(See All?) Announcements
684 Users Online
Google, Bing, Hazelnut, Flair

All hail the magpie! — Willow Ridge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Vami who has 1,026 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
For "@Enoki" Back dated to the beginning of the year when Elettra dropped down from a missed check.

It was of no surprise to anyone that the pack was taking the death of Adele Archer hard, especially it's leaders.... And why not? She was their sister after all and nearly like a twin was to Nicolo. Everything had seemed to have gone down hill the very moment Elettra and Anger had lost their baby girl. Disappearances, deaths, betrayals, anarchy.... It would be no shock to Elettra if the great pack of Willow Ridge died with her which seemed like a closer and closer prospect. It was getting harder and harder to move her back leg where she had injured herself the prior year and even walking the boarders had become more of a nuisance then the woman cared to admit. Elettra was saddened. Sad with her aging, sad that her pack was dwindling and sad that missed so much of her family. With Nicolo stepping down in order to grieve in peace, Elettra had decided to take this opportunity to allow herself a moment of peace before death swallowed her whole. Everyone knew she was both the matriarch of this family and this pack, this was of no doubt, so why not allow someone else to take the reigns and follow in her footsteps properly, with her blessing? Elettra hoped that the change in leadership would go more smoothly then it had with her daughter. No one ever before had questioned Enoki's integrity so when Elettra called out for the woman she called out to her in confidence that she was making the right choice. After all, Enoki had been a part of the pack for years. Had kept all her promises to it and had worked hard for it. She was one of Elettra's greatest friends and one of the very few which still remained in her life where others were dead or she had not seen in years to know I'd they were dead or alive. There was no question that Enoki would take care of this pack and hopefully Elettra would live long enough to be sure of it. A deep sigh took her, one of almost relief as she waited along the eastern edges of their territory at the foothills of the mountains. The sun god offering a bright, cloudless morning as hopefully a sign of good things to come. 
(This post was last modified: Jan 15, 2017, 08:24 PM by Elettra.)
Played by AshBash who has 476 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Enoki Archer
A constant cloud of sadness had clung firmly to the Ridge pack like glue it seemed for months now, the darkness it released suffocating although within good reason. The fallen Adele Archer was a beloved member of the pack, a sister and to Enoki a very dear friend and fellow hunter who would sorely be missed. Despite the gloom that hung above their heads, the piebald female had refused to let it keep a grip on her for long. A proper period of grieving was had in private much like her fellow pack mates had or were doing still to this day, but now according to the Ashrelle it was time to pick herself up. Regardless of the tragic loss there were still responsibilities that needed to be met. Willow Ridge needed to rise again. 

Ebony limbs weaved about the smooth barked timbers after returning from a successful hunt in Hush Meadow, a freshly caught hare dangling lifelessly between clamped jaws intended to end up in one of the various caches for a fellow member in grievance to enjoy. A front paw had just started to unearth the top layer of snow of a said cache when the beckoning call of Elettra rang clear and confidently on the morning air, specifically calling her out by name. An ebony ear pivoted sideways then returned to a forward position as the magpie listened, wasting no time to answer the call of her dark queen. Hare still lodged between her jaws it had now became a small gift for the regal Archer, quick feet crossing over the expanse of territory until the eastern boarders along the mountainous foothills began to grow near and an unmistakable silhouette stood out starkly against the snowy backdrop.

Gradually Enoki's pace slowed to a brisk walk then an easy stride, body habitually adopting a submissive posture now that she was in the present of a wolf higher in rank than herself. Finally reaching Elettra the hare was placed gingerly at her paws, a small nudge from her marred snout bringing the captured quarry closer to the dark lady. "Morning, Elettra." She greeted warmly with an equally warm smile, ivory dipped tail swaying contently at her heels. 
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A young deer has been separated from the rest of its herd. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
She could see the woman out there in the distance, coming out from the deep parts of their territory on the spare woodland of various shrubs, brush and Willow trees. She was of darkness and light, patched in a manner that made the younger woman hard to miss and within her jaws hung a plump and furry creature which became more clear as a hare as she drew closer and settled it at her feet. Enoki was known well as a great huntress in the pack and even in the dead of winter did not leave an ounce of disappointment. A smirk pressed the Matriarchs features as she lifted onto all fours, dipping her muzzle to the woman in polite gesture and as quickly so, lowered her head and ears down before her. "Morning, my lead." She speaks and as she does so, silver eyes dance, narrowing on the woman with a certain mischief as though to both surprise Enoki and gauge the woman's initial reaction to the thought of leadership. It was about time, after all, not to far from now Enoki may not be young herself and she was deserving of children to love before the option was not there. 
Inactive No Rank
Enoki Archer
There was no mistaking the momentary flash of confusion that washed upon the magpie's facial features as amber gaze intently watched the dark queen uphold a submissive stance, the words that fell from equally dark lips further fueling the confusion etched upon Enoki's face. My lead? Had old age finally gotten a solid grip on the regal Archer and made her forget who she was? Nonetheless the piebald woman decided to play along, allowing herself to fill the mold of matriarch. Her shoulders rose a little taller, head a little higher. A feeling that felt so foreign to the woman whom spent years contently serving below the woman before her.

