(See All?) Announcements
717 Users Online
Bing, Google, Viorel, Finley

got me runnin' deep in the superstition — Whitestone Monadnock 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Becca who has 47 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Mittani Morelli
For Mr. @Lorcan. Let's get this show on the road!

He hadn't been here long at all and some might have seen it as rude for him to get so greedy so quickly, but he saw nothing wrong with the issue. If he knew what he wanted why should he simply wait around till it seemed proper? The pale man cared little of what those around him thought about his actions and sudden appearance.

Not too far from the pack den on the monadnock, perhaps the most dangerous place to do this, he called out for the male who ranked above him. A challenging tone was used to give a somewhat warning to the male. Mittani lowered his head and prepared himself. His shoulders squared, head held high, and tail held out level with his back. He wanted to get straight to the point. Mittani craved power and being the lowest male right now (except for children) was in no way a position of power.

His pale eyes stayed focused on the area around him. Head occasionally swiveled to see if his company was here yet. For now, it was a waiting game that he truly didn't have much patience for. The quicker he arrived the quicker the two wolves could see who was more worthy of being a higher rank.

Played by Jacqueline who has 783 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva
Define your meaning of war
The words circling in my brain, You can treat this like another all the same
One of us is going down, I'm not running, It's a little different now

A howl rang out atop the monadnock. Calling for him.

Russet ears perked up immediately at the challenging tones which were laced like venom within the unfamiliar voice. The dark fur along the smooth curve of his spine bristled and the bridge along his muzzle wrinkled as the agouti male quickly gathered his paws up from underneath him and shifted up from his spot at the edge of the plateau to stand. Lorcan had no idea why he had been summoned, or by who, but he was going to find out.

Quickly he traipsed across the great expanse of the monadnock, moving in on the area where the howl had sounded from. As he neared the main den, his golden eyes searched the area for any sign of his fellow pack mates and it was only after a few more tentative steps that his gaze came to settle on Mittani. Instinctively he began to approach with his tail held neutrally, swaying calmly. However, the second he noticed the squared stance of the white-coated male and the way his tail curled up obnoxiously above his spine, Lorcan knew this was no casual meeting.

Russet ears perked forwards and his fur bristled as he eyed the new member up and down. "What is this about?" He asked, trying his best to sound calm, though the anxiety was obvious in his voice. The answer was painfully apparent however, as the male continued to stand in a stance which silently challenged his authority, his rank. Shifting nervously, Lorcan moved to mirror Mittani's defensive stance, readying himself, as his black-tipped tail curled up dominantly behind him.
(This post was last modified: Jan 07, 2017, 06:08 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
sometimes, two people have to fall apart to realise
how much they need to fall back together
Inactive No Rank
Mittani Morelli
Pack members are welcomed to watch but me and @Lorcan have permission to skip if you're watching!

Ah there he was. Questioning the obvious.

"What is this about?"

Mittani wanted to laugh at him, poke fun at him, harass him. He maintained his blank face, though. Pale golden eyes stared dead into the eyes of Lorcan. "I think we both know what this is about." His tones smooth and not yet harsh. "But since you have decided to ask I shall be as polite as possible with this." The pale man held his stance and his tail begged to raise a bit higher as his hackles gently raised. "The name is Mittani. I know I'm rather new here so you have every right to find this disgutingly rude of me but, I need your rank. I'm an old friend of Craw's and I plan to serve him the best I possibly can and need to be seen as a strong, respectable man." He paused to see how the younger male was soaking all of this in.

Without skipping a beat he proceeded onwards in his little speech. "All of that being said, I'll happily talk something out with you. I trust any man who works for or with Craw is a fairly respectable creature. But if you don't wish to talk out this situation I have no issue using force." His voice was still cool and even. This was certainly not his first time. Maybe here it was, but not elsewhere. "The choice is yours."

Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva

Their golden eyes met and they locked.

That was a challenge in itself.

Then the male's smooth reply reached his ears. Mocking him. A low growl threatened to rumble in the deep depths of his throat, but Lorcan held his nerve for the moment and remained silent, even as his pale skin began to prickle with disgust.

