(See All?) Announcements
681 Users Online
Google, Bing

Wishful Thinking — The Wildwood 
Print · · Subscribe · 2 Loves ·
Played by Seria who has 45 posts.
Inactive
Kobe Moonshade
I love Treyah! She knocked Kobe off his arrogant train. Yay character development! It was so unexpected @Treyah

Kobe just stared at her. “The oldest…in the pack…” For someone who prided himself on his intelligence, he was left at a loss for words. “What?”

What the girl said next just dumped him completely into silence. He didn’t know what to say for there was nothing to say. He was anticipating the overly emotional pup to tremble in fear from the mention of the insane sibling killers lurking about. He hadn’t expected her mother to be one.

He cast a glance over his shoulder. He suddenly wanted to leave before the pup’s scary mother popped out of nowhere and dragged him away to the afterlife. The story had his fur more than a little ruffled and he had to fight to keep the fur on his neck from rising. He’d possibly never been so frightened in his life. Just the feeling alone made him feel like he’d lost his credibility. He wanted to go sulk somewhere alone under the snow and reflect on the better parts of his life. It seemed he didn’t know as much as he’d once thought. Life was scary and females it seemed could be even more terrifying.

No wonder the pup was so on edge. Her family had fallen apart. Perhaps for the first time in his life, Kobe felt bad. Not particularly for her but for showing her the stark reality that was quite possibly her future. With two old wolves as parents and no young adults to support her, the young female was looking at a dire situation. The dark male felt almost guilty for not taking her situation into account. Death came to them all but being told that it could be right around the corner would drive any wolf into their own special moment of hysteria and yet he’d been so blissful unaware to the the circumstances. Some adult he was.
He blinked, she’d asked him a question.

“What?” he said and had to repeat her question internally before he could answer. “Personally I like the freedom that comes with solitude. I can do as I like, go where I please, say what I want to whom I want. I’m not restricted by ranks, I don’t have to pretend to be polite to anyone and give respect when its demanded. Being alone is liberating or would be if it wasn’t so lonely. After all, not everyone you encounter is as friendly as me.”
~~ Do it or don't do it, you'll regret both ~~

Played by becuffin who has 309 posts.
Inactive I. Leader
Treyah Tainn
She didn't expect her admittion about her mother to cause such a fuss, "Don't worry," she tried to sooth the man some, "You'd hear her coming, she's about as big as me and all stiff when she moves, she's not so great at creeping anymore," and the girl had probably wandered to far for her mother to follow. Truth be told she probably stood just a bit taller than Naira now, even if she hadn't quite finished filling out. She listened to him talk about being a loner, a small humm in her throat as she considered.

"Our old pack used to be like that. Everyone was really laid back and nobody was too formal with anyone else... well, except my sister. Maybe that's why everyone left?" Maybe they didn't want to deal with all the posturing and rules? "I think my dad would like you. I like you so everyone should right?" Sure he was a bit mean but at least he wasn't trying to sugar coat reality for the pup. She thought to ask if he had spotted anything worth hunting in the area, then thought better of it remembering what he said earlier about food being stolen. Even if he had she doubted he'd tell her.
[Image: treyah_by_loccian_love-dc7mu4q.png]
[Image: treyberossig_by_becuffin-dc8ufez.png]
Played by Seria who has 45 posts.
Inactive
Kobe Moonshade
It was embarrassing enough to be caught worrying over something and quite another to be called out for it. Kobe puffed his chest out a bit. He was annoyed, not with the pup but for her audacious attempt to comfort him. Albeit the last tidbit about the size of her mother left him a bit miffed as well as reassured, he did need to be consoled. Especially by a girl less than half his age. He could look after his hide and knew how to run. From what the pup told him of her broken pack and neurotic parents, she was a hassle better left were she was.

He listened with a brooding expression as she continued. The lax formality of her pack puzzled him. Compared to hers, his birthpack had been extremely strict. Permission had to be requested for the most pettish things and questioning a superior was treated as a challenge. His eyes narrowed when she mentioned her father and he took a step back, unconsciously wanting to put distance between them.
She was innocent…or so she seemed but she had a way of throwing a curveball with her words.

He laughed. “I have never met someone that has liked me, save you. There is no reason for you to like me, or me to like you.”

While a part of him was actually tempted to stay largely for his own sake—traveling with others had its advantages—he also felt concern for the pup’s wellbeing. It was a strange feeling, he hadn’t thought of another wolf’s welfare since he’d left his birthpack. He’d always been so wrapped up in his own affairs. It surprised him that he thought to care.

“Your predicament is your own, child,” he said and turned from her. “Don’t think to drag me into your affairs.”

Guilt gnawed at him with every step he took away from her. His chest felt heavy and paws like lead. Something nagged at him in the back of his mind pestering him to take back his words and offer to stay. The pup needed all the help she could get. Traveling with another adult would greatly increase her chances of survival in the harsh season.

Against his better judgment, Kobe stopped and looked back at the pup. “If our paths happen to cross again I will catch something for you and travel with you. Until then stay strong. Stay alive, do not let the cold take you and freeze your blood to ice. You are too smart to be buried by winter’s snows.”

The black wolf walked off and continued on his way with a troubled heart, for even he didn’t know his destination.

-Kobe exit-
~~ Do it or don't do it, you'll regret both ~~

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A young deer has been separated from the rest of its herd. Hunt Opportunity