(See All?) Announcements
446 Users Online
Google, Bing

the fire is slowly dying — Grizzly Hollow 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Becca who has 285 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Deacon
It hit him like a train. He had stayed mad at himself but now he was bound to be mad at both himself and Nineva. She told him to grow up and not give up. He didn't think he had given up, though. If he had he'd be miles and miles from here without a word to anyone. He wouldn't have bothered to talk out his issues with her if he was merely gonna give up and throw everything in her face. He didn't say anything yet. Didn't bother snapping back. Didn't even bother to gain a defensive position with her every growing aggressive one.

He rose to his paws and looked at her. "You're completely right." He tried his best to remain cool tones. "I'm taking my head out of my ass. I'm telling you all of my issues and showing you that I must be the most pathetic excuse for a friend, son, pack mate, whatever the fuck I am to anyone anymore. I'm showing you that apparently, I don't do anything better than run from my problems and stay like a child forever. Showing you that everyone here, you, are better off without me. So sorry for fucking wasting everyone's time and wasting all of your time and thinking I could be some knight and help repair broken dreams. But sorry doesn't mean shit unless you don't do something again so this is me not doing that again. I'll never be anyone in this god damn forest's problem again." He had given upon. Exposed and ripped himself open like macabre in a museum. What had he gotten? A 'grow up' and a 'take your head out of your ass'. "I'm not going to bother anyone with goodbyes because if I'm not worth your time I'm not worth their time either." That was it. Any gas he had left in him to fuel the fire had been burned up. He was tired but this officially wasn't his place to rest his head anymore. All of that was thrown to the skies like the breeze. With nowhere to go, he turned to leave the borders of Grizzly Hollow. He had no idea what to do from here but he but the bright stars would guide him. Or so he hoped.

-and dea is gone-
have you checked out my player preferences?
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 350 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Nineva Hervok
sorry nin has like 0 empathy apparently ;^;

Had she been hoping for more? It all happened so fast, and that first jackhammer strike against the concrete they had poured to keep them together had all but numbed her. Instead of truly accepting her meaning and the responsibility she had placed fully on his shoulders, he continued to react with vehement disregard for the fact that he was decimating the fragile relationship they had rebuilt. Maybe it was her fault too, but that was difficult to see.

Because what had he expected? For her to coddle him, to hold his hand and stroke his ego? It seemed that just like he hadn't given this pack a chance, he hadn't actually bothered to learn much about her, either. It almost wasn't pain that she felt, however. Because instead of impaling her heart, he just laid down more brick and mortar to hide it behind. Her parents had been right. Never trust a deserter.

The more he spoke, the more she felt confident that this was true and the less likely it was that she would have feel guilty for what would happen next. Because it was his fault, his fault, his fault. Every word was a damning choice that she would not bear onus for.

And then, just like that, he swore he would leave and he did. Turning from her without a single word further, as though she was nothing and maybe she never had been to him. Maybe that had been the real problem, that he had wanted to care about her but simply didn't.

She watched him go, until he was out of sight, and she should have been reeling at how quickly things had gone so terribly wrong but instead she was nothing but ice.

Lesson learned.