"It's quite a lovely morning, but I do doubt you called me here for simple, idle chit-chat. You forget I know you better than that after all these years." A smirk of her own beginning to play its way onto the inky lining of the two-toned woman's lips after a light chuckle fell from them, haunches lowering to take a comfortable seated position in the powdery snow while a brow rose curiously to await the reasoning for the great Archer woman beckoning Enoki. What could Elettra Archer possibly be up to? 
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
The confusion on the woman's face was priceless to the Archer woman, whose smirk only grew larger as she fully took in the expression which Enoki held. After a moment, she decided to accept the role, playing along to Elettra's game by lifting herself up a bit higher, holding herself stronger. Elettra had no problem with it. After all, everyone would know that Elettra bowed to none. Even when Elettra had been a member of Grizzly Hollow she had a hard time placing herself lower then anyone else within the ranks savor Jaysyek herself. She challenged others within the ranks which left her at a higher dominant stance then most and even butt heads with the male lead within the ranks. It was her love and respect for Jaysyek which kept Elettra below her, which Elettra had no doubt was the same case for Enoki. Now, though Elettra would not fall before Enoki ever, certainly there would be an understanding between their differences in power from Leader to family Matriarch. 

"Ah, you've got me." Elettra's small chuckle followed Enoki's own. "I've no doubt I'm known as a woman of more action then word." She spoke this to her friend as she came to sit down on the snowy ground with her. Elettra's silvery eyes lifted, looking over the clear, open sky, feeling the crisp air. Soon it would be over. Soon all this hell that Willow Ridge was going through would be over. For each death, a life reborn. For each sacrifice, a change at a new chapter for the Ridge. "I want you to take Willow Ridge, Enoki." She finally spoke then, turning her attention from the heavens and onto her friend before her. Perhaps she would question it, perhaps she would not. Although Enoki had never been the type of woman to question Elettra's judgement. There was obvious reasons for Elettra stepping down, including her injury, the death of much of her family, the loss of her mate... Things which Elettra felt no reason to speak aloud more then she had to. 
Inactive No Rank
Enoki Archer
Enoki Ashrelle

"You can't fool me, El, but you're definitely more of an action woman than a word woman. That's something I've always admired about you." The genuine words flowing off the magpie's tongue shortly after her dear friend commented, her smoldering amber gaze moving about to follow the silvered hue of Elettra's upward to a vast empty sky. Enoki took a single deep inhale of the crisp air surrounding them, enjoying the small break in the dreary weather as the rays of unbridled sunlight warmed the darker portions of fur along the dappled woman's frame. Dark lids closing to further enjoy the sense of peace that washed over her.

Until an unexpected phrase fell from Elettra's lips, that is. The shock was the most evident expression that adorned the magpie's facial features when lids quickly sprung open and her attention snapped to focus on the dark woman beside her, brows momentarily furrowing in mild confusion. Had she heard her properly? A few minutes passed by while Enoki intently studied the woman's face for any signs that this was just another joke she was playing. That any moment now her facade would crack and a bout of laughter would escape, amused she had fooled the huntress so. Yet no such crack could be spotted. She was actually serious about this.

So this was why she beckoned her out here. Clearing her throat, her lids blinked a couple times as if to truly ensure that this was not some dream and she was indeed experiencing this. "Of course. I'll try my hardest not to fail you and ensure Willow Ridge thrives for years to come." Since the day the duo had met and the fateful day that she swore her loyalty to the Archer woman the magpie had never questioned her judgment and she was not about to start today. Even if this was an honor she never expected to be bestowed with.

Word Count: 320
Ashbash 2016 - Sebastian Unrau 
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
Elettra had expected the shocked expression which Enoki had given her, taking a few moments for this to soak in and make sure that it was actually real. Elettra knew that there was really no one else to take up the mantle savor Enoki, though that did not mean the honor was any less. After all, Elettra could have waited. She could have held onto this position up until spring when her daughter reached breeding maturity and then bestowed the honor upon her, having Ravenna fight for her dominance above Enoki and surpass into leadership. Though this was not a move in which Elettra wanted to make for her daughter. If Elettra told Ravenna she wanted her to take her place come spring, Ravenna would. She would find a suitable male to solidity her place by giving her children and she would be a leader and do her damned best at it. Though for nearly all of Ravenna's life, her attention had been for what was best for her mother. Elettra wanted Ravenna to become lead when she was ready to and that was not now. She hadn't explored the world yet, had not lived yet before being so tied down. Enoki wanted this. Enoki deserved this. Ravenna was young and she would have her chance, one day. 

