710 Users Online
Google, Bing, Baidu

Winds of Change — Spectral Woods 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Hex who has 40 posts.
Inactive III. Subordinate
Latif Itri
@Aponi

He had been this way before. Latif knew it as he stared through the frozen trees. It was different now with the snow on the ground but he had come this way before when it had been warmer. He had been warm right? The past couple of nights he couldn't get warm, maybe becaause his coat seemed to be getting thinner instead of fuller. Well at least the hunger wasn't bothering him as much anymore. It had stopped bothering him for a while now...It probably wasn't a good sign either. Latif couldn't complain though it was one less ache to worry about.

Meandering through the trees he wondered if he would be lucky today. It always seemed like when he was about to give up or want to give in he would find something. A wolf, a frozen meal. Something that would make him decide that he should keep pushing on. Of course if he would have tried a little harder to join a pack then he might not have needed to work so hard to push through. Who would accept him though? He looked starved and like he was simply waiting for death to come and take him. A small sigh pushed through his lips.

A faint scent drifted to him and he froze ears pricked. It was of wolves and not just one or two either. A pack? Maybe. Or some wolves trying to get something started. Curiosity drove him to find the source and it lead him straight to the border of what he could only assume was an established pack. There were a lot of scents of course but some seemed a lot more recent than the others. Had they lost some wolves recently? If they had then maybe they would accept somebody in his state. Of course they might just chase him away.

Hesitating Latif stood there for a moment simply staring. He knew he couldn't keep going the way he was and if he did he would likely die. With a resigned huff he tossed up his head and let out a howl asking for a leader.
Played by Ghost who has 517 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Aponi Donata
@Latif, @Serach if you want to put him in here :)

Aponi had been taking a little break from her duties and was watching @Lila playing on the ice, sliding her way across the surface a couple of times herself. The mother had been careful to take time out of her schedule to spend with the pup so she would not feel as if she had been ignored or neglected. Or at least, the silver woman hoped that the girl didn't feel ignored or neglected. Ears twitched as the sound of a howl echoed across the trees, apology on her face as she nudged the child behind the ear.

Coming upon the seen the blue eyes were quick to assess the appearance of that who had called. Bones poked through the side of his thin frame, obviously he had been a loner for some time before he had arrived on their doorstep. Raising her tail and head proudly as Aponi pushed through the foliage she was quick to speak, "Aponi Aquila, leader of Oak Tree Bend." His reason for being there was obvious enough even to one who had been leading for such a short time, but she would wait for him to say it anyways. Already the gears were turning within her mind, he looked ragged and obviously needed some kind of medical attention but if he could prove himself what was a little TLC?

(This post was last modified: Jan 06, 2017, 09:21 PM by Aponi.)
[Image: AplcUOC.png]
Latif Itri
Waiting was hard Latif decided as he stared into the pack's territory. A sudden anxiety gripped him and his ears flattened against his skull. Maybe he should run. Yet what would that change? Nothing absolutely nothing. He had just knocked on someone's door now he needed to wait and see who was going to answer his request. Shifting nervously he continued to look forward without really seeing. The only thing that finally caught his attention was the crackle of snow under the paws of what he could only assume was a leader. Quickly he let his frame drop to and his whole posture turn submissive.

The silver wolf who's posture was proud. He wondered vaguely how she saw him. Did she find him pathetic and weak? The thought was a sharp prick to his pride. He didn't need these thoughts now though. He needed to focus on the task at hand. She didn't seem to want to chase him off right away though. That was a good sign at least and it eased some of Latif's nerves.

