574 Users Online
Bing, Google

i was enchanted to meet you — Antler Ring 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Van who has 237 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Castel Lyall-Noor
@Kino A day later, late evening.

The ring of antlers was bathed in a soft orange light as the sun began to go down beyond the trees in the distance. The light itself was highlighting the orange-red in Cas' fur, and she shifted a bit, self-conscious that she might look a bit like a burning bush in this sort of light. She didn't know why she was feeling quite so nervous about meeting Alastor again; she really shouldn't, and she knew she wouldn't act it - or even feel it - when the silver boy arrived, but left alone with her thoughts, she couldn't help but worry a little about how she looked or if he was even going to show. It wasn't a big deal if he didn't, because she had not walked too far away before she had found a spot to bed down for the night, anyway.

But still...

To remedy her concern, she got to her paws and paced around, allowing her steps to hitch a bit because she knew that no one else was around to see that bit of uncomfortable weakness in her walk. It felt better to not put so much weight on her left foreleg, and she wouldn't be able to favor it around her 'date.' She wouldn't want to have him ask about it, and she wouldn't want to cause concern. Nothing would ruin a date like the girl just coming out with an "I'm dying," would it?

She was feeling a bit better today, anyway - not so sore and tired, but that was because she had been resting for most of the night and day following their first encounter. She'd even managed to eat a small rabbit that had shown up basically underneath her nose, so her appetite was coming back a little, as well. She just had a bit more energy than yesterday, so that hopefully she would be able to provide a fun afternoon for the boy with the moonlit pelt.

(This post was last modified: Jan 16, 2017, 07:31 PM by Castel.)
Played by Kristen who has 363 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Alastor Leigh
Who REALLY needs to work, right? >.>

Kino had been on edge all day, but not for a bad reason. Rather, he was anticipating his meeting with Cas. Prey levels in their territory, he found, were very low. Terrifyingly low to be perfectly honest. He didn't think he'd ever had a territory be so low on food to feed them and he couldn't help but wonder how their leaders were feeling about it. If things got any worse he suspected they may have to leave. As a whole, of course, unless Hal decided differently. And what would happen if they did have to leave? What about Cas? He decided he'd probably have to tell her about the possibility of their moving, just so she'd know that he hadn't up and left on his own accord. But, would she even really care? For all he knew she might have had someone waiting for her somewhere else, though he had scented no one else in her fur. Maybe she wouldn't even show up? He'd be a little disappointed of course, but it would just make for a good workout he supposed.

Moving out across the range the vague glint from the white outer coating of the antlers came into view, then a few moments later the ring itself. He squinted, trying to see if her small form was there and for a second he didn't think she was there. A small frown marred his maw before he saw a flicker of movement. Upon closer inspection it proved to be Cas. He let out a bark of greeting, slowing his stride as he came closer and allowing a lazy grin to seep onto his lips. “Hey there, lovely lady,” he said, offering a friendly bump to her shoulder with his. It was nice to have someone who didn't seem to be completely uncomfortable by his touch.
Inactive Deceased
Castel Lyall-Noor
I mean, I won't complain xD Do you know the song I picked the title from? Because if you do, I think it fits.

The instant she heard his little noise of greeting, Cas stopped pacing and planted herself in a confident - even a bit cocky, because why the heck not? - stance, and offered him a smile as he approached. Her tail waved slowly behind her as she took in his form, still noticeably silver in the orange sunset. Still reminding her of the moon on a clear night. She didn't pull back as he approached, and instead allowed him to come as closely as he wanted.

Which, apparently, was quite close. Not that Cas had a problem with that. It was only that his bumping shoulder caused hers to ache. She winced ever-so-slightly and a stab of guilt tore into her chest before she chased it away again. She wasn't doing anything wrong by being with this boy. And, as if to prove her inner rectitude wrong, she gingerly brushed her other shoulder against his and waved her tail. She tried, of course, to ignore the specific female scent that clung to Alastor's fur more strongly than the others. She wasn't jealous in the slightest - a bit concerned that, if the silver boy were to have a mate that he was sneaking out on like this, he might be in for it when she found out.

