail. Was that enough of a reason for women to avoid him though? Were they just being petty and small minded? Askan's sisters were decent people- he didn't have to like them to know that- but that didn't mean all other women were the same. Some were nice and others mean, it was just the way of things. An odd balance of sorts. It was good that Icicle wanted to integrate himself better into the pack though, as Askan had been tiring of his self imposed exile. He'd been living with them for months now, it was time that he had gotten used to being part of the pack. Better late than never, the Yukon supposed.

"Is it nice?" What an odd question. Askan frowned and slowed his pace, as he thought it through. "I suppose? It's nice to know there will always be someone to watch your back but.... They're annoying. To heavy handed. To meddlesome. Sometimes I just wanted to get away, to not have to deal with all their bla bla bla."

He sighed, this wasn't a topic he was particularly fond of talking about. So he changed it, or at least he changed the angle.

"Why? You talk like you don't have a family somewhere. Everyone has a family." He stated, his ignorance blinding.

(This post was last modified: Jan 19, 2017, 06:13 PM by Askan.)
[Image: kana_pixel_by_marthypie-dcn3i8m.gif]
[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]
Icicle Whitefang
As they slowed down in their trek, Icicle listened carefully to Asken’s words, his curiosity about sisters genuine, the wolf’s blissful ignorance to circumstances that could take family away hadn’t really surprised Icicle, a lot of wolves had known starvation and constant hunger, the world was simply a harsh place, but not many had grown up without a family, knowing who you mother was, the gentle but stern love of a father, so many took the cherished gift of unconditional love while growing up for granted, but not every wolf even knew the soft and careful licks of comfort from a concerned mother as her young pup trips over a root while exploring the world around them.

“I wish it was so Askan, I truly do, but there’s a difference between having a family and knowing them, I never met mine, my earliest memories were of nothing but darkness, cold, hunger and loneliness, until an old wolf found me but after that….” the albino paused, he had already exposed more about himself in one sentence then he had to anyone before, he wasn’t sure if he should go on, but he had come out here to get to know his pack mate more, so reluctantly he went on “Sometimes I wish that he hadn’t found me, Dying would have been easier than some of the cruelties thrown out me just because I’m different. Wolves are cruel to those that don’t fit in.”
Played by Alice who has 1,273 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn
One more from you?

For once, Askan was quiet as he listened. From the sounds of it, the white wolf had it hard, so much so that Askan sorta felt bad for him. He was alright, so with that in mind Askan decided that he didn't deserve to have to deal with a whole lot of shit just because of the way he looked. Sure, he was no treat on the eyes but he was a Rye wolf now. So with that in mind, the Yukon came to a decision after a little while of silence. He didn't want Icicle to take this the wrong way and by no means did it suggest that they were the best of buddies now but...

Askan cleared his throat. "Well this is your home now, you have a family now. And if anyone tries to give you shit cause of how you look send them my way. I'll set them straight."

It was his job to after all, there was more to being a guardian than just trotting around the borders. He had to ensure that everyone was safe, that no one was being picked on, by those within the pack or otherwise. He doubted anyone in the fields would go out of their way to make Icicle feel like crap, but as their pack grew and expanded there was no way of knowing whether they would take a disliking to the resident albino or not. Not that it mattered how they felt, he'd been here longer and so he was of higher rank. They would have to respect him whether they liked it or not.

"I think we're about done here. It all looks clear to me. Come on, lets grab something from the cache, I'm hungry."

With that, Askan turned and with his snout motioned for the white wolf to follow. This chat had been.... interesting to say the least but now he understood Icicle a little better. Perhaps in time they would maybe even call each other friends, who knew?

[Image: kana_pixel_by_marthypie-dcn3i8m.gif]
[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]
Icicle Whitefang
The albino nodded quietly, listening to Askan’s words, and for once, he knew they were genuine and truly well intended. Icicle though, had no intention of letting others walk over him, he finally had a home, a family and a place where he was genuinely welcomed he intend to fight for it with every ounce of his pale body to keep them safe. Though a wolf who prefered words to fangs, sometimes you had to fight in order to back up what you say.

“I’ll defninatly keep that in mind, it;s good to know too.” there was a faint grin on the colorless wolf’s muzzle as Askan mentioned ending their patrol “Sure, I;d love to grab a quick bite the sun’s getting a bit too bright for my liking anyways.” he said, narrowing his sensitive gaze away from that ball of heat, of if he could do one thing, it’d simply be to plunge the world into a perpetual night, no more having to deal with the sun or it’s stinging glare. “I hope there’s some lemming in one of the catches, damn things seems to be all i can find as it is.”