(See All?) Announcements
786 Users Online
Bing

no surrender, no retreat — Swift River 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Rachel who has 545 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Ruiko Tainn
The days were shorter. Ruiko was reminded of this as his paws moved across Swift River lands during the early evening when the sun had begun to set. The tawny behemoth longed for the summer days again, when day would grace the land for longer and the nights were not as cool. The wind that swept in from the north was crisp with winter promise, and a low rumble of annoyance surpassed the male’s lips that were firmly clenched around the feathers of a pheasant.

A successful lone hunt was rare, and Ruiko was glad he had luck on his side that evening. The bird was for the children and Corinna; the four mouths he had initially returned to Swift River to feed. Now, with the pack flourishing so greatly, the tawny male knew it would soon be time for him to gather Kinis and Volkan to leave.. for if they stayed much longer, they would be here until the snows melted in the spring, if not longer. Weaving his way through the dry autumn foliage of the river land, Ruiko Tainn was on his way to the den site, eager to drop off his hunt to the children before seeking out Kinis for the night. The two had much to discuss.
Played by Switch who has 960 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
<blockquote>There was a pound in the back of his head he was trying to ignore, but the cold air was not helping. It seemed to pound with the beat of his heart, and he tried to ignore it. He had missed a nice ground squirrel, and collided with a rock instead. It rang his bell pretty good, he had wanted to venture after the prey, but the world had spun before him, killing the idea before it started. So empty handed, and a little dishearted he had traced along one of his familiar paths, deciding to head back to his own den where he might catch up on some sleep.

The ache in his head caused his concentration to the task of walking, and navigating home he didn't much think about the scent of Ruiko. His brother often came, and went. The yearling assumed it was not a fresh trail, the cold air nipping at his nose giving him little want to see. When he stopped the sun seeming to want to hide quickly behind the Mountain of Dire, he decided either he ran into Ruiko or he didn't. Just when he thought he would not, his eyes caught glimpse of his tawny rump. Triell let out a soft woof, hoping to catch his attention.</blockquote>
[Image: triellpix_by_euphoriclies-d98abbc.png]
are you with me through it all?
[Image: cad_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amr.png]
Inactive Deceased
Ruiko Tainn
His creamy paws weaved without much thought to the direction of the den, for they had carried him there many times before. Still, even if every nook and cranny of the River territory was memorized by the regal male, it no longer felt like home. Nowhere did. With his eyes on the path before him, a gentle woof stirred his thoughts from him, causing the regal Tainn’s gaze to scan back while his ears twisted uncertainly upon the crown of his head.

Catching sight of his dark brother, Ruiko’s tail gave a light shift in the cool air in a wag, noting his contentment to seeing his little brother. “Ey,” he grunted back, his words slurred by the bird that hung from his jaws. Leaning down to gingerly drop the pheasant to the ground, Ruiko slowed his pace to a stop, waiting for Triell to catch up to him.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
<blockquote>The yearling's own tail swayed behind him, and he quickly padded up to where Ruiko had stopped. Pink tongue hanging out, he glimsped the tawny, and silver mask of his brother, trying hard to detect Rue's mood. Then he noticed the bird on the ground. <b>"I'm not holding you up 'em I?"</b> With mouth closed he pointed to the kill with his muzzle.

He had a guess it was going back to the den to feed the pups or Cori. By Ruiko's shape Triell knew he did eat, but he had yet to witness it. This brief thought was replaced with the fact he was glad to see him. If anything he knew Ruiko would not stick around forever, so he was trying to enjoy the fact he, Kinis, and Volkan were still here. Black tail stirred once more at his hocks, and he grinned in spite of how much the idea of them going would suck.</blockquote>
Inactive Deceased
Ruiko Tainn
Ruiko’s gaze followed his younger brother’s point to the bird, his muzzle giving a silent shake in return. No, the bird surely was not going anywhere, and instead his eyes lifted to Triell once more, noting how large the boy had grown. It didn’t surprise the male that the ebony wolf was the largest of his siblings – Ruiko had always suspected as much would happen, but he wasn’t so sure Triell was the most dominant. Borlla would have had a few things to say about that.

“How are you?” The question was genuine – Ruiko had not spent much time with his siblings on his return. Instead his time had been focused scouting the lands and hunting, trying to make good on his promise of aiding Corinna and the pups. Rare stolen moments such as this were enjoyable to him, and while he might have been tainted in the eyes of his younger siblings, he still would not have changed any of the decisions he had made in the past. He could not play the role of subordinate beneath Indru or Marsh for much longer.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
<blockquote>Chin came up just slightly, a little surprised it could wait. But it wasn't like the bird was going to walk off any time soon. <b>"Okay,"</b> he said, relieved his brother didn't have to take off. Triell did have some questions for him, or one. <i>When are you going?</i> He didn't want to talk about it right now, though it would hang in the back of his mind. He knew it was unlikely they'd leave Relic Lore, but it would be quiet around Swift River without them.

