(See All?) Announcements
494 Users Online
Khalon, Flair, Google, Bing

I wanna know how you got those scars — Fallen Tree Cove 
Print · · Subscribe · 2 Loves ·
Played by Flywolf33 who has 378 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall
Sorry I didn't get to this sooner! We were at a car show and I was on mobile so I didn't want to post.

Word Count: 245

If Tagg had been worried about Moonshadow’s ability to keep up, he wasn’t anymore.  At the sight of her bounding about like a puppy, he couldn’t help the full-out laugh that bubbled from his throat.  He wagged his tail and jumped about with her for a moment, surprised at how easy it was to let the years of hardship fall away and simply have fun again.  It wasn’t long before she stopped and began intently smelling the ground, though.

“I don’t know.  I’ve only ever smelled it once, but I never found what it belonged to.” He said, voice low as he joined her search, head swinging back and forth to cover more ground with his one eye.  He sighted a small hole nestled between the roots of a tree and investigated, only to leap back in alarm when a creature he’d never seen before scuttled out, large teeth bared and emitting squeaks of aggression. “What is that?” Tagg exclaimed, sniffing at it but being careful not to get close enough to get bit.  “It sort of looks like a beaver, but not really.”

He looked over at Moon briefly before returning his gaze to this new animal.  It smelled like it could be food, but he wasn’t sure he wanted to face those teeth.  He’d seen wolves go up against beavers before and come out worse for wear. This creature was definitely not one of the river-blocking rodents, but still.  It was strange indeed.

"Speech"  Thought

[Image: magg_sig_by_becuffin-daxiy8t.png]
[Image: 100ksig_by_a_yellow_bird-db3e1g4.png]
l
Played by Grae who has 893 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

OOC! No worries! My fiancé and I had gone to the duck pond so its all good :)

She was overjoyed when he bounded and jumped around with her. It made her feel even more comfortable around him, like she could be herself around him. The ebony female would have been completely content on bounding the day away but this would not be the case. A strange scent filled her nose causing her to abandon her child like behavior. Intrigued she searched her mind for a name to the scent but found nothing. Her next move in asking Tagg came up with nothing as well for he stated that he had only ever caught the scent once but never found the source. So she stuck her nose to the ground and searched for the mammal. Her russet hero found the animal first.

She spotted the hole he was nearing and went around the opposite side of it when a white furry animal emerged barring its teeth. It caused her companion to jump back in surprise and ask the question that she had asked him. She had no idea what it was but since the animal was unaware of her presence she did not answer him. Instead she lowered herself to the ground and crawled as close as she could to the angry little thing. If she could get close enough to it without it realizing there were two wolves on its doorstep then she could grab it. Coming within inches of the marmot she readied herself for the kill. She moved swiftly grabbing it right behind its head with her jaws. It screetched and wound itself around her muzzle clawing to get free. She gave her mouth a good clamp and shook her head vigorously until it quit fighting. Dropping the kill she looked back at Tagg and gave him a smile. "I dunno what that was. Almost looked like a weasel but didnt taste like one. Didnt taste bad though" she laughed. There had been weasels in her homeland but this didnt exactly look like one. Maybe someone in the pack would know what it was.

[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall
Maybe we should wrap this up in another post or two and start another thread more current? Tagg can teach her that pounce :)

Word Count: 215

Tagg twitched back as the marmot – though he didn’t know that’s what it was called – lashed out at him.  He glanced up at Moon and saw her sneaking up on the creature, which he assumed is why she didn’t grace his question with an answer.  Moving quick as lightning, she killed the creature before it even realized she was there.  Tagg stood straight and grinned at her.  “Nice kill!” He said warmly.

The scarred wolf glanced around; the day was getting on.  Time had flown by, though he’d hardly noticed it in Moon’s presence.  “Maybe we should eat this and head back?” He suggested, though he was loathe to do so. He could spend the entire day out hunting with the energetic woman and not notice when night fell.  “Though I would love to do another hunt with you soon.” He smiled.

Stretching, Tagg sniffed the air to make sure they were alone before they settled down to eat their kill.  He didn’t want a scavenger to sneak up on them and try to steal the food away from the hunters.  Tagg was confident in their ability to fight off anything that came calling, but it would still be bothersome, and it would be a shame to ruin such a perfect morning with a fight.

"Speech"  Thought

(This post was last modified: Jan 16, 2017, 02:53 PM by Tagg.)
l
Played by Grae who has 893 posts.
Sanguine Cove IV. Elder
Moonshadow Eastfall

OOC! Sounds good! You wanna fade with your next post? :)

Her smile widened and her silver dusted tail swayed behind her at his praise. "Thanks" she replied chirpily. The young female was proud of how she executed that without being detected. She licked the blood from her lips missing him looking around at the time of day. Only when suggested they eat their kill and head back did she notice that it was a lot later. Time flies when your havin' fun. "Good idea. Its gettin' a bit late" she agreed with him. He continued to say how he'd love another hunt with her soon. She beamed and then quickly toned it down from embarrassment. She was glad that he wanted to see her again because she wanted to see him again too. "I'd love that! Maybe show me that pounce?" She questioned playfully, she honestly did want to learn how to do that. She nuzzled the marmot towards him allowing him to have first bite just as he did her with the rabbit. After he took his bite Moon reached down with her dark muzzle and took a mouthful of the warm flesh. The taste was remarkably yummy warranting a pleased thump of her tail. She would have to go and ask @Kajika if he knew what this weasel like creature was called. Surely the aspiring teacher would know.

The duo finished the meal with a couple more bites each. The silence from eating was broken by the dark woman "Ready?" She asked while getting up and stretching her limbs. Moonshadow gave her rusty companion a warm smile as he replied and allowed him to lead the way. With her belly full now the ebony she-wolf would be less inclined to do so much bouncing around but fully intended to keep things light and fun. With that the duo headed back to the cove

-Exit-

[Image: ftc_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amo.png][Image: moonshadowtagg_sig_by_becuffin-daxixpd.png]
Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall
OOC comments here!

Word Count: 183

Tagg gratefully accepted the first bite, not bothering to argue since she had been polite enough not to argue with his offer at the rabbit.  He smirked playfully at her.  “Anytime you want to learn, just ask.” He chuffed.  “I have a feeling you’ll be good at it.”

The strange creature tasted interesting, but not bad, and it was finished quickly.  “Ready.” He confirmed when she asked, standing and stretching.  Both laden with food, the pair return much more subdued than when they’d left, though each was taking more than a fresh meal back with them.

Tagg wondered at the feeling resting in his chest.  It was something he hadn’t felt before, not since his family, and even then, it had been… different.  Less warm, less light.  He had to admit it was a pleasant feeling.  When they returned, Tagg thanked Moon for the hunt and set off in search of Cernan.  Even as he did so, his thoughts lingered on Moon’s warm scent and playful banter and he found himself already looking forward to the next time he would see her.

FADE

"Speech"  [color=#33ccff]Thought

l