(See All?) Announcements
404 Users Online
Juniper, Bing, Google, Oleander, Apollo

In Perspective — Fallen Tree Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

It had been quite the chase through the snow but Kajika had been successful in catching the rabbit he’d been tracking for the better part of the morning. He had wanted to wait until the right moment when he could be sure that he would catch the creature without fail. It was too important for him to make sure that he caught his prey. He carried it proudly through pack lands to the cache where he would leave it. It might not be enough to feed everyone in the pack but it would help get them through at least a little and that was something.

After all that had happened in the pack over the last few months, mainly the rank shift he felt a little better having brought the rabbit back. Though talking with Moonshadow and Namid had helped a lot there was still some uneasiness to the situation. Part of Kajika felt that feeling would only go away once the pack felt like it was back to normal.

Reaching the cache he put the rabbit in for later before making his way toward the lake, after the long chase he thought a cool drink of water would be just the thing he needed before having a rest for a short time. He still had a pass of the border he wanted to make before he turned in for the night. On his way to the lake however he caught a very familiar scent close by which belonged to Vespertio sohe thought he might catch up with the man and see if he needed anything. “Vespertio,” he called to get his alpha’s attention.

(This post was last modified: Dec 25, 2016, 11:37 PM by Kajika.)
[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Played by AshBash who has 357 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vespertio Vuesain

A russet ear pivoted off to the side upon hearing his name break the silence that had come to peacefully engulf the shift in day from morning to early afternoon, molten gold irises shifting their attention from the freshly compacted snow that marked his own most recent contribution to the cache to settle upon the dark silhouette of his trusted second in command. "Hello, Kajika." The agouti man greeted verbally after offering a few wags of his charcoal dusted tail, adjusting his stance to face the darker man head on after approaching close enough to leave a wolfs length between them..

"What can I do for you?" The habitual question falling from his salmon tongue easily, expecting his loyal subordinate in need of something considering how hectic life had become within Fallen Tree Cove. It wasn't often anymore it seemed that any two wolves within the pack had free time to just chit chat about whatever topic breached the surface first. Although, Vesper admittedly did miss when times were simpler and they could afford to just lounge about and keep each other entertained with such easy conversation. Winter, though, was a season that refused to offer any living soul such pleasantries it seemed.

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

It had been a long time it seemed since he'd spoken with Vespertio and now with things in the Cove being as they were he thought he should check in with the alpha. Especially to see how he was doing, it couldn't be easy for him to see Namid as she was and have Moonshadow by his side instead of his wife. His tail swayed behind him in greeting as the man approached, “Hello, sometimes it feels like we are all so busy we don't get to see much of each other.” With so few of the and them all working for the pack it did seem like he rarely saw his pack mates. Even his time with Moonshadow had lessened though he supposed that was to be expected with her new responsibilities.

“Oh, there's nothing I need you to do I just thought I would see how you are doing? See if maybe there is something I can do for you?” That was his job, to help his alpha as much as he could and be there if the agouti man needed or wanted to talk about something. Kajika felt it was a part of his job he'd been neglecting and knew he needed to do better for both Vespertio, Namid, and now Moonshadow. The dark man felt that he needed to spend more time with his packmates in the future.

(This post was last modified: Dec 27, 2016, 11:07 PM by Kajika.)
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
Shallow water has trapped several fish in a small pond. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Vespertio Vuesain

A warm smile soon came to settle upon the agouti man's inky lips noting that Kajika himself had even picked up on the rarity of simple encounters with one another, the hectic and busy schedule that they had had to keep; especially more so now that winter was in full swing, interfering with essential moments they needed to take just to be them. An individual person rather than a work labored member of the pack they were fighting on a daily basis to keep alive. "You're telling me. I can't recall the last time any of us have taken a day to ourselves just to relax and be normal for a change." He spoke, a faint laugh following shortly behind his words.