"Hey, yourself," she greeted, looking up at him with a grin. "I have to tell you, Al, I didn't know if you were going to show up for a while there. You really know how to keep a girl on her toes." The teasing tone came so easily and naturally to her, especially in this situation. It was like second nature.

She turned and stepped away from him a bit so that she didn't have to strain her neck so much to look up at him. "So, captain. What devious adventures have you planned for us, this evening? Pissing off porcupines? Sneaking onto another wolf's territory? Or how about plain old exploration?" She laughed a bit and shrugged a shoulder. "See where the night takes us, you know?" Her deep eyes found his electric ones, and she smiled, high spirits evident for the world to see.

(This post was last modified: Jan 17, 2017, 12:41 AM by Castel.)
Inactive No Rank
Alastor Leigh
His bump seemed to elicit a wince from the ashen girl and he gave her a sheepish look, “Sorry, guess I don't know my own strength huh?” but it didn't seem to bother the girl as much as she moved to brush her own coat along his. Perhaps she was just sore from traveling? He could understand that, had had quite the same feeling not too long before from traveling from the Bend to the Monadnock, and even before then traveling from the Crest to the Red Fern Forest. He'd just have to be gentle if she wanted to be all touchy feely, though there was still a line that he drew. Where that was exactly, however, he didn't entirely know.

When she spoke of him keeping her on her toes he chuckled, “Gotta keep things spicy somehow. I've heard keeping things stagnant is a real deal breaker,” he replied with a wink and a swoosh of his tail. Then, he watched as she moved away and for a second he wondered if she wanted him to follow her, but then she turned around and looked at him and he understood. Of course she was totally tiny and he was a relative giant, so it was pretty hard for her to look at how from close proximity without straining her neck. So, to make things a big easier he decided to just lay on the ground. Settling his auds tilted forward to catch what she was saying, an amused glint in his topaz gaze. “Well, I can't say that I had it in mind to take a quill to the ass anytime soon, so perhaps we could save the porcupine prodding for another rendezvous. Sneaking into another wolf’s territory is boooring, definitely been done before. Gotta stay original, you know? So, what's more original than going and seeing some stuff you haven't seen before? Or mix it up, do what's least expected and just have a nice chat? Wouldn't mind looking at the stars with a feisty little Yukon. Whatever is game I'm down,” he replied, tail thumping the ground lazily behind him.
Inactive Deceased
Castel Lyall-Noor

She shook off his apology with a light smile and wag of her tail. "It's not your fault; you were gentle. I'm just a little sore, is all," she assured him, and was grateful when he laid down in front of her. So, she sat in front of him, so that she didn't have to put too much weight on her achy legs. She couldn't imagine that it was good for her to be on her feet for so long, and she sighed softly as she relaxed, lifting that one pesky left leg up a bit so that all the weight was off of it. That one in particular was giving her fits.

A bit of laughter escaped her when he mentioned taking a porcupine quill to the ass, and she shook her head in amusement. She was about to chastise that you had to be quicker than the porcupine in order to play that game, but then it registered in her mind that he'd said to save that for another rendezvous. He couldn't be serious, could he? Either he'd just said that without thinking, or he was actually interested in the girl. Which posed a whole new number of problems. One of which being that Cas wouldn't be able to satisfy her pesky conscience by saying that, no, of course this was all fun and games. There wasn't anything to be done wrong in this situation. But, if he were to actually like her, then that would be a serious problem. One that she wasn't equipped to handle.

"Hey, sneaking into someone's territory is so not boring! It was a good idea!" she protested playfully, flicking her tail to the side. She decided to give a bit of though into her next statement, considering that the night could go any number of ways, based on her answer. But, it only took her a moment, and she continued on with confidence, "Looking at the stars sounds like an excellent idea. Besides, I don't know a thing about you, aside from the fact that you're a handsome stranger who likes to nibble on antlers and flirt with random girls." She winked at the end of her statement, leaving out the fact that stargazing might be easier than adventuring for her right now. She really needed a bit of time to recuperate.