My name is Latif Itri. Latif began before taking a deep breath. I was wondering if I could join you and your pack. I can understand if you don't want me to though. @Aponi knew nothing about him and he wouldn't blame her for denying him entrance. He hoped that she would but he felt more certain that he would be facing another night as a Loner. It wasn't something he was looking forward to but heck even he would have some doubts about letting a starved stranger enter if he led had a pack.
(This post was last modified: Jan 08, 2017, 03:36 AM by Latif.)
Inactive No Rank
Aponi Donata
@Latif

Latif at least had the manners to dip down onto his belly as soon as the leader made her appearance, something that Aponi appreciated. While the way she had rose to leadership had been full of turmoil she did relish being back on top of the pack hierarchy. Appeased with his display of submission the silver tail lowered to a more neutral position though her muzzle remained proudly in the air. This was less of a need for more grovelling and more of a personality trait on the woman's part. The woman could be called many names, described in a lot of ways, both flattering and unflattering but she had always been proud.

The corners of the woman's silver mouth twitched ever so slightly into a smile at his request, though the rest of her expression remained composed. "Latif," the tone was proud but not overly demanding as she gestured with her tail to the woods around them, "Our pack is small in size but proud all the same. The Bend has remained in these woods for almost four years which as you can imagine is no small feat." Aponi had only been with them for a year but that made her statement no less true. Serach was the only one left who had always called this place home but because of him they kept on going, they kept on thriving.

Glancing over the man's skinny stature once more the icy blue eyes glinted with something akin to pride. "We expect all of our members to pull their weight, be respectful and above all else we expect nothing short of loyalty. Tell me Latif, what can you offer Oak Tree Bend that will make you a valuable member?" Aponi fell silent then, reserving judgement until the loner had argued his case.

(This post was last modified: Jan 12, 2017, 04:15 AM by Aponi.)
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a rabbit's nest nearby. +1 Health
Latif Itri
It appeared that his display had pleased her to some extent seeing as how she had relaxed her dominant position. So that was good a good sign. She also hadn't chased him away just yet. That was also a good sign. Maybe this wouldn't go as badly as he thought it would. Yet he couldn't get rid of the nagging feeling that he was going to be turned away in the end. So even though she had relaxed her posture he kept his close to the ground and submissive.

@Aponi went on to explain that the pack that he was trying to enter had been around for some time. Four years to be exact. Latif could feel his eyes widen in surprise. She was right that wasn't something that could be said for every pack and it also said something about those that resided there. She went on to explain that they expected their members to pull their weight, be respectful, and be loyal. Yet, wasn't that something that all packs wanted from their members? No one could afford to have lazy disloyal wolves in their ranks, especially if there was more than one.

Now it was his turn to tell her what he had to offer. What could he offer them though? His eyes went to the ground and his body seemed to pull in on itself. The skills he thought that he had where obviously lacking if the state of his body said something. So what could he tell her? The truth. He would give her an honest answer and hope for the best but expect the worst.

I thought I was good at hunting and tracking but this Winter has proved me wrong. Latif spoke eyes still on the ground. I have no other skill set that I know of. However I am reliable and I do what I say I will. The last part was spoken with conviction. It was probably one of the few certain parts of his personality. With that being said if you accept me I will become whatever you feel this pack needs. If you need a Guardian I will learn to fight. A Healer and I will learn to heal. That is the only thing that I can offer you right now. He didn't know what else to say and he doubted a long speech would help either so Latif feel silent.
Inactive No Rank
Aponi Donata
@Latif

Despite the relaxing of her posture the pale man remained almost planted to the ground and if it were possible he seemed to shrink at her words. Still the surprise and curiosity in his eyes at the news of longevity in the Bend spoke of life within him that his outward appearance didn't display. Furrowing her brow at the golden eyes locked on the ground and the answer that Aponi had to applaud for his honesty. She herself was not one to beat around the mooseshit, the simplest way to say things was often the best in her own opinion.

The silver alpha mulled over his answer silently for a couple of moments. Hunting and tracking not being his strong suit, another hungry mouth to feed without much retribution but he seemed earnest and eager to learn. She supposed it was no different than when the pups had been small and unable to help them hunt and they had managed all the same then. Nodding once her mind made up Aponi moved forward to press her sides against the sides of Latif and spread her scent upon them. This would be the most obvious marker to the others that he was welcome here and not an intruder.