Upon hearing the ebony man's question a creamy brow quirked upward, heavy shoulders offering the loyal second in command a small nonchalant shrug. There was so much on the patriarch's plate between keeping the pack running fluidly, seeing to it that his children lived to see another spring, ensure that his wife fought and won the inner war with her demons on top of making sure that everyone else within the pack felt safe and confident in calling Fallen Tree Cove home. These were all his responsibilities as lead male. Shaking his head once, molten gold irises held the equally light hued pair of Kajika's for a moment before allowing the smile on his inky lips to grow in size a fraction.

"You've done a lot and then some, Kajika. I couldn't possibly ask more of you, but I'm doing alright. How are you doing, though?" Vesper knew that he was one of the wolves that hadn't taken to the shift in ranks so smoothly despite not voicing it so. He couldn't blame the man though. One moment your friend is here then gone the next without an explanation for the dark man; to Vesper's knowledge, only to return and suddenly be tossed into the highest rank while the only lead female you've come to know demoted herself. That was a lot to take in in such a short amount of time. 

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Vespertio had a point, it wasn't just about having the chance to talk with each other but also time to lay about in the sun or chase prey just to chase them or spar with each other as he'd done with Moonshadow. Winter left them working all of the time to make sure there was enough to go around and patrols to keep the pack safe. Kajika smiled at the man's laugh, “Me either but maybe once spring has returned and the caches full we can take a day, all of us to do what it is that helps us to relax.” It seemed a fair reward for everyone after working so hard through the winter that they all deserved a day to themselves.

Being an alpha was something that Kajika had never had the opportunity to experience himself and he was fine with that. However he knew from watching his father how hard it could be to be an alpha. All of the things that had to be taken care of, the pack and pups, making sure there was enough food for everyone. It had to be tiresome so anything he could do to help Vespertio he would. It was what they did in their pack, help each other and the alphas shouldn't be the only ones helping without getting help in return. The beta felt that was what made their pack work so well, they were a family that cared for each other and did what they could for each other.

The beta dipped his head to the compliment that he Was given, “Just doing what I think I should be doing and what I think will help you and Namid, I'm glad to know I'm doing a good job. I'm glad your doing well despite what's happened.” Kajika took a moment before telling Vespertio how he was doing to really take stall of how he was feeling. “Better I think, I've been worried about the pack and then Moonshadow…” he trailed off still feeling ashamed of his behavior toward her even though they had worked things out between them. “I think she will do a good job standing in for Namid until she's better.” There had been a lot for him to process lately but he felt he was starting to come to terms with it all.

(This post was last modified: Jan 09, 2017, 12:02 AM by Kajika.)
Inactive No Rank
Vespertio Vuesain

Creamy haunches lowered to touch the snowy earth below while russet ears listened to the ebony man speak, his head nodding gently in agreement to what he had to say. The idea of the entire pack as a whole taking a day off to just lounge about the lake's shoreline while absorbing the first warm rays of spring and enjoying each other's company sounded like quite the pleasant activity, especially with the chilling breath of winter breathing down their spines so harshly with each passing day that brought them further into its frigid grip. By the looks of things, it didn't seem to be letting up anytime soon either. 

"Better?" He asked curiously, a single brow quirking to visually display such curiousness as to what the man meant before listening on to Kajika how so. Apparently Vesper was not the only one whom had been worried about the pack, but the worry the darker man help stretched further to a more specific individual. Moonshadow. At this the lakeside patriarch nodded in understanding. "I have full faith that she will succeed as Namid's temp, but I do fear I may have asked too much of her too soon. She's still young and has much to learn." He admitted, russet ears momentarily splaying back to brush against the back of his head. Of course Moon was taking the new rank placed upon her shoulders with quite the grace, but even he knew being an alpha was not for everyone.

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

When Vespertio took a seat in the snow Kajika did the same, they could talk comfortably that way. He took his alphas nod as a sign that he agreed with the suggestion of them all taking a well deserved day off once spring came. It would give them more time as a pack which the beta thought was important. A pack shouldn't be just about work but play as well especially since they were a family and they needed to have family time. Time to themselves was also important, they each had their own things to work through though with spring some of their worries would go away until the next winter.

