691 Users Online
Google, Bing

march to the sea — Larkcall Lowlands 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Arla who has 556 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Greer Archer-Lyall
@Kyna because kreer duh

The move to Whitestone was supposed to be temporary. A quick escape from the crumbling empire. It was the exit he had been waiting for after months of procrastination and waiting for the right moment. An amused expression stumbled onto his typically stoic exterior as he thought of how concerned Hecate had been once she discovered his plans on leaving. Clearly she hadn’t been too distraught, as she had found comfort in Skoll and gotten exactly what she had wanted out of the older Archer. Greer was thankful that his infatuation with the older female had been nothing more than just that—an infatuation. As far as he was concerned, the ghoulish wench was dead to him.

As his time on the monadnock lengthened Greer found himself growing more .. comfortable. Greer despised the feeling but could not muster up the courage to leave. He wasn’t even sure he wanted to leave anymore. His long legs were still able to stretch as he pursued the role of scout, which kept his wanderlust at bay. The shadow had found purpose here—something that the willows had never offered him.

The soft glow of the morning sun kissed the horizon, threatening to spill into the dark sky as the shadow streaked across the tundra. Greer debating going south, or poking around the Hearthwood borders, as he watched the clouds change from black to a soft, dove gray. He thoughts wandered to his little flame—what was she doing in the early glow of the morning? Had she managed to sleep through the night, or had sleep evaded her as well? His lips tightened, a frown forming. Thinking about her made Greer miss her—perhaps more than he should. His pace quickened, his tail swishing sharply behind him as he dismissed his thoughts and focused his mercury gaze on the trees in the distance. 

(This post was last modified: Dec 31, 2016, 02:12 PM by Greer.)
[Image: ZvqKvOV.png][Image: ah_by_a_yellow_bird-db6f40a.png]
Played by Ace who has 377 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kyna Argyris Archer

Oh, her heart did so ache.

Kyna felt as if she’d become no different than the ghosts who often haunted her mind; once she’d left the traveling group comprised of former Oak Tree Bend wolves no longer comfortable within the forest home, she’d found herself adrift on the breeze with no particular destination in mind.  For a time, it wasn’t a problem.  The redhead found no want to throw down roots in any particular place, with any particular person.  Finally, finally, she was beginning to believe @Aponi had turned over a new leaf and truly sought the family she’d claimed months back, and the woman had thrown it at all away.  And for what?  For what?

Maybe @Wren was right.  He probably was.  Hell, how she wished she could tell him, and beg his forgiveness for all this time thought thinking--  Thinking—

No, no.  If she had a kill for every wish, she’d be a very fat wolf, but no one could survive on wishes or regrets alone.  And that’s all this was, really, survival.  There was no living.  It was without her conscious effort that her wide paws set her north, carrying slowly her body towards the lowlands, toward where she’d last seen Greer, her closest friend.  But did she want to see even him?

Fate decided it for her – in the dark of night sat the shadow, as if she’d summoned him up herself. “Greer,” she murmured, a flicker instead of a roaring flame.  “How did we get here?”

Resources by freepik.com, table by Kydnt
Inactive No Rank
Greer Archer-Lyall
<3 @Kyna

The older he became the more he wanted to detach himself from his emotions. To tuck them away, out of sight. But that meant not caring about his scarlet friend. Or his kin. Some of his kin he could do without—he had already left them behind in the willows—but he was not so sure he could shut Kyna out so easily. The shadow was still quite reserved with her, despite their blossoming relationfriendship. But he was trying. Trying to open up; trying to care. He did not know why—why she was so important, why he wanted to care. He just did.

His toes crunched through the snow, mercury gaze focused on the illuminated trees before him. He did not have a plan, which was not out of the ordinary. Often Greer let his legs do the work, unless he was instructed to scout a particular area, the shadow went as he pleased. Even with his reluctance to converse with strangers Greer would try to return with something—anything—that might be of use to his sister and the silver spider.