<b>"I'm...alright,"</b> he finally decided, giving a gentle wag of his tail to prove for the most part he was. His head wasn't pounding as fast, and he wasn't really hungry just mostly tired. <b>"What about you Rue?"</b> Bright eyes briefly met those of his brother's hoping he was fairing well. He was sure it was hard, with Indru and Marsh above him. If anything he admired how Ruiko held himself, and one day hoped to have such composure. He affecionately nosed under his brother's chin, then reclined to his rump waiting for his answer.</blockquote>
Inactive Deceased
Ruiko Tainn
Triell’s words were quite unconvincing, and despite the wag of his tail, the regal male watched his younger brother for a moment longer, wondering if the ebony male would confess what he truly felt. It seemed unlikely.. the Tainn’s were never one for bleeding hearts. The question was directed back to him, and Ruiko lifted his golden shoulders in a light shrug.

“Fine,” he offered, knowing if he were to give Triell the truth of his restlessness that the younger wolf would take it personally or offensively. “Keeping busy. Those three puppies sure eat a lot.” There was a silent pause between the two brothers – both knew the unspoken question. The unspoken answer. Triell had known his stay would be only temporary, but was he more upset that he was leaving, or that he was taking Kinis and Volkan with him? In turn to the dark male's nudge, Ruiko cast a gentle nip to Triell's cheek in return, his tail giving a casual yet content wag behind him.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
<blockquote>There was a lot happening between the lines, but he rather not try to break out the silent thoughts, not yet. He was in a good mood all things considered, and if Ruiko was to leave tomorrow he wanted things to be good between them. The last thing he wanted to do was have his young tongue say something to regret like he had done to Indru. Anything he wanted to keep the short conversation with answers that were easy. Slowly if careful, they could pull what really needed to be said out of the shadows, and into the light. And so he was not surprised by his brother's short remark.

<b>"They do, I don't know how you, and Indru fed Kinis, Borlla, and me let alone yourselves,"</b> he beamed, a tone of admiration in his deep voice. He accepted his brother's nip, feeling comfort in the familiar exchange of affection as it reminded him how lucky he was. He had learned that both his brother's had sacrificed a lot for his, and his littermates well being.

He was momentarily still, just feeling the question burning on his tongue. He took a steady breath, and with a serious tone finally asked. <b>"Rue, you'll tell me when your going to leave, right?"</b></blockquote>
Inactive Deceased
Ruiko Tainn
Triell’s warm reply stirred a small smirk to form upon the male’s lips as he pulled his muzzle back, bright eyes gleaming over his brother who had grown just as large as he and Indru. The days of looking after his younger siblings were over now, but it still seemed like just yesterday when the three had been running around their ankles, nipping at them for food and attention. “Indru coordinated us well,” he told his ebony brother, giving credit where it was due. Indru had taken the head of the family at the time, and it was his littermate’s capability that the pups had all grown to their full potential; while Ruiko knew he or Niija could have done the same, the truth was they hadn’t. Indru had.

Triell’s next question brought a light blink to the eyes of the male, who cast a miffed glance to the male. A wave of guilt washed over him from the first time he had left; while he had called out to his family as a goodbye, his notice had been so short that no one had been able to make it to the border to see he or Ranger off. “I promise,” he murmured, his muzzle canting slightly as he felt a weight settle upon his shoulders. “It will likely be soon, Triell. Swift River is doing fine now.”
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
<blockquote>Black mask grew still, and he dipped his head while saying, <b>"That he did."</b> There was no doubt Indru had a knack for keeping "it" together whether it was family, pack, or his own emotions. Triell had realized beneath the cool exterior Indy wasn't perfect, but he still had a great control putitng himself aside for the greater good at times. Something Triell thought came with age, and pratice, because Ruiko had showed the same to him. It seemed out of his own grasp to be able to rise above what he felt, but it was by their example he hoped to be as good as them.

The slight change upon his brother's face made a brow quirk. His lips drew to apoligize, worried he had upset Rue by the question, instead there was something in the golden depths of his brother's eyes that had him quiet. What he believed was finally put to real truth. Triell swallowed, neither simle nor frown upon his face as a rushed sigh was first to come. <b>"I thought as much, but was slightly hoping it wouldn't be till spring,"</b> came his honest reply and slight smirk for how foolish the thought was. It was really just a hopeful wish he knew had no chance of coming true. Ruiko couldn't stay in Swift River because it was convient for Triell not to have anyone to miss. No he understood, his brother wanted his own pack, maybe his own mate, and pups. <b>"But, I cant blame you for wanting to go sooner. I was just..."</b> he caught his breath. How to explain it? <b>"..thinking about going with you,"</b> he finally admitted.</blockquote>
(This post was last modified: Dec 06, 2011, 05:39 PM by Triell.)