567 Users Online
Google, Bing, Mouseling, Adora, Flair

little daisy boy — The Wildwood 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becca who has 463 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
For @Renier. Hope this is okay?

Everything had started to become almost automatic. To wake up with Mae and converse briefly before parting ways for most of the day. He seemed to always leave her with a "Be safe, Mae" and a gentle nudge. He had grown to enjoy every moment with her. The times where they wrestled or joked with each other. Or how when they found something to eat he had no need to feel embarrassed about shoving his face with food. One of the first things they learned about each other was a common love for food. Wasn't that what every wolf loved, though? Perhaps they just shared a stronger love for it. Kerberos was by no means a chunky boy but neither was he a skinny one.

This morning had been no different than usual. Splitting from Mae with a promise to be home by nightfall. It wasn't like he had anywhere else to be once the sun set. Besides, it was cold outside of the old den they had found. Why wouldn't he want to go 'home'? With thoughts filling his head of what they might do tonight (wrestle, chat, or merely rest) Kerberos had set out as a happy lad. His chipper mood, as usual, accompanied him. Trotting off through the snow to find something to bring home. Hopefully, he would run into tracks or another leftover deer. He wasn't very useful alone but if it meant staying with Mae he'd try his best to better his skills.

have you checked out my player preferences?
Played by Switch who has 389 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall
shoot it, shoot it out
renier lyall
cause they want a little more

North bound he had a vague inclination where all he needed to go. Grizzly Hollow would be the first. Then there was two other packs on his list. One he knew the name of Secret Woodlands, and the other he had every intention of finding out. But, he had to converse his energy, and choose wisely. He didn't like traveling far from the Ridge, and he needed to take as little time as possible. But, he wanted to get word out for Elettra. He wanted to see about allies, strengths and weaknesses. He pressed on at a steady speed, trying to make it to the creek before heading on.

Soon enough the wreckage of the Wildwood greeted him, and he took in a long breath, pulling in the scent of them. Also, double checking for the location of the water. He had no intention to wander too far in them today. But, couldn't deny he was drawn to the dead wood. Maybe, because it had remained unclaimed. Others didn't much stray because of the fire that had once been. Russet ears cupped forward, he dropped down to the water, and satisfied his thirst. Then just as quick his long limbs were on the move again.

It was his nose that told him first another was in the area, and he drew up a walk. Eyes searching till  they fell upon the dark tawny coat. A woof left his lips, to announce his own presence, but the Lyall realized he didn't know the young male. "Nice day for a walk?" They were about the same height, but the young man looked like he needed a lot more good meals.

template base formed by GINNYSAURUS.
[Image: ps_sig_by_becuffin-dc2lwrc.png]
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel

A spring in his step had kept him at a nice pace. As far as he was concerned, nothing was going to get him down or get in his way. There were too many things to do to be brought down! Although it appeared something wanted to try. His nose had caught the scent too late and suddenly there was a voice. "Nice day for a walk?" Kerberos's tail wagged and he shifted to get a better sight of the man who had spoken. Older, about the same color, better well fed, and the smell of a pack. Oh, there was more wolves! Kerb hoped Mae would be ecstatic to know!

"Indeed it is! The name is Kerberos but Kerb is easier. What brought you out here?" His tones were friendly. The young Rigel cocked his head to the side too, out of pure curiosity. He wondered where this man had exactly come from and thought if the old den him and Mae had been using was perhaps this stranger's old den. "Do hope I'm not intruding? I didn't think I smelled any borders. Will be honest, I'm not the best tracker in the whole wilderness." He laughed and looked at the older male. Perhaps he could work his way through this interaction with some lighthearted humor and politeness. Just like he had done with Mae. Granted it also raised the question if this strange would bring forth some sort of new excitement like what had happened with Maera. Or at least something close to that.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a rabbit's nest nearby. +1 Health
Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall
shoot it, shoot it out
renier lyall

He would never understand how someone could be so jovial when there lacked to be an apparent reason. Especially, laying eyes upon a stranger. A brow raised, and he paused mid walk. Had he taken a wrong turn? Did this boy live off of rainbows and butterflies? The rogue made an effort to stop those thoughts. It didn't matter. In fact if he ran into anyone, he would prefer a contrast to himself. He wasn't exactly a ray of sunshine.

Shoulders shrugged. "It's a quiet place, and usually good hunting." The line never failed. But, he seemed worried he may have trespassed. "No, you're good. Packs are quite a ways from here. Though, it's a nice place to set up." There was a faint smile, which coming from Ren, was a polite stretch. Though, really the young man didn't seem so bad. He could be of use. If anything maybe help pass some time. Oh, but he had introduced himself in his rampant chatter. "Pleasure Kerb. I'm Renier, from Willow Ridge. What is it you are doing out here?" It was only fair game to ask in turn, right? Maybe, the fella needed a home.

Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel

He couldn't deny that statement! "I have to agree. I haven't run into much trouble out here and some prey still seems to be around despite dropping temperatures." The young male nodded his head as if asserting himself that everything he said had been right. If himself and Mae as two lone wolves had been out here living just fine, the land really couldn't be awful.