He was content in the lowlands. Change had good for the skeleton. The move wasn’t supposed to be permanent. Greer wanted to help his sister with the transition and be there for the birth of his niece and nephew. After that, he had planned to leave. Perhaps move south again, but this time on the eastern side of the mountains, or go further north. Beyond the tundra.

But he remained. He had grown comfortable. Leaving didn’t seem so appealing anymore.

Without warning he was hit by a familiar scent. His movement ceased as she spoke, his heart soaring as his name rolled off her tongue. A frown cut across his dark features, brows narrowing slightly at her question. He did not know how to answer—so in typical Greer-fashion, he didn’t. Instead he shrugged, his ears falling flat against his skull, as he pressed his nose to her cheek.

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A lynx has left behind the remains of a deer. +5 Health
Inactive No Rank
Kyna Argyris Archer

Perhaps their positions had finally reversed.

Kyna was no longer satisfied with her position in life – no longer even understood what her purpose was, or what her intention should be.  And here Greer was, no longer a restless shadow but a satisfied sentry, with a place to belong, with wolves that cared.  Which was not to say no one cared for Kyna, because the man before her was clearly contrary to such a notion, but Sahalie too cared for the honeyed yearling.  He said nothing, needed no words, for the simple press of nose to cheek was enough to convey whatever it was the fallen princess was looking for.

A mighty shudder traveled down her spine, shaking her from tail to toes.  Without inhibition, she threw herself into his dark shoulder, fat tears rolling down her face.  The dam had broken – Kyna hadn’t even been aware there was a wall in the first place.  Small shivers turned into broken sobs, and the youth held herself against Greer for as long as she was allowed.  It was the only safe place these days, she thought sadly.  It did nothing to ease the pain in her chest.

“I missed you,” she finally whispered, voice as soft as it had ever been. “My mother--  The forest, I--  I left.”

I’m all alone.

Inactive No Rank
Greer Archer-Lyall
<3 @Kyna

At first he thought he had done something wrong by not answering. Her scarlet body trembled, causing panic to explode through his veins. Immediately his ears fell back against his skull, his features softening. Guilt chased  hungrily after the panic—white hot as it consumed him, suffocating him.

But no words came. His tongue was dry, weighing heavy in his mouth, as his friend launched herself forward. The shadow blinked, dumbfounded by the girl buried in his shoulder, even more unsure of what to say. Then game the floodgates and Greer was lost. His heart thumped frantically in his chest as he threw his chin over Kyna’s shoulder in order to pull her in closer. While he wanted to say something—anything—to comfort her, he remained silent. Although tears dripped from her eyes she appeared content with her face pressed into his dark fur. He was not content, for his thoughts were racing, trying to figure out what could be upsetting his little flame, but it did not matter. Comforting her, even with his voice barricaded behind his sharp canines, was his first priority. Always.

After a pregnant pause she spoke, voice barely above a whisper as she cut through the silence. “Missed Ky,” he murmured in response, though the words were quickly drowned out by Kyna’s voice. She… she left? His brows furrowed as he (hesitantly) pulled away, his silver gaze focused on her fiery features. “Happened?” He asked softly as he pressed his nose to her cheek once more to encourage her to confide in him. The shadow knew that Kyna’s relationship with her mother had been strained, but what had happened to the forest? Was her leaving temporary or permanent? His mind throbbed with unanswered questions but his lips remained pressed together. The Archer was in no rush for answers—he just wanted to ensure that Kyna was all right.

Inactive No Rank
Kyna Argyris Archer

At least, at the very least, Greer had missed Kyna as she had missed him.  There was something comforting in that, and in the notion that the shadow would allow her to cry as long as she needed.  There was no litany of questions.  No demand for answers.  He allowed her the moment of sadness, of grief, and the redhead slowly collected herself, eyes burning as she ran out of tears.  Even now, she did not want to look at her friend.  Oh, that question.  She really didn’t have an answer, but Greer deserved some sort of explanations, no matter what she mustered up.

