(See All?) Announcements
711 Users Online
Google, Bing

Pity Maiden for Your Folly — Larkcall Lowlands 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Flywolf who has 128 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Anaia Lieris
Backdated to 12.8, right after Impressive Operation. @Lorcan and also for @Odin mostly, but any WM wolves are welcome to wander in after a few posts. Lorcan,  I assumed Anaia was following you to the den, and I figured @Odin is with them.  Let me know if you want me to change anything!

Anaia limped after Lorcan, still reeling from the day's events.  It had been a busy one, and while it hadn't been hotyst-totsy, she counted it as a good day.  Already she was starting to relax and feel her old self returning.  Being a lone wolf was not the life for her; she needed a group. She needed her family.

Having some hope was helping her strength return as well; even though she'd needed assistance coming into the territory, her determination to prove she wouldn't be dead weight was lending her strength.  She needed to show them that even while she was recovering she could still take care of herself.  "Do you really think I can be recovered within a month?" She asked the healer.  

Anaia was careful to watch where she stepped so she didn't step funny and make her injury worse.  She hoped she could be patient enough to let it heal without doing something stupid to make it worse.  She always had been a terrible patient; it used to frustrate her mother and brother to no end.  She just hated sitting still and being helpless.  

She glanced at Odin and tried to think of something to say, but for the first time in her life she couldn't.  She swallowed and asked, "So, why are you interesting in healing?"

Stupid! She berated herself.  That was a stupid thing to say!
(This post was last modified: Feb 04, 2017, 11:32 PM by Serach. Edit Reason: Staff edit, this isn't a "pack" thread )
[Image: 100ksig_by_a_yellow_bird-db3e1g4.png]
Played by Jacqueline who has 783 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
@Odin
Lorcan walked at a slower pace as he back-tracked towards the old abandoned goat track which led up to the monadnock, where the rest of the back was situated, allowing Anaia plenty of time to keep up with her sprained leg. As his paws hit the harder, grainy surface of the goat track, he took extra precaution as he made his way up; sniffing the ground and pressing his paws against the gravel to make sure the route he led the female on was a safe one.

Russet ears flicked back behind him as he heard Anaia pose a question towards him. His black tipped tail flickered in thought as he thought back to the explanation he had made towards Craw earlier. “I’m sure.” He confirmed, glancing back momentarily behind him to offer her a confident smile. “With plenty of rest, you’ll be running around in no time.” He called back, before turning his back around in search of the old coyote den that was situated somewhere nearby.

He had never paid much mind to it before, having seen no real purpose for it, but now it would be put to use once again. Although it would probably need a bit of digging out first. As he neared its hollowed entrance, Lorcan sniffed at it before peering inside. As he had suspected, some of the inside had caved in leaving some dirt and rubble that would need to be cleared before Anaia could use it. Glancing back towards Odin, he gestured his muzzle towards the coyote den. “Odin, do you think you could help me clear some of this debris?”
# P O R C A N
sometimes, two people have to fall apart to realise
how much they need to fall back together
Played by becuffin who has 207 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Odin Archer

Odin had been looking to the sky, only paying half a mind to the conversation behind him. There, he thought he spotted a black shape against the sky. Perhaps when they were done sorting this one out, he'd go see what frozen treasure the crows had unearthed in the frozen tundra. He was still a boy by all accounts and in typical childish fashion, his attention could sometimes be hard to hold. When he realised the last question had been directed at him, his initial answer was a startled "Hmm?" but he managed to quickly recover the half-heard question into something legible.

"Oh my nonna is a healer down south, mother knows plants well. Just seems like something worth knowing." He gave a non-committal shrug. His bulk obviously lent the lad more to brawling, and truth be told that was where his interest lay, but he would be more use to the pack as a well-rounded individual he was sure.

Already prepared for the mess that awaited them (having deposited a large chunk of it there with @Kara himself), he set to work dragging rocks and dust back with his paws without complaint. The sooner the new wolf was settled the sooner he could sate his curiosity.

[Image: sigodincheeb_by_becuffin-dahhpv8.png]
Played by Flywolf who has 128 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Anaia Lieris

Word Count: 237  

Anaia nodded as Lorcan spoke, heart rising.  Just a few weeks; I can survive a few weeks. 

Odin’s answer made sense; following in family tradition was something she could understand.  Her own mother had been a scout in her birth pack, and it was something that greatly interested Anaia as well.

Anaia tried to help clear out the den at first, not liking to receive tzedakah, but she lost her balance and landed on her leg, letting out a sharp whine.  After that she stood back, head hanging as she was forced to stand there and be useless.   I hate this. She thought sourly, scuffing the ground with her paw.

Standing idle led to her thoughts returning once again to her pack – no, this was her pack now, she reminded herself – up north.  She wondered not for the first time if the rest of them had managed to stay together in the blizzard.  She replayed the moment she realized they were gone over and over in her head, wondering what she could have done to keep from getting lost. Her stomach knotted, and she shook her head as if to banish the memories that way.  Obsessing over what she could have done differently would do nothing but make her sick.

She’d gotten separated from the others because she’d been too focused on her thoughts.  From now on, she vowed, I’ll focus on what’s in front of me.

"Speech"  Thought

[Image: 100ksig_by_a_yellow_bird-db3e1g4.png]
Played by Jacqueline who has 783 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Lean muscles rippled beneath his agouti fur as Lorcan leant down and reached his forepaws out to wrap them around large mounds of dirt and rubble. Then strong  movements, he pushed and scrapped back the debris behind him, sending a heavy spray of the dirt between out his legs and into the space the surrounded them. A cloud of dust soon formed in air and the medic’s nostrils flared as it began to tickle his nose and made it harder to breathe. He missed the conversation between @Odin and @Anaia as his head had been deep inside the coyote den at that point. Backing out slowly from the den and back out onto the goat track to catch his breath, he allowed Odin to finish off the work.

A loud sneeze quaked through his chest and Lorcan shook his pelt to recompose himself before he glanced back across to the coyote den and moved to stand beside Odin to inspect the fruits of their labour. “It’s looking good Odin, I think that will do for now.” He said with grin, noticing the dust that now stained his black coat a distinctive muddy brown. Glancing around to Anaia, he gestured his nose towards the tidied den. “You can try it out now if you want.”

Lorcan next turned his attention to the plants that he would need to provide the injured female. Glancing towards her injured limb again, the male quickly went through the potential plant options in his head before finally settling on one. “We are going to need some arnica, do you think you could go and retrieve it for me Odin? It’s the one with the bright yellow flower with long pointed petals. I need some of the root from it.” He instructed, hoping that his description was detailed enough for the younger male to correctly identify the plant amongst all the others.
# P O R C A N
sometimes, two people have to fall apart to realise
how much they need to fall back together
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a family of deer nearby. Hunt Opportunity