586 Users Online
Bing, Google, Vili

Righting A Wrong — Fallen Tree Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis
@Moonshadow

His talk with Namid had given Kajika a lot to think about and resolved some of the confused feelings that he had been having. While he still wasn't completely comfortable with some of the changes that had taken place within the pack recently he was more willing to accept them. He did feel badly for not speaking with Moonshadow sooner about her situation and he knew he owed her an apology whether she knew it or not.

Namid had been right whether he felt that he could give her the advice or help she needed he should be there for Moonshadow. Which was why he broke from his routine and decided to talk with his student turned Leader, it was a little strange in his mind but something he would have to get used to. Like everything it would take time, that much he knew, which he had for his friend and his student.

Leaving the communal den just after dawn he headed down to the lake which he felt was a good place to have the conversation with her that needed to take place. He didn't waste time calling for her hoping that wherever she was she would hear it. Then while he waited he went to the water's edge to get his morning drink before turning toward the forest to wait for his call to be answered.

(This post was last modified: Dec 12, 2016, 04:17 AM by Kajika.)
[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Played by Grae who has 889 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

OOC! Out of character comments here

Days turned into weeks and weeks into months. As time dragged on and winter progressively got worse the temporary matriarch of the lake became more worried that the true ruler wasn't going to be able to step back up. The talk between the two women had gone smoothly for the circumstances but Moonshadow was scared. She had agreed to help out, to step up just until Namid could reclaim her rightful place as queen. She didn't know or think she had what it takes to lead a pack. It didn't help that she felt as if everyone in the pack was unhappy and blamed her for the rank shift. Due to believing this she had kept to herself mostly the past couple months making sure she did nothing but her duties for the pack. Boarder patrols, hunts to try to fill caches, even taking a small trip outside the boarders to see if she could boost their numbers. She wanted to prove herself to everyone but could feel the tension so she kept her distance.

Keeping her distance didn't only include keeping herself busy but also sleeping in a small makeshift den she had dug out from under some roots. This particular morning she was in said den and had decided to give herself a small break and allow herself just a little bit extra sleep. However this would not be the case - or as @Karina would say - not what the All Mother had planned for her. Still fast asleep Kajikas call drifted into the dark woman's dreams. Slowly waking from her slumber her coral tounge crept out in a big yawn. There was no mistaking whom had called her and if it was anyone else she probably would have been slightly irritated for being woken up. But it was none other than the man who had brought her to her now home. The one who taught her to be a valuable member of the pack. So with a brief stretch of her long limbs and a shake of her midnight pelt she headed towards the lake.

Just as she thought the dark form was by the now mostly frozen lake, most likely after having his daily morning drink. As her dark form broke from the trees her eyes and ears fell. Her tail was neutral and her head was pointed to the ground but was held just above that of her teachers. While she didn't like looking the part of alpha and holding a dominant stance she knew she had to show it some how. "Good morning Kajika. How are you?" She greeted him looking up towards him and giving a faint smile. While this man was the closest one to her she may have been especially trying to avoid him. She thought he was unhappy and possibly mad at her for the rank change and losing someone who was close to her again wasnt something the ebony woman wanted to face. She stopped a few wolf lenghts away from him as another yawn escaped her inky maw.

[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a rabbit's nest nearby. +1 Health
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

The lake was his thinking place it had been where he had finally made his decision to join Fallen Tree Cove. It was a place that held a lot of memories for him and as he sat looking out across the frozen lake waiting for his student to arrive these memories came back to him. Losing Des whom he often still thought of and wondered if she would ever return. Anthems death had been hard on all of them and though he hadn't known the man well he had been someone to look up to. The longer that Namid didn't take back the lead worried Kajika that she might never take it back. It saddened him that she was in a situation where she had to step down and was still unable to take the place that she had earned.

The sound of footfalls behind him brought him from his thoughts and leading him to face the forest. As expected the wolf who appeared was Moonshadow whom he hadn't seen much of since the announcement of her taking leadership. As weird as it felt to him he dipped his head to her to show her that he did respect her and the position she now held just a he would Namid. He felt the gesture was important for Moonshadow to see especially from him. He hoped that it would help her to see that he did support her no matter his personal feelings of the situation that Fallen Tree Cove was now in.

“Hello Moonshadow, I'm well. How are you doing?” He said in greeting hoping she was well since he hadn't really spoken to her lately. Since he felt she probably didn't know why he had called her to the lake hr felt it best that he start the conversation with the apology that he felt was very important to their friendship. Though she was his student he also felt that she was a friend and he didn't want to lose that friendship because of her change in rank. “I called you here Moonshadow because I feel I owe you an apology. I'm sorry that I haven't been there for you during this time as I'm sure it's difficult for you and as your friend and teacher I should have been there for the beginning,” he said before letting his gaze drop to look at his paws.