It seemed his alpha had picked up on the word better and had become curious about it. “With Namid stepping down I was very conflicted I suppose is the best way to describe it,” explained Kajika, “Then realized the way I was handling the rank change wasn't the right way at all but now I think I’m a little more comfortable. I mean Namid has been the lead female since I joined and it just didn't feel right her not being in that place but I understand why she did it and while I may not have felt completely comfortable having Moonshadow step up while Namid took time to herself was the right thing to do.” It had taken some time for him to come to terms with that but he had accepted it now and he hoped he had been able to show that to Moonshadow and Namid. Kajika nodded as Vespertio expressed his faith Moonshadow and also his fear of asking her with her being so young. “She is young and still has a lot to learn but I too have faith she will do well especially with the right support behind her. She's a quick learner and I expect that she will step up to the challenge but I certainly don't think you asked too much of her, if anything what you have asked of her will help her in the future.”

Kajika believed that by asking her to become their temporary leader it would help her to gain more confidence in herself. It was something that she would need to get by in life and I'm the pack.

(This post was last modified: Jan 09, 2017, 02:25 AM by Kajika.)
Inactive No Rank
Vespertio Vuesain

Having been under so much stress with keeping the pack alive and well, the Cove patriarch hadn't thought about how the others would feel to such sudden and large changes that were made. Throughout the history of Fallen Tree Cove there had only ever been one male; himself, and two females to hold the rank of leader; until Moonshadow recently, and one of those females was long gone before those that swore their loyalty to the pack now had joined. With that in mind Namid was the only female in power they knew and came to accept. No wonder Kajika hadn't taken so well to the news of his mate stepping down. His reaction; and most likely the rest of the pack as well, made sense.

Whatever amount of guilt the tawny man may have felt in that moment, though, was soon soothed away by the words to fall from Kajika's lips next. Whether Vespertio had saw the potential in the ebony woman at the time of asking her such a huge favor, ultimately his choice in the end would come to aid the young female far more so than hinder. She was given a chance to grow, to acquire a confidence in herself that was laying dormant beneath the surface. "Thank you, Kajika. Never was my intention of asking something so huge of her meant to cause her harm in any way so if she can come out of this life experience stronger than before then the pack as a whole will benefit from it." A few thumps of Vesper's tail followed suit, flinging bits of loose snowflakes into the air surrounding his rump. "I'm glad we were given the opportunity to have this conversation." Already he could feel the weight upon his shoulders lessen a bit.

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

It had not been his intention to tell Vespertio how he felt about the rank change or Moonshadow though he did appreciate his alpha asking him how he was. It was a hard time and he had been hoping that he could ease some of the stresses for the man in front of him. He felt it was part of his job as the second but also as part of their family. The beta was well aware that he hadn't taken the rank change as gracefully as he probably should have. Still in the end he had understood why it had to happen and accepted it for what it was. He held even more respect for his alphas and Moonshadow for doing what was necessary in order to save their family and their home.

While Kajika had some reservations to Moonshadow filling in for Namid his talk with her had lessened them. He felt that while she may not fully understand what it means to be an alpha she had the ability to do what it took. He had explained to Vespertio what he saw in his student and that he did not feel asking her to take on such a big responsibility was bad for her. Just the opposite in fact, he believed it would give her more confidence and he shared that with Vespertio. Kajika smiled at Vespertio's thanks, “It's my pleasure, I hope I have been able to ease some of your fears. I know that you would never do anything to harm Moonshadow or any of us and I believe she knows that too. You did what you thought was right and I believe that it was the best option for the pack and Moonshadow because it will help her to see things about herself that she didn't before. She will be stronger for it and for the pack.” The confidence that he believed this would give her would help her in the future as she continued her life in the cove. “I am as well I think it's helped us to both feel better about recent events.”

(This post was last modified: Jan 11, 2017, 03:53 AM by Kajika.)