Inactive No Rank
Alastor Leigh
She affirmed his suspicions that she might have just been sore and she gladly followed his lead in relaxation. But, his topaz gaze briefly zeroed in on her foot as she lifted it from the ground. A flicker of concern bloomed in him that she might be lying to keep him from trying to help her if her leg was hurt, but he wasn't entirely sure how to go about asking. Rather, he'd let it go for now but if she kept showing signs of it bothering her he'd but his nosey head in. Yeah, that was a good idea.

His wolfish grin widened a fraction as she laughed about his comments, the was quick to retreat to mock indignation about sneaking into another pack’s territory being boring. Truthfully he just hadn't wanted to try it because if they were to sneak into one around here it would either be the Monadnock’s, which would be bad, or their neighboring pack’s, which if found out would be doubly as bad. Nope, better to play it safe than to risk something like that. “Of course it was,” he said, face growing utterly serious attempting to seem convincing that he was backing her idea. But, after a moment he snorted and let out a chuckle, rolling to his back and reaching a long foreleg out to bat at her. “Don't get that pretty pelt of yours in a ruffle,” he mused.

Then, suddenly she was wanting to ask questions about him and he wasn't so sure how he felt about it. What could he say to make sure that he didn't ruin her like he felt he had his dark companion? It seemed that anybody who know about his past inevitably met a depressing tragedy and he didn't want that for this girl. He'd never wanted it for Hal, but he would try his darndest to keep it from happening to Cas. “Me? Bahhh nothing much to me. Dad died before I was born, mom died when I was young, been sort of drifting from pack to pack ever since,” he replied with a noncommittal shrug. Short, sweet, and safe. Nothing much more to dig into because just mentioning dead parents to anyone would normally make them want to steer clear of the subject. “What about you? Some kind of renegade princess hell bent on rescuing yourself from the dragon?”
Inactive Deceased
Castel Lyall-Noor

A light breeze blew over the grasses and whispered across the fur on her face as she relaxed and made small talk with the silvery boy. She fake harrumphed and made a show of fluffing out her fur when he mentioned her getting her pretty pelt in a ruffle. She'd get her fur in a ruffle if she darn well wanted to, thank you very much. She'd decided not to comment on him staring at her foot, because she'd rather just drop that particular subject altogether. There was nothing to be done for it, so there was no need to talk about it.

It seemed that the boy had taken her request for information about him as prying into his past, which had not been the case. Nevertheless, she frowned a bit as he spoke, lowering her head in momentary respect for his deceased parents. "That's terrible; I'm so sorry." She meant it genuinely, but made no comment on her own dead mother. That would put a damper on the mood even further. So, instead, she jumped on his idea of princesses and dragons, and wagged her tail happily. "Sounds about right to me," she laughed, and found that she liked the idea of her disease being a huge, hulking dragon that she obviously had no chance against, but was fighting anyway. "Nobody else was going to get off their ass and help me with the dragon in my life, so I had to do it on my own. And believe me, there's a scary dragon for me to fight." She often didn't even believe it herself that she was scared of what was going on inside her own body, but she would be stupid to feel comfortable with it. There was this unsettled feeling; a fear of the unknown. She didn't particularly like thinking about it.

"I wasn't really asking about your past, though. I'm much more interested in the you right here, right now," she informed him, her sky-colored orbs finding his brighter, topaz ones. "Everyone always seems so interested in that stuff. I can't see why - it doesn't really matter now, does it? The past is the past." She grinned at him, tipping her head to the side. "I want to know about you, not who you were. Like... what's your favorite color? Food? Season? Do you have any hopes, or any dreams?" That was deep material, as well, but it wasn't as intrusive as asking for someone to delve deep into their past and lay their soul bare.

Inactive No Rank
Alastor Leigh
“Believe me, that's a scary dragon for me to fight,” she commented and his ears flicked curiously but he didn't pry. He supposed everyone had a dragon they were fighting in some way or another. And obviously he couldn't know that her dragon was ultimately going to win the battle. But, it was a nice metaphor if someone ever needed the will to keep driving, to think that they were battling against more than just themselves.

