(See All?) Announcements
488 Users Online
Bing, Google

traces of truth — Cedarwood Forest 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Grey who has 512 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Borden Lyall
<blockquote>Nightfall. Showers. 29º F/ -1º C.

After meeting with Jaysyek, Borden found himself teetering towards the resting space had he dug out next to a boulder at the base of a cedar tree. He used his right paw to push the needles and other accumulated debris aside before carefully lowering himself down into the cold earth. No <span class='word'>salvo</span> had sounded when he returned home aside from Aisling's attempt to defend him, but he supposed he liked it that way. At least, for now. He wasn't sure if the children had realized he was there and he hoped they would stay away for the time being.

He lowered his head onto his paws after reclining forward onto his stomach, watching out of the corner of his eye as two white figures made their way into the den. He smiled slightly to himself before allowing the corners of his mouth to drop. The pups had indeed matured over the summer and it almost killed him inside to see them so grown-up. Curling his tail around his unkempt frame, he rested his head against the side of the boulder and sighed. Just like last night and the night before that... and the night before that... he would keep watch over the pack den just to cope with his insomnia.</blockquote>
Played by Bryony who has 140 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Aisling Halleck
Aisling felt nervous here now. The feline voice in her mind was withered and gone, but now she feared that Jayse and Elettra would come after her. Paranoia picked at her mind, and she constantly jumped at the slightest sound; the wind rusting the leaves, a squirrel running up a tree. Then the rain came as day turned into night, and Aisling felt a bit better. The rain covered the sounds around her to a certain extent, and it wasn't as if she was stupid enough to start at every splish of a raindrop against a leaf.

The pale subordinate had wanted to talk to the lower wolf now that he was really here and hadn't been cast away. But again, she worried that her leader or the dark second would be lurking away in a corner, and she kept to herself. Wandering the forest absent-mindedly, almost wishing she had the old, nearly tangible Pangur back to guide her. What was she supposed to do? She shook out her long fur, trying to keep warm against the chilling rain, and as she walked, noticed something...Not earthen out of the corner of her eye.

<b style="color:#388d10">"Borden?" She paused, voice hushed. Her head didn't turn to look back at him, which would have been confirmation enough. The itch told her that someone could be watching and she wondered if it was just better to pretend that she was merely...resting. <b style="color:#388d10">"speech."

Inactive Deceased
Borden Lyall
<blockquote>The sound of someone approaching made his body tense and he immediately braced himself for a string of harsh words or a stern command. A soft voice uttering his name came instead. <i>"Borden?"</i> His eyes cautiously lifted upward just to make sure the voice had belonged to Aisling and upon recognizing her face, he averted his gaze again

<b>"Yes?"</b> he asked. His mind entertained the possibilities of what the young lady could have wanted, but ultimately started to draw blanks beyond asking what happened. <b>"You might want to get out of the rain,"</b> he suggested in a quiet tone, still not looking up at her in case she mistook his proposition as a command. <b>"Keep yourself warm."</b></blockquote>
Played by Bryony who has 140 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Aisling Halleck
When he answered, she turned around, willing to risk being torn apart for speaking to him. She'd spoken to Kiche after all when he'd been in Borden's position. Thinking of the large male caused Aisling to stifle a whine and she sat down, still a foot or so from Borden in his position beside the rock. She shook her head, feeling odd disobeying him. <b style="color:#388d10">"I'm afraid," She whispered, casting a glance towards the dens beyond. If anything, she was more afraid of going into that den as she was of the things that had suddenly filled up the silence, and the dark. She hated being afraid of Jayse, but she was, and it hurt. <b style="color:#388d10">"It's just rain," She added quietly, looking down at her paws. <b style="color:#388d10">"I'm glad you came back," Aisling added again, glancing up and nodding. <b style="color:#388d10">"You should be warm too." Frowning, she looked down again. <b style="color:#388d10">"speech."
Inactive Deceased
Borden Lyall
<blockquote><i>"I'm afraid,"</i> Aisling revealed to him as she glanced back towards the underground bear den. <b>"Mmm,"</b> he sounded nonchalantly as she said the rain was just... well, <i>rain</i>. His eyes observed her. The pale girl looked like she was wracked with worry and everything else that came with the stress from it aside from the fear she was currently harboring. She nodded at him, telling him that she was glad he had returned and that he ought to be warm also; but, at the end of her sentence, she frowned.

His face mirrored her expression. <i>I deserve it,</i> he wanted to tell her. <i>I deserve to freeze and shiver... It's only right.</i> He mustered up the means to manage a slight smile for whenever she decided to look back him, <b>"Thank you, Aisling; I'm glad to be back. I've missed Grizzly Hollow more than anyone could possibly imagine. I... I-I can't say that it feels <i>great</i> but it's at least comforting to know that the pack is still here... and, <i>you're</i> still here. I appreciate it."</b> His eyes dropped to her paws before looking out to the den, watching it for a while. <b>"It's okay to be afraid,"</b> he then uttered softly. <b>"It's just... a phase. It'll pass. I'm afraid, too, y'know."</b></blockquote>