"You've not failed me in all the years you've been here. I've no doubt you will not fail at this." There is a delicate smile which moves over her muzzle once more, turning her pale gaze with just a side glance to the woman at her side in order to catch her expression. "Besides, spring will be here before we know it..." Her head turns more to the woman now. "I'm sure you would make some beautiful, patchy colored children." A grin then, as she playfully mocks the bi-colored woman. After all, only the leading pair typically bred within the ranks, or even perhaps the leaders separately should they take different mates on an off chance. With Angier gone, there would be no way Elettra would have bred for the new year and if she had, did not think she would be up for the task one last time. She had survived four litters in her life time and that was enough. 
Inactive No Rank
Enoki Archer
Enoki Ashrelle

Unexpected or not, though, the honor did wonders to raise the magpie's confidence in herself. If Elettra was confident she could lead the pack with no qualms then that spoke volumes about the trust she had embedded within the dappled woman, but that did pose one question to arise at the back of Enoki's mind. Why not pass the crown down to its rightful heir and her daughter, Ravenna? After all, she was an Archer by blood. Could it be that fickle detail of the silvered princess not quite being an adult yet that made the dark queen decide against bestowing her with the crown instead? Surely Elettra could have held off a bit longer until Spring arrived...

Like a lasso around her mind, the words of appraisal from Elettra tugged Enoki back into the current reality, that delicate smile adorning the Archer's lips not going amiss. She then went on to bring up the subject of spring and children in jest toward the piebald woman and the words instantly caused a sudden heat to flush the woman's cheeks, ebony ears laying back momentarily in a shy and embarrassed manner before letting the smoldering amber hue of her gaze meet the pale, silvered hue of her former queen and dearest friend. That grin had such an infectious effect on the younger woman and one of her own began to adorn her dark facial features, a nervous chuckle escaping her. "I've always admired the idea of children of my own, but I never imagined it being something I could actually have. Living here I was content to live out that fantasy by helping to raise your children."

It was no surprise to anyone how involved she had been with most of the cubs that had come and gone since she joined the Ridge, but now that the next litter to be birthed beneath these willows she loved so much could be her own had an effortless way of spreading that grin further across her face. "Y'know I've actually had a name picked out for a girl for awhile now. She'd be named after a strong woman with no fear that I could only hope to become a quarter of now that you've given me the opportunity to lead." Grin transforming into a wry smirk as an ivory-clad shoulder playfully bumped against Elettra's. "I'd name her Ellie after you." Now it was Enoki's turn to study the other woman's reaction.

Word Count: 408
Ashbash 2017 - Sebastian Unrau 
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
You can wrap it up with your post if you'd like? Last day she spends with Enoki. :(

She could not help but soak in the shy expression which Enoki held over her features at the thought of children. It would not be a far stretch as to who Enoki might choose, ether. There were very little men within the pack to chose from and although Enoki was free to go out and find any man, from any pack or even a loner, if she wished, Elettra had known to notice Enoki close to Nicolo's side a time or two before. Perhaps she would choose her younger brother as a mate and then, truly, they would be family by bonded blood and she would have her own proud children of Archers then. 

When Enoki spoke on of having been content in doing the duty of helping raising Elettra and Angier's own children, Elettra was silent, though nodded ever delicately in agreement. It was plain obvious to anyone who was within the ranks that Enoki had taken to many of the children born here, especially so being @Deacon. The pup when turned into young man had decided to go off on his own and adventure in many ways which most males did when they got older, the females being the ones to stay within the pack for longer until they found themselves a mate. Elettra wondered if Deacon would ever return to the ranks. She knew for a fact this would make the piebald woman very happy. 

When Enoki had mentioned having a name picked out for a girl for awhile now, Elettra's ears perked to this, pale eyes meeting the woman. If Enoki had not thought that a time would ever come for her to have children, Elettra wondered why she had not passed on the idea to Elettra so that perhaps she could grant her own children with the name on behalf of Enoki? The two toned woman goes on to tell that the name was created after a strong woman she knew, one without fears, one that she could only hope to remotely be like now that she had been passed on leadership among her pack mates. 

After a pause, Enoki offers Elettra a bump with her shoulder, speaking the delicate name of 'Ellie' to her. A name broken off from Elettra's own. The older woman's expression softens, no longer a smirk or grin moving over her graying lips, but a smile. A true and soft smile of happiness. "I think I like it." She agrees to the name, before then reaching over to move her muzzle through the white hairs of the woman's shoulder in affection. "I'll never forget you, my friend..." Although age broken down her body and heartache broke down her mind, even if she died a shriveled up old hag, or if she would die today and move onto a new life, she would never forget her piebald friend.