(See All?) Announcements
575 Users Online
Google

life goes on — Bramble Falls 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Alace who has 26 posts.
Inactive
Sakari Noatak
Sakari blinked and looked at her companion sideways when she asked the question. She seemed to have taken the story seriously, or at least she seemed to think Sakari did. Spirits save her; this was the sort of girl who actually believed the adults when they told nonsense stories meant to scare children into obedience.  “No!” Sakari assured her friend with a chuckle and a shake of her head. “Of course I don’t want to fall off.  Life as a star seems super boring, yeah?” She raised her eyebrows questioningly, expecting agreement from the ivory lady. “I’d just like to see it. If it’s there.”  She wanted to see it all. ”Here, the edge of the earth, and everything in between.”

When Sakari paused a little too long to test the air, Eido thankfully brushed past her to take the lead. She could have just been imagining things, but the older wolf seemed hesitant to lead their hunting party as well. Were two inexperienced hunters about to blunder their way into a rabbit warren? It would be utter chaos. Sounded like fun. Sakari continued forward with a little jaunt in her step. The rabbit scent grew stronger, and the dark lady mentally congratulated her companion on choosing the correct direction.  With practice, Sakari knew that she would someday have the skill to do this on her own. It certainly wasn’t for lack of enthusiasm; the Noatak girl absolutely relished everything about the hunt, probably because she had been deprived of it for her entire (albeit very short) puphood. 

“Well, sure..” Sakari answered Eido, keeping her expression blank but for a grateful smile. She couldn't really care less if the pack wolves were mean, though it did not surprise her that that was Eido’s criteria for judging a pack. What she really wanted to know was if they were strong or weak, large or small, at war with one another or peacefully coexisting, religious or otherwise. Were the packwolves overly trusting or more suspicious, and did they have weaknesses? Anything at all that could be manipulated? Were wolves allowed to roam as they pleased, or were they constrained to the pack’s territories? Could wolves come and go from the pack, or were they forever tied to one another?

“I guess I just wanted to know what they were like. You know, if I wanted to join—“ the girl stopped speaking abruptly as her eyes were drawn to a small movement in the underbrush.  They would have to pause their conversation for now, lest they scare away their prey.  Sakari nodded toward the spot where she had seen the movement in the snow. Perhaps they could stalk the stray rabbit back to the warren, where they would have multiple targets to choose from. Ideally, they would each end up with a rabbit of their own.
(This post was last modified: Jan 13, 2017, 05:10 PM by Sakari.)