Lorcan listened carefully, silently to the older male, allowing him to say his piece. Allow him to explain in detail the reasoning behind such a sudden challenge. Mittani had been a member of Whitestone for barely a week. Lorcan, much to his own disappointment, had yet to properly introduce himself to Craw's old comrade. Though now he didn't feel so bad anymore. This man was an asshole and suddenly, Askan didn't seem so bad.

Strong? Respectable?!

Lorcan couldn't hold back the scoff.

Strong maybe, but this challenge was in no way respectable. Not in Lorcan's eyes. Lorcan had worked hard for Whitestone, for @Craw, and now this stranger thought he somehow deserved a leg up. His legs quivered then, unable to hide his contempt for the male as he finally ran out of words to belittle him with.

"I don't know what kind of pack you have come from, Sir—" Lorcan was never one to forget his manners. "But around here, the best way to gain respect is to earn it." His voice had started shaky, unaccustomed to the heat of confrontation, but his statement finished with a growl. Stepping forwards, the subordinate bared his teeth to the male and in that instant it was clear that this challenge was not going to be resolved through conversation alone.  "Work, gain a role, provide for the pack, just like I have been doing from the first day I stepped foot on this monadnock." He growled, tail thrashing threateningly through the air behind him.

"If you want my rank you're going to have to fight for it." Lorcan hissed before his salmon pink tongue swept nervously across his lips. He knew he wasn't the most skilled fighter, but he couldn't allow for Mittani just walk in claim a title he didn't deserve.
(This post was last modified: Jan 06, 2017, 11:21 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
Inactive No Rank
Mittani Morelli

At @Lorcan's scoff, Mittani merely brushed it off. He said he was going to try his best to be polite about this but obviously it wasn't going to go that way. He snarled at the last words of the male before him. "You know, the Mittani didn't wanna do this but you made him. It was your choice." His words sick in every way imaginable. "But don't talk to me about respect. I had your leader's respect before this place was even a thought." He hissed his final words as his body went to lunge for the man. Mittani had no time to waste.

He positioned himself to grab the man's right shoulder with his teeth but missed. Off to a bad start already, he couldn't risk keeping up a losing streak. What a fool he would look like if everyone thought he was all bark and no bite. Mittani stood off to the side of Lorcan and squared himself again. He wanted to play dirty so badly but he knew that wasn't exactly lawful. Besides, what would Craw think if one of his members met the same fate he almost had? With a loud snarl his head lowered to level out with his back. A solid signal he was ready to hit or be hit.

Notes: Aimed to bite the right shoulder but missed
Standing off to the side of Lorcan, facing him in a defenssive positon
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a family of deer nearby. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva

Lorcan didn't have a chance to spit back a retaliation. Mittani's honeyed voice melted into a serpentine hiss seconds before he lunged forwards. Caught a little by surprise a yelp erupted from the agouti male's jaws as his golden eyes caught the white blur with fangs diving towards him. Lorcan's muscles tensed as he instinctively readied himself to move and his head tucked low to shield the delicate flesh of his throat. As Mittani's neck twisted around in attempt to clamp his jaws around Lorcan's right shoulder, Lorcan dipped down low and swerved sharply to the left to evade the attack.

Russet ears snapped up as he caught the sound of fangs colliding as Mittani's jaws locked together on nothing but crisp air. Rising back up into his defensive posture with his limbs squared and head held low, Lorcan's head swerved around in search of his opponent. Spotting Mittani at ninety-degrees to the right of him, the younger male's forepaws crossed each other as he rotated his body around to face the white-furred male head on before re-adopting the same defensive posture.

Charcoal lips peeled back to bare a set of pearly-white fangs as he eyed the male, muscles twitching as he prepared to attempt an attack of his own. Mittani's devilish snarl spurred him on and Lorcan lunged forwards with his jaws parted wide and swiftly clamped down on Mittani's thick neck, inches above his right shoulder. Jaws held a vice like grip around the clump of thick winter fur that he had grabbed onto, refusing to let go until his challenger submitted.