The Rigel male couldn't stop the sigh of relief that fell from his lips when the older stranger announced no packs were nearby. "That's truly nice to hear. I'm traveling with someone and she isn't very fond of packs. Been a lone wolf her whole life! Can you believe it?" Kerberos couldn't stop the chuckle that fell from his mouth. It was a strange idea that Kerberos, a wolf who was all for families and packs, was traveling with Maera who was all for being alone.

Kerberos offered a polite smile as the male introduced herself. "Pleasure is all mine, Renier! I'm just out here looking for something to eat or a new face to meet." His words awfully light and cheery for someone in his position. "And it seems I have accomplished one of those things! What about you?" He was curious what this Willow Ridge wolf was doing out here.
Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall
shoot it, shoot it out
renier lyall

Renier visited often, but to hear the prey were still about was good news he needed. The Ridge had resources, but he liked to use those else where when he could. Winter had let out another storm only to then send freezing temperatures, and he felt it would be the pattern for the next few months. Traveling might get a bit harder.

An ear gave a twitch as he shared his own relief, and little bit about a companion. Well, it sounded like he shouldn't attempt to offer a home, and swiftly decided against it. But, there were other things to be gained. Though, he found it strange how amused he was by the notion his friend was a born loner, and wanted to stay that way. It was different, but to Renier more sad. It couldn't be pleasant circumstances surrounding it. "That is unusual," he commented. "She must have good reason I'd guess." He couldn't quite smile in turn, but felt lit wasn't much matter to him.

Eyes raised a bit at his louder tone he continued to use. He wasn't like anybody he'd ever met. So...exuberant. How'd that be? He couldn't picture him in a pack setting, at least not the Ridge. Why was he a loner now? For now he kept the thought to himself. "Well, I was just thinking we could cross the second thing of the list. A mutual hunt? If we get lucky I'll take what I can, and you and your friend can keep the rest? I've got more mouths than my own to feed."

Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
Hunting Post 1/4
Unusual indeed, but the tawny male accepted Mae for whoever she was. He was still working on finding out exactly who she was. Kerb liked to think he had a pretty good grasp on the wolf she was but there were times that she'd surprise him. He loved it, truthfully. It kept things exciting and let him know he wouldn't grow bored with her company. Something that he needed desperately was new experiences.

The offer of a hunt allowed an excited little yip to slip from his mouth. Oh, how manly of him. "I'd love that, actually. Any idea what you're in the mood to hunt for? And that sounds like a very nice offer that I can't refuse." His tones had mellowed out more now but it was obvious he was still excited. Kerberos had come to love hunting. Mostly because it meant he'd, hopefully, live to see at least another day. Besides, he was usually a heathen when it came to food. He had discussed such with Maera the very first day they met. Wasn't he the most charming thing?

His nose twitched and he sniffed the air wondering if anything would speak out to him. Even if it did he might wait for @Renier's notion on what to hunt.
(This post was last modified: Mar 23, 2017, 09:03 PM by Kerberos.)
Inactive No Rank
Renier Lyall
Hunting/Tracking 1/3
shoot it, shoot it out
renier lyall

An ear flicked back in surprise by his slip of excitement. There was no sour expression, just a faint smile. From the non-nonchalant Lyall that was as good as it got. Oh to be young again, and hold such endless energy. He would need it for the task ahead. His red-tawny tail gave a wave behind him to show he was surely excited for the chance of a hunt. "Good, a little less work for each of us." They were pretty well matched, and Kerberos probably had some experience raising the odds in their favor.

As for what to hunt. "Pretty sure there are deer. Just got to find a trail. You want to check over yonder, and I'll do same over there," he jerked his head east, and then west. Briefly, letting his gold eyes rest on the young man, until it was understood. Then,he tromped to his chosen location, checking along the standing twigs, and tree trunks for a sign. Black nose to the air, catching their scent but not precisely where. A muffled sigh, he trotted a bit further, now checking the snow. There was old prints some snow had tried to hide, but they were not the new scent that teased his senses. "Any luck?" He called out to his companion, wondering if he ought to move over there or continue where he was at.

(This post was last modified: Feb 08, 2017, 05:51 PM by Renier.)
Inactive No Rank
Kerberos Rigel
Hunting Post 2/4
He nodded his head in agreement and began to sniff around where he had been directed to do so. There were stale scents of rabbits and something (perhaps a bird, other canines, or ever a feline) he was unfamiliar with. It was discouraging but he knew that Maera wouldn't want to see him give up so easily. With his nose close to the ground he kept going around. The scent of what they were hoping for kept growing. With an eager smile, he made his way back to @Renier.

A soft nod of his head and wave of his tail signaled what he would say next. "Found something this way, might need to follow the trail for a bit." He crept back to where the scent was strong, his head turned to make sure the Ridge man was close. The Rigel moved along and kept his eyes peeled when a rather small herd could be seen moving up ahead.

Kerberos slowed down to a stop and whispered. "You wanna have the honors of picking which we go after?" They were safe from the deer's sight for now but they would have to act quickly in order to not miss a chance at a meal.
(This post was last modified: Mar 23, 2017, 09:03 PM by Kerberos.)