“I--  Hm.  It is a long story.” Kyna closed her mouth and struggled to gather her thoughts back up.  The older wolf didn’t want to listen to her aimless babbling. “My mother decided she wanted to be the leader of Oak Tree Bend, and beat Spieden in a challenge.  Spieden is Hal’s mom, and Hal is my friend; Spieden looked terrible after.  And…  When I was small, she challenged the leader of Silent Moon Plateau.  My friend’s mother died – my mother said it was an accident, and I believed her.  But now, seeing what she did, and what happened, I think—I think my friend was right and I spent all this time believing my mother and I just…”

Kyna sighed, pressing her face back into Greer’s thick fur. “I don’t know what to think.  What to do.  Where I belong.”

Inactive No Rank
Greer Archer-Lyall
D: awful post is awful

It had taken her a moment, or two, to collect herself but he did not mind. Despite being an easily annoyed wolf he was uncharacteristically patient when it came to the little flame tucked into his fur. He would do anything for her, even if it did not align with the values of his kin. She was important—he did not know why, for he was still trying to work out the feelings that burned furiously within his chest, but he knew that much.

His forehead tightened as she began to speak, the story rolling off her tongue and filling the cold air between them. It appeared that her mother was not only power-hungry, a trait that was common among Archer’s, but desperate. His head fell to the side. But why? His jaws clenched as Kyna continued, admitting that she was no longer believed in the accident that her mother had told her about. His frown deepened as he studied her, words hesitating on the tip of his tongue as he contemplated on how to respond. There was no correct way to answer—Kyna was dealing with demons that he had not yet encountered. There was only so much comfort he could offer.

“I don’t know what to think.  What to do.  Where I belong.” The shadow whined empathetically at the flame’s words. “Ky belong where Ky want,” he offered after a brief silence, his chin resting atop her russet crown. “Blood not mean family. Ky ‘member?” He paused once more, his insides buzzing as words danced, effortlessly, off his tongue. The scarlet wolf was the only one that was capable of making him speak so much—both something he enjoyed and detested. “Ky have time. Not think yet.” Was he even helping? He could not help but frown, feeling as though his words were just taking up space.

Inactive No Rank
Kyna Argyris Archer

“I remember,” she replied softly.  She had never considered it that way before the shadow had brought up the theory, but had given it a lot of thought since.  Sahalie, for example, was most certainly her sister, even if they had no shared blood between them.    She was certainly much more of a sister than any of her own siblings had been, except maybe Lila – and that was another source of discomfort, Aponi’s other daughter.  The one she was replacing Kyna with.  The one Kyna had left behind without a word otherwise. 

Did that make her as bad as Celandine?

Probably.

“Do I have time?  It’s the middle of winter.  I should be with a pack…or something.  Right?  Sahalie went with her…other friends.  And family.  To join a pack.” Little did she know the pack Sahalie joined had no more room for others.  Little did she know her best friend and love interest were now packmates.  The world was strange, that way.  But as much as she knew that she should, she did not want to.  Did not want to be held to anyone else.  Did not want to get hurt again.

“I just…  I think I just want to go back to Riddle Heights.  Is that stupid?”

Inactive No Rank
Greer Archer-Lyall
love interest screams loudly into pillow

A frown creased his dark features as she spoke. The scarlet wolf made a good point—did she even have time? Winter showed no signs of slowing down as the snow continued to pile up. How long would the girl survive on her own, without the comfort of a pack? His nose crinkled at the mention of Sahalie. It seemed odd that Kyna did not join her espresso-coloured friend, wherever it was that she went. They were close, weren’t they? His mouth became dry at the thought, his jaw clenched. So where would his little flame go?

His heart thumped at the idea of her joining him atop the monadnock but he did not want to suggest it. While Greer desperately wanted the two of them to be together he also wanted her to do whatever would make her happy. Because that mattered more. They had said they would be together, some day, when the time was right. His mercury eyes blinked at the thought—but when would that be? As soon as the thought entered his mind he dismissed it with a soft roll of his shoulders, his frown deepening as he studied the fiery girl. “No,” he started, quietly, his sonars still flat against his skull, “not stupid.” While he wanted to join her, he couldn’t. Not yet. Whitestone was more of a home than the willows had ever been. Even though pack life was of no interest to the lanky shadow, he belonged there. For now, at least.