(See All?) Announcements
552 Users Online
Google, Bing

Flowers Entrance — Larkcall Lowlands 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Alice who has 1,273 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn
Damn it. She was onto him. How did she even know? It wasn't as though he had yelled right in her face that he didn't know how to fish. It wasn't that he hadn't tried before, because he had and that instance hadn't turned out well. At all. In fact, he had gotten into a fight- which he had won for your information. But still, it was embarrassing to admit that he couldn't fish, so he wasn't going to. And neither was he the sort who worried about getting his feet wet, like a prissy little princess. The prospect of getting wet didn't bother him at all, as long as he didn't stay in the water too long he knew he'd be fine.

Rather than acknowledge her prying words, Askan went for another angle as he watched her scoop the fish out of the water with ease.

"Guardian? How'd you know that?"

It wasn't official or anything like that, he hadn't quite earned the title, but she was right. Yet again. Was it in the way he held himself? His bulky frame? Or was she just going on a whim and making an empty guess? He wasn't sure, he just couldn't tell with her and Askan quickly decided that she was rather suspicious. Why? Was it her mismatched eyes? No. He was pretty used to that by now, after all Ade had odd eyes. Sure, at first he had thought they were a little odd but he had soon gotten over it. It was a quirk if nothing else. Was it her sing-songy way of talking? Again, probably not. Ade had a similar, pretty sort of voice. It was annoying, for sure but not anything out of the ordinary. So what then? You see that was the problem. Askan couldn't quite figure out why he didn't like her, all he knew was that he didn't.

He looked down at the water and the writhing fish beneath it's surface. Would he even like fish? He'd never eaten one before, so all he knew they'd taste like crap. With a glower, Askan copied the Witch's technique and as luck would have it he felt something scaly connect with his paw. With a flick he cast it out of the water and it flopped about on the snow before he placed a paw on its side and tore its head off. There that'd stop if from wriggling.
(This post was last modified: Jan 06, 2017, 06:47 PM by Askan.)
[Image: kana_pixel_by_marthypie-dcn3i8m.gif]
[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]
Played by who has N/A posts.
Despite the fact that he completely didn't comment on her jab about not fishing -- even if the silence itself was answer enough -- Witch was taken off guard when asked how she knew the pack wolf were a guardian. Many things could have told her this: his frame and build, his tough-looking demeanor, the way in which he'd warned her of the unfriendly wolves that could react badly towards strange singing. Perhaps her mind had connected these things for her, but as far as she knew.... 

"I jus' assumed -- you don't exactly look like a healer, though. Suppose you could also be a hunter." 

The pale-coated woman had little idea of the dislike Askan held for her,  -- she was thrilled to have any sort of company, even if it was passive aggressive. Witchhazel shot him a smile, tail thumping behind her even as he ignored the fish she'd aimed at him. Disappointed, she placed a paw in it to avoid it to flopping back into the pond with a fading smile, but nodded in congratulations as he copied her and caught his own. Now he could catch his own fish. Suddenly feeling the tension in the air, she leaned down and carefully, silently, gave it a killing bite -- stripping it bare and chewing each both carefully and without pause. Witch was no longer keen on prodding at Askan -- not because she was afraid, but because suddenly she felt as if he didnt want her here. 

"I-I'll go, if you're not comfortable with me close to your home." 

The words slipped out before she'd thought about them, but her biolored eyes were focused down on the remains of the fish as she waited. Company could always be found elsewhere.
Played by Alice who has 1,273 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Askan Selwyn
One more response from you then archive?

Askan hummed in acknowledgement. "I'm a decent hunter. Don't know a thing about plants. You'd be hard pressed to find someone better in a scrap than me though."

He ripped open the side of the fish and feasted for a moment or two, before he licked his lips clean. Her words were soft and hesitant and Askan tilted his head as he watched her. She was being careful, as a loner should, but as much as Askan wished to be respected did he really want others to be so cautious around him? Not really. He was no tyrant, he had no intention of making others bow to his will. His desires were far more reasonable and grounded. Askan took another bite out of his catch and crunched on bone as he decided what to say next.

"You're no trouble. I should be getting back soon though, they will be wondering where I've gone. I was watching the borders..." He squinted off into the direction of which he came. He'd gotten distracted hadn't he? Damn.

Not wishing to waste his fish, he scooped it up into his mouth. Not that there was all that much left to eat. He'd give it to Percy, he was sure she would appreciate the prize. She was always eager to have a snack, or something to play with. And a fish like this would suit her nicely.Turning to look at the odd coloured wolf, Askan muttered his farewell. He was as tactless as ever, but even he knew not to just walk off mid-conversation.

"Bye. Thanks for the fish. Try not to die." He muttered, his voice muffled by the fish.

With that, Askan broke off into a trot, heading back to the Field.

(This post was last modified: Jan 17, 2017, 04:57 PM by Askan.)
[Image: kana_pixel_by_marthypie-dcn3i8m.gif]
[Image: se_sig_by_becuffin-dbuushz.png]