(See All?) Announcements
582 Users Online
Bing, Saoirse, Google

into the water; into the truth — Edge Stone Pool 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Van who has 237 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Castel Lyall-Noor
@Piety Sorry for the wait and possibly-terribly-short post!

The lowlands were becoming a favorite place of Cas'. The vast, openness of it all seemed to free her mind of any fear that she might have been reminded of otherwise; if she had been in a more, closed-off area. Sometimes even the trees around Stonewatch Timbers made her feel claustrophobic, even though that made absolutely no sense. Trees were not fencing; wood was not metal. There just wasn't a reason for her to feel that way. And yet, she did anyway.

But she did not feel that way here. No, here was all wide open spaces and freedom and room to run to one's heart's content. Not that Cas had been doing a whole lot of running recently. For the moment, she was content to just be a slow-going wanderer and make her leisurely way across the beautiful, open grounds of the Larkcall Lowlands.

She hadn't been expecting to nearly fall into a massive. freaking. hole in the ground.

She stopped herself from taking a rather big nosedive into a ravine with a... frozen pool of water at the bottom? Blue eyes squinting to try and make out the shape of it better, she started to pick her way down the slippery slopes of the hole. She made it down without incident, and only minor aches and pains from her newly-rested joints, before she reached the frozen water and hummed in interest. She crouched down and pressed a paw to one of the shallower parts, where she assumed the ice might be a bit thinner. She managed to make a hole, and lapped up some of the ice-cold liquid like it was nectar from heaven.

(This post was last modified: Jan 17, 2017, 05:49 AM by Castel.)
Played by Becca who has 524 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro
Kind of a note for myself: Before Zahira challenging for Piety's rank

Things had been going well for Piety. By the rules of Whitestone Monadnock, she was allowed her little adventures as long as she didn't take too long or cause any major incidents. So far she had complied with those rules with ease. She even usually brought @Wraith with her or he included her along. Her next goal was to drag @Lorcan from that medical den and out into the wild more. She was happy he was so involved with his role but the man looked like he needed more excitement! Granted, his last run in with Mittani might have been too much excitement for him...

Her head shook as if dismissing those thoughts from her brain. While she cared greatly for Lorcan she wasn't going to burden her mind with thoughts of him when she was out adventuring. She also highly doubted he thought of her so there was no need for her to do so. The only thing she needed to think about was how to get pack to the pit she had discovered with Wraith.

It didn't take too long to find herself approaching the pit, which she now knew there was a pool at the bottom. But the scent of someone else filled her lungs. Young and alone. "Hello?" She called out, carefully tiptoeing to the edge of the pit and spying a small reddish female at the bottom. "Have you ever been here before?" Piety asked without a care, her tail swayed happily behind her.
[Image: 5mjdmLH.gif]
# C W T
Played by Van who has 237 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Castel Lyall-Noor
Sorry; bad word. For some reason I felt like having Cas cuss in front of Piety? Probably to accentuate her badness in light of Piety's goodness.

This place was beautiful, was about the only thing that Cas had time to think of as she raised her head and glanced around before the voice of another female cut through the air and brushed against her auds. It wasn't a cruel voice, or an unhappy one at all. It was just a simple 'Hello?' So, Cas turned to face the owner of the voice, angling her ears toward the wolf it had come from.

She paused for a second, thinking that something about this wolf was... familiar somehow. Maybe... did she sort of look like Sven had? Once again, however, the white female interrupted her inner musings with a 'Have you ever been here before?' and Cas decided that, no, she couldn't have reminded her of Sven. The off-white boy had been too gruff and harsh to be related in any way to a wolf with such a sweet voice as the one before her.

"Yeah, actually," she called up, wagging her tail at the older wolf. "I nearly fell into the damn thing." She was clearly not frustrated by that fact, after having just ended up in such a beautiful place. She didn't think she'd have even been upset to have fallen in.

The ruddy, gray-and-red wolf smiled up at the one with the white fur. "I'm Cas, by the way. And, I take it you have been here before?" she asked, while also offering up her name. It saved time to just get the pleasantries out of the way.

Played by Becca who has 524 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Piety Santoro
Piety couldn't help but giggle as the small girl proclaimed she nearly fell into the damn thing. "We call it Edge Stone Pool." Her tail swayed happily behind her as she proceeded to rise to her full height. With ease, she walked down the stones into the bottom of the pit. She had done it once with @Wraith, even raced out of here, so she was confident she could walk down it.

At the introduction, the Santoro offered a smile. "Pleasure to meet you, Cas! My name is Piety and I have indeed been here before. I was actually here not too long ago discovering this place with a friend." Her eyes looked around at the still frozen small waterfalls and the ice below their paws that had been covered by some snow.

"So what's brought you out to this end of the Lowlands?" She asked politely with a kind smile. Piety wasn't intentionally trying to intrude but she was curious what such a small, fragile girl was doing out here alone. In the winter. She really wondered what anyone would be doing alone in the winter without a home to go to. Piety assumed the girl didn't have a home from the lacking scent on her pelt.
[Image: 5mjdmLH.gif]
# C W T