(This post was last modified: Dec 12, 2016, 08:05 PM by Kajika.)
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

Her yawn came to an end and silver eyes opened lazily. As the orbs focused on the dark man they captured the bow of his head. Her grey dusted ears fell back before moving to the sides looking like wings on a plane. It was an odd feeling for the woman for she still felt like she didn't deserve it. The role of lead was not rightfully hers and she felt she didn't deserve it. No matter what she felt she knew it was a necessary evil so she gave her teacher a small sleepy half smile. His question of how she was doing was expected after her own question but she was unsure if she wanted to be completly truthful or make it seem like she was a-okay. Deciding it was probably best to not be misleading she let out a sigh, ears falling back once more. "I'm okay. Just feel really weird and off about the whole rank change. I feel like everyone is...I dunno maybe mad?" She didn't know how to explain it exactly, especially since she felt that he was this "mad" feeling she thought he was. She let her eyes drop to her feet as a few moments of silence fell between them.

His next words surprised the ebony woman. Her mercury hued iries and radar like ears shot up in response. Apologize?!? Her initial confusion melted away as the raven colored man kept speaking. He was sorry for not being there for her when she probably needed him most. That hadn't once crossed the temporary matriarchs mind. If anyone should be sorry it was her. She had disappeared without a word - on accident of course. A small whine escaped her as she shook her head. "Oh Kajika. If anyone should be sorry its me. I left without a word. I am so sorry for worrying you. I hadn't meant to leave and to have been gone for so long." She felt so ashamed and hoped he would forgive her. She closed the distance between them and gave the man a nudge on the cheek. She didn't want him feeling guilty for anything. He had done nothing but been kind and patient with her. Taking a few steps back from him so that he'd have personal space she would glance between the ground out of guilt and her teacher to see how'd he react.

[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Kajika knew that he shouldn’t feel nervous about seeing and speaking with her but since he hadn’t really spoken to her since her return and promotion in the ranks he did feel nervous. He worried that she might be angry with him and that their relationship might be damaged. He wanted to do whatever it took to repair whatever damage he had done by not seeking her out and helping her get through this difficult time. He started with the only thing a subordinate should do when greeting their alpha and then asking how she was doing. With that question he wasn’t sure what to expect but he was glad when she shared how she was truly feeling. He nodded at her words because he did understand how she felt in a way. “I’m glad you’re okay. I can also understand how it would feel weird to be honest it’s a little weird for me too but it’s something that we will both have to get used to. I can’t speak as to how everyone feels but I can tell you for me I wasn’t sure how to feel about it, I have served Namid for as long as I have been here and I have just been really,” He shook his head not really knowing how to describe how he felt about what was happening. “Confused is the best way I can describe it.” He wished he could put her mind at ease about what the others were feeling but he just didn’t know.

Finally he was able to apologize for not being the friend and teacher that he should have been and he felt a tiny bit better but he still felt like he had a lot to make up for where she was concerned. He again wasn’t sure what to expect, would she be so angry that she wouldn’t accept his apology or would she understand and give him a second chance to do right by her. He waited with anticipation for her response. He was a little more than shocked when she started to apologize to him for disappearing and causing him to worry about her. His gaze lifted from his paws to her as she spoke and then he shook his head. She then surprised him even more when she moved forward and nudged his cheek which he returned with a nudge of her cheek. “You’re a big girl, I’m sure you had your reasons. Whatever they are I’m just glad your home safe and sound.” He had been a little disappointed that she had disappeared as he was afraid that she had left him like Des had but when he saw that she had come back those feelings and thoughts had disappeared.

(This post was last modified: Dec 17, 2016, 03:25 AM by Kajika.)
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

The dark teacher explained that the rank shift had left him feeling a bit weird and confused. Those were things Moon could completely relate to. She had served Namid the whole time she had been here too. Granted she hasn't been in the Cove as long as her teacher had but she knew in her heart that the pale woman was who should lead not herself. He told her that he couldnt speak for the rest of the pack which was understandable and she didn't expect him to be able to. "Its weird for me too" she admitted with a small sigh. Even though Namid was confident in the young woman's abilities, she was still was unsure if she agreed with the queen.

Her apology shocked the dark man as well as her nudge. She didn't exactly know how he'd react. It was a comforting nudge to show her regret. His coal nose returned the nudge before she moved away. Mercury eyes looked back towards his light amber ones as she gave a faint smile. He said that she was a big girl and probably had her reasons. She gave a small chuckle and a flick of her silver dusted tail at her being a 'big girl'. She hadn't meant to leave their home. While she didn't know about Does and how she had left Kajika she still figured he had worried about her. "I really hadn't meant to leave. It just kind of happened and then I got lost which was why it took me so long to find my way back." Dark ears flicked back and her shoulders slumped. Guilt still filled her entire being. The last three months had been rough for her but she could deal just as she always has. Despite it being rough she was happy to be home. "I'm glad to be back as well".

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Kajika was sure that he wasn't the only one that the change in ranks had caused mixed feelings for. This was confirmed when Moonshadow admitted to feeling weird about it as well, knowing her as he did he suspected that it might feel especially weird. “It's something we all must get used to while Namid recovers,” he said not only for her benefit but his as well. He didn't know how long it would be until Namid was able to take back the lead so it would be best for them all to get used to it.

