(See All?) Announcements
751 Users Online
Bing, Hazelnut, Google, Ryder

from the mouth of gabriel — Larkcall Lowlands 
Print · · Subscribe · 3 Loves ·
Played by Siki who has 1 posts.
Inactive
Breaker Vim
He's way far back where Roose left him, out of sight of the others. Craw post will be coming tomorrow or as soon as I get time, feel free to carry on in the meantime <3

The tic in his lower eyelid was back.

"Maybe I shouldn't've come," he said, tail loosely tucked as he watched @Roosemooth come back, his voice wavering between two octaves. The tawny wolf was unable to stand still, and had spent most of the morning fidgeting, mostly rubbing the fur off his forelegs with his paws in worry. It was beginning to hurt, but the pain felt good. It distracted him from the churning sensation in his gut, like he'd eaten something just a bit too rotten, but wasn't quite able to vomit. "I got - I got pretty li'l @Cheedo for you, yeh? For him? I done enough. This is - this ain't necessary, yeh?"

Nevermind that it had been his idea to come along in the first place (or so he thought, anyway), after Roose had first told him that Craw had been found alive and well several days ago. Even hearing the name had been enough to upset his stomach. And nevermind that he'd said something along those lines countless times over the last few days, and each time Roose had had the right words to soothe him just enough until the creeping fear spread enough that he couldn't ignore it yet again. But then hope had germinated in the mud of his soul, hope that he could make things right, that maybe time really did cure all.

Breaker still felt as sick today as he did two years ago, at the memory of his brother's bloated and soaked body on the edge of the Eye, at all the terrible things that had happened before and after that day. Often he recalled the moment they had first met Craw, three years ago now, a pair of vagrant brothers out for adventure... and he wished that he could smack them both upside their stupid heads for listening to the Khai at all. If they could have known what a hornet nest they'd been walking into... Breaker would have taken Roake and fled until the ugly silhouette of the howling mountain was a distant memory.

Instead all he was left with were ugly memories.

The desire to be here and make things right with Craw and the others fought so viciously with the need to do what Breaker Vim tended to do best, which was flee, and all his turmoil resulted in was two increasingly pink forearms.
Played by Flywolf who has 37 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Roosemooth Boor

OOC! Okay I know I said I wouldn't but I just can't leave poor Breaker to suffer!

--------------------------------------------------------

Word Count: 280

His companion was starting to rub again.  Roose was trying very hard to ignore the lad incessantly rubbing his legs together, but it was starting to get on his nerves. For the thousandth time the boy started to try to talk his way back north.

“I got pretty li’l Cheedo for you…”

As if Roose cared a jot about that quivering lump of pitiful flesh.  He merely thought she may be useful, and Craw might like to have her returned.  She might also be a tool for his plans regarding the Morelli man.  “Don’t be silly.” The adviser soothed, gently reaching out with a paw to stop Breaker’s forelegs from rubbing each other any more raw than they already were. “Craw will be so happy to see you. He wants all of us back, and that means you too.” He patiently explained.  He couldn’t count the amount of times they’d had this conversation.  “You have no reason to be afraid.  I’m right here, and Craw won’t let any harm come to us.  We are his family.”  

He didn’t care what new life Craw had made here; the incoming crew would always be the spider’s family first and foremost.  Roosemooth knew there would be others now, yes, but the integration of the new and the old couldn’t be avoided.  They would merge into one, and Craw’s new family would be all the better for the arrival of the old.

Ears pricked and listening, Roose heard Morelli’s call to Craw, and he couldn’t help the stirring of excitement in his gut.  “Not long now.” He murmured to the nervous wreck beside him.  “You’ll see; everything will be all right.”  

And they would be.

"Speech"  Thought

(This post was last modified: Jan 22, 2017, 12:27 AM by Roosemooth.)