Stepping away once she had done so the neutral expression cracked with a smile, "Welcome to the Bend Latif." Gesturing with her tail that he should rise she turned to walk, expecting him to follow her within the markers. "If guarding is what you wish to learn then Ice is who you should seek out as he is our resident guardian. I myself know a little about herbs and healing and any member of the Bend should be able to help you with your hunting skills."  

Latif Itri
Latif waited patiently for the answer that she was sure to give unless she decided to use her fangs instead. Yet, he was starting to get the feeling that she wouldn't do that to him. His hope was starting to rise but he quickly squished it. What was the use? If she turned him away then he would feel even worse after he thought she would take him in. No he would keep his hope in check while he waited. So he kept his position the way it was, close to the ground.

With his gaze to the ground he didn't see her nod but he did see when she took a step forward. Had she decided to make him leave? Anxiety filtered through him as he clenched his eyes shut. Expecting teeth against fur he was surprised when he felt, not fangs, but her side against his. Stunned he gazed at her as went and rubbed herself against his other side. She had accepted him then? He wasn't going to be turned away? The hope that he had been keeping at bay rushed through him. He was going to survive the winter! The thought filled him with happiness and made him realize how long he had expected every long day to be his last.

Thank you. Latif said his voice filled with emotion. Then he stood to follow her as she lead the way into his new home. Aponi explained which skills he could learn and who to go to and he felt his throat tighten. He wanted to cry. It felt like he had been given a second chance here and he without a doubt that he wasn't going to waste it. What do you think this pack needs the most? Latif asked his voice a little rough from the emotion that choked him. He wanted to know so that he could work on fulfilling the promise that he had just made to her.
Inactive No Rank
Aponi Donata

Perhaps Aponi had never been in a situation so desperate, where the decision of another was what stood between her and death. When Latif thanked her with so much emotion in his voice her brows furrowed for a brief moment before smoothing.  Again she silently nodded as a response, unsure as ever how to respond to stranger's emotions when she had not be trying to manipulate them. At lease if he was this thankful to be welcomed in he would be looking to repay the debt and be loyal to them she supposed.

Leading the way through the densely misted woods she kept her pace slower than she would have if she had been alone. The Aquila had the territory memorized so well she didn't have to think about where things were even in the thickest of fogs but this wouldn't be the case for the newcomer.  A single ear flicked toward the thickness in his voice as the silver eyes peered sideways at him to take another good look at his physique. Given how thin he was a guardian wasn't his best bet, and neither was scouting.  "As of right now the only official role we have given out is Guardian and even then we could always use another set of paws around the border. However, given that we all have hungry bellies to fill it would be best if you started practicing your hunting skills."

Aponi kept moving as she spoke, leading the way to the medical den and the cache that lay near to it. Before Latif could begin practicing anything he would need some attention.

Latif Itri
OOC: Sorry for the wait

He still couldn't quite believe that he had been accepted but the fact that he was walking through the territory with his new leader made it real enough. He wouldn't be able to dream something like this up anyway. Gritting his teeth he followed along trying to stop the tears that wanted to flow down his cheeks. He didn't want to embarrass himself now by turning into a blubbering fool. So to distract himself he kept looking at the area that they were walking through trying to memorize it as they walked. He would need to learn what all lay within his new home anyway.

Latif absorbed what @Aponi said with interest. The only role that they had currently filled was that of Guardian but that she believed that a Hunter would be what the pack needed more. Latif felt a faint pang of guilt. He knew full well that with his current condition that he was going to be one of those hungry bellies to start with. He made a promise to himself that whatever he ate he would try to replace at least three times over. Once I have a chance to rest I'll start to train immediately. He promised having gotten his emotions more or less under control.

They continued to walk and the scent of plants began to fill the air and Latif's face scrunched up in confusion. Why was he smelling plants? He could also smell a potential cache sight which to his embarrassment had his stomach grumbling slightly. But still, why could he smell plants that he could only remember smelling in the summer months? He kept his confusion to himself though and simply kept following Aponi wherever she might lead him.