604 Users Online
Jadon, Google, Bing, Kashikoi

Walking on Empty Plains — Larkcall Lowlands 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Alice who has 1,273 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn
One more post from you and then archive? Greaaat thread, love our angsty boys

It probably didn't mean much coming from someone who had abandoned his family, but Askan knew that family meant a lot. And that it was a sons duty to help support his family in times of trouble. So he could see why Aleksei felt as though he was duty bound to remain with his family, that he had to return to them to try and fix things, to make things right. Askan glanced over at him just in time to see him wince, and even he could see the pain in his eyes, as though he wad dwelling on memories he would much rather forget.

Again, Askan knew where he was coming from. Regret was tearing him up from the inside and it was clear to see that Aleksei was at a loss of what to do. He must have felt so lost, so alone. Askan didn't pity him per se, the mere thought of doing so seemed demeaning, but... They truly were kin. Perhaps not cut from the same cloth but there was enough for them to meet in the middle. 

Askan sighed. He'd tried earlier, but he had a feeling that empty assurances weren't going to do the tawny wolf any good. If anything it'd probably just make it worse. He knew that he wouldn't appreciate a pat on the back and well meaning, but useless 'there there.' So with that in mind, Askan decided to take a different route. One that he usually wouldn't even consider or think of taking.

"It's good to have a cause. Helps you get up in the morning." It certainly helped him anyway. "And I know my opinion don't mean jack shit to you, but I don't think that sounds like a bad one. Family's important, hold onto it for as long as you can."

That was funny. Considering what he'd done. But even Askan could see how much he loved his family, how much he cared. So of course, he should stay with his family and do his best to make it right. He'd left once before and it was clear that he regretted it, so now was the time to start making up for it. Right? The past was gone and out of the way, surely now was the time for action, to pull together before winter hit. 

It felt more than a little strange to be thinking of such things, words that could be applied to him. Why didn't he go home and try and make it up to his family? Why didn't he go back and pull his weight? He couldn't... He simply couldn't. And even if he wanted to, he had a home with the Rye wolves, the field was where he belonged, so even if the past called for him and beckoned him it was now his duty to ignore their enticing words and press forward. For the good of the pack. He was no use to them all miserable and angsty.

He wasn't sure why, but Askan decided to reveal some information he'd kept hidden earlier. This guy wasn't so bad, he saw no harm in telling him now. Besides, there was no use in keeping it a secret any longer, their neighbours were bound to find out sooner rather than later. 

"I'm from Wild Rye Fields." Askan told him as he stood up, shaking off the snow that clung to his coat. "Just north of the Palisade. It'd be real hard to miss the borders."

Was he dropping an invitation to come visit? Askan wasn't sure, those words just sort of slipped out. Either way, he decided it was time to leave. The others would surely notice his absence if he was gone for much longer, and if that happened then he'd have to explain what he was doing.... That was not something he felt like doing,

"See you around Aleksei. And uhhh, good luck with... Things?" That was lame, but Askan needed to go or at least he felt like he had to, so with that he trotted off into the night, heading back to the pack lands.
(This post was last modified: Dec 04, 2016, 04:26 PM by Askan.)
[Image: kana_pixel_by_marthypie-dcn3i8m.gif]
[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]
Played by Mimi who has 192 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Aleksei Baranski

Hopefully, everything would work out – Inna would forgive him for not being around (hell, now that Aleksei thought about it, did she even know who he was?) and his mother would understand (it was difficult to truly put his heart into believing that). He'd have to find them soon, to explain and attempt some sort of damage control. That, along with proving himself truly sorry, would be all he could do – there was nothing else he was capable of.

Aleksei snorted a laugh, “you know, jack shit isn't exactly what I'd say. You don't seem half bad, so I guess it's more meaningful than a lot of other wolves'.” Besides, it seemed like they were both in similar situations, even if they hated admitting it to themselves. They were borderline frightened of their family's opinions. After all, what did you have if you didn't have family?

Practically nothing, he reckoned.

Wild Rye Fields … ?” Huh. Must have been a new pack, because they had certainly not been around before Aleksei left. It came as a surprising relief to know that Askan's home wasn't actually too far from his own; a few days or so journey. Perhaps that would mean a lot more grumpy, angsty pal time for the both of them. “I'll keep that in mind then. My home, it's Hearthwood River. It's in, uh … Kingsfall.” Well, that certainly left a bitter taste in Aleksei's mouth. Kings' fall. Yeah … fitting, and absolutely eerie.

Yeah. Thanks, have a good night, Askan.” Deciding not to move just yet, the tawny wolf remained sat on the floor until the black male disappeared into the fog. Eventually, Aleksei would have to get up and go. But for the moment, he was content with just peeking through the parting fog, to the stars above.

Let the roots & soil drink of me
Whispering leaves & pointing branches will tell them where I'm lying