Her next words both embarrassed him and intrigued him. He could see how she was right, and he honestly wished that more wolves could see the world in that light. Then again, who was he to talk? He all but physically lived in his past, it was his driving factor but also the biggest part of him that was holding him back from better things. It was a pretty complex symbiotic/parasitic relationship he had going on. But, it had him much more comfortable nonetheless. He rolled back over and moved himself so that he was laying directly in front of her. If she were to lie down they'd form somewhat of a yin yang formation, the ability to look straight at each other from across their bodies given. “Now that is a good idea,” he replied.

As per usual a thoughtful hum rumbled his chest as he thought in her questions. “My favorite color would have to be…” the image of Sahalie’s eyes flashed across the front of his mind, struck by sunlight and glimmering in a way that looked like molten sunrays and had the uncanny ability to take your breath away. “Gold. Favorite food...it'll probably sound strange but Squirrel. They have a really nutty flavor about them I suppose.” he chuckled. “Season is fall. Not too hot, not too cold, and everything just seems so...beautiful and peaceful when the trees change colors. As for hopes and dreams…” he paused for a moment, trying to think of it but nothing came. Was it possible that he had no personal hopes or dreams? “I guess I don't really have any. I'm just a go with the flow kind of guy. Works out for me sometimes though, doesn't it? I got me the chance to meet a beauty,” he said, his tone teasing. “What about you?” Kino had never been very good at asking questions of his own.
Inactive Deceased
Castel Lyall-Noor

The little wolf sighed and rolled onto her flank so that she was laying facing him, relieved to be lying down and eyes half-lidded lazily, but contentedly. It was all too easy for her to picture the dark, looming dragon that was always breathing down her neck, and it was nice to be able to just relax and enjoy what was going on before her. "I happen to be chock-full of good ideas," she jibbed, her tail thumping the snow behind her as she listened to his responses to her questions.

Ultimately, they were normal answers. Stuff that any wolf could've said. But there was something about the way he said gold was his favorite color that just... it reminded her of a wolf in love, and she could all-too-easily picture either a wolf with golden eyes, or perhaps a wheat-gold pelt. Something important had to make him fond of that color - she could tell it from the inflections of his voice.

Soon, he was finished, with a bit of flattery for her toward the end that she snorted off with a shake of her head. "Well, I think my favorite color is green," she told him, picturing the shoots of grass that would grow in her pen in spring and summer. "I don't think I really have a favorite food. Nothing really stands out as appealing to me," she stated truthfully. She'd eaten earlier, but that was a small rabbit, and though she hadn't had a substantial meal in days... she didn't feel like she wanted one. "I like fall, too, but I personally prefer spring. Everything's so alive and growing, and there are puppies and baby birds and fawns. The weather is nice, and the bugs and birds singing sound like a song." She hoped she'd live to see springtime again. She assumed she would, but she wasn't going to let herself hope only to get disappointed in the end. "And, as for dreams, I don't really have any. I've never had a reason for them, you know? Like you said - live in the moment."

She stretched her forelegs lazily out in front of her, her paws nearly touching his flank as she relaxed, able to see his face without having to crane her neck or support any of her own weight. This was... comfortable; nice. It was pleasant and happy, and she pushed the idea of him having a girlfriend to the back of her mind for a moment.

Inactive No Rank
Alastor Leigh
Kino listened to her speak, silently filing away the information that he was given though he wasn't sure it would ever be useful. She liked the color green, didn't have a favorite food(which he thought was strange because food was so good), and she liked fall but her favorite season was spring. He could tell that that was very true in the way that she said it, almost in a daze for reasons he couldn't quite understand. Sure, spring was great and puppies were pretty cool he supposed. But he didn't know if he was as head over heels for it as she was. Then, she said that she didn't really have any hopes or dreams like him and he couldn't find a reason to smirk about it. It was kind of sad, really, to not have a dream or anything to aspire for. To keep you pushing for something better for yourself. Was a wolf with no aspirations even a worthy wolf at all?

He shoved away the depressing thoughts and instead focused on the now. “Hmmm, I guess I suppose I can agree on spring. Though the bugs, I'll admit, are annoying. And everyone gets really sneezy with allergies and stuff. I don't really get sick, though,” he said with some thought.