The attack was a HIT!
Lorcan grabbed his neck just above the right shoulder. He hasn't let go.
(This post was last modified: Jan 09, 2017, 07:55 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
Inactive No Rank
Mittani Morelli
Mature language. Also, probably a good time for @Craw to swing in.
THE MITTANI
Juliet loves the beat and the lust it commands
Drop the dagger and lather the blood on your hands, Romeo

There was a harsh pain and it fueled the fire within the pale coated man. His neck seared with pain but he refused to yelp. Merely barked and growled. He was not some groveling whelp. He would hold his own dammit.

He tried to swing his head to bite at Lorcan's leg. The grip on his neck too powerful though and suddenly he felt cursed. That maybe for once his ego had failed him. But could he show that? No fucking way. He hurt though and the cold air seeping into his open wound was awful. It mixed with the hot breath of Lorcan and there was just something so unsettling about it. Was this a sign his age was starting to show? He had always been so harsh and limber with his moves.

Morelli had to remind himself that he knew this was rude (perhaps even stupid) to attack so soon. No one had pushed him into this mess. He had made it himself and it was showing. While he never liked having to pay for his mistakes that was just what he'd do today.

"speech"

Snapped at @Lorcan's leg, obvi missed
Inactive No Rank
Lorcán Artemieva

The bark and growls which erupted from Mittani's throat as Lorcan locked his jaws around the thick fur of his scruff encouraged the agouti male to hold his grasp. Perhaps if he just held his nerve and maintained a firm hold on the older male, Mittani would realise his mistake and be forced to submit. Mittani had other plans though and continued to struggle and wrestle beneath his hold. No sooner had Lorcan shifted his limbs to plant his paws more firmly on the frost-laden stone beneath them, did the white male swing his head around to lunge again, this time for Lorcan's front right leg.

Growling through his clenched jaws, Lorcan's rear end shifted quickly to the left to avoid the attack and his forepaws followed around so that he now moved his whole body around, whilst still keeping a hold on Mittani's scruff, to position himself almost behind the male. Then, the agouti male braced himself and quickly pulled on the white male's scruff with all the force he could manage. It was enough to topple Mittani over and force him onto his back. Black tipped tail raised high above the arch of his spine as Lorcan crouched down low, in attempt to keep his hold on the male's scruff to hold him down on the ground until he curled his tail under and whined in submission. The growl which thundered in his chest signalled that Lorcan would not let go until he did so.

@Craw next?
The attack was a HIT!
He's pulled backwards to topple Mittani over onto his back
(This post was last modified: Jan 09, 2017, 07:55 PM by Lorcan.)
# P O R C A N
Played by Siki who has 497 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Craw
He wasn't really surprised, but that didn't make it okay.

Halfway down the goat track in the middle of some other errand, the prospect of what Mittani was doing drove the spider to such great distraction that he was forced to completely abandon it. Loping back up towards the rise of the monadnock, his head was full of the worst case scenario; the poet was hardly a restrained man, and had no attachment to anyone other than Craw himself, and even that was tenuous at best. Mittani Morelli was not a wolf to be shackled or looked down on, a dangerous friend and a nightmarish enemy, and the thought of him calling for Lorcan... his blood flushed with cold anger, a frustration that his nice little neat world had changed so much over the winter and was due to change still, and then Mittani had arrived with all of his game-changing news and for the first time in a long while Craw felt like he was struggling to keep on top of it all.

First things first. There was nothing he hadn't yet been able to solve by listing things in priority-order and then dealing with them systematically.

The fur rose all down his spine as he heard their squabbling before he saw it, not that it took long to spot them in the clear flat space of the territory. Tail rising to curl over his rump, he let a warning bark of his own sound out as he trotted towards them, at least pleased to see that Lorcan was holding his own. Perhaps Mittani was just testing the grounds. He was certainly testing his luck.

"Enough," he snarled, coming to snap at the air close to their wrestling, intending to distract them from their conflict - at least for a moment. It'd be all he needed.

Rank shuffles and dominance conflicts were all well and good, but Craw knew Mittani, knew what he was capable of, knew what his priorities were - and perhaps that was worse than if the man had been a stranger and this had come completely out of the blue.

He couldn't shake the feeling that the Morelli's arrival had heralded a crashing of two rather different worlds, one he had failed to anticipate.
[Image: wm_by_euphoriclies-da4medx.png]