He had given his apology only to get one back from Moonshadow and more than anything he was glad that she wasn't angry with him for his poor behavior. It was a sign that perhaps he hadn't ruined their relationship as bad as he had thought which he was grateful for. It had been a long time since he’d had a friend like Moonshadow and he didn't want to lose her friendship. He nodded as she explained about her disappearance, “I had hoped you would come back especially since you had seemed so eager to be a part of and help the pack before. I'm sorry that you got lost and wish that there had been something that I could do to help you but I'm glad you found your way home.” Because this was her home now he had brought her here and helped her to feel like it was her home and the fact that she had found her way back and was taking a position that she didn't feel comfortable in to save the pack told him she felt the same.

What had happened with Des would be a story for another day that he hoped he would be able to tell Moonshadow someday.

“I hope that we are okay as friends and I want you to know that you can do this, be our leader while Namid gets better but more importantly I want to make sure you know you can come to me with anything you might need. I don't have any experience leading a pack which I feel I should be upfront with you about but I hope I can still help you if you'll accept my help after my recent behavior.” He wanted to make sure she understood that he was there for her and that he would also understand if she didn't want his help.

(This post was last modified: Dec 19, 2016, 01:03 AM by Kajika.)
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

OOC! Sorry this is so bad. I just could not get it together O.o oh and do you mind if we back date this? Maybe to the first or second of Dec? :)

The dark woman gave a small nod in response to her teachers words. Yes indeed it would take a while to get use to the shift. She hoped though that the shift wouldn't last long for Namid was the true queen and should always remain so in the young woman's eyes. Moon could only wait it out and hope for the best, to hold this place for the lake queen until she was healed.

Her silver dusted tail thumped lightly on the snow covered ground as Kajika explained that he was happy she was back. While she was lost she couldn't help but wonder if anyone would miss her. A warm smile grew on her face at the prospect of her being wrong. "Its alright. Its my own fault I shouldn't have ever ran off like that." Her ears flattened and smile shrunk. She didn't know if she wanted to disclose just why she had ran off. It was a silly thing that did more damage than harm. As the raven pelted woman thought about what had caused her to go she couldn't help but realize that despite Kajika being the closest wolf to her she didn't know very much about his past. "Um - if you don't mind my asking. How'd you come to find the cove?" She decided that was a good place to start without seeming like she was being nosey.

The next words that fell from the dark mans mouth shocked the temp alpha. Of course they were okay! Why on earth wouldn't they be? She wondered ears perking back up with eyes following suit. "There isn't a reason for us not to be." She exclaimed her smile returning. "You haven't done anything wrong. I've kind of been avoiding everyone...which probably isnt yhe best. I really do appreciate your support and talking with someone actually does help." Talking allowed Moonshadow to relax a bit, she's missed it actually. Maybe her morning patrols could include her teacher from now on if he'd allow it.

(This post was last modified: Dec 23, 2016, 05:12 AM by Moonshadow.)
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis
It wasn't a bad post at all.

Whether Moonshadow was ready to become leader or not she had been thrust into the position. While he now understood it was something that was necessary he wasn't sure everyone had been ready to accept it or if they even were now. What he did know that regardless of who had stepped up for Namid some of them might still have had a problem with it, himself included. It wasn't what he was used to and if he knew one thing about himself it was that change was something he wasn't very good at and it took him time to get used to it.

His student still seemed to want to keep the details of her disappearance close to the chest and that was okay with him. He had learned a long time ago that when they were ready they would talk about it. “Hmm, I'm not sure I see it that way. If it caused you to run off then it was probably important after all if it wasn't do you think it would have gotten as much attention?” Just because she wouldn't open up about it didn't mean he couldn't help her or give her a little advice. She did however surprise him when she asked about how he’d come to find Fallen Tree Cove. “A friend, we met while she was still on her own and joined a month or so after we met and after she told me about the kind of leader Namid was. It took awhile but I finally made the decision to join,” he explained. He didn't know why she asked but she was his closest friend so he didn’t mind sharing.

It seemed him asking if they were okay surprised her just as much as her question did him and when she told him there wasn't a reason for them not to be he felt a sense of relief. It also seemed she blamed herself for them not speaking as much lately. “I’m glad we're okay, I don't want to lose your friendship.” Kajika nodded his head in agreement when she said avoiding everyone probably wasn't the best thing to do. “I understand why you might think that best but I'm not sure it's what's best for you. As the alpha you should go and talk to them and help them to feel comfortable with the shift in ranks. Even though Namid’s stepping down is only temporary you are the alpha and they need to know you are there for them the same way she always was. I feel that if you show them you are capable of holding this position then it will be easier for them to accept you as alpha.”She hadn't asked for the advice but he felt it was needed when she seemed so worried about how the others felt.

(This post was last modified: Dec 23, 2016, 06:18 AM